Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Werewolf XXXVIII: Jack The Ripper (GAME OVER! GOOD WINS ON DAY SEVEN)

In the 1880s, London was the jewel city of a mighty empire--and home to perhaps the most renowned slum in history--the Whitechapel District in the East End. Rape, extortion and murder were hourly events there at night (and sometimes the day, too), hidden under the shroud of fog and dull gas lanterns and in alleys so small and dark two men side-by-side could not pass through them. Prostitutes sell their wares with a wink and a smile, while unbeknownst to you, the orphans pinch your wallet. London police don't go there, and the night watchman is in for a dangerous, short-lived job. Thousands of immigrants--from as far as India and China to as close as the farmland outside of London main--huddled in poverty here, struggling with each other in a Darwinian fashion just for that extra shilling.

And no one in Whitechapel is important enough to bring Scotland Yard here. So can you survive the evil here? And what do you do when the most famous serial killer of all time lands in your neighborhood?

This game will focus on the slum of Whitechapel District. Roles will be sent out Monday night. It will start with a non-mandatory (no kills allowed) Night Zero, which will be run at 7 a.m. EDT (4 a.m. PDT) on the morning of Tuesday, Nov. 28. The first official day where everyone should be checking in is Day One, due at 9 p.m. EDT (6 p.m.) PDT Tuesday on Nov. 28.

More details to follow.

IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS GAME WILL NOT START UNTIL AFTER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND. IF YOU JOIN, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT YOU DID SO, SO THAT WE DO NOT HAVE ANY NO SHOWS WHO MIGHT GET IMPORTANT ROLES. THANK YOU.

P.S. If you are interested in playing but have limited availability, you can still play, as most roles only need limited availability. If you want to enter the game in that capacity, please PM me and I will exclude the few critical roles when I do your role. I would recommend not saying publicly that you did this, however, as knowledge you are not in a critical role could affect the game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-05-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

An eery red full moon shines down on the Whitechapel District on a brisk, early autumn night. There is more than just the usual roustabouts on the lurk tonight!

A terrifying scream rips through the air on Whitechapel Road, in an alley beside the Bumbrady Inn. Screams are not uncommon in the East End, but this chilling outcry would freeze the hottest blood. The night watchman walks over to investigate--and throws up at what he sees.

The whore Polly Ann Nichols, always pleasant considering her line of work, lies dead against the wall of the inn, her blood pooling in the crevices of the cobblestones underneath her. The look on her face, frozen forever, reflects the sheer terror with which she met her end, eyes wide open looking into Hell itself. Her face is almost pristine--the rest of her is not. Her torso has been cut open from navel to throat, in a jagged manner that can only reflect the purity of hatred in the killer's twisted heart.

Jack The Ripper, the Whitechapel Murderer, has claimed his first victim.

Word spreads quickly throughout the district as a crowd gathers, and people awake from uneasy slumbers. Cries of anguish, fear and anger rake the air. There is little police presence here--the night watchman is the closest to it, and he still needs help standing after this gruesome sight--but there is certainly justice.

Little power can match that of the hungry mob, and the ringleaders work quickly. "No one will enter or leave Whitechapel until this diabolical killer is found!" Guards are set on the outskirts, and a blanket of fear falls on the rabbled populace.

It is decided. On the morrow, a suspect will die, hung by his gullet not more than a few yards from the last alley Polly Ann would ever see. And one will die every day, until the mob is certain this latest Satan has passed from this Earth.

THE GAME IS BEGUN!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-28-2006 at 01:59 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Rules

As with most other WW games, this game is divided into night and day phases. The first phase will be a danger-free, non-mandatory Night Zero, followed by a normal Day One.

Most of the time, the end of the days will come at 10 p.m. EST (7 p.m. PDT) on weekdays. If there is a change, it will be announced well in advance. The night phase actions will be due by 7 a.m. EST (4 a.m. PDT). This will likely not change except for weekends.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Day One will end at 9 p.m. EST (6 p.m. PDT) due to a prior moderator obligation.

Each day, you will vote for someone who will be lynched by the terrorized mob of Londoners. You will do this by bolding your vote (as in VOTE CHIEF RUM). If you wish to change your vote, you must first unvote your previous vote (UNVOTE CHIEF RUM). The person with the most votes at the end of each day phase will be hung from the highest lantern post on Whitechapel Road until dead. This vote is subject to only one rule--the lynch candidate must have at least one-third of the available voters, rounded down to the next whole number. So if you have 15 voters, at least 5 votes must be placed on the person to be lynched. If you have 14 voters, only 4 votes are needed (14/3= 4 2/3, rounded down to 4). After all, a lynch mob needs some consensus to really get going.

All Day Actions, if you have any, are due by the lynch deadline.

If you have any night actions, you must PM me during the night phase if you choose to use them. Please see your individual PMs for more instructions there. Night actions are due by the end of the night phase.

You may never quote my PMs to you, nor use words in them to identify each other. As in other games, you can paraphrase what you have learned there, but that is all.

You may not edit or delete posts in this thread, even for grammar. Only I may do so.

You are not allowed to self-vote, and the vote will be rejected if you attempt to do so.

I am taking a lighter approach to Anxiety's rules about language and harrassment. I think there is a line that should not be crossed. That said, I will not penalize you for reactions involving most foul language. However, if you include such language in a personal attack or I deem it to be a completely unnecessary use of the word, I may punish you for using it, from a warning to more harsh punishments.

In other words, be yourselves--but take a little care to review your posts before posting.

As for harrassment/treatment of others, I will take that on a case by case basis. Personal attacks outside the scope of the game are not allowed, but accusations and argumentation within the scope of the game are. We should all be having fun here.

IMPORTANT #2: Reaching the moderator

In every WW game, questions will arise, particularly in complex ones. As such, I feel I need to make myself reachable at most reasonable times of the day. Unfortunately, I work all day (likely away from home computer from 5:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. PDT) at a place that resricts me from reaching FOFC.

If you have a question about the game or your role that cannot wait until I return, you may email me at [email protected]. You must state what your FOFC handle is and whether your question is for private use or public use. If it is private, this will serve as similar to a PM to me. If it is public (like a question asked publicly in the thread), I expect you to post my response in the thread when you receive it, so that all will know how I responded. If I come home and find that it has been intentionally misconstrued in some manner, I may choose to punish for that.

I would prefer that you be absolutely certain you need to know this before I get home in order to email me. Information that involves clarifying night actions or rules/information that affect lynch votes are good enough reasons to email me at work.

Most nights I will be readily available and when I am not, I will announce it.

I reserve the right to change the rules of the game as needed to ensure the proper flow of the game and of the entertainment of its participants, but I will always try to remain within the spirit of the game and original rules.

Any infractions against these rules will be punished on a case-by-case basis, including removal from the game. The criminal element in the East End is ravenous in its pursuit of wealth and excitement--and I am not afraid to use it.

The Sides

There are three sides in this game, but it will appear to be two. That is because there is the definitively evil and the altruistic good at either end, and then there is the normal destitute populace of the East End--a mass of people who try to be good (for the most part), but usually fail.

For the purposes of this game, you are either evil or you are not. And you will know if you are evil, so if you have any doubt--you are not evil. The evil side wins if they bring the numbers of good down to equal to theirs. Some of the individual evil roles will have their own further conditions to achieve a major victory, but their essential purpose is the minor victory--evil wins.

For good, it is much the same. A few roles will have major victory conditions, but the maing oal is the elimination of evil from the Whitechapel District, including Jack The Ripper aka The Whitechapel Murderer. Most of the members of "good" are Londoners just trying to survive, and they aren't saints. They're just less evil than Jack The Ripper, so they count with the good.

Weather and location do matter greatly in this game. A traditional London fog can shroud activities at night. A good rain can scare everyone back inside. But a strangely clear night with a bright moon also can bring its own dangers.. At the end of every day, there will be a forecast of the night's weather. It will be a good indicator, but as with any weather forecast, it can be wrong. Keep that in mind when choosing your night actions.

The district of Whitechapel is a large and filthy one with many nooks and corners and alleyways you wouldn't want to go into. For purposes of this game, there are four main areas within the district. They are Whitechapel Road itself (the main thoroughfare and the largest commercial area--it includes a hotel, a constabulary and an opium den), Bishopsgate to the west, Cavell Street to the east, and Commercial to the south. It may be necessary to focus your night actions on any of these areas individually. If you need to do so, you may refer to them as Whitechapel, Bishopsgate, Cavell and Commercial. Different spots in the district are homes to different people in the game.

The Roles

THE SIDE OF GOOD

Here are some of the roles that you may see on the side of good, although none are guaranteed to be in the game.

Sherlock Holmes: The reknowned detective comes alive here in Whitechapel as he tackles his biggest case yet. Can he solve the murders of Jack The Ripper?

Dr. John H. Watson: What would Holmes be without his trusty sidekick, Watson?

Chief of Inspectors, Scotland Yard: The chief has been charged by his superiors to find Jack The Ripper, and he is in the district to do just that.

Inspector Lestrade: The chief is a bureaucrat, so he has brought his most successful inspector. Lestrade may have gone undercover in Whitechapel to track down the evil terrorizing the district.

Night Watchman: The night watchman is charged by the local constabulary to keep an eye on things when the sun sets. He patrols the district and tries to keep the few good souls there from harm.

The night watchman is an occupation, not an identity, and there are possibly a few more jobs of import here.

Prostitutes: You can't have the East End without the ladies of the night--and the targets of Jack The Ripper himself. Evil wants to bring all good down. Jack The Ripper is only after the whores. Hopefully the benefits are worth that huge downside.

Urchins: Orphans aplenty roam the streets of Whitechapel. They have their uses--they are particularly sneaky and get their ears around all sorts of things--but be careful, that waif may have just stolen your wallet.

Opium Den Dealer: He runs the opium den on Whitechapel Road, and you can pass a time or two there if you like. It's not very reputable, but then, just being seen in Whitechapel will get you off of Queen Victoria's guest list to the Royal Ball.

Bordello Mum: Pimps are a twentieth century invention. Mum can't turn tricks anymore, but she is a survivor, and she helps the girls as much as she can.

Londoner: This is your common villager. You may work in a foundry, a slaughterhouse, a tannery, perhaps down at the fishmarket. Who knows? It's hard work for cheap wages. But you are your basic common London townfolk in this game, likely collateral for the powers that be.

THE SIDE OF EVIL

Jack The Ripper: This is the notorious Jack The Ripper, and he is in the game. After all, it's named after him. Jack gets a minor victory if he kills all the prostitutes or if evil wins. If both happen, he gets a major victory.

Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde: Victims gruesomely torn apart as if by some powerful creature have begun to show up in Whitechapel. Jack The Ripper may not be the only monster in town.

Dr. James Moriarty: Moriarty, Holmes' longtime nemesis, is also the head of London's crime syndicate, many activities of which is carried out in Whitechapel. He is here to see to his interests--and attempt to foil Holmes, of course. If Moriarty evades Holmes or evil wins, he gets a minor victory. If he combines the two, he gets a major victory.

Fagin: The urchins move about with more urgency than one would expect from the abandoned and hungry. There is an evil powerbroker keeping them fed--and under his control. Fagin, the infamous child exploiter, is no longer just a Dickensian nightmare.

The American Werewolf: He once was a fearless lad who decided to leave his homeland in America to travel the world--until he got bitten by a mysterious furred beast outside of London. He has settled into Whitechapel, and he has the taste for human blood.

THE WILDCARD

Beware, there may be freemasons afoot. They control everything, or so it is thought. Their power goes right up to the throne itself. They do work for either side--sometimes at the same time. But are there masons in Whitechapel? If they are around, they have the victory condition most of the rest of Whitechapel has--simple survival, whomever wins.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-27-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Players List

1. Barkeep49-- Dark Annie Chapman, a prostitute and on the side of good, killed Night Five
2. DaddyTorgo-- Professor Moriarty, criminal mastermind on the side of evil, commited suiced on Day Seven
3. Schmidty-- Oliver Twist, urchin and on the side of good, killed Night Three
4. Blade6119
5. bulletsponge-- Tommy Levine, slaughterhouse worker and on the side of evil (converted), lynched on Day Seven
6. Fouts-- James Tennyson, common Londoner and bartender on the side of good, killed Night One
7. saldana-- Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, two-faced monster on the side of evil, lynched on Day Four
8. Lathum-- Jack The Ripper, serial killer on the side of evil, stabbed to death on Day Two
9. Jonathon Ezarik-- The Artful Dodger, an urchin and on the side of good, removed to an orphanage on Day One
10. Tyrith-- Scotty Galveston, common Londoner and glassmaker on the side of good, killed Night One
11. BrianD-- Jervis Hardick, common Londoner and tailor on the side of good, killed Night One
12. path12-- Matthew Thompson, factory work and on the side of good, killed Night Six
13. st. cronin
14. LoneStarGirl-- Fagin, child exploiter and on the side of evil, lynched Day Six
15. MrWednesday-- Night Watchman and on the side of good, killed Night Three
16. SnDvls-- Long Liz Stride, a prostitute and on the side of good, killed on Night Two
17. dubb93-- The American Werewolf and on the side of evil, killed suring a botched lynch attempt on Day Five.
18. AlanT-- Charles Shanding, a cooper and on the side of good, lynched on Day Three
19. hoopsguy
20. Dodgerchick-- Anthony Guillory, a fisherman and on the side of good, lynched on Day Six
21. Raiders Army
22. Swaggs
23. ntndeacon-- Inspector G. Lestrade, Scotland Yard detective and on the side of good, killed by Jack The Ripper on Day Two
24. Izulde

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-05-2006 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:16 PM   #5
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm in.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

In.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #8
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill step in too
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #9
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

would prefer "Jill the Stripper", but ill join this one too. Im in
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if I will play this time or not. I;ve played or hosted every major WW game since May or so. Might be time for me to take a one game break. I'll think it over in the next few days.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #11
Fouts
College Starter

I'll give it a try.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #12
saldana
Pro Starter

i dont know why i bother, since i will die in 2 days, but i may as well lie to myself...

in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 PM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:05 PM   #14
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont know why i bother, since i will die in 2 days, but i may as well lie to myself...

in

dude...we weren't trying to kill you!!! we were trying to off cronin, your death was just a fortunate event okay? i didn't know it'd kill you too!
Old 11-18-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

In
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #16
Tyrith
College Starter

Sure, count me in, I can make it crazy fun time.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:04 AM   #17
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Not sure if I will play this time or not. I;ve played or hosted every major WW game since May or so. Might be time for me to take a one game break. I'll think it over in the next few days.

I hope you will play, but understand if you can't. I am figuring just not having a game for a two weeks (for most of us anyway) will help for those of us who need a break, but some need longer than others.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in please.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:45 PM   #19
path12
Coordinator

Oh yeah. I'm in.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:58 PM   #20
st.cronin
General Manager

in

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:20 PM   #21
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Wow, jonathan, schmidty and Barkeep? I am so in.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #22
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #23
SnDvls
Pro Starter

IN
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #24
spleen1015
Coordinator

Count me in.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #25
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'll play.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'll play too.

Good to see you in Dubb.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #27
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dubbys back?? This game is going to be good
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #28
saldana
Pro Starter

woot, welcome back dubb, in honor of your return, i wont vote for you on the first day.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:38 PM   #29
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE SALDANA

errr...ummm...is it too early?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:56 AM   #30
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Only 19 people? I thought we would hit at least 25... where is hoops and Dodgerchick?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:29 AM   #31
hoopsguy
General Manager

Have a few days to decide still - I'm looking at a pretty heavy workload right now and will likely miss some if not all of the next few games.

That said, I missed the last game and would like to play this one. So I'm trying to talk myself into playing ... just not sure it is feasible.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #32
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Have a few days to decide still - I'm looking at a pretty heavy workload right now and will likely miss some if not all of the next few games.

That said, I missed the last game and would like to play this one. So I'm trying to talk myself into playing ... just not sure it is feasible.

Hear that siren song? C'mon, hoops, just one more.........
Old 11-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #33
hoopsguy
General Manager

Siren song??? I'm planning on playing quite a few more of these games. Just not sure about the timing on this one, despite the fact that I want to play it.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 PM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am a little disappointed in the total turnout so far as well, although it may just be that, with game start so far away, players can't be sure if they can play or not right now. For this reason, I am probably not going to actually give out roles until Monday night. That will allow everyone to return from the holiday and get a day of work in before deciding. So I am hoping for a surge of new players at the end.

I will probably putting in the potential roles in the GAME DETAILS section soon, so everyone can get a read on some of the roles that might be in the game. That might spur more interest, too (I hope).

25 is a decent number for my game when it is fully played out. With 19, I will have to remove some parts of the game, which would be disappointing, but I'll do what I need to do to ensure it's a good game for the number of players.

Ideally, I think the game is best played with 27-30 players, but I don't know if we can hit that number.

I hope you will be able to play, hoopsguy.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #35
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I am a little disappointed in the total turnout so far as well, although it may just be that, with game start so far away, players can't be sure if they can play or not right now. For this reason, I am probably not going to actually give out roles until Monday night. That will allow everyone to return from the holiday and get a day of work in before deciding. So I am hoping for a surge of new players at the end.

I will probably putting in the potential roles in the GAME DETAILS section soon, so everyone can get a read on some of the roles that might be in the game. That might spur more interest, too (I hope).

25 is a decent number for my game when it is fully played out. With 19, I will have to remove some parts of the game, which would be disappointing, but I'll do what I need to do to ensure it's a good game for the number of players.

Ideally, I think the game is best played with 27-30 players, but I don't know if we can hit that number.

I hope you will be able to play, hoopsguy.
Dont take this the wrong way, but i tend to believe 18 is the ideal number for games...25 is too big if you ask me, and 27-30 would ruin it in my mind. I think we have seen quite a few times games that large drag on and on after the talkative players have died and no one steps up to fill the void of conversation and ultimately the game suffers

Just my 2 cents
Demotivation
Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM   #36
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Dont take this the wrong way, but i tend to believe 18 is the ideal number for games...25 is too big if you ask me, and 27-30 would ruin it in my mind. I think we have seen quite a few times games that large drag on and on after the talkative players have died and no one steps up to fill the void of conversation and ultimately the game suffers

Just my 2 cents

Actually, I agree. I have elements, though, that could make the game faster than a normal game that large. The 27-30 game is a game with all the roles included and a good number of non-roles in the game. I anticipated from the start that some of the fringe roles would be cut out when I went into this.

Something in the early 20s up to 25 would probably work just as well.

As for talkative players, well, just try not to die so soon.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, in terms of trying to get a certain number of players - I would suggest doing a little recruiting to see if you can get the number you think is best for running your game. I know that I have done that for games in the past and people are often willing to participate if asked, even if they didn't sign up in the thread.

I'll go ahead and sign up, but I will very likely have less time to participate than I normally do. However, I don't want to sign up for the limited availability role - if I get a meaty role I'll make sure to fulfill the requirements associated with it one way or another.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 11-22-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #38
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Siren song??? I'm planning on playing quite a few more of these games. Just not sure about the timing on this one, despite the fact that I want to play it.

My bad for being unclear. I had my metaphors mixed, should have been siren call but sounded more like swan song. Never mind, glad you're signing up!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:18 PM   #39
Lorena
Unregistered

Now that Thanksgiving is over...

Sign me up Chief.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #40
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll party with y'all. Be advised, I won't be on during the day.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #41
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

woot 2 more victims for my bloodlust!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #42
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm working really late on Tuesday, but if I make it past day 1, I should be able to get in.

So, I'm in.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:31 AM   #43
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I'll party with y'all. Be advised, I won't be on during the day.

Don't worry, RA. That happens to a lot of people who don't have FOFC access during the workday (including me actually). As long as you come in to get your votes, night actions (if you have them) and follow along in the thread at some point, you should be fine.

Welcome to the game.

Old 11-25-2006, 07:55 AM   #44
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE RAIDERS ARMY

Been awhile, but back in the day RA and I were on opposite teams almost as regularly as Alan and I seem to be these days.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:33 AM   #45
Raiders Army
Coordinator

LOL. I think most games I was a baddie, I'd lobby to convert hoops. Always a dangerous guy whether he's good or evil.

Anyhow, I liked being able to read the game at work and think about it. When I get home I don't have as much time to think about what's going on and usually just go for a gut feeling (which is usually wrong since I'm so easily manipulated). The last thing I want to do is not be able to give 100% to the game. With DC and hoops in the game, this is almost like the old CoH group!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #46
saldana
Pro Starter

welcome back RA, its been so long since you played i think you qualify as a noob
Old 11-25-2006, 03:16 PM   #47
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
With DC and hoops in the game, this is almost like the old CoH group!

I'm a little embarrassed not remembering who hoops was in CoH, but I have very fond memories of our gettogethers on the weekends. I would like to get into an MMORGP sometime in the near future.

I was pretty excited to see you come aboard RA
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #48
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
welcome back RA, its been so long since you played i think you qualify as a noob

Actually I never graduated from n00b status. I just called you a n00b to cover up my own insecurities.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #49
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I'm a little embarrassed not remembering who hoops was in CoH, but I have very fond memories of our gettogethers on the weekends. I would like to get into an MMORGP sometime in the near future.

I was pretty excited to see you come aboard RA

Hoops was Don the Baptist among others. While I'm trying to stay away from those games at this point in my life (since they're such a time-sucker), I too have very fond memories. I wonder what it would've been like with voice instead of typing.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #50
hoopsguy
General Manager

DC, did our CoH careers overlap? I was playing a little bit before RA and I know he was still around for a good bit after I stopped playing that game/timesuck (in the nicest possible way).