Old 11-28-2006, 07:34 AM   #101
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola first word should be courtesy
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:38 AM   #102
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Checking in. I will also be out most of the day (I get home about 5 PM Mountain); couple that with spotty internet coverage at times (damn you Time Warner!) and that may be a reason why I'm quiet. FWIW, my internet is usually spotty in the morning instead of at night.

I look forward to this game! Did anyone else get a PM that said they had 20 gold pieces for a prostitute? Just kidding.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 AM   #103
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I too will be out for most of the day. I plan to check in around 3:30 and cast my vote then. Depending on whether or not I can find a hotspot, I might be around for more of this morning.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #104
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I will also be gone most of the day. (til about 9 central) So I will have to make a blind guess at things early on.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:52 AM   #105
SnDvls
Pro Starter

checking in I'm not a baddie this game.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #106
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Based on my PM I think there is a lot of information out there already. I hope we can overcome some issues to get it out there somewhat early. Once again I'm preaching my information is better for the villagers than secrecy philosophy.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #107
Izulde
Head Coach

Clocking in. I'll be off and on most of the day and will be gone a good portion of the evening due to night class.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:10 AM   #108
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm here as well. I'll be on most of the day, so I'm up for chatting if people want to bounce ideas around.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #109
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Do we think all of the roles are in the game? I would say with a game of this size that the odds are good.

And thanks to a library I should be on for a bit and will likely cast my vote before I leave.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #110
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Do we think all of the roles are in the game? I would say with a game of this size that the odds are good.

And thanks to a library I should be on for a bit and will likely cast my vote before I leave.

I would be a little surprised if they were all here. It just seemed like there were so many listed.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #111
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I would be a little surprised if they were all here. It just seemed like there were so many listed.
Well there are 24 people and many of the roles seem interconnected which is why I thought there might be all of the roles in the game.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #112
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Well there are 24 people and many of the roles seem interconnected which is why I thought there might be all of the roles in the game.

It is possible. I was figuring that a few were there to throw us off, but I could be wrong. I guess I just always expect our GMs to be overly devious.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:16 AM   #113
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Checking in.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #114
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
It is possible. I was figuring that a few were there to throw us off, but I could be wrong. I guess I just always expect our GMs to be overly devious.

I agree. I don't see all of those roles in the game either.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #115
hoopsguy
General Manager

20 players have checked in up to this point. I'll cross-reference this later if it looks like there is an issue with no-shows.

Also, I have seen check-in posts from all the people who are in my initial trust list. I would hope/expect some cross-vouch from these people, if it becomes necessary, at least today as we begin to learn how to interpret information.

Initial trust list = highly unlikely to be Jack
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:53 AM   #116
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also willing to play the location game if others think this is a way to go. I believe I can contribute towards not just my information, but that of 1+ other players as well.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #117
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
courtest check in. I will be out most of the day without internet. I should be home in time to cast my vote.

As for Mr. Wednesdays idea I would rather wait to see how the mechanics of the game work before identifying what section of town I live in. I am afraid there may be some sort of dynamic involvong the weather or something that could influence a killers choice of what part of town to hunt in on a given night. Just a theory.

I think variations in weather are unlikely, unless the district is a lot larger than I would expect.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #118
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I'm going to go ahead with this regardless of whether anyone else wishes to participate.

I live in the Cavell Street area.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #119
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
[b]

Weather and location do matter greatly in this game. A traditional London fog can shroud activities at night. A good rain can scare everyone back inside. But a strangely clear night with a bright moon also can bring its own dangers.. At the end of every day, there will be a forecast of the night's weather. It will be a good indicator, but as with any weather forecast, it can be wrong. Keep that in mind when choosing your night actions

If I were Jack, I would probably strike when there's fog, right? I'm not really comfortable with the idea making my home known because if there's fog in my area, I might be screwed.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #120
hoopsguy
General Manager

Do we know if Night 0 was a clear night? I have my doubts about Jack being able to process an action, but I do think the Night 0 weather report might be helpful in processing information received.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #121
hoopsguy
General Manager

I have a meta-game concern that could make for an interesting discussion. Do people think it is worth going down that path if it significantly enhances our chances of getting information - and hopefully a bad guy - with a Day 1 lynch?

If the prevailing notion is to leave meta-game info alone then I'll happily do that. But if people want to take advantage of publicly posted stuff that is available for interpretation I'll post my thoughts on it.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:41 AM   #122
saldana
Pro Starter

checking in...didnt get a chance this morning because my contractor came before i left for work.

my thoughts on early discussion:

i think it could be a bad idea to say where we live right away..i wouldnt surprise me if jack has to give a location of where he wants to hunt for hookers, or if the hookers have to say where they want to shop themselves each night.

Hoops, as far as the meta-game issue, if you are referring to what i think you are referring to, i think you should let it go...in this particular game, i dont think it is as definitive as it could be in others.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #123
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I have a meta-game concern that could make for an interesting discussion. Do people think it is worth going down that path if it significantly enhances our chances of getting information - and hopefully a bad guy - with a Day 1 lynch?

If the prevailing notion is to leave meta-game info alone then I'll happily do that. But if people want to take advantage of publicly posted stuff that is available for interpretation I'll post my thoughts on it.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Did you find some info in a GM description that you thought might be useful, or are you pulling some wikipedia type info?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #124
Tyrith
College Starter

Usually someone has cast a random vote by now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #125
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
No one else dies on tonight.

Or no one anyone cares about, at least.

anyone else wondering what this might mean....the inference i get is that something else may have happened last night that isnt in the write up.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #126
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

at least i'm not a prostitute
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 PM   #127
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

fwiw it looks like i may have a developing situation at work today (had a tearful phonecall from an employee earlier and just got a phonecall from my store manager (who is the one who made her cry) so i may end up dealing with that). Work is definately not the happy place that it used to be, I can tell you that.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #128
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
anyone else wondering what this might mean....the inference i get is that something else may have happened last night that isnt in the write up.

I'd assume it's just flavor, indicating that there may have been a murder or other death in our neck of the woods, but it doesn't concern us.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #129
Blade6119
Coordinator

I have classes until 3 PM my time(west coast), so ill be back later to chat it up..have a good morning yall
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:11 PM   #130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

blah. hafta go in to work to cover for a sick kid. wonderful! won't be back till i dunno...9:45 EST? sorry
Old 11-28-2006, 12:15 PM   #131
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Okay Guys! I excited about this game! I was going through Werewolf withdrawals during Thanksgiving. GE and I just moved into a new house and for some reason Comcast didn't hook the internet up correctly. GE assured me it would be fixed tonight, but we only have one computer for the time being. I won't be on as much as usual for the first couple of days, but ill make sure to catch in during my off period during the day and as much as possible when school is over 4pm central.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #132
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoops, you hasn't checked in yet? I know i was one of the five, so there are four more...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #133
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

OK, checking in. Let's see if I can remember how to play this game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #134
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just to get a vote in there before my classes... It is random people

Vote dubb
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #135
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Just to get a vote in there before my classes... It is random people

Vote dubb

Ahhhhh.....I'm starting to remember what it feels like....
Old 11-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #136
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

Hoops, as far as the meta-game issue, if you are referring to what i think you are referring to, i think you should let it go...in this particular game, i dont think it is as definitive as it could be in others.

If you are looking at the same thing - check post content, timestamps, and what we know about the game mechanics, cycles, etc. And then tell me if you feel the same way.

LoneStarGirl - I believe everyone has checked in at this point. I'll convert my data into a little more organized spreadsheet later but a quick eyeball scan of the player list shows everyone has posted by now.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #137
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't have any information, but some folks are hinting that there is information out there. I would like to have something to base my vote on, so out with it folks.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #138
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry guys, but I'm just on here for just a bit today.

Random vote:

Vote Fouts
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #139
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I don't have any information, but some folks are hinting that there is information out there. I would like to have something to base my vote on, so out with it folks.

Looks like there were some various interactions due to night 0 actions. Not sure that anyone wants to come right out with them yet.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #140
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

If the vote looks like it is heading in a direction that I don't think makes sense I'll try to guide it in the later stages. But I also want to give people time to act and see if there is anything to take away from "random" Day 1 votes.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #141
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - I want to have a little more coordination on releasing information. Obviously if someone comes out with a cleared list, and supplies valid reasons for doing so, they not only put themselves at risk but also the people on that cleared list during night actions.

Yes, there was Night 0 information to be obtained for some people - well, at least me.

I'm pretty sure the quality of night information is going to be significantly impacted by the weather. Which is why I was wondering about the Night 0 forecast.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #142
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I'll go for one of the players I have a hard time getting a "feel" for.

vote ntndeacon

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #143
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yes, there was Night 0 information to be obtained for some people - well, at least me.

So apparently you weren't being an angel last night?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #144
hoopsguy
General Manager

For now, I'll leave my night activities up to the imagination of others. I'll just say that I'm on the side of the angels this game
Old 11-28-2006, 02:19 PM   #145
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So apparently you weren't being an angel last night?

Doesn't look like too many of us will be angels at night. Does it appear to anyone else that most everyone has some kind of possible action?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 PM   #146
Fouts
College Starter

I'll be here for the next couple hours before heading to class. I will say that I had a fun night last night and somebody made 5 schillings.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #147
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
For now, I'll leave my night activities up to the imagination of others. I'll just say that I'm on the side of the angels this game

I see only a few possible roles for you if you're truly good, and maybe only one role that doesn't put a target on you. These hints you're dropping are not quite how I would play.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 02:33 PM   #148
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, this is the kind of conversation that is always more interesting to have after the game is over and both sides have complete information.

It is entirely possible I'm making some bad assumptions about how the game will end up working and that I'll pay the price tonight for those assumptions. But I think there are a number of other scenarios that could unfold that are less dire in the short term.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:38 PM   #149
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I'm in and out. I plan on coming back around 530ish to check on the game again, but in the meantime I'll throw out my old standby vote. Obviously it is subject to change if anyone shares any information.

VOTE SALDANA
Old 11-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #150
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Doesn't look like too many of us will be angels at night. Does it appear to anyone else that most everyone has some kind of possible action?

I'm wondering if the bad folks might not get some of the same actions as the good folks.