Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(Interactive Playtest) MFC: The Ultimate FOFC Fighter

Ok, I'm going to be doing a playtest of the MMA board sim game I created over in the GD forum (http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=53098)

I'd like to have some fun doing it, so I'm creating an Interactive Dynasty: The Maximum Fighting Championship is holding an Ultimate Fighter competition to crown it's first champion. Think you got what it takes to step into the Hexagon? The first weight class will be the Light Heavyweights (up to 205 pounds). If we get a ton of interest I'll create a second weight class

Then create a 70 Point Character based off the following stats

Name:
Height:
Weight:
Style:

Main (up to 20)

Punch
Kick
Defense
Takedown
Submission

Secondary (up to 10)
Stamina
Shock

Your stats MAY go up during the competition and training, (and if you're unlucky, might go down)

Good luck

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gotta go back with the man.

Name: Rob Nielsen
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 179
Style: Capoiera

Punch: 1
Kick: 20
Defense: 8
Takedown: 17
Submission: 10

Stamina: 7
Shock: 7

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 10-02-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #3
marshall881
Mascot

Name: Roy Torres
Height:6-1
Weight:200
Style:Ground and Pound

Main

Punch 15
Kick 4
Defense 10
Takedown 15
Submission 10

Secondary
Stamina 8
Shock 8
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Cool, got ya both
Old 10-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Name: Owen Hunter
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 205
Style: GnP

Main

Punch 17
Kick 5
Defense 10
Takedown 16
Submission 7

Secondary
Stamina 9
Shock 6
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Name: Riley Navraj
Height: 6'
Weight: 202
Style: GnP

Main

Punch 13
Kick 5
Defense 12
Takedown 8
Submission 17

Secondary
Stamina 9
Shock 6
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gotcha, Sublime and Neuq.. that's 4 of the 8 spots for Light Heavyweights left.. if we get any more interest then that, we'll go with a Middleweight group
Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #8
JeffNights
College Prospect

Name: Jeff Nights
Height: 5"10
Style: Hapkido

Main (up to 20)

Punch7
Kick 1
Defense 20
Takedown 10
Submission 15

Secondary (up to 10)
Stamina 10
Shock 7
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:21 AM   #9
JeffW
High School Varsity

Name: Donald Donaldson
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 205 Pounds
Style: Boxing/Freestyle Wrestling

Main

Punch 15
Kick 1
Defense 16
Takedown 20
Submission 1

Secondary

Stamina 10
Shock 7

Last edited by JeffW : 10-04-2006 at 03:52 AM.
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Jeff: You have to have at least 1 in all stats, but I can drop a stat oone point for you, sorry I didn't make that clear.

But we have six slots filled, two more
Old 10-03-2006, 05:07 AM   #11
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Name: Caesar Galamificon
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 180
Style: Ground and pound

Punch 15
Kick 5
Defense 9
Takedown 9
Submission 15

Stamina 9
Shock 8

Think that's right. Is it?

Last edited by Poli : 10-03-2006 at 05:14 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:43 AM   #12
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yup! you're spot #7, so once we get one more, we'll start the Light Heavyweight Competition (and taking applications for the Middleweights)
Old 10-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #13
Travis
Pro Rookie

Name: Jace Hunter
Height: 6'2
Style: Muay Thai

Main
Punch 17
Kick 17
Defense 19
Takedown 1
Submission 1

Secondary
Stamina 9
Shock 6

Last edited by Travis : 10-05-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:41 AM   #14
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Capoeira vs Muay Thai. Rock.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:46 AM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I'll post up the first week of the Ultimate FOFC Fighter later today, and set up the teams
Old 10-03-2006, 11:25 AM   #16
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This is Week One of the Ultimate FOFC Fighter.

I have broken down the teams as follows:

Team Maximum Damage
Jace Hunter
Donald Donaldson
Roy Torres
Owen Hunter

Team Flawless Victory
Caesar Galamificon
Jeff Nights
Riley Navraj
Rob Nielsen

The Week 1 challenge will determine which team will select the fighters for our first elimination fight. Thereafter, control will go to the team that won the last elimination fight.

Each week, you will have an opportunity to train up ONE stat. You do this by either IM'ing me or posting in this thread which stat you want to train on. The better your stat is, the less chance you have of improving it.

The winners of each fight advance to the next round, so if Jeff Nights wins the first elimination fight, he's safe until the semi final rounds begin.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Day 4: The first few days have been hell, the trainers and coaches have been running through you through some of the hardest workouts that you've ever been through, to try to break your spirit. But the 8 of you have survived, and you're only a couple days away from two of you entering the MFC Hexagon (not to be confused with the UFC Octagon ) and one man advancing to the semi finals.

Today's challenge will be the Fire Fighters Lift and Carry challenge. Each team will select three fighters who will need to lift a mannequin, carry it down five flights of stairs without falling, they will go up and do it again. Once all three members carry two mannequins down the stairs, the fourth member will begin, and he will lift and carry the mannequin up the flights of stairs. he repeats this until all six mannequins are back at the starting point.

The first team to successfully complete this challenge will get control of who fights in the first elimination fight. Good luck.

(team members, decide amongst yourself in this thread or via PM, who will be the member of your team to carry the mannequins UP the stairs (definitely the harder part).

Once that's decided, or tonight at 8PM, I will run the contest. That team then will have 24 hours to decide who fights first (one member from each team)
Old 10-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #18
marshall881
Mascot

Donaldson has the best Stamina from Team Maximum Damage.
I nominate him to carry the mannequins back up the stairs.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #19
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall881 View Post
Donaldson has the best Stamina from Team Maximum Damage.
I nominate him to carry the mannequins back up the stairs.

Seconded
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:03 PM   #20
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

since noone from Team Flawless Victory has posted yet, I'll run the event in the morning, and give the winning team the 24 hours to come up with their choice of matchups then.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #21
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sorry, meant to post on this when I got home, and failed miserably.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #22
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And I hereby nominate Jeff Nights to do the leg work here.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #23
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Jeff is fine by me.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #24
JeffNights
College Prospect

Thanks Guys.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #25
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Word. Go Jeff!
Old 10-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, here's the order:

Maximum Damage

Down The Stairs
Roy Torres
Jace Hunter
Owen Hunter

Up the Stairs
Donald Donaldson

Team Flawless Victory:
Riley Navraj
Caesar Galamificon
Rob Nielsen

Up the Stairs:
Jeff Nights

Will write it up in the morning, and then the winning team will have 24 hours to select who fights.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #27
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sorry guys, I'm on holidays this week, so my access is a little spottier than normal, but I'll do what I can to get on and keep up with this on a somewhat regular schedule.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 AM   #28
JeffW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Jeff: You have to have at least 1 in all stats, but I can drop a stat oone point for you, sorry I didn't make that clear.

But we have six slots filled, two more

Okay, I edited my fighter... always gotta squeeze out those last advantages if I can. hehe
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:33 AM   #29
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Control Challenge - Part I

The First two fighters (Roy Torres and Riley Navraj) line up at the starting line.. and at the sound of the horn, are off like a shot. Roy is slightly ahead at the top of the stairs, and both fighters lift their first mannequin up im a modified fireman's carry. Then it's a five flight trip down the stairs, trying NOT to let the mannequin's weight unbalance them, and down to the ground floor.

Torres slightly widens his lead as Navraj has to adjust the Mannequin to keep it from slipping off his shoulder, and the lead is about 3 seconds when they drop the first mannequins off at the bottom.

Torres is sweating as he tries to open the lead up on the 2nd time through, but Navraj holds tough, and the lead is no bigger when they make it down to the bottom of the scaffolding the 2nd time around, and tag their partners.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #30
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Control Challenge - Part II

Jace Hunter goes second for Maximum Damage, while Caesar Galamificon goes for Flawless Victory. Hunter has a slight advantage thanks to his teammate, but Caesar goes full blast, taking the last couple of flights of stairs two at a time and eliminating the gap.

The two are neck and neck carrying the first mannequin down, and the thud of the mannequins hitting the ground is near simultaneous. The two head back up for the 2nd mannequin, neck and neck.

on the way down Galamificon seems to stumble midway down, and Hunter tries to press the advantage, but he too stumbles, and he's unable to keep his balancing, tumbling down a half flight of stairs and coming to a rest at the landing, trying to catch his breath.

Galamificon is all the way down to the bottom and has tagged his team's third fighter, before Hunter, dazed, and left leg bleeding slightly from the abrasions caused by his fall, can lift the mannequin and slowly makes his way down to the bottom, where he tags his teammate, and the trainers immediately check him out...
Old 10-04-2006, 09:03 AM   #31
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Control Challenge - Part III

Things look bad for Team Maximum Damage, as Flawless Victory's Rob Nielsen is all the way to the top and has picked up his mannequin and is on the way down, before Owen Hunter can even start, a lead of a good 45 seconds or so. Hunter does his best to cut the gap down, and he manages to do so, cutting a good four seconds off the gap with the best time of any of the downstairs carriers, but Flawless Victory's Jeff Nights has about a 40 second advantage on Maximum Damage's Donald Donaldson entering the final part of the challenge.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #32
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Control Challenge - Part IV (Final)

Nights seems to have this one in the bag, as Donaldson would have to make up more then SIX seconds each and every time up the scaffolding to make it close, so he seems to be slower, and more methodical, avoiding slip ups, and playing it safe.

Donaldson however has nothing to lose by going all out. If he falls, well, they're going to lose anyway.. so he's going all out, thundering down the steps after bringing up the first one, his feet nearly a blur.

The gap has shortened to 36 seconds after the two make it down the first time.

Nights NEARLY drops the mannequin and has to reset his grip near the bottom on his second trip, and Donaldson continues to bridge the gap, knocking TEN seconds off the gap. (+0:26)

Donaldson knocks one more second off the gap next time up, taking stairs two at a time even with the heavy mannequin on his shoulders, but it looks like Nights has regained his confidence. (0:25)

However, disaster strikes as on his way up the first flight of stairs, Nights stumbles, and drops the mannequin which hits the stairs and rolls back to the ground! With a horrified look on his face, he races back down and picks it up, but Donaldson has closed the gap , and Nights nearly insurmountable lead is completely gone when they get to the top.. (:02)

The fifth round is close, but Donaldson continues his onslaught, and actually has a slight LEAD as they drop the mannequins at the top! (donaldson +:01)

However, Nights is now going full out, and the two are nearly in sychronized motion as they hit the bottom and shoulder the last mannequin. Both teams are screaming their head off as they race up the scaffolding, sweat pouring off their bodies. It's on who has that little bit extra left in them, and Donaldson stumbles just a little bit, exhausted from going all out for too long, and that's just enough for Nights to drop the sixth mannequin and hit the airhorn for a win by team Flawless Victory!

Flawless Victory wins by :02!

Flawless Victory, that means you have the choice. Determine via discussion in this thread via PM, which two fighters (one from each team) will be fighting in the first elimination fight. If we get the decision by 8 PM EDT I will ask fighters for their strategy overnight.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #33
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Flawwwwlessssss Vicccttoooorryy!
Old 10-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #34
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Jace Hunter is (relatively) ok, with his leg wrapped to allow healing, but no permanent injuries.

training updates will take place before the fight.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #35
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Word!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:01 AM   #36
Travis
Pro Rookie

Son of a.....

Sorry guys.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:28 PM   #37
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yikes, a bit too close but I'll take it!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:48 AM   #38
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Since our guys seem to be afraid to fight.

Rob Nielsen the supreme overlord will take on Jace Hunter. Muay Thai is inferior.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #39
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Initial Weigh In:

Rob Neilsen: 181 Pounds
Jace Hunter: 206 Pounds (1 pound overweight, which is allowable under Nevada State laws)
Old 10-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #40
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a fight.

Strategy cards or basic strategy details due by 9 PM tommorrow. The weekend will see the fight
Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #41
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Now I gotta read how actually to do strategy.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #42
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's an example strategy card
(on a d100 roll)
Standing
Jab - 01-35
Power Punch 36-50
Kick (Leg) 51-55
Clinch 56-60
Shoot 61-65
Block 66-80
Counter 81-95
Rest 96-00

Ground Offense
Ground n'Pound 01-60
Improve Position 61-80
Submission 81-85
Rest 86-100

Ground Defense
Improve Position 01-30
Block Ground and Pound 31-60
Block Submission 61-75
Reversal 76-100
Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 AM   #43
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

One thing I'm unclear on. Are power kicks officially Removed, or are they still in?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #44
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Power Kicks are removed
Old 10-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #45
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, got the fight strategies. Will do the fight tonight.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:26 PM   #46
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, the rules are two five minute rounds. If we're tied after two rounds then we will have a Sudden Victory third round. The rule for judges will be used.

The third man in the Hexagon is Dean Roberts. Judges are Ted Gunderson, Nary MccOy and Dan Boston

Are you ready...

(Nielsen nods)

Are you ready..

(Hunter nods)

FIGHT!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #47
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Round 1:

The two fighters touch gloves and circle each other, with Hunter moving surprisingly well, despite the fact his leg is still bandaged after his fall in the challenge.. Hunter seems to be loading up for a power punch, but Nielsen ducks under, and shoots for a double leg takedown. Hunter tries to sprawl, but Nielsen powers him down for a takedown!

Hunter has Nielsen in the guard position, and Nielsen tries to hit Hunter a couple times, but it's obvious from the start that Nielsen is just NOT going to pummel Jace Hunter into oblivion.

Hunter dodges a couple more weak punches from Nielsen and manages to twist his way to a kneeling position, and Nielsen is forced to disengage.

The two circle each other back in a standing position, and Hunter throws a jab out there that sneaks past Nielsen's guard, doing minimal damage, but it's the first punch landed so far..

However Nielsen sets himself and lands a hard front kick right on the bandaged leg, and maybe Hunter's leg ISN'T 100 percent because he's definitely circling a bit slower on that one..

Hunter is happy to fight on the outside, apparently waiting for some feeling to come back in his back leg. Nielsen attempts another takedown, but can't finish and Hunter backpedals until his back is against the Hexagon fence.

Nielsen realizes that he's not going to be able to finish the takedown and pushes himself away, but Hunter has the correct distance and lands a hard right hook and lands solidly on Nielsen's chin.. a good shot!

Thinking that he has Nielsen stunned, Hunter comes off the fence, and tries an uppercut, but Nielsen ducs it, and lands a hard kick to Hunter's side, which is partially blocked by Hunter's arm

Hunter tries again to find the correct distance to land a big shot, but Nielsen beats him to the punch, well, so to speak, and shoots in with another double leg takedown.

Nielsen is a bit short of breath, as he hasn't really taken any breaks this round, and his punches are even weaker this time around. He takes advantage of the position to get some rest, and it's not a surprise to see Hunter force his way out to standup once again.

Nielsen is trying to measure Hunter for another takedown, but finds himself not keeping the proper distance, and Hunter nearly takes his head off with a big leaping hook, and follows it up with a hard cross!

Nielsen clinches, and tries to take Hunter down in the final seconds, but the two are still standing at the bell sounding the end of round 1!

Turns won: Hunter 5, Nielsen 4 (3 drawn)
Damage Done: Hunter 9, Nielsen 2
Stat Losses (Hunter has lost 4 points from Defense, and 2 Points from Punch)
Stamina between rounds: Hunter 0, Nielsen -2

if I was scoring it, it's close, but I think despite the two takedowns, Nielsen hasn't been able to do much (*if you have a Punch of 1, GnP isn't gonna get you much as the rules now stand*) , and Hunter has been loading up on his punches so far.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-05-2006 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #48
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Round 2: The fighters touch gloves again before the final scheduled round.

Hunter again is measuring Nielsen for a powerful punch, and Nielsen beats him to the action yet again, shooting in for his THIRD takedown of the night. Hunter appears calm, looking to block punches that never show up, as Nielsen looks to plan out his next strategy.

Nielsen manages to improve to half guard, as he looks to find a way past Jace's defenses. it's a struggle, as Nielsen goes for the full mount position (the better to rain down punches or go for a submission), but while Hunter can't get Nielsen back to the guard, he doesn't seem any worse off.

Nielsen goes for an armbar, and Hunter tries to sneak out the back door, but has to lock his hands to prevent Nielsen from locking on the armbar.. Nielsen is beginning to look more confident on the ground..

Finally, Rob gets back in the half guard position and goes for the GnP, and it's just... not... working..

Finally giving up on the punches, Nielsen continues to work hard, and looks to have the mount position, and Hunter's starting to look a bit worried as he attempts to figure a way out of this..
Old 10-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #49
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Again, Nielsen goes for the arm bar, and VERY nearly has it locked in, and Hunter's forced to give up the initiative, turning in towards Nielsen as he tries to avoid his arm being dislocated, and is definitely beginning to look damaged..

Nielsen's punches from the mount, which aren't good to start with, were even weaker as he looks completely tired, chest heaving as he tries to get some oxygen back in the system. Nielsen changes tactics and goes for the arm again, but Hunter manages to wriggle out slightly, and Nielsen has to grab Hunter and keep him in half guard, although a clearly tired Nielsen is able to pass guard again and get full mount.

Hunter is obviously tired, as even Nielsen's weak and wild punches are able to get through, and cause a bit of damage...

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-05-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In the final minute of the round, Hunter again feels Nielsen going for the arm bar, and attempts to preemptively turn in towards Nielsen to prevent the arm from being grabbed, but that ios JUST what Nielsen was waiting for and he gets the rear mount, the most dominating position in Mixed Martial arts, and he has about 40 seconds left to go for a finish!!!