Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2008, 09:20 AM   #201
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Right now, I'm looking to throw my vote at the two people with no data on them right now -- "The Heinz" and "The Cronin"
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #202
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
So you know this from experience...hmmm...interesting.

Yes, many times unfortunately. I'm easily swayed and run all kinds of conspiracy theories in my head when there's a hint that someone *might* be telling the truth.

Well, there's one vote out there so I might as well throw one as well

Vote jeheinz72

Random, Day 1, etc.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #203
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Right now, I'm looking to throw my vote at the two people with no data on them right now -- "The Heinz" and "The Cronin"

Bummer.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM   #204
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Bummer.

Look, if you're that upset about it, there is something you can do.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #205
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
heinz is off today, so well get nothign from him till tommroow mornign!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #206
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Look, if you're that upset about it, there is something you can do.

Yeah. Look, I just finished catching up on the thread. My scan last night was of greyroofoo. He came up student.

knives out
Old 02-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #207
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Vote jeheinz72
Old 02-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #208
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Look at the newbie's piling on the votes.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would like to hear from everyone before I decide but if jheinze won't be here at all today that would obviously make that diffucult.

I know Saldana usualy checks in around lunchtime so I will at least wait until then.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #210
st.cronin
General Manager

VOTE RENDER

He hasn't voted for me yet, so something must be wrong.

knives out
Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 AM   #211
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would like to hear from everyone before I decide but if jheinze won't be here at all today that would obviously make that diffucult.

I know Saldana usualy checks in around lunchtime so I will at least wait until then.

I'm in the same boat. the Heinz not being around really doesn't help him, but if a lot of people come out saying they scanned him, I'll vote elsewhere -- for me, it's all about who has the least data points, which includes scanning and being scanned.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #212
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I really hate pile on votes, but after looking at the info Chief has given us, Heinz is the only one who has not posted his N0 scan results AND also not been the target of a scan. I know it's not much, but do we have anything else to go on at this point?

Not ready to vote yet, but this is definitely something to think about...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:34 AM   #213
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Wow its 70 Degrees here..... I dont think ill be on mu8ch today :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #214
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I actually think being at 10% is as good as being at 90%, as long as we're aware of it. The guys you don't want are at 50% -- they're really telling you nothing.

True, We can just reverse false scans....
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #215
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well even in fear of getting killed by wolves, ill throw two names out there. Claph and Pumpy. I did some analysis of the N0scans that I don't want to share because it is inconclusive and if I am right I will be killed. Just to say, Claph came up as a wolf. Second, Pumpy, I dont know how you usually act in these things but you have tried to stay active while adding nothing at all. Im going to hold on my vote for a while but those are my two favorites...Also with the confirmed info we have Heinz was supposed to be out today, thus the no post is not really a case against him.

Last edited by nfg22 : 02-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #216
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So wolves received the scan verbiage on N0? They don't scan (nor need to), right?

All players including wolves received a N0 scan, whether needed or not.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Well even in fear of getting killed by wolves, ill throw two names out there. Claph and Pumpy. I did some analysis of the N0scans that I don't want to share because it is inconclusive and if I am right I will be killed. Just to say, Claph came up as a wolf. .

can you elaborate on this?

I'm not sure the best place to start is on someone who has been cleared by multiple people considering Path made it clear it is possible to have duplicate scans Night 0
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Path-2 questions

Is the tie-breaker public?
Can we vote No Lynch?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #219
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Might as well clear this up.

path, are our starting accuracies essentially locked into stone (outside of mechanics might change our accuracies from time to time, I mean)?

Correct. Each player has a seer accuracy rate. This is a fixed number.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #220
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I basically just tried to find some patterns to the scanning. Who scanned who and why. Claph didnt add up. I didnt find many patterns and the scanning could have been random. Basically I know both people I named were duplicate scans but really what else do we have to go on? Also I am not putting too much faith in the N) scans...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #221
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Path-2 questions

Is the tie-breaker public?
Can we vote No Lynch?

1) Maybe.
2) Yes.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #222
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

dola,I dont think all the wolves now eachother...which is why they recieved scans...
Old 02-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #223
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Well even in fear of getting killed by wolves, ill throw two names out there. Claph and Pumpy. I did some analysis of the N0scans that I don't want to share because it is inconclusive and if I am right I will be killed. Just to say, Claph came up as a wolf. Second, Pumpy, I dont know how you usually act in these things but you have tried to stay active while adding nothing at all. Im going to hold on my vote for a while but those are my two favorites...
I don't have anything to add. I've never played before, and I have pretty much no information to go on except for a bunch of numbers that confuse me.

Well, besides that, I guess I also have you saying that you have information that would get you killed. To me, you might as well hold up a sign that says "KILL ME!" I'll mull that over for a bit and possibly change my vote. Thanks, pal!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #224
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
heinz is off today, so well get nothign from him till tommroow mornign!

I just searched for heinz's posts in here and he has a handful, but none of them say he won't be here. I'm curious as to where you got this information.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
dola,I dont think all the wolves now eachother...which is why they recieved scans...
I think that this is most likely correct.

I've been glad to see others do the statisical analysis that I find that I do so often.

Pass talked about how 10% is nearly as good as 90%. I'm not sure I agree with that, but further even that is true how do we go about finding out those numbers? Doing that seems like it is one of the most important things we can do to win this game. Failing our ability to do that, I don't see anyway to play it except as a very traditional game of WW with a hell of a lot of extra, false, info out there.

For path: Can you clarify exactly how the scans work? Let's say you did your 5d20 and I rolled a 20. I then send in a scan. Presumably there is a dice roll at this point. Let's say I fail. Do I receive the "wrong" response automatically? Or is there a second roll (presumably 50/50) to determine what result I get?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #226
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I just searched for heinz's posts in here and he has a handful, but none of them say he won't be here. I'm curious as to where you got this information.

Actually, not even a handful. The only post I saw was "in".
Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 AM   #227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To reiterate a point above for those who don't like long posts: At this point I think looking at the numbers is semi-optional and you can play this as a traditional game of WW successfully.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #228
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I have an idea. Are allowed to pick who we scan?
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #229
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I don't have anything to add. I've never played before, and I have pretty much no information to go on except for a bunch of numbers that confuse me.

Well, besides that, I guess I also have you saying that you have information that would get you killed. To me, you might as well hold up a sign that says "KILL ME!" I'll mull that over for a bit and possibly change my vote. Thanks, pal!

KILL ME!!!!! Seriously, vote for me you wolf...if you vote for me it just shows you are a wolf and scared of my uber skills.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #230
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
KILL ME!!!!! Seriously, vote for me you wolf...if you vote for me it just shows you are a wolf and scared of my uber skills.
But I'm not a wolf.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:16 AM   #231
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Then don't vote for me.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #232
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't know if I should take this post seriously or what, but you seem to be pretty adamant that Pumpy's a wolf.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #233
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im not really adamant about anything. Im more just interacting with the little truth I know. Thus when people interact back I get a feel for them.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #234
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well even in fear of getting killed by wolves, ill throw two names out there. Claph and Pumpy. I did some analysis of the N0scans that I don't want to share because it is inconclusive and if I am right I will be killed. Just to say, Claph came up as a wolf. Second, Pumpy, I dont know how you usually act in these things but you have tried to stay active while adding nothing at all. Im going to hold on my vote for a while but those are my two favorites...Also with the confirmed info we have Heinz was supposed to be out today, thus the no post is not really a case against him.

U scanned me as a wolf? well then either you are a wolf (and a real bad one) or you scanned wrong.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #235
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I didnt say I scanned you. I said I did some analysis on the scans that were reported.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #236
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
were freinds.... Were in 2 OOTP leagues and 2 BBCF leagues and play WW on 2 boards together. HE never said he wouldnt be around... but he is NVER on on the weekend (family time)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #237
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think that this is most likely correct.

I've been glad to see others do the statisical analysis that I find that I do so often.

Pass talked about how 10% is nearly as good as 90%. I'm not sure I agree with that, but further even that is true how do we go about finding out those numbers? Doing that seems like it is one of the most important things we can do to win this game. Failing our ability to do that, I don't see anyway to play it except as a very traditional game of WW with a hell of a lot of extra, false, info out there.

For path: Can you clarify exactly how the scans work? Let's say you did your 5d20 and I rolled a 20. I then send in a scan. Presumably there is a dice roll at this point. Let's say I fail. Do I receive the "wrong" response automatically? Or is there a second roll (presumably 50/50) to determine what result I get?

I think path answered this for me on the first page, to say that if you fail, you get the wrong answer automatically.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #238
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I didnt say I scanned you. I said I did some analysis on the scans that were reported.

what annalysys could you possibly do?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:22 AM   #239
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm neither. I Just don't like people who try and make themselves immune from voting in that way. I don't like runaway votes. Let's give ourselves a second target.

Vote nfg22
Old 02-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #240
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So I'm thinking tonight that we should focus our scans on 3-4 people tonight, maybe dividing the people in the scanning groups up alphabetically or something to help avoid wolf mischief.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #241
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I think path answered this for me on the first page, to say that if you fail, you get the wrong answer automatically.
I agree, that's what he said back on page 1. This only means it's THAT much more important to then find out what percentages people are rolling with. In fact for our night scans to have ANY validity at all we've got to find out that info.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #242
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yes!I am a target!Thats cool. My analysis was not very good or conclusive but I dont want to say how I got it. Basically on this first day, especially with all villager scans so far we cannot really say anyone is a wolf. So I threw out some weak assumptions. Dont put too much stock in what I say. I just love numbers and patterns so I am pretty active right now.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #243
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Grey that is pretty much perfect. If we concentrate our votes on 2-4, we should get varied answers and pretty quickly figure out who has what percentage.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #244
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
So I'm thinking tonight that we should focus our scans on 3-4 people tonight, maybe dividing the people in the scanning groups up alphabetically or something to help avoid wolf mischief.
I agree with the idea of agreeing to scan only 3-4 people. It's only through differences of results that we'll be able to start to figure out how accurate people are. If someone dies and no one has scanned them we are no further along towards finding out who is accurate and who is not with their scans.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #245
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree, that's what he said back on page 1. This only means it's THAT much more important to then find out what percentages people are rolling with. In fact for our night scans to have ANY validity at all we've got to find out that info.

Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to find that out?

knives out
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #246
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes!I am a target!Thats cool. My analysis was not very good or conclusive but I dont want to say how I got it. Basically on this first day, especially with all villager scans so far we cannot really say anyone is a wolf. So I threw out some weak assumptions. Dont put too much stock in what I say. I just love numbers and patterns so I am pretty active right now.
We barely have ANYTHING to analyze yet you already claim the ability to divine information from the little that we've done? C'mon, that's not playing the game, that's just stirring the pot.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #247
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Maybe I missed something, but is there a way to find that out?
path seems to hint that there is such a way. I'm guessing it's someone's power. Beyond that, it involves comparing your record of scans with who we lynch/dies so you can start to guess at how accurate you are.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #248
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I say we kill the person who has the most scans on them. Then we have the most data to cross reference against. Basically if we kill someone with 3 scans, and they were a villager, and all 3 scans said villager, then we know 3people were right. Thus giving us data on 3 people instead of less.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #249
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Barkeep, you are a good basketball coach but you are wrong on this. I didnt claim to know anything, I just said I came across a pattern that may suggest Claph and I didnt like how pumpy was posting. And yes, I already admitted to stirring the pot.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #250
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I say we kill the person who has the most scans on them. Then we have the most data to cross reference against. Basically if we kill someone with 3 scans, and they were a villager, and all 3 scans said villager, then we know 3people were right. Thus giving us data on 3 people instead of less.

except we dont know anythign othewr than they rolled lucky..... (not that its a abd idea)

[X]- Decided to brew beer, outside with my laptop, so Im still on

GIT R DUN!!!