Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2015, 02:34 PM   #451
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 39 players under contract and no 1st round pick.

We made 366 mill last year.

Our value dropped though to 1.928 bill, tied for 3rd in league with Baltimore

8th best stadium
THE best roster
11th best support, 16th best economy

99.8% attendance

I retain my OC and DC

We draft first. I make no staff changes though.

RFA:

RB Steve Conley
TE Marco Blackburn
QB Caden Kubrak
WR Stanley Poole
DE Quinn Mosier
DT Roman Duncan
SLB Nicholas Kates
FS Silas Rice

UFA:

TE Winston Blades
TE Cooper Donovan
OT Harrison Bridges
CB Monty Glenn

That’s it. Noone franchise-able, that’s for sure!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #452
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Time to make some major plays:

These players are expiring:

QB Matt Lyons
C Myron Leggin
SE Maxwell Poffenroth
FS Roger Popson
RG David Blades
WLB Jared Gati
RB Micah Falvey
RG Trent Clark
MLB Eduardo Sweat
P Shawn Oakes
MLB Devan Comer
TE Tony Gasho
RG Hugh Stone
LT Sergio Keith
DT Zachery Stevenson
SLB Van Ellwood
FS Corwin Lynch
SE Kim Riley

That’s a lot of folks. That includes key depth at places like WR, FS, and OG, starters at all three LB spots, and my strong rookie class from a few years ago with Gasho, Keith, Stevenson and Ellwood now coming up and wanting to get paid.

I extend the cheapest first. DT Stevenson

5 years, 24 mill. Done.

Now, TE, SLB and OT all want some cash to be splashed.

I extend RG Blades by four years, and cut his cap number this year almost in half from 18 to 10.

That gives me 44 mill under the cap, 32.5 of it for non0-draftees. I have a lot of draft picks this year –

I kept trading into the draft since I missed a 1s rounder. I have so many mid round picks that I can’t bring all 11 players on board, so I’m okay making some mid round moves, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round if needed.

Who’s next?

I drop MLB Sweat’s cap hit by 3 mill to sign him to a 5 year 40 mill contract.

Cash splashing time

OT Sergio Keith – flatish cap at 18 mill this year, and then drops to 15, 15, and then 23.

TE Tony Gasho – 4 years, 53 mill, cap hit rises from 2 mill to 12 mill this year.

WR Poffenroth – 4 year deal, lots of cash. Frees up some cap stuff

SLB Ellwood – 4 year deal

WLB Jared Gati by 2 more years.

I extend Kim Riley by a year

We have 7 mill in cap space for non-rookies post-extensions.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #453
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The only ones left I have any concern about are defensive front leader MLB Comer, FS Popson, but he’s too pricey these days, P Oakes, and of course, C Leggin.

Our needs:

Starter CB

QB
RB
TEX2
WR (Poole wants too much)
OT
DE
DTx2
LB
CBx2

Let’s head to FA

I don’t have an obvious CB option. I make an offer to FA CB Monty Glenn

Stage 5 – Glenn comes and joins us

I have 3 mill left in cap space

I sign RFA FS Silas Rice. I cut FS Corwin Lynch

That actually makes me some money and improved my roster

I also bring back SLB Nicholas Kates

I’m ready for a-draft!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:15 PM   #454
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m just going to skip the normal song and dance in my drafts, I’m hungry and I want to get some food. I only once have to think – at 2.29 I like OG Silas Fleck, WE Zack Robbins and FB Hayden Wilks.

Robbins – 4.43 dash (blue), 30 IQ Test (ble), 10 strength, 7.12 agility, 52 pos spec (blue). Strong bars. 10% development, 69 volatility

Wilks – Overrated, 40 volatility, 42% developed, red strength, blue in dash, agility, pos spec. Would consider moving to TE to help out there.

OG Fleck – Overrated, 93 volatility, no combine stuff, low intelligence, 13% developed

So I interviewed two players here, both are overrated, but this is 2.29, not exactly underrated territory. I don’t need, technically, and FB or OG. I could use the WR. I take Robbins.

From there I either BAP occasionally or grab top talent with nice bars.

2.29 – WR Zack Robbins, Duquesne
3.31 – C Stan Borders , Miami, Fl
4.2 – DE Shane Sanderson, Jacksonville State
4.24 – CB Jeremiah Hopper, Louisiana State
4.27 – OT Alex Pieper, Louisville
4.31 – QB Jonathan Quinn, St John’s Minnesota
5.5 – DT Gene Sheldon, Arizona State
5.31 – TE Mitchell Tidwell, Arkansas
6.31 – SE Emmitt Cavallo, Texas El-Paso
7.31 – RB Glenn Harden, Georgia Tech

There we are!

I think LT Pieper may be a grower, he has great combine scores. But he’s a 19/24 guy right now.

Post draft we still need: TE, DT, LB, CB

We have an….A+ draft grade. Odd

No one is on the green page

Not one rookie comes in with a 50 or higher future estimate

This was more of a hole-filling draft that merely gets me to the next year or two as I keep picking up extensions for draftees.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #455
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 51 players under contract

I make offers to these UFA:

SS Brody MacClelland
TE Quinn Dixon
SLB Deon Luangphone
DT Charles Prescott
TE Howie McNeely
WR Miguel Halpern
QB Daquan Ferrell

These 7 UFAs will provide camp competition, insurance, and depth to for our pre-season.

Week 1 - We bring in 4 targets

Week 2 – 2 more join.

Week 3 – All 7 have signed with us

We have 58 players under contract.

I make an offer to 33/51 RB Nicholas Cayea

Week 4 – He signs and I cut RB Micah Falvey, who is worse, and has a conflict with the new leader on the backfield

Old 05-22-2015, 11:45 PM   #456
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If everybody went camping, across the USA, and everybody’d go camping, to Californiayay.

We sell 58800 season tix

I am going to need a better draft next year, I can’t keep doing these low quality ones for long. Last year, other than DE Aikman, the best player was 42 potential. This year, I brought in lots of 40s potential but not one 50. Now, again, I was devoid of a 1st, and that’s always going to be an issue. But still.

I make a few changes pre-pre-season

I cut:

QB Daquan Farrell
TE Howie McNeely
WR Miguel Halpern

I sign UFA Dashawn Delery, a 20/41 body

We go 4-0 and I cut:

WR AJ Blades
FB Dwight Looker
FS Roger Popson
C Ruben Barrett

I sign MLB Chandler Hallock for the bench

Old 05-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #457
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Major rookie movement?

LT Alex Pieper has grown, he’s 21/50

No other major movement – CB Greene is still 62/62, and C Leggin 58/58 and Bernardini 72/72 and such.

Wait, nm, RB Percy Romine dropped ot 49/49. And WLB Gati t o33/33.

Wait, and RB Derrick Borden grew to 57/57.

Dang, I’ll switch switch over to Borden then.

Borden moves to starter and I’ll slide Romine to FB.

Changes in starters:

RB Borden is moved from FB and RB Romine to it

None others on the offense

On D no changes

So this is the first time in this whole dynasty where I have the exact same starting 22 (and P and K and returner and gunners as well) as before. Which is an odd thing, admittedly

We are still 2nd youngest team

Roster Strength:

THE best QB
8th best RB
6th best TE
THE best WR
7th best C
4th best OG
6th best OT

13th best P
3rd best K

2nd best DE
4th best DT
12th best ILB
3rd best OLB
5th best CB
THE best S

Old 05-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #458
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – In overtime we drive and defeat the Titans 32-29. Borden was 13 for 81 and Hoffman a weaker 36 of 57 for 484 and 4:3. WR McHugh caugt 8 for 86 and 2 scores. Poffenroth was 7 for 92 yards. Rookie WR Zack Robbins proved himself worthy with 7 grabs, 153 yards and a score, and RB/FB Romine caught the other score. Sack by Rogers, 4 KRB by OG Rasnic.

We have some injuries post-game

RB Borden, DE Aikman, and a few others are all probable

Backup DT Shelton strained his hammy and is now questionable

Week 2 – Last year the Eagles were the #3 seed in the NFC and made it to the Championship game. Now we head to Philadelphia to take them on. We lose 39-42. Hoffman is still Game MVP with 27 of 41 for 402 and 2:0. McHugh grabbed 169 yards. And RB Borden both catching scores. Backup RB Nicholas Cayea picks up a fumble on special teams and rush it in for a score. Meanwhile K Harris Parrish was 6/6 from the field. Sacks by SS MCKNight and backup OLB Nicholas Kates. Pick by SLB Ellwood.

Other than a broken finger on Hoffman, no major news

Week 3 – Everybody is calling the New England game today a push, but we win 49-19 and Hoffman is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 27 of 39 for 355 and 4:1 – hitting McHugh for 115 and 2 scores, Poffenroth for 84 yards and a score, and TE Gacho te last TD. RB Romaine and Borden each score a TD as well. Pick and return 52 yards for a score by SS MCKnight. FF by McKnight as well. 3 KRB by Keith, no sacks on the day.

Week 4 - We host and throat stomp the Raiders 34-6. NFL Defensive Player of the Week is DE Jordan Rogers with 3 sacks, 1 hurries and 2 knockdowns, and a forced fumble as well. DE Aikman also has 3 sacks. C Leggin rocks 3 KRB. Picks by SS McKinght and backup CB Jeremiah Hopper. The McKnight one is returned 28 yards for a score. Hoffman was 27 of 38 for 300 and 3:1. Poffenroth 95 yards, 1 score; TE Gahso and WR Emmitt Cavallo the other scores.

DT Cooper Zimmerman is questionable with a strained quad muscle

We finish the first quarter 3-1

Old 05-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #459
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – BYE – and at a good time too I have 7 injuries

Week 6 – We host the Colts. We win, but it’s closer than expected 38-33. Picks by CB Greene, SS McKnight, and FS Bernardini. 1.5 sacks by MLB Sweat, 1 by Rogers. 4 KRB by Rasnic, 3 by Leggin. WR Maxwell Poffenroth, recovers a RB Borden fumble and rushes it in for score. Hoffman is just 26 of 34 for 318 and 1:1, and hit McHugh for that score. Rushing TD by RB Romine and backup RB Cayea,

Post game, Bernardini is questionable with a sprained knee for a bit

Week 7 – next up, the 1-5 Titans. We win 41-10. Borden had the firs 100 yard rushing day with 19 for 120 and Hoffman had 21 of 31, 276 and 4:1 for 2 scores the RB Borden, 1 each to WE Cavallo and Robins – no favorites with the new guys. No picks, one FF by DT Zimmerman which McKngith grabbed, 1 sack by Zimmerman, OLB Ellwood, DT Stevenson, and 1.5 by Rogers. 6 KRB by Rasnic and 3 by Blades.

Zimmerman’s injury is done. DT Sheldon’s hammy is too.

Week 8 – Nex tis the 1 win Chiefs. We win 41-27, and Hoffman is 30 of 42 for 277 and 5) full house of TD to McHugh and Poffenroth. Pick by Greene, 26 carries for 148 yards by RB Borden, FF by DE Aikman that CB Hopper recovered, Sacks by McKnight and Rogers, 4 KRB by C Leggin, 3 by Rasnic

McKnight given a probable injury of tendinitis in his shoulder.

Week 9 – next we host the 5-2 Broncos. We shut them out 33-0. Hoffman rocks 24 for 39 and 333 yards and 3:0 with TDs to WR Poffenroth, Zack Robbins and RB Romine, and Parrish is 4/4 on the day. Sacks by backup DE Osborne and DE Shane Sanderson. 4 KRB by C Leggin.

Bernardini is healed fully.

We finish the 1st half 7-1

Old 05-23-2015, 03:03 PM   #460
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We head to 4-4 San Diego and shatter them 48-21. QB Damien Hoffman is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 28 of 42 for 348 and 5:0. Poffenroth 116 yards, 1 score; McHugh 127 yards, 1 score, WR Cavallo, 2 scores, WR Robbins, 1 TD. RB Borden rushes o1. No picks. FF by Bernardini and recovered by MLB Sweat. 2 sacks by DT Zimmerman, 1 by DE Rogers and DE Aikman. 3 KRB by BRasnic and Blades.

RB Romine is out for a month with a shoulder injury. Cayea moves into his s[pots on the depth chart and I activate rookie 7th rounder Harden.

Week 11 – We head to 7-2 Houston and take them down 27-14. NFL Defensive Player of the Week is DE Roger who has 3 sacks, 2 hurries, 3 knockdowns, on the day. 1 sack by DT Zimmerman and WLB Gati as well. No picks, bit FF by Zimmerman that he recoved, andby ZT Stevenson, recovered by backup DT Gene Sheldon, for a score. 4 KRB by Blades 1 rushign score by Borden, and 26 of 39 for 291 and 1:0 for Hoffman

Week 12 – The 6-4 Cowboys arrived hoping to leave with a win. They are going to be disappointed when we send them back having been just embarrassed 52-6. The Hoff is the NFL OPotW with 23 of 33 for 353 and 4:0. Catching scores were Poffenroth, WR Rpobbins, McHugh and Backup TE Mitchell Tidwell. SS McKnight with a pick returned 59 yards for a score. FF by CB Greene and CB Glenn. Rushing scores by RB Borden and Harden. Sack by CB Greene. 3 KRB by Keith and Rasnic.

DE Roger strained his hammy and is questionable for a while.

Week 13 – We head to 8-3 Baltimore, and come back winners 51-33. QB hoffamn is again NFL OPotW with 33 of 45 for 416 and 5:0. Pofneroth had 195 yards, 2 scores, and McHugh a score, and WR Robbines and Cavallo the others. RB Borden was 18 carries, 111 yards, 1 score. Sacks by DE Aikman, Osborne. Picks by Bernardini, McKnight and Greene. 4 KRB by Keith, 3 each by Blades and OT Hector Johnson.

We finish 11-1

Old 05-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #461
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 - We head to 7-5 Washington and…..win 34-28. For th e3rd straight week, Hoffman is named NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 32 of 38, 371, and 3:0, hitting Poffenroth for 190 yards and3 score.s RB Borden added a rushing TD. Picks by McKnight, CB Glenn, and ILB Sweat. FF by SLB Ellwood and Zimmerman, and CB Glenn recovered one. No sacs. 3 KRB by OG Blades.

No major injuries either.

With 3 games left, we had won the AFC! The Ravens are the only 9 win team, and no one else is better, so we win the tie-breaker I they go 3-0 and we lose 0-3

Week 15 – The 9-4 Texans arrive and….we send them back crying 44-9. Hoffman has 19 for 34 and 231 with 4:0. He hits Poffenroth for 2 score,s one each to RB Borden and WR McHugh. SS McKnight has a pcik and rush back 25 yards for a score, and CB Greene and backup CB Dashawn Delerey with picks too. 2 sacks each by DE Aikman and DE Osborne, and 1.5 by DT Zimmerman, 3 KRB by OT Johnson.

Week 16 – We host the 11-3 Jets. We win 38-7. Hoffman is 21 of 26 for 296 and 3:0 – Poffenroth has 116 yards, McHugh 2 scores, and 1 score to RB Borden, and RB Cayea is rushing for a 4th TD on the day. CB Greene has a pick return 64 yards for a score. Picks by Bernardini and CB Delery as well. 1 sack by McKnight, 1.5 by DE Shane Sanderson, and 1 by DT Stevenon and backup MLB Issac Mahoney. 3 KRB by OG Blades and OT Johnson

DE Rogers hammy is done. RB Percy Romine is back from injury.

CB Monty Glenn has a concussion and is out for 3 weeks. I activate FS Silas Rice. CB Delery will start until Glenn’s return

Our final game is at Indy. If Hoffman has a great game, with 524 yards or more, he will pass QB Steven Meador’s 5530 passing yard record in a season set in 2026. The most passing TDs in a season was 55 by Bortles in 2021, (and Peyton Manning in 2013). Right now Hoffman has 51. He needs 4 to tie and 5 to break. I move my offensive plan to really push passing.

Week 17 –We finish 15-1 after winning 34-9 in Indy. Hoffman is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 25 of 34 for 323 yards, 4:0 ratio. McHugh was 8 for 126 and 2 scores, Wr Poffenroth was 8 for 79 and 1 and RB Borden caught a score too. Meanwhile, DE Jordan Rogers was NFL Defensive Player of the Weke with 2 sacks, 3 hurries, 2 QBKD, 1 FF and 1 fumrec. MLB Sweat got a pick. Sack by McKnight, DE Aikman, WLB Gati.

DE Aikman is questionable for a few weeks with a knee thing

We got a bye baby!

Old 05-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #462
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2034 NFL Playoffs

AFC –

15-1 Jacksonville Jaguars
11-5 Denver Broncos
10-6 Cincinnati Bengals
9-7 New England Patriots
9-7 Pittsburgh Steelers
9-7 Houston Texans

9-7 Ravens and Titans didn’t make it in.

In the NFC The Lions went 12-4 and won the NFC North, in case you care.

Houston loses to New England 16-19
Pittsburgh can’t win in Cincinnati 15-45. Ouch.
Atlanta in New York 33-16
Dallas loses in Seattle, 34-13

Week 2 –

We host the patriots.

We have 6 games on them. We are favored by 8 points

And we even manage to cover the spread, 34-21

Hoffman – 21 of 31, 270, 4:0
RB Percy Romaine, 2 TD grabs, RB Borden 1, TE Gasho 1

S Bernardini pick
DE Rogers FF – DT Zimmerman recovers

1 sack by MLB Sweat, DE Rogers, DE Osborne

4 KRB by OT Johnson

The Broncos host and upend the Bengals 27-20

The Lions win 24-12 over Seahawks and Atlanta in Tampa 33-7

Old 05-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #463
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Championship of the Conferences

We host the Broncos

The Lions host the Falcons

Earlier this year we shut down any chance of the Broncos winning 33-0.

I bring back CB Monty Glenn from injury

This our year, you can feel it.

Everyone’s hoping for a Lions-Jaguars rematch from last year.

They will be disappointed.

Detroit loses to the Falcons 26-21

And we win though – 40-24

Hoffman – 30 of 44, 275, 3:1, Poffenroth is 94 yards, 2 scores, and McHugh a score. RB Borden has 19 for 116 yards on the ground. 2 picks by MLB Sweat, 1 by Greene and one returned for a 73 yard score by WLB Gati. 4 KRB by Leggin, 3 by Blades. No sacks on the day.

Old 05-23-2015, 04:50 PM   #464
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 3034 NFL Super Bowl

Featurinnnnngggg….

Your AFC Champion #1 seed 15-1 Jacksonville Jaguars

Vs

Your NFC Champion #5 seed 10-6 Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons were scrappy enough to get here, winning on the road three times as a wild card team. But we all know, that the Jaggernaut is about to roll, don’t we?

Don’t we?

We do, right?

Yeah….we do…

45-23

QB Hoffman is Super bowl MVP with 25 of 37, 332, 4:1, hits RB Borden for 1 score and 110 yards receiving, and WR Poffenroth, Cavallo and Robbins with scores. RB Borden adds a rushing TD as well.

4 pcks by us:

CB Cary Greene
CB Monty Glenn
SS Malachi McKnight
SLB Van Ellwood – retruned 49 yards for a score

2 sacks by DE Aikman, 1 by DT Zimmerman and DE Osborne.

5 KRB by OG Rasnic, 3 by Keith

No major injuries

Old 05-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #465
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

NFL Player of the Year:

QB Damien Hoffman

Super Bowl MVP:

QB Damien Hoffman

Offensive Player of the Year:

QB Damien Hoffman

All League 1st Team:

QB Damien Hoffman
WR Maxwell Poffenroth
WR Adrian McHugh
DE Jordan Rogers
SS Malachi McKnight

All League 2nd Team:

DT Cooper Zimmerman

Last two years we’ve seen Poffenroth, McKnight, Zimmerman and Keith win All Pro for the first time in the collective careers – nice stuff!

I thought McKnight might get Defensive Player of the Year nods. The guy who won, SS Winston Berlat, also a SS btw, had more picks, but fewer returns. He deserved it.

The Hoff with the quadfecta

Old 05-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #466
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

QB Hoffman – 425 of 612, 5374, 69.4%, 55:7 ratio, 121.7 rating, 17 sacks, 7 knockdowns, 1 fumble

If he had rocked his normal completion % he would have had the most passing yards in NFL season, and probably the record in TD as well. But this is no shakes, right?

RB Derrick Borden, 227 attempts, 1086 yards, 4.78 ypc, 6 TD; 57 grabs, 531 yards, 7 TD grabs

That’s an adequate season I suppose, but I expect more from my 7/57 talent.

WR Maxwell Poffenroth – 111 grabs, 1591 yards, 16 TD
WR Adrian McHugh – 105 snags, 1471 yards, 15 TD
WR Zack Robbins, 52 for 721, 7 scores
WR Emmitt Cavallo, 35 for 388 and 5
TE Tony Gasho, 35 for 396 and 2

Max led the league in both yards and TDs. Something he has never really done. This is, by far, his best season ever. My rookie WR draftees also helped I think.

Special Teams

WR Kim Riley – 43 PR, 12.2 avg -0 best avg in league among qual; 17 KR, 27.5 avg

We only had 25 kick returns all year long. We were kicked out of bounds or away from our guy after scores.

K harris Parrish, 36 of 42, long of 55, 74/74 PAT

Not bad at all fella!

P Shawn Oakes, 73 punts, 45.7 avg, 30 in 20.

Also not bad

Defense –

DE Jordan Rogers – 13.5 sacks, 1 block, 14 hurries, 11 QBKD, 2 FF
DE Andres Aikman – 9.5 sacks, 1 block, 11 hurries, 65 QBKD, 3 FF; 2 FumRec
DT Cooper Zimmerman, 47 and 13 tackles, 6 sacks, 4 blocks, 15 hurries, 19 QBKD , 4 FF; 2 FumRec
DT Zachery Stevenson – 3.5 sacks, 1 block, 7 hurr, 4 QBKD
DE Alfredo Osborne – 4 sacks, 1 6 and 3; 2 FF

Rogers still led league in a down year for sacks. He was probably slowed by his hammy injury for 6 weeks. Ziimmerman is clearly here as well. Thanks!

SLB Van Ellwood – 78 and 17 tack; 1.5 sacks, 1 block, 2 hurr, 4 QBKD, 1 int, 6 pasdef, 2 FF
MLB Eduardo Sweat – 68 and 23 tack; 2 sacks, 2 block, 3 hurr, 3 qbkd, 2 INT, 9 pasdef, 2 FumRec
WLB Jared Gati – 2 sacks, 3 hurr, 2 QBKD

Down years here I suppose?

SS Malachi McKnight – 101 solo tack, 34 assist, 4.5 sacks, 7 int, 4 INT RET TD, 6 pasdef, 2 FF; 3 FumRec
FS Quentin Bernardini – 61 and 17, 0.5 sacks, 3 picks, 9 pasdef
CB Cary Greene, 5 picks, 7 pasdef, 1 INT RET TD
CB Monty Glenn – 15 games, 1 pick, 9 pasdef, 2 FF

Clearly not a great year by Glenn. But everyone else turned in at least a solid performance.

Blocking:

OG Lamar Rasnic – 32 KRB, 7 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed
OC Myron Leggin – 28 KRN 1 pancake 1 sack allowed
OG David Blades – 27 and 4 and 3 sacks allowed
OT Sergio Keith 24 KRB, 1 pan, 3 sacks
OT Hector Johnson, 21 and 1 pan and 6 sacks allowed

TE Gasho – 7 KRb

Down year almost across the board. Come on folks! You can do better than this, you have too.

I know it doesn’t have Satre or Velazquez, but this is probably my best roster in this dynasty.

Old 05-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #467
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year – WR Poffenroth – He notched All Pro for the first time in his career and led the league in two stats – yards and TDs. That’s a dominant year from the 9th year vet who is now 30 years old. Let’ keep it up old man!

Defensive Player of the Year: SS Malachi McKnight – His first just nasty year for us. Led our team in tackles, assists, picks, picks returned, and still had time for 4.5 sacks. McKnight was all over the place, and he clearly found another level!

Special Teams of the Year: Harris Parrish – With multiple games this year that need a lot of FGs, he has some strong results, and even had some long FGs to match. Thanks Parrish!

Rookie of the Year: WR Zack Robbins had a great year and notched 721 yards, and 7 scores in his rookie year at the 3 spot. Welcome to North Florida!

Heart Award: OLB Nicholas Kates – On special teams he noticed 20 tackles, he grabbed 3 forced fumbles, and recovered one. On defense he grabbed a sack spelling others, and 2 passes defensed. For an undrafted FA last year. He contribute everywhere he could!

Old 05-23-2015, 07:03 PM   #468
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of Season:

Performance – 90
Value – 87
Profit – 81
Roster – 21

Score – 80

We made 230 mill last year

99.5 % attendance

2.085 bill, 3rd in league
4th best stadium
2nd best roster
3rd best support
16th best economy again

Retirements of note:

C Myron Leggin retires

The last the Leggin/Starks/Satre triumvirate has left the league. Leggin was a pretty strong guy, one All Pro season, won 3 rings for yus.

Other Retirements of Note:

QB Harold Macey, retries a legend of the Game, Super Bowl MVP in 2028, All pro once for Eagles,

C David Lynch, 3 time all pro for Eagles, 424 KRB

LT Joel Cameron, we drafted him in 2021 in the 2nd round, stared him and was disappointed. Signs with Lions and spends the rest of his career there, got the Super Bowl undefeated season last year too.

LT Terrance Donaldson – Two time all pro, strongest manx2, 1 Super Bowl Ring with Miami a few years back,

DE Gregory Burton – Defensive Player of the Year in 2030, 2 time all league, 2 Super Bowl wins, retires with 101.5 sacks and that might be enough. We’ll see – he needed more push with Pittsburgh and he didn’t get it.

Alright, get ready:

DT Earnest Wheeler – EIGHT TIME all pro in 13 seasons, played whole career for Packers, clearly Canton bound

SILB Jameson Broyles – We had him on our roster for two years at MLB back I 2027 and 2028.

CB Emmitt Burke – 3rd round draft pick Jaguars, Played for us for three years, traded to Falcons, then signed with Raiders for a lot of years. Finishes with just 12 picks and 107 pasdef.

In the Hall of Fame? QB Johnny Manziel. Two OG and a QB also headed in.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:39 PM   #469
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have 39 players on our roster

We pick 5th in the staff draft:

No staff changes yet again. Our coach Tony McDaniel has won Coach of the Year 4 of the last 5 years.

Some of our rookies busted:

WR Cavallo is down to 31/40 and Robbins 30/38.

The biggest issues that we face right now are two-fold:

1). Our roster is lacking in depth and quality from recent drafts. Barring someone breaking open soon, the chances of me keeping any of these bums around, other than DE Aikman, is low.

2). We need to extend DT Zimmerman, WR McHugh, K Parrish, figure out RB and OT

And we have these major players finish up their deal:

CB Cary Greene
OG Lamar Rasnic
FS Quentin Bernardini
RB Percy Romine
RB Derrick Borden

Here’s what I’m facing:

Extending WR McHugh puts me in the 5 year 130 mill category

Extending Zimmerman is in the 5 years 64 mill category

Which is cheaper than I thought, really

Zimmerman’s initial deal would put him at 11.59 mill this year (6.3 more) and McHugh 22 mill, up from 5.8 to a staggering 16 mill more

Now, I could re-sign one now, and then let the other hit franchise city. That’s likely be Zimmerman now.

In three years, McHugh has 4988 receiving yards, 3 All Pro nods and 49 TDs. There are solid WRs whose entire career doesn’t have those sorts of numbers. I simply can’t let him go

Now, here’s some bad news:

Extending CB Greene? The 11th year vet wants an additional 6 mill this year for next, and that’s stupid money. I can’t increase his cap from 18 mill to something a lot worse.

I can’t let Greene walk, but the guy is 33 and 11th year. I can let his deal lapse and then resign him. Or I can wait until post-camp or preseason and if his skills drop, retain him more cheaply.

For a three year extension, we’d only shave 1.2 mill off our cap for Bernardini

For a four year deal with Rasnic, against, juts 1.5 mill is saved.

Get ready:

We have 16 mill under the cap, and just 6 mill for new players…

This is the impossible season:

1). Resign my major players
2). Bring back at least one of these two franchise quality players
3). Have a great, lights out draft to refresh my roster
4). Sign a new P and perhaps extend K Harris Parrish, which’ll cost serious cash
5). Bring back quality RFA in TE Dixon,

And do it under the current cap. Good luck!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:55 AM   #470
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And remember, the minimum salary is now just under 1 mill, so a bunch of really cheap folks would still (take me from 39 players to 53 - 14 million dollars right there)

Old 11-29-2015, 10:16 PM   #471
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I used to bring in some greater talent in later round, or develop it.

Here are starters or major players on my roster from later in the draft or undrafted

9th year LB Jared Gati, starter at WLB, undrafted, currently 33/33 but fell a lot recently.

Undrafted RB Derrick Borden, 56/56, 4th year

Returner WR Kim Riley, undrafted, 48 and 57 in returns, 4th year

6th rounder SS Malachi McKnight at 65/65, and just had an All Pro year - 6th year vet

5th year vet DT Zachery Stevenson, picked at 4.31, 58/58

MLB Eduardo Sweat, picked at 4.30 by us, 7th year 60/60 rating

SLB Van Elwood, picked at 3.31, 68/68 rating, 5th round

K Harris Parrish, 4th, 78/78. in case you count K

CB Monty Glenn, 4.19 selection by us 6th year, 47;/47

LG Lamar Rasnic, 3.29 pick, 7th year, 69/69

That is great drafting by us from the late 3rd round on back. But none of those players are younger. We have no hits from recent drafts, and that hurts the roster moving forward.

And developing that sort of talent only hurts right now because we don't have the depth to do so.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-29-2015 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:57 PM   #472
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now if you'll recall, I traded up some picks and such to grab some top talent that fell recently. And I have a few players on my roster that are downright nasty.

Here are the players that are on my roster that are in a Hall of Fame conversation, from the deadlocks to the strong players to the youth.

QB Damien Hoffman - 8th year, 2 Rings, 4 time league MVP, stats are just nasty at time, like his career 69+% completion, or 33000+ yards and 285:78 TD:INT ratio. Currently career leader for career rating (111.4) and career yards per pass attempt (8.5). LOCK for HOF.

DE Jordan Rogers - 6th year vet, 2 Rings, in his first 5 years, notched 69 sacks, 4 All Pros in 5 years, and led the league in sacks multiple times. Barring some sort of cataclysmic fall, or career ending injury, he's in.

FL Adrian McHugh - Despite his 4th year in the league, got 4988 yards and 49 scores, plus 3 All Pros and a Ring, and it on the Hall of Fame parabola quite easily.

FS Quentin Bernardini - 11th year vet, 44 picks, 1 time Defensive Player of the Year, 2 time All Pro. In there if he gets some more either longevity for great All Pro style years. 3 Rings

WR Maxwell Poffenroth - The Poff just had his 1st All Pro in his 9th year for us, and has 3 Rings. 11010 yards, 99 TDs, so Maxie Poff needs some more but is in the conversation for longevity and career yards.

NT Cooper Zimmerman - Outside chance he makes it, this 4th year vet just notched his first All Pro for us and has great stats, but not enough splash yes

How many players from the Jags made it to the HOF thus far?

QB Blake Bortles
WR Marqise Lee
LG Marquis Satre
DT Kevin Williams *
DE Cesar Velazquez

The Jags retired 5 in honor of Bortles

* Williams just played his last two career years for us, and was not a major Jacksonville star.

I'm confident that WR Joshua Wild will make it too. Other players that have retired but not made it to the HOF aren't locks.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-29-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #473
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If you'll recall the point of this dynasty was the play the newly available on Steam game and to record my thoughts, decisions, and play it slowly, so newer players could read along and see how my thought processes work.

I hope that you enjoyed it thus far!

The league used to have a paucity of quality at the QB position. That has ended:

3 Qbs have a rating of 80+ (including our own Hoffman)
2 QBs have a potential of 70+
5 QBs are currently 70+
7 QBs more have a current of 60+

Therefore as of this year, 17 Qbs, or a little more than half, are at 60 or more. At 84/84. Damien Hoffman is the best QB in the league.

At 61/71. the Panthers have a younger backup who is not starting, so the league has 16 of these starting. He was a 5th rounder that boomed to 61/71

19 players in teh league have a current rating og 80 or more, and we have 2 - QB Hoffman,a nd DE Rogers.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-29-2015 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:35 AM   #474
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The potential HOF folks are the keys to my roster, and I don't want to move them. Everyone else is ultimately disposable.

Our team went 15-1 and won the Super Bowl. We can afford to lose some players and still compete, but I have too many players coming in at once.

These starters are in the final year of their deal:

RB Derrick Borden
CB Cary Greene
DT Cooper Zimmerman
WR Adrian McHugh
K Harris Parrish
G Lamar Rasnic
FS Quentin Bernardini
RT Hector Johnson

That's a lot of players. This is the hardest off season of this dynasty. It's a puzzle, and I have to unlock it.

To sign Bernardini, Rasnic, Zimmerman, Greene, and McHugh on this list, the quality starters I can't afford to lose would cost me roughly 21 million, with Bernardini and Rasnic each dropping their cap hits this year by roughly 1 mill each for longer deals.

The biggest of those is McHugh.

Now on the flip side, to extend K Harris Parrish, one of the best K in football would require me to jump from his rookie deal to an incredible 4 year 40 mill deal. That's an additional hit of 6.5 mill this year alone. I can't dream that sort of cash up. That's not happening. I was hoping to draft a good K and then just stick with him, but I can't drop that sort of cash on one.

So what's what then? Who's who?

Here's the big thing:

Here are the major contracts of note coming due next year that I need to keep space for:

QB Damien Hoffman
DE Andres Aikman (currently at 55/70)

But mainly Hoffman.

So one possibility would be to franchise WR McHugh net year, and then sign Hoffman next year or the year after. Cause I am devoid of cash....

With no splash-y free agency signings in a long time (Cary Greene was my last one about 6 years ago), just keeping my own folks, here's teh cap situation:

Total Cap 284,480,000
Cap Lost 110,000
Room Under Cap 16,230,000
Max for new player - 6,350,000

Cap Used Next Year - 211,730,000

We have 39 players on our roster, and 7 picks, in the back of each round 1.32 through 7.32.

That's just not enough.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:56 AM   #475
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

16 mill might look like a lot of space, but this year, it will cost roughly 1 mill for a undrafted free agent. So after I draft 7 players, I can sign roughly 6 more on the cheap. Those 13 players put me at precisely 52 players for the year, or a full roster. But that includes no signings in FA, no depth, nothing.

It's incumbent on me to find players that I can move or spots not to worry
about. I currently need:

1 back-up-ish QB
1 back-up TE
3 OG/C
1 Punter
1 DT
2 LB
2 CB
2 S

For a total of 13 players.

Now, those were just my roster spots, where do I need a starter quality player? My current C is 32/48 so there,

Punter obviously

Perhaps WLB or CB. Ideally, i could draft a starter at C, or somewhere in the LB/CB/S region, and then get some great depth to grow at spots that it's a bit pricey at.

And to be fair, there are a few RFAs that I could sign in good conscious:

TE QUinn Dixon for 1.15 mill this year, 30/45
And I have three RFAs in teh secondary that I could toss money at if needed

How does UFA look? Cause I need a P at least.

My P wants a huge amount to resign.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-30-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:08 AM   #476
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What about the draft? Is there someone or some position I could target at the 1.32 spot (or maybe even the 2.32 as well).

Unfortunately this is not the year of the Center. The crop is really weak. Could I take an OG and move someone over? That'd doable, there are a few good, strong OGs out there. This is the year of the LB and the CB though. I'd love to get a good quality CB. I used to get good Cbs all over the draft and I've been sticking out a lot lately.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #477
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So let's take a look at some of the financial implications of my roster right now, and it begins with TE Tony Gasho

I drafted him at the end of the 2nd round a few years ago. He is a 62/62 guy right now. I had to re-up his deal to keep him, and he's being paid 12 mill against the cap this year, and we have him for two more years after this one

There are not a lot of quality TE in the league, and so you have to pay a lot for them. The best TE in the league is future Hall of Famer Todd Mills, an 8th year vet with a 97/97 rating, All Pro 6 times, and last year had 1079 yards, his 2nd time with 1000+. Arizona pay hims 25 mill against the cap.

There are no other TEs in the 80s or 70s. There are just 6 in the 60s. So only 7 at the position in the league right now are notching a 61 or higher. Our guy is the 6th best out there.

In 4 years, he's gotten 1400 yards catching for us. 9 scores. He also has 30 KRB out of 65 KRO. Now blocking wise, he compares well to TE Mills, but in receiving, he sucks.

Am I getting 13 mill of money from Gasho? Probably not.

EDIT -

How about RB next? After signing RB DeMarco Murray to a huge contract and drafting OG superstar Marquis Satre in my first year, what happened? Murray was okay. He was solid, but not spectacular. He dodn't play p to his deal.

Since Murray, I've tended to have a revolving door at RB as I draft or sign some random bum to carry the ball. When you have a good line, and good passing game, you don't need Barry sanders in the backfield. Natrone Means is good enough, I have RB Percy Romine, 9th year, at 49/49 who I signed to be my next guy, and he had 1331 rushing yards for me two years ago, and 260 last year in a backup role. Meanwhile undraft bum RB Derrick Borden, now in year 4, with a 56/56 rushed for 1086 yards for me last year, which was merely adequate. Derrick is 2.4 mill this year, and neither ar here next year. To extend Derrick would be to jump his contract to the 10 mill range. Romine? 11 mill.

So instead I can just move on to the next random guy. Insert next running back. I can cut Percy Romine and save 3.8 mill - from there I get some cap flexibility, although I would need another signee.

EDIT 2 - I can't really afford a good P. Our guy wants too much, and there are 13 Punters in the league at 60+ and 9 more at 50+. I don't always see a correlation between punting ability and punting stats. I can't in good conscience spend a lot of money at P.

I've regularly pushed my budget to the limit with cheap kickers and usually get not-hot results with them. In his three years, 78/78 K Harris Parrish, our draftee, and 3rd best in the NFL, is 90 of 104; 204 of 204 PAT; his 86% career convention is better than the #1 (83%), #2 (73%), #4 (84%) and #5 (77%) conversion rate. So he's good and consistent. But my Juggernaut offense doesn't often need a lot of Ks. Last year, in going 15-1, we won a lot of games by a lot of points. One game went to OT and we won with a FG, one game was lost by 3, and that;'s it. One other game was one by us for 6 points, every other by a lot. Do we really need to invest in the 3rd best K? If we had the 3rd worst K last year, would it have mattered? However, just 15 kickers have a current ranking of 50 or more. (Only 9 more have a 40+) So if I jettison my guy next year, I might not have a lot of space to move to. If I go from the 68/68 guy to the 41/41 guy, that could have some real results on game day at the kicking spot.

EDIT 3 - LS Rex Cole is a 14th year long snapper in the last year of his deal, and he's making 2.2 mill. He has a LS of 99. He is the best in the league. I could probably move on from him to someone else. My guy is a mentor to Centers and we don't save a lot by switching to someone else. Just a few hundred thousand. Not even one player

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-30-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #478
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Obvious changes first:

1 - Cut RB Percy Romine

2 - Use that cash to help extend DT Cooper Zimmerman's deal. 5 years, 66 mill

3 - Extend OG Lamar Rasnic by three years

4 - Sign RFA Quinn Dixon, at TE

Skip everyone else for now. I'm waiting to see what happens post-Camp with CB greene and FS bernardini and hoping that hits to their skills that likely will happen (both are 11th year vets) could drop contract demands.

i do some interviewing and move to the draft

Old 12-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #479
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2035 NFL Amateur Draft has begun!

The first player taken is DT Kaden Brusca from Louisiana - Lafayette, to Philadelphia.

Let's see what we can see!

Whoa. Are you kidding me? How did that happen?

So I was scouting some talent for the 1.32 pick. Our starting OT is in the final year of his rookie deal, and at 55/55, I don;t feel the price hike. I could grab his replacement. I also was looking at some solid LB options as well. A few D Backs even. Perhaps even a really good RB and two of those are left. But then this guy has fallen:

WR Perry Albany, Georgia Tech, fits in, great bars, 76 volatility, 2 blue combine scores and one red, looks really solid

Now I don;t need a 3rd wr., I am set at the position. Maxie Poff is in his 10th year and WR Adrian McHugh his 4th. Both are strong bodies.

So if I went elsewhere, what would I do?

WLB Deion Curtis, potential affinity, 32 volatility, 4 blue scores
SLB Tre Vosicky, 5 blue combines, potential affinity

I was looking at these two for their affinities. They are the top two OLBs on the board. That was what I was looking - lots of good talent at the LB Crops this draft. I don't need one too badly, but but that's the strength of this team.

FS Weston Forest - 4 blues, top safety on the board,

RT Austin Hironaka - 3 blues, top OT
RT Trenton Divine, 3 blues with a higher raw score in each than Austin, , 2nd OT

I figured I'd grab an OT/LB/S here and figure it out. And the options I expected are all here.

So Im confused.

Let's talk about our WR history for a moment.

We were lucky to begin this dynasty with for legit threats at WR - Marqise Lee was in the 70s, and then Allen Robinson, Justin Blackmon, and Ace Sanders were all around 50. Blackmon was our primary returner as well, and Bortles did a solid job getting some yards early in his career. Sanders was the first to go, and then I let Blackmon go, and then, all of the sudden, in the draft, Joshua Wild happened.

Joshua Wild was an amazing looking WR (better than this guy looks) and we were drafting that year in the mid 20s. He fell to us. So I grabbed him, and he was our 3rd WR in his first year, and then supplanted Robinson, and then Robinson was let go. Lee was the old man, and Wild, in his 3rd year, was the consensus best WR in the game. Lee retires and I want to keep two guys, so I draft Maxwell Poffenroth to start across from Wild. We have Maxie and Joshua for a good long time.

Four years ago Joshua Wild retires. And Maxwell is the only guy we of of any consequence who can catch a ball. Now Maxwell may look strong with his 67/67 self, but until last year, he's never been an All Pro guy. So I traded up to select WR Adrian McHugh, who has developed to a 64/64 guy who's very strong statistically.

Poffenroth is in his 10th season in the pros, but he is a young 30. We picked him up near the top of the 2nd after trading back. Maxie is both a Mentor to WR and our receivers leader. We like him. He is signed for three more years at 14 mill each season, a nice flat cap hit.

There's no reason to move him.

So if I take my guy, Percy, and he winds up as another 68/68 WR then what happens? Do I have enough throws to hit all of my receivers? Sure, I have Poffenroth's replacement 3-4 years down the road, and a good one at that, but can my roster afford what is essentially a luxury pick right now?

WR is one of my lowest areas of need. I need a quality WR like a baby needs a quality dentist. Which is, "not at all."

Meanwhile, I have a solid WLB, SLB which fit my leaders quite nicely, or I could grab a solid RB or OT for laters. Even a good FS, and with Bernardini at year 11, I need a replacement for him sooner than the WR.

But, I don't need a OLB. I don;t need on OT or a RB or a S.

Jared Gati, at WLB, is down to 30 current score after a career for us, and cheap. Grabbing WLB Deion Curtis makes total sense.

I'd likely take Curtis now in a normal year. I always find adequate lineman falling later in the 1st or in the 2nd/3rd. I don;t often get a chance to take a starter quality OLB this far back, we don't have a lot.

I'll show you:

Currently, in the NFL, there are 21 OLBs at both WLB and SLB spots of at least 50 current skill. I have Van Ellwood at 60/60, rocking my SLB, the 6th best SLB in the NFL. Virtually none are WLB. We have the 7th and 21st OLBS at teh WLB spot. All of the rest are SLBs/

Curtis has affinity, and is good looking at a place of rarity in the NFL.

So what I do I do?

Old 12-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #480
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I find my results from LBs can be a bit hard to predict and uneven. remember when I signed Justin Houston to a big deal? He never really panned out. I don't usually get great results from my linebackers, and I like Ellwood and Sweat because these are my grabs, my developments, and my success stories. But, despite the fact that Sweat is a 60/60 MLB, he's never sniffed All Pro. Ellwood? 68/68 and never gotten that far either.

I could skip over Percy, grab WLB Curtis, and he'll never be that great statistically, especially at the woeful WLB spot, which is like a black hole on my team.

Perry Albany is rough. Taking him pushes me around. But I'm taking him.
The football gods have spoken

The rest of my target mostly go in the mid-2nd. If I had more ammunition I might have traded up for WLB Curtis, who goes at the 2.14 spot

Back at 2.32, some of the players I was targeting are still on the board, so yay for me

Here's my guy:

SS Chandler Campbell, Auburn, three blues, looks good bars and everything

Both of those guys will be m,major players for us moving forward.

And now a break for our Annual "Reach of the Draft"

Hello folks. Do you ever need a kicker so bad that you want the take the best one on the board, no matter what? Then draft that P Joseph Sobien from North Carolina in the 3rd round like an idiot, and you too, can be comforted.

Who else?

4.32 - RT Ralph Miceli, USC< 4.5 grade, 4.9 adjusted - top OT on teh board
5.32 - FS Quentin Zhahavi, Pittsburgh, 2 blues, 4.4 grade, 4.1 adjusted, 3rd S on board
6.32 - C Maurice Riddle, Brigham Young, 4.5 overall, 3.9 adjusted, 1 red, two blues, 3rd best OC on the board, but that red score is sexy
7.32 - ILB Antonio Bernstein, Arkansas, 4.2 grade, 4.1 adjusted, 2 red bars, one green, one blue, low bars. Will he be a potential grower? Let's find out!

I just owned this draft.

Our initial post draft results. If I were 1/1 in the draft, and picked, 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, etc, I could not have done much better:

WR Albany - 42/75
SS Campbell - 24/57
P Sobein - 45/58
RT Miceli - 22/47
FS Zhahavi - 17/46
C Riddle - 22/49
ILB Bernstein - 11/17

Now we'll see how those hold up laters, but that's a really good start to my end of round draft. I just wish we could have nabbed some at positions of need.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #481
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have a B+ draft review

"The simple fact of the matter is that GM Sargent for all of his great successes in the draft, simply can't resist a pass-catcher. We all know that they need a quality outside linebacker, a corner, a center, a punter, a replacement tackle, a better running back and more. They lost no players that caught passes, retaining every wide receiver, tight end, and even 3 of 4 running backs. The Jaguars made a luxury pick.

Everyone else can talk about how brave they were or how this is just Joshua Wild all over again, but Wild was a once in a generation receiver, and he just fell to their lap in the 20s, in part because people were afraid of his volatility. People mention that two WRs were piked prior to Wild by receiver needy teams, but they forget that both were 10 year vets that lasted, and both had 10000+ career catching yards. Getting a player like Wild to fall doesn't happen, so of course you grab him.

This is not Wild. He's got good potential, but seriously, you can't retain TE Tony Gasho, WR McHugh, WR Poffenroth, and Percy Albany all under this things we have called a salary cap. Everybody knows that McHugh will be franchised or signed later on, post this season, so we get it. You would be spending, roughly, 14 mill on Maxie, 26 on Adrian, and 15 on Gasho - 65 mill on those three, and around 4 mill on Albany already. 70 mill on your catchers - around 20% of your cap. Then add in QB Damien Hoffman to the mix and around half of your cap is going to be tied up in passers and catchers.

That is not sustainable. You could have taken a very good linebacker, you could have kept him for a lower cap-friendlier price post-rookie salary, and then built your roster that way. And that was the plan until Albany fell down the board - just one WRs was taken before him, and we think that Warren Dotson, at the 19 spot to the Ravens is a little better currently and had a bit better potential than Albany.

This was not a case of bad drafting, or a bunch of WR misses, they just needed other positions, went for it, and GM D'Avignon is now trying to change it up. This was not a great pick.

Now SS Chandler Campbell was good. You get a quality nickel back now, and a potential replacement later for FS Bernardini. Quentin is a great player, he's in his final year, and we just don;t know what';s coming next. Campbell is good insurance, and gives depth at an important place on the roster. They needed that depth.

grabbing a P was fine at the back of the 3rd, we often see them go in the top of the 4th, taking one early at 3.32 is suitable, and he got teh best one likely, from the draft.

I don;t see any of his magical mid- or late- round hits like he often gets, but these are serviceable guys who have some ability to spell starters and play injury insurance. So I have no complaints about later on. But the pick people think is genius? A total misfire by a guy who usually doesn't. Because at the end of the day, he just can't get enough wide receivers somehow."

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-21-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #482
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here were the players I was looking at at the 1.32 spot as well, in their minicamp pre-game context:

RB Everett - 41/53
RB Blake - 39/54
FS Forest - 31/58
WLB Curtis - 28/58
SLB Vosicky - 31/54
OT Hironaka - 21/50
OT Devine = 20/43

I probably would have grabbed Curtis, and he's fine.

Post-draft I need to massage my roster

I have 46 players under contract. Before Camp starts, there is UFA period #2 and and undrafted FA I want to chase

SLB Nicholas Kates, one of our own players out there 40/40.

RG Trent Clark, one of our expired FA who is 36/36. reliable, a 7th year vet we keep resigning, this time to another one year vet minsal. He's a mentor, we drafted him in the 6th round long ago and have retained him ever since.

UFA QB Cooper Thamilarasan
UFA RB Lenny Billmaier
UFA WLB Caleb Hailey
UFA CB Lamont Offerman looks like a solid retruner

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-01-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #483
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stage 2 - Our LB Kates signs elsewhere. We sign QB Coop and RG Clark. Kates heads to Pittsburgh

Stage 3 - Nothing new

Stage 4 - Everyone comes to us we were targeted from UFA land

I have to extend FS Quentin Bernardini by two years, and drop his cap hit by one mill, in order to fit in everyone

I move two players to places that I'm told could improve their value - RT Ralph Miceli to LG (it bumps him to 24/53) and 7th rounder LB to WLB.

I sign DE Dustin Guersc as a UFA pre-camp, and OT Tod Tramontana, the best UFA left on the board by potential

Camp time!

Old 12-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #484
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Post camp, here are my rookies and major UFAs:

WR Perry Albany, 47/73. Worst stat? Avoid drops 13/43. BPR of 74, 55/77 courage, and then everything is in the 80s and 90s for pots. Even endurance is 72/97.

SS Chandler Campbell - 28/56, sucks as Run D and Man to man, rocks everything else. With a 66/85 special teams, will likely be a gunner.

P Joseph Sobien - 46/56

UFA OT Tod Tramontana - 23/54 - run block specialist - 33/91 in that.

C Maurice Riddle - 25/48

LG Ralph Miceli 27/51

FS Quentin Zahavi, 20/45

RB Lenny Billmeier, 29/43

QB Cooper Thamilarasan 16/43

WLB Antonio Bernstein has grown! to 12/19

CB Offerman has a 56/70 PR and 25/32 KR

Not bad. We have Albany on the Green Page

Someone has offered me a 5th rounder for C Stan Borders. I have 11 O Line folks, and I like to have 10. I try something crazy. I move T Tod Tramontana, who was a bit of a boom in camp to C, and now he's 18/61. Alright, I accept the deal and move Borders, who was 33/45.

No major busts or diminishes on my team, not even my old folks Poffenroth, CB Greene, or FS Bernardini

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-01-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #485
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster?

THE best QB
8th best RB
6th best TE
THE best WR
30th C
4th best OG
4th best OT
25th best P
3rd best K
THE best DE
6th best DT
16th best ILB
9th best OLB
5th best CB
THE best S

We have the youngest team in the NFl by two years

We have great cohesion. 9th best passing, 4th best OLine, 3rd best secondary, 3rd best d-front

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-01-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #486
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let's set up some depth charts and such

I make some serious changes to my offensive game plan and angles of attack when I rush the QB.

Pre-season

We finish the preseason with 4 victories, and a few minor injuries:

Starting OG David Blades is questionable with a strained hammy until further notice

Backup RG Trent Clark has adeep thigh bruise

Backup DE Shane Sanderson was out for two weeks with a pulled calf muscle, and has improved to questionable. He's moved to the bench.

Here we go!

What I like to sometimes do is a quick sim with coaches setting everything just to see what the expected record would be. We go 13-3 and win the top seed. Then we win the Super Bowl. Winning All Pros is WR Poffenroth, DT Zimmerman, K Parrish, QB Hoffman, and DE Rogers. And no major season ending injuries. That's not bad results, and a lot of players like to do that sort of a quick sim, to get back to business later with the drafting and such.

Can I equal it with the slow roll?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-01-2015 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:30 AM   #487
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 - We head to Houston and trounce them 41-17. QB Hoffman is MOM with 28 of 42 for 438 yards and a 4:0 ratio. And so it begins. WR Poffenroth was 9 for 122 and 1 score, WR Albany was 8 for 120 and 2 scores, McHugh was 5 for 75 and 1 score. RB Borden rushes for a score, and FS Bernardini with a pick. DT Zimmerman has a sack, and OG Rasnic 5 KRB.

Injuries? WR McHugh is out for 3 weeks with a strained tendon, and obviously a certain rookie will get some starts in his place. Other lesser injuries occur as well.

Week 2 - We host and crush the Bucs 35-10. Hoffman, MOM, 19 of 28, 319, 3:0. RB Borden rushes 16 for 106 and catches a score. Albany has 8 grabs, 126 yards, and 1 score and WR Zack Robbins has the other score. A pick and a return for a score by SLB Van Ellwood. Sacks by Ellwood, DE Andres Aikman, and Rogers.

No major injury news. One of my backups is back in action.

Week 3 - We have a tough game in New England, and win 24-17. MOM is Huffman with 26 of 37, 300 yards and 2:0. RB Borden rushes for the other score. WR Albany was 8 for 104 and 1 score, WR Robbins the other. Picks by MLB Eduardo Sweat, SS Malachi McKnight and backup rookie SS Chandler Campbell who's playing nickelbakc for us. 2 sacks by DT Zimmerman. 6 players had 2 passes defended.

DE Rogers is banged up a bit for 5 weeks but nothing stops that guy from platting football.

Week 4 - We host and edge out the Bengals 30-17. DE Rogers is Defensive Player of the Week with 3 sacks, 1 knocked pass, 1 knock down, and 5 hurries. CB Greene recovered a fumble of MLB Sweats. 2 sacks by DE Aikman, 1 each by Zimmerman and CB Greene. 3 KRB by OT Sergio Keith. Hoffman was okay with 29 of 46 for 342 and 2:2. Albany had 10 grabs, 143 yards, and 1 score, RB Borden caught the other score and rushed for a 3rd.

LG Rasnic is a bit banged up but we are 4-0.

But we've had WR Albany starting for us, since McHugh is down for a bit more, and he looks hot.

In his first four games of his career - Albany has 34 grabs, 497 yards, and 5 scores. That could be a record.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-02-2015 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #488
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 - The 1-3 Browns bring no challenge when they try to take us down, we win 41-13. Hoffman was a bit dinged up, and didn;t finish the game, and hes probable with a broken finger, but he still finished with 23 of 30 for 349 and 3:0. Albany had 146 yards, WR Robbins 125 yards, and scores by Poffenroth, Albany, and TE Tony Gasho. Rushing scores by RB Borden and QB Hoffman. 2 picks by SS Malachi McKnight. 1.5 sacks by DT Zimmerman and DE Aikman, and then 1 each by MLB Sweat and backup DE Zachery Stevenson. 3 KRB by OG Blades.

McHugh is back from injury.

Week 6 - We host and defeat the 4-1 Colts. 34-16 NFL Defensive Player fo teh Week id DE Andres Aikman, 1 forced fumble,, 2.5 sacks, 4 hurries, and 3 QB knockdowns. 2 sacks by DT Stevenson, 1 each by CB Greene, OLB Van Ellwood and backup WLB Caleb Hailey. 1 pick by Bernardini, and 2 by McKnight. In a great moment of perhaps extreme irony, McHugh catches the ball, rushes near the endzone, fumbles it, and then Perry Albany recovers and runs it in for a score. The Hoff is MOM with 22 of 31 for 346 and 3:0. Poff has 78 yards and a score, Albany 116 and 1 score, and TE Gasho the other.

Returner Kim Riley is questionable for a month or so.

Week 7 - We head out to Pittsburgh and return winners 48-10. QB Hoffman is NFL Off. Player of the Week with 29 of 38 for 365 yards and 5:1. WR McHugh makes up for lost time with 177 yards and 3 scores. Welcome back. Poff and backup WR Cavallo have the others. Picks by Bernardini, McKNight and rookie WLB Haley. Sacks by CB Greene, Rogers, Aikman and Zimmerman.

Not a lot of injury news - Hoffman's injury is now healed.

Week 8 - Baltimore falls before us 34-9. Hoff is NFL OPOTW again with 30 fo 43, 330, and 4-0. McHugh 80 yards, 1 score; Pff 117 yards;, Gasho 1 score,e Albany 2 scores. Pick by CB Monty Glenn. First pick of the season fora corner for us. Sacks by WLB Gati and DE Rogers.

Backup WLB Hailey is out for a month with a concussion.

We are 8-0 and the Giants are 7-0, the league's sole undefeated teams

Old 12-02-2015, 01:11 AM   #489
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 - Tennessee falls beneath the Jaggernaut 45-19. Hoffman, MOM< has 21 of 29 for 216 and 4:0. McHugh 2 scores, Gasho and RB Borden 1 each. CB Greene gets a pick and rushes it back for a score. ILB Sweat another pick. Sack by OLB Ellwood. 5 KRB by C Tod Tramontana, RB Borden was 14 for 114.

About 5 players leave the game is various stages of probables and quesitonables - nothing major though

Week 10 - BYE

OG Blades is finally healed! The Giants lost.

Week 11 - Surely 1 win Houston is not going to be the team to knock us down right? Right! 38-16 us. SS McKnight is NFL Def PotW with 1 pick, 1 sack. Sacks by Gati and Bernardini as well. Hoff - 25 of 32, 338, 5:1. Poff had 144 and 2 scores, Albany and McHugh 70+ each and 1 and 2 scores respectively.

MLB Hailey is back from concussion

Week 12 - We almost drop a game to 2 win Carolina, 30-27. We have 2 sacks by MLB Sweat, and 1 by CB Greene and DT Zimmerman. 3 KRB by Blades, and 4 forced fumbles on the day by SS Campbell (on special teams, which he recovered as well), CB Greene, Sweat, and Blades on special teams. The Hoff was 29 of 44 for 321 and 2:0, and hit McHugh and Poff for scores, and Albany for 105 yards. RB Borden had a rushing score.

Week 13 - We smash teh Broncos 41-27 and have both the NFL Off Player fo teh Week (Hoff, 30 of 41, 399, 4:1) and DE Rogers at Def (3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles). 3 KRB by OG Rasnic, Sacks by Stevenson and Aikman. FF by CB Monty Glenn, Borden was 13 for 79 and a score. McHugh was 137 yards - 2 scores, Poff 127 and 1 scores, Albany 65 and 1.

Week 14 - Our next foe, the Falcons, can't touch us, 30-3. NFL Def Player of teh Week is Rogers with 2.5 sacks, 2 blocked passes, 4 hurries, and 3 QB knockouts, 1.5 sacks by Aikman. 3 KRB by Rasnic. Picks by Bernardini and CB Greene. Borden rushes 20 for 128. Hoff - 21 of 34, 278. and 3:2. TD tosses to McHugh, McHugh, and WR Cavallo. Albany has 124 yards

Starting OT hector Johnson is out with a Achilles injury for a bit. I have tons of depth at the OT spot as I was grooming his successor.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-02-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:25 AM   #490
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 15 - Well that was closer than I wanted it to be - 34-31 in Indianapolis. Hoff is NFL Ofplayotw with 32 of 48 for 404 and 4:0. Albany was 118 yards and 2 scores, mcHugh 107 yards and 1, Poff 94 yards, and WR Cavallo the final score. Pick by MLB Sweat. 2 sacks by Zimmerman. 4 KRB by Rasnic. FF by Zimmerman, Ellwood, and Aikman.

Week 16 - There aint no one who thinks the 4-10 Saints are stopped us. True! We win 34-9. SS Knight=y is MOM with 2 picks and a sack. 3 KRB by OT Alex Pieper. DT Stevenson had a ff and recovery. Hoffman was an ok 22 of 36 for 252 4:1 day, and hit Albany for 117 yards and 2 scores, TE Gasho for the other 2.

Injury news? OT is back from injury. But OT Keith is out for a month with a concussion.

Week 17 - Can we finish 16-0? Probably. Our foe is the 5 win Titans. We win 45-22. MOM is Hoff with 23 of 37, 324 adn 4:1. McHugh had 106 yards and 3 scores, and Albany the other TD pass. Greene with a FF. 2 sacks by Rogers, 1 by Greene. 3 KRB for C Tramontana.

We finish 16-0.

Injury? Backup RB broke his elbow and it out for 6 weeks. I place him on IR.

Week 16 -

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-02-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:41 AM   #491
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2035 NFL Playoffs!!!

Wild Card Round:

Indianapolis heads to Cincinnati
Oakland to New England

Dallas to SF
Phily to Green Bay

The away teams are favored every time save for Oakland

Results?

SF wins 23-16
Indy wins 20-14
Oakland wins 37-24
Phily wins 13-7

The Division Round:

We host the the 9-7 Raiders, and Indy travels to face the 14-2 Chiefs

In no-one-cares- NFC news we have Phily at New York and SF at TB

We crush Oakland 47-13. Hoff is MOM with 28 of 44, 378 and 5:0. He hits Poff for 124 yards and 1 score, Cavallo for a score, RB Borden for 1 and McHugh for 2. Picks by Bernardini, WLB Hailey, CB Lamont Offerman, 2 sacks by DT Stevenson, 1each by Rogers, DE Sanderson, and 1.5 by Aikman.

We have a major injury. CB Greene is out for the rest of the season. I place him on IR and we;ll move

Greene is willing to sign no for one year deal for 17 mill next year, and want to take it, but...can it? I tell him no thanks. I have to deal with mcHugh next year.

Backup MLB Mahoney is out with a broken ankle and I IR him as well.

Jeremiah Hopper is a 41/41 CB and is starting for greene.

Indy drops the 14-2 KC 27-6. Phily and tampa emerge

The NFL Championships:

Yoru AFC Champion #1 seed Jaguars at 16-0 host...

Your #5 seed wild card Colts at 10-6

The Colts came the closest of beating us all year long by a FG. Can we three-peat on them?

We win 37-14

Hoff, MOM, 21 of 34, 291, 3:0. Hits Borden, McHugh, and Albany for scores. RB Billmeier rushes for a score. Picks by McKnight, Aikman, and FS backup and now dimeback Zahavi. Sack by teh Coop.

No major injuries, and that sets up a Florida Bowl

Old 12-02-2015, 01:46 AM   #492
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2035 NFL Super Bowl:

Your AFC Champion Jacksonville Jaguars, #1 seed, 16-0

vs

Your NFC Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers, #3 seed, 10-6

Can the Bucs keep us from a perfect season? We didn't even drop a pre-season game!

We win 30-17

The Super Bowl MVP is DE Jordan Rogers with 2 forced fumbles, 2.5 sacks, 1 knockdown, 2 hurries, 1 blocked pass.

DE Aikman a sack
SLB Ellwood a FF and recovery
Pick by SS McKNight

The Hoff? 26 of 35 for 320 and 3:2. Poff got 77 yards and 2 scores, McHugh rocked 104 yards and a score, and rookie sensation Albany had 78 yards.

No major injuries

19-0

Meh - I tend to find 19-0 seasons to be a bit gaudy and hard to believe. Although, to be fair, this si the 4th time that someone did it - The Broncos were first, and then us, and then the Lions, and now us again

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-21-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 AM   #493
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

NFL MVP - QB Damien Hoffman
Offensive Player of teh Year - QB Hoffman

Super Bowl MVP - DE Jordan Rogers

All-Pro 1st Team:

QB Hoffman
DE Rogers
DT Cooper Zimmerman
CB Cary Greene
SS Malachi McKnight

All-Pro 2nd team:

WR Percy Albany

We were stolen. Albany should have gotten Offensive Rookie fo the year, the winner was a RB with 1036 yards, 10 tds

Old 12-02-2015, 11:30 AM   #494
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats:

The Hoff - 409 of 596, 68.6%, 5321 yards, 56:9, 121.4 QB rating, 31 sacks, 4 fumbles, none recovered; 2 rush TD

This was Hoffman's 2nd best year just a tad below last year. 31 sacks though is more than he has ever had in a season. 14 knockdowns is too. Outside of his rookie year, he's never had more than 7 knockdowns. Last year he had 50 more yards, 2 fewer picks, a slightly; better QB rating, and better completion numbers. No one else had 5000+ yards this season.

RB Derrick Borden, 230 carries for 938 yards, 4.1 ypc, 7 rush TD; 49 grabs, 249 yards, 3 scores.

Derrick wasn't exactly scintillating. Only 13 backs had 1000+ yards rushing, and he finished 16th in the league. I dropped my rushing numbers to compensate for the extra WR in our lineup. we ran out of the Singleback a lot this year too.

Get ready...

WR Gage Wilder had 2000 yards receiving this year. So we didn;t get that homage.

WR Percy Albany, 101 grabs, 1575 yards, 16 TDs - 3rd most yards, 2nd most TDs
WR Maxwell Poffenroth, 81 for 1190 yards, 8 scores
WR Adrian McHugh, 12 games, 78 grabs, 1052 yards, 18 TDs - most in NFL

Wow. With McHugh out, he still crossed the 1000 yard mark in 12 games, and led the league in TDs. Had he been playing he could have easily had 1250 or 1300 yards and 20+ scores. Poffenroth was fine despite a slowdown in the mid of the season, and hello Albany. You had a virtual Randy Moss year, 3rd receiver fro 12 games, #1 for 4.

TE Tony Gasho, 28 for 316 yards, 6 scores; 5 KRB

I did everything I could to improve his numbers, and dropped most formations that had no TE on the field. Nothing happened. It's time to consider moving on.

OG Lamar Rasnic, 23 KRB, 2 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed
C Tod Tramontana, 19 KRB, 8 sacks allowed
OT Sergio Keith, 18 KRB, 7 sacks allowed
OG Blades, 16 KRb and 3 sacks
OT Hector Johnston, 11 and 4 sacks

A horrible year for my O Line in sacks and KRB, and I have a really strong O line. I meant it's not at the level its been in the past, but it's solid:

Rasnic - 66/66
Blades - 51/51
Johnston - 54/54
Keith - 69/69
C Tramontana - 31/53

That's not bad. Other than C there's no bums - everyone is developed and looking good.

Special teams?

K Harris Parrish, 30 of 34, long of 56, 70 of 70 PAT

P Joseph Sobien, 91 punts, 43.9 average, 31 inside 20

SS Chandler Campbell - 29 special teams tackles, 5th most in league. 1 FF on special teams as well, which he recovered.

Kr/PR Kim Riley - 8.7 PR ret average, 16th best among qual; 27.8 KR, 6th best among qual, 2nd best who didn't score

Old 12-02-2015, 11:37 AM   #495
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Defense:

DE Jordan Rogers, 15 sacks, 49 solo tack, 9 blocked passes, 31 hurries, 25 knockdowns - led league in sacks, swats, and hurries. 4 FF 1 FumRec

DE Andres Aikman - 11.5 sacks, 39 solos, 4 swats, 29 and 29. 2nd most hurries in league this year. 2 FF

DT Cooper Zimmerman, 10 sacks, 42 tackles, 6 swats, 14 and 12. Tied for most sacks of any DT, 1 FF

DT Zachery Stevenson, 4 sacks, 28 solo tackles, 9 hurries and 7 QB Knockdown. 1 FF and Rec

I love my D line it's so good. This is how we dominated games. Force my foes to play catch up, and then dominate the line of scrimmage with the best of them. I think this may be my favorite D Line in quite some time:

Andres Aikman is in his 3rd year, and is now 72/72
Cooper Zimmerman has 2 All Pros, 76/76. 4th year
Jordan Rogers is 80/80, best DE in the league, and 6th year
Zachery Stevenson is 59/59, 5th year

Three are signed to long-term contracts, and Aikman is still under his rookie deal.

I don't know how long I can keep the family together, but all are young, strong, and nasty.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:48 PM   #496
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

MLB Eduardo Sweat, 83 solo tackles, 5 sacks, 2 blocked passes, 4 hurries, 1 QBKD; 3 picks, 11 pasdef; 2 FF, 1 Fum REC
SLB Van Ellwood, 65 and 3 sacks, 5 hurries, 3 knockdowns; 1 pick, 9 pasdef, 1 INT RET TD, 1 Fum REC
WLB Jared Gati, 18 solos, 2 sacks, 1, 2 0; 3 pasdef;

SS Malachi McKnight, 78 solos, 2 sacks, 1, 1, 1. 9 picks, 12 passes def. - Led league in picks!
FS Quentin Bernardini, 76 solos, 1 sack, 4 picks, 13 pasdef
CB Cary Greene, 70 solos, 5.5 sacks, 3 int, 18 pasdef; 3 ff, 1 Fum REC
CB Monty Glenn, 56 solos, 1 pick, 9 pasdef

How does a CB get 5.5 sacks? Cary Greene, the corner who puts the fear of sack-age into QBs everywhere. He doesn't shy from hitting this year! Dang. That's just crazy. And don;t forget those three forced fumbles - this year he was more like a Safety or LB. Even in his dottage, he;s beating you down!

McKnight had to have been really close to Defensive Player of the Year, and Rogers was probably in the conversation. SLB Wickson won, with 9.5 sacks, 6 picks, and 11 pasdef. Which is fair I think.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-02-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:02 PM   #497
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year - WR Adrian McHugh - Despite being injured for a quarter of the season and out, McHugh led the league in receiving TDs, an impressive feat. McHugh is a receiving machine, and the wall is coming down!

Defensive Player of the Year - DE Jordan Rogers - I hate to give it to the obvious, but this guy led the league in blocks, hurries, and sacks. That's clearly what a Defensive Player of the Year can do.

Special Teams Player of the Year - SS Chandler Campbell with a ton of special teams tackles, this guy was a great gunner for us, jetting down the field and getting in that early hit. He brought the target down a ton of times and was 5th best in the league.

Rookie of the Year: WR Percy Albany - If I chose anyone else I'd be taking stupid pills. He had a ton of receiving yards, scores, and influence. Good job Albany!

Heart Award: WLB Caleb Hailey, this UFA came onto our team, grabbed a sack and a pick before being injured and dropped from the active folks for a good long time. He came on the team and helped us out. Thanks Hailey!

Old 12-02-2015, 04:43 PM   #498
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

"The Teal Curtain Falls
by Roderick Blake

As the Jaguars celebrate a improbable 19-0 season and the Super Bowl that came with it, and a serious acknowledgement of the gilded stats that come with it, the accolades tend to be on either the entire passing offense, or on a few key players on defense like McKnight, Rogers, and Greene.

But that's not really the whole story. The Jags didn't just beat their foes with a sky high offense. They only allowed 264 points this season. That's the fewest points allowed by any team this year. Just one game all year, the Colts in Indianapolis, had a final score of less than a TD, and only one other had a 7 point spread. Everyone else was dropped all over football nation.

So don't forget that this is not just a good defense. It's a great one. It's a smothering one. And layered on top is one of the best passing attacks of all time. It's just not fair.

And there is a simple reason for this. The front four. The Teal Curtain.

The GM of the Jaguars has been open about focusing on one key thing when assembling a passing offense. He has the best QB in football, Hoffman blasting defenses all over with players like Adrian McHugh, Maxwell Poffensorth and now Percy Albany. No one has three corners or safeties in the league good enough to cover all three. All three are arguably in the top 10 pass catchers in the league. What defense has three defensive backs in the same measure.

So if opposing teams can't match the Jaguars with their coverage, then that leaves just one option. Pass to keep up. Don't let the Jaguars get to you. And that's where the Jaguars are focused. Stopping the pass.

Their D Line was built for dropping the QB. they were born for it. Zimmerman led the league for sacks from the DT spot, and DE Jordan Rogers has dominated again. In addition to getting the Super Bowl MVP, he also was Defensive Player of the Week three times. No one had more sacks, more blocked passes, or more QB hurries. That's what Rogers does. In just 6 seasons, with 84 sacks, no other active player has more sacks.

And DE Andres Aikman across from Rogers just finished his 3rd season. After a slow start as a rookie, Aikman has come into his own with 21 sacks in the last two seasons, and he is pressuring the QB as well. And even DT Zachary Stevenson has done a great job at finding the holes and getting through the single team he always gets.

Much like the receivers, you have Rogers, the best DE in football, and Aikman, probably a top 5 guy. Zimmerman is a top 5 DT and Stevenson a top 20 one. So again, the issue is who can you stop? If you double block Rogers, then Aikman is singled. Zimmerman is down. And so forth. These guys are a powerful force of pass-rushing.

A classic football strategy against great rushing like this is to run the ball. But you can't run the ball to play catch up with the passing offense. By keying in on finding and selecting key talent, the Jaguars have created one of the best Defensive Lines in football, celebrating their 2nd consecutive Super Bowl, and first undefeated season. They were 18-1 last year, and 19-0 this one.

In fact, the quadfecta of these players notched 41 sacks this year. There are some teams that don't have that many sacks from all of their players. But just the front four of the Jags did that to people. These four have been together for three years, starting ever since Aikman was picked.

There's only one major player on the team that the Jaguars did not draft, CB Greene. So credit has to be given to the GM for finding and grabbing such great talent on both side of the ball to have this sort of the season. The Teal Curtain Falls."

Old 12-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #499
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of Season:

Team Performance - 90
Franchise Value - 100
Profit - 97
Roster - 23

90 year End Score

We made 360 mill last year

6th best stadium
4th best roster
5th best support
12th worst economy
1.986 billion franchise value

None of the Jags retire.

We have two major QB retirements:

QB Ray Ellard, 16 years, 49k yards, 306:209 scores - always a solid guy for the Dolphins

QB Ray McGuire - 16 years, 2 Rings, Retires as Legend of the Game, 61273 yards, 346:202

TE Brock Hughes and TE Irv Osborne were both 4 time All Pros

RT Brant Matthews - Drafted by us and played for us for 9 years, 8 of them starting, retires.

DT Clarence Kennedy retires, 4 time All Pro, 64 sacks total - which is strong for a DT.

DT Casey Corgi, 3 all pro, 67.5 sacks

Here's a big one:

SLB Gustavo Gibley, 4 All Pros, 1 Defensive Player of teh Year, 69 sacks, 8 picks,

Those are the major ones. Would not be surprised to see one or both DTs, the SLB and Ray McG in the Hall later on.

Speaking of teh hall, get ready:

The 2036 Hall fo Fame Class:

QB Logan Thomas
DT Calvin Stacy
SLB Kyle Abrams
FL Jameson Pryor
SLB Leon Chaves

and

with 100% of teh vote, and with his jersey retired (#86) - only five players in the recent history of he Hall have a 100% vote rate - QB Blake Bortles, QB Peyton Manning, QB Aaron Rogers, TE Rob Grontowksi and...

WR Joshua Wild - 4 Super Bowl rings, 7 time All Pro, Twice league fastest man, 1227 catches, 17685 yards, 129 scores,

The future is Wild

Old 12-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #500
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Coaching draft time:

i retain my Head Coach, Strength and Assist HC.

Staff draft time, we pick 2nd

I hire the Denver OC as our OC. He was a bit better. Claude Sewell. In all other cases , our coach is better than the rest of the field by at least a good 4 or 5 points

Here's my FA challenge:

I have these players up:

WR Adrian McHugh is out of his rookie deal
CB Cary Greene
K Harris Parrish
RB Derrick Borden
OT Hector Johnston

I franchise tag McHugh

I hit FA