Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #401
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE YES NATIONAL WOLF DISCOVERY BILL

while i cannont condone the watered down version of the bill subited before you It is a step in the right direction, and we can proced with making it better, and more securty consious later. also I think it is important to see who woudl gain from not passing this bill, only wolves, and take a look at allt he no votes tommrmoe!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:28 PM   #402
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE NO NATIONAL WOLF DISCOVERY BILL

I must back the wishes of my district.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:31 PM   #403
RendeR
Coordinator

OK, I may well lose my internet connection shortly so if that happens I'll be out till I can get within range of another wireless.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #404
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Whew. Caught up.

I hope CR doesn't mind but I assigned myself a color. Thanks to those of you that have been including me on PM's today...I am back from vacation and will be around during the days from this point forward. When CR can't be on at night I will be available to field questions and help out as needed. Please make sure you cc me on any PM's or emails to CR from this point forward.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #405
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Picked up dinner and about to watch Vantage Point on bluray. All my votes are in, will check back in after the movie
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:57 PM   #406
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Picked up dinner and about to watch Vantage Point on bluray. All my votes are in, will check back in after the movie

Just saw that last week. Not bad.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #407
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The nation should thank my fellow democrats who demanded that the bill not violate the constitution. We are truly the party that is looking out for the average citizen. In this new state I am still a little uncomfortable with the survival rate but will hopefully not upset my constituants too much by:

vote yes on Discovery Bill
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #408
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thank you to the members of the Republican party who were wise enough to listen to our good judgement and knowledge of the constitution to allow for new bill to be written. It is good to know that some of those on the other side of the aisle understand logic and reason. Now if they can just teach that to their leadership.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #409
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey all - msg from RendeR via IM

RendeR18 (8:16:39 PM): Hey bud, my internet is all bt gone tonight due to rewiring here at wirk, pop into the main political WW game thread and let folks know I'll be out till after 10-ish please?
DaddyTorgo (8:16:57 PM): yeah
DaddyTorgo (8:16:58 PM): absolutely
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #410
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RendeR18 (8:17:37 PM): for some reason this works but I can't get a browser conection for shit
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #411
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right everyone. I am home and catching up. Deadline in 40 minutes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:25 PM   #412
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and if anyone absolutely needs anything addressed right now before deadline, please post it here (or re-post it). I probably won't be able to review the entire thread (or the party threads) until after the deadline, since I am preparing for the deadline itself. If it is a party sensitive issue, please post here that your attention is needed in Post #XXX in the (Your Party) thread, and I will go take a look. Thanks!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #413
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I just got home and am madly trying to get caught up! Anyone have a quick synopsis and vote count? I would like to read it all, but won't have time before deadline - still going to read it though for reference!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #414
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Not much was discussed in here, Mrs. Schmidty. Both parties have submitted a bill, the dems went over a little more well than the repubs, mainly because the repubs got re-submitted after many felt it would be shot down by the Courts. We have also been voting on a Speaker and if I am not mistaken, Chubby is in the lead on that (St. Cronin is the other candidate)
Old 07-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #415
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Chiefe RUM

Just to confirm, only the party leaders can propose bills? but anyone can introduce a candidate?

Only the leaders and the Speaker may propose a Bill. It's also the Leaders' designees, so their Whip can propose a bill in their stead.

Today I allowed Pass to propose the amendment because we don't have a Speaker and neither the Leader nor the Whip for his party were certain to be around. I am considering changing this rule for simplicity's sake, so long as people don't abuse it. Stay tuned, more on that after deadline.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-22-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #416
henry296
College Starter

I think both votes have enough votes to pass already. Do we have a count on the revised republican bill.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM   #417
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR

Alos do we include in the bill who will get the rolls? or is it decided byt he leader? or is it random?

KTHXBAI

I believe I addressed this in an email, so please let me know if my response was not addressed publically.

Old 07-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #418
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Thanks Packer!
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #419
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I think both votes have enough votes to pass already. Do we have a count on the revised republican bill.

I'm not entirely sure the GOP bill as revised has the ten votes it needs to pass quite yet. It has to be close to doing so, however. Assuming that you don't care about the Fourth Amendment -- and if you are a Republican, you surely don't -- you should probably get a vote in pronto.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #420
chesapeake
College Starter

I should note that the GOP bill has a majority of votes cast, but not necessarily a majority of the entire chamber.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #421
henry296
College Starter

I've got 11 votes for the Discovery Bill including Chubby, Packer and myself crossing over to support the bill.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #422
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I've got 11 votes for the Discovery Bill including Chubby, Packer and myself crossing over to support the bill.

I can't even get recognition in my own party?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #423
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline

Old 07-22-2008, 08:03 PM   #424
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just about finished tallying votes, and checking vote validity.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #425
Tyrith
College Starter

Back, caught up, happy with how things went although sad that I won't get a vote pickup for the seer bill.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #426
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Does it appear that the following is a correct tally?

Speaker Vote

st.cronin (8)-- Mrs. Schmidty-R (170), st.cronin-R (235), PurdueBrad-R (237), Tyrith-R (249), illinifan999-R (250), claphamsa-R (260), Render-R (308), Passacaglia-R (377)
Chubby (10)-- Chubby-D (199), chesapeake-D (226), EagleFan-D (231), Lathum-D (234), mccollins-D (242), PackerFanatic-D (243), KWhit-D (244), path12-D (324), henry296-D (347), jeheinz72-R (352)

National Security Bill (Type #1)--DEMOCRAT SPONSORED

Pass (14)-- KWhit-D (239), mccollins-D (242), PackerFanatic-D (245), Chubby-D (246), EagleFan-D (247), illinifan999-R (250), chesapeake-D (252), Lathum-D (255), claphamsa-R (260), PurdueBrad-R (261), jeheinz72-R (262), Render-R (308), path12-D (324), henry296-D (347)
Fail (2)-- Tyrith-R (269), Passacaglia-R (331)

National Wolf Discovery Bill--REPUBLICAN SPONSORED (VOIDED BY AMENDMENT)

Pass (9)-- Tyrith-R (269), illinifan999-R (270), Passacaglia-R (272), jeheinz72-R (275), Chubby-D (277), claphamsa-R (287), PurdueBrad-R (295), Render-R (308), henry296-D (347)
Fail (4)-- KWhit-D (276), mccollins-D (279), chesapeake-D (310), Lathum-D (328)

National Wolf Discovery Bill (amended, 1st)-- REPUBLICAN SPONSORED

Pass (11)-- Passacaglia-R (377), henry296-D (381), Render-R (382), PackerFanatic-D (383), Chubby-D (385), illinifan999-R (388), jeheinz72-R (390), path12-D (397), PurdueBrad-R (400), claphamsa-R (401), Eaglefan-D (407)
Fail (4)-- KWhit-D (392), chesapeake-D (396), mccollins-D (398), Lathum-D (402)

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #427
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, if anyone can tell me what the HTML tag for a strikethrough line is, so I can show the unamended bill and strike it out, I would appreciate it. I couldn't find it.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM   #428
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

At a quick glance, looks pretty good to me. Glad that we had almost everyone vote for everything.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #429
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Assuming the counts above are accurate, all three standing votes meet quorum, and their results will stand.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 PM   #430
Tyrith
College Starter

The numbers match mine, CR, as do the the no votes on the passed bills. I do not have stats for the voided bill, though.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #431
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Writing everything up. Gimme five minutes. If someone could PM me the Republican Presidential candidate, I would appreciate it. I haven't gotten the chance to entirely read the thread (if you announced it there).

Old 07-22-2008, 08:28 PM   #432
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
The numbers match mine, CR, as do the the no votes on the passed bills. I do not have stats for the voided bill, though.

Awesome. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #433
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:

Don't waste your time, the movie was terrible, imo
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:32 PM   #434
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjunkie62 View Post
Don't waste your time, the movie was terrible, imo

I didn't think it was bad. We had the one bad guy pegged 5 mins in tho.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #435
laxjunkie62
n00b

Quote:

I just got sick of watching the same scene for most of the movie, i understand that was the premis, but it also seemed to just abruptly end. I thought there was a lot more that they could have done with it.
laxjunkie62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #436
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The first term of Congress since the new guard moved in was an adventurous one, as new Congressmen and Congresswomen got a handle on the jobs expecte dof them by their faithful constituents.

The role of the Speaker of the House, normally a role of no small import, became even more important, when former President Chief Rum and Vice President oliegirl both resigned to join the German National Olympic team for basketball, saying, "Hell, if Chris Kaman can do it..."

That left a vacancy in the country's top post and the next Speaker would have to be the one to fill the void until next year's Presidential election.

There was an early push for Rep. Chubby (D) of the 11th District before partisan voting brought Rep. st.cronin (R) of the 5th District close. Alas, it was too late, as the Republicans watched one of their own, Rep. jeheinz72 of the 9th District (regarded by some as almost a Dem himself) put the deciding vote in for Chubby.

Chubby is the Speaker of the House for the current term.

Chubby will have an immediate job to do. As the acting President for the next year, his sole responsiblity will be to sign the bills that appear on his desk, and Congress did not wait long to give him some work.

Two bills, the Wolf National Security Act and the National Wolf Discovery Act, were passed. The security act will establish a role to protect important government employees from Wolf influence, while the discovery act will form an investigative arm whose sole purpose is to root out members of the Wolf Party.

Unfortunately, the Security Act has a rider clause in it, known as the cunning clause. It allows a member of the Wolf Party to claim confidentiality rights from all investigative arms established by the government.

Chubby will need to decide whether to sign the bills into law by the end of the night cycle.

In other news, the parties are preparing to announce their Presidential candidates for Year Two...

Old 07-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #437
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Presidential candidates to be announced shortly (officially, if they haven't been already).

I am also going to send out PMs to everyone shortly regarding their political style and perception.

Other than Chubby's decisions, there are no matters to currently consider until the day cycle tomorrow. The wolves do NOT get a kill tonight.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #438
Tyrith
College Starter

Sigh, we probably should eat the cunning rider and take the BG bill. Pretty much unavoidable.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #439
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Sigh, we probably should eat the cunning rider and take the BG bill. Pretty much unavoidable.

the BG bill is the one with the rider..

Democrats feck everythign up!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #440
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I can't even get recognition in my own party?

Sorry about that

Still learning who is on what side, plus I was focused I know that the three of us were going to vote for it.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #441
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
the BG bill is the one with the rider..

Democrats feck everythign up!

Funny, even though ANYONE could put that rider on (including a republican)
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #442
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Funny, even though ANYONE could put that rider on (including a republican)

its youer bill! therefoe it is YOUR fault!

dman hippy!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #443
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the Year Two Presidential Candidate Race!

The country is ripe for the taking, according to both parties, and they have both aimed to take control with next year's general election of the next President of the United States.

The Dems announced their candidate first, selecting Congressman PackerFanatic of the 12th District to run for them. PackerFanatic is a well-regarded centrist-leaning Democrat who should appeal to some Republicans close to the other side of the aisle as well.

The Repubs were quick to respond, naming Congressman illinifan999 of the 7th District as their candidate. illinifan999 is one of the more popular Republican politicians who leans toward the center, similarly to PackerFanatic.

The battle for the middle ground should be fierce, as both candidates fight over voters they both may claim as their own, while trying to appease the more fringe elements of their own parties who may despair at the choice of a candidate whose views do not match their own so well.

In early media polling, illinifan999 holds a slight edge over PackerFanatic, but pollsters also said there were a large percentage of undecided voters, and that most said they had yet to really take in and consider the actions of the new Congress in the first term, or of the presidential candidates themselves.

THE NIGHT CYCLE FOR DAY ONE HAS BEGUN. DEADLINE IS 4 A.M. PDT (7 A.M. EST)

Individual PMs still to come.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:59 PM   #444
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
BTW, if anyone can tell me what the HTML tag for a strikethrough line is, so I can show the unamended bill and strike it out, I would appreciate it. I couldn't find it.
It is < s > < / s > without the spaces.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #445
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Unfortunately, the Security Act has a rider clause in it, known as the cunning clause. It allows a member of the Wolf Party to claim confidentiality rights from all investigative arms established by the government.

Am I correct to assume this means ANY investigations into them (from any other role that might be established as well, including the seer established from the other role)?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #446
Tyrith
College Starter

"any information role" per the rules.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #447
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Okay, I get it - I guess I was just a little thrown to start that it was a rider on the Security Bill, while it affects the Discovery Bill. I got it now
Old 07-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #448
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

DITTO!!! Decent enough movie though.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #449
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

How could any god fearing AMERICAN suport that hippy PF?

I mean look what a hash he made of the first bit of legislation for his party! a WOLF rider!!

I also feel that his signautre is insulting and disrespectful of a respected member of conress! DISPICABLE!

Furthermore I have it on good word that he does not display a mauled wolf belt next to his american flag!!! does he support werewolves? this failure to show proper anti wolf feelings is very disturbing ot me!

Someone call the NRA!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 PM   #450
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
its youer bill! therefoe it is YOUR fault!

dman hippy!

I can't wait to hear what your constituents have to say about you voting for our super liberal bill
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote