Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #201
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I am pretty sure Self said they would never schedule any of the teams that left the Big 12 and that he had nothing against Mizzou but more against those that left the conference. Seems pretty obvious less than a year later that he was full of shit.

There you go, that is the missing info, which MBBF didn't mention in his post. I didn't know Self said that. Now it makes more sense.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #202
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
There you go, that is the missing info, which MBBF didn't mention in his post. I didn't know Self said that. Now it makes more sense.

Note the "pretty sure" part of my post as well though.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #203
Izulde
Head Coach

UConn's Roscoe Smith transfers to UNLV. Absolutely love what Rice is building with the Runnin' Rebels. Now if we can finally start getting some deeper tournament runs...

UConn transfer Roscoe Smith headed to UNLV - CBSSports.com

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #204
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Note the "pretty sure" part of my post as well though.

You know it's bad when a Duke grad starts posting the hypocrisy of the scheduling move.

Quote:
Jay Bilas?@JayBilas

Kansas and Colorado to play hoop again: Kansas Jayhawk Basketball to revive series with Colorado Buffalos in 2012-2013 - Topeka Kansas Jayhawks Basketball | Examiner.com Wait, didn't CU bolt the Big 12? If KU grad does it, it's cool? But not Mizzou?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

UGA's second leading returner scorer & rebounder will probably be missing some games after getting busted for possession over the weekend.
UGA basketball player Donte’ Williams arrested for marijuana possession | UGA sports blog

The body of the story has the kicker though

Quote:
According to a preliminary police report, Atlanta police officers had just pulled into the Zone Two police station in the mall parking lot when a black Dodge Charger with the personalized license plate of “DWILLS15″ drove by. Officer Sauderan reported smelling “an extremely strong odor of burning marijuana coming from this vehicle.” After the Charger parked in a space “right next to an Atlanta Police patrol car,” the officer approached the vehicle on foot to investigate.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-29-2012 at 04:46 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #206
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
You know it's bad when a Duke grad starts posting the hypocrisy of the scheduling move.

Good article from Yahoo on conference realignment. I found this tidbit especially insightful.

Passing the Blame

To: Select donors, boosters and alumni
Date: Nov. 5, 2011

Well, it's been an eventful time at ol' Mizzou. I know we screwed up the move to the Big Ten, and after that we had to do the low-belly crawl back to the Big 12 and make a sincere pledge of long-term loyalty to the league. But guess what? The Southeastern Conference just called, and they'll take us as a sidekick to Texas A&M! So forget all that loyalty talk and start practicing your southern accents. We're outta here.

If anyone asks about the move, say it's a 100-year decision based on what's best for our institution. Then blame everyone who has left for dangerously destabilizing the Big 12 and leaving us with little choice. Then blame Kansas for being sore realignment losers and refusing to schedule us anymore. And if any of you kept my 2010 email outlining the talking points of why the Big Ten was the perfect cultural, academic and geographic fit for Missouri, please delete that immediately.

I know some of you have expressed concern about our ability to compete in the SEC, but think of it this way: We'll be rich, even if we're not anywhere near as successful as we've been in the Big 12. Now until those SEC revenue checks start flowing in, please donate to our ambitious campaign to upgrade all our sports programs.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #207
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Butler Bulldogs' move to Atlantic 10 now set for this season - ESPN

Butler is moving to the A10 this year rather than waiting a year, since the Horizon voted after the fact to pull a CAA and prevent them from playing for conference titles.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #208
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am pretty sure Self said they would never schedule any of the teams that left the Big 12 and that he had nothing against Mizzou but more against those that left the conference. Seems pretty obvious less than a year later that he was full of shit.

I've never heard Bill Self utter those words Panerd. In fact, he's even acknowledged that the Missouri series could potentially get renewed at some point based on the leadership at Kansas.

"The next coach may play [Missouri]," Self said. "The next president, the next A.D. may force me to play."

There is a big difference between scheduling Colorado for a two game set and Missouri for an on-going series. Do I think Kansas and Missouri will eventually play a one or two game set? I do. I don't think you'll ever see an annual series though until leadership changes. Personally, I'm ok with that. Now that both schools are in different conferences the Border War is meaningless.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #209
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Now that both schools are in different conferences the Border War is meaningless.

Which of course is a ridiculous assertion. There are plenty of heated rivalries in college basketball which are only played once a year.

Let's get real here. They scheduled Colorado because they're scheduling two home games (and two easy wins) in that series against what amounts to a mid-major program. One game in Lawrence and one in Boulder. They're not going to schedule Mizzou because there's a good chance they'll lose every other year in that series and can't stand the thought of Mizzou having bragging rights for a full year.

Edit: I'll add that the KU-KSU series should take on added meaning now. With that said, I'm not sure anyone outside of Kansas will care.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-30-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #210
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've never heard Bill Self utter those words Panerd. In fact, he's even acknowledged that the Missouri series could potentially get renewed at some point based on the leadership at Kansas.

"The next coach may play [Missouri]," Self said. "The next president, the next A.D. may force me to play."

There is a big difference between scheduling Colorado for a two game set and Missouri for an on-going series. Do I think Kansas and Missouri will eventually play a one or two game set? I do. I don't think you'll ever see an annual series though until leadership changes. Personally, I'm ok with that. Now that both schools are in different conferences the Border War is meaningless.

Go look up anything Self said in all the years he was at Illinois about the St. Louis braggin rights rivalry. He is just spouting the KU administration line. He certainly has the right to do that and Missouri has no ground to stand on after leaving for the SEC. But to claim that the game is meaningless because it is non-conference and not sour grapes is really drinking the KU kool-aid. And sorry but I had to go dig this one up just for grins...

Quote:
I'd love to see the Border War on TV every season like the basketball games. That would be some great college football.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #211
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Which of course is a ridiculous assertion. There are plenty of heated rivalries in college basketball which are only played once a year.

Let's get real here. They scheduled Colorado because they're scheduling two home games (and two easy wins) in that series against what amounts to a mid-major program. One game in Lawrence and one in Boulder. They're not going to schedule Mizzou because there's a good chance they'll lose every other year in that series and can't stand the thought of Mizzou having bragging rights for a full year.

Edit: I'll add that the KU-KSU series should take on added meaning now. With that said, I'm not sure anyone outside of Kansas will care.

Actually, Colorado had a very strong year last year and picked up a well-regarded recruiting class. They are receiving Pac 12 money.

Not saying Kansas won't beat Colorado, but you classifying that program as "mid major" is crazy stupid.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #212
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Actually, Colorado had a very strong year last year and picked up a well-regarded recruiting class. They are receiving Pac 12 money.

Not saying Kansas won't beat Colorado, but you classifying that program as "mid major" is crazy stupid.

Colorado had a good year because the Pac-12 was that bad. That team was on par with Nebraska as a basketball program. The fact that Nebraska moved and continued to lose while Colorado moved and rocketed to the top part of that conference speaks volumes about the two conferences they moved to.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #213
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Colorado had a good year because the Pac-12 was that bad. That team was on par with Nebraska as a basketball program. The fact that Nebraska moved and continued to lose while Colorado moved and rocketed to the top part of that conference speaks volumes about the two conferences they moved to.

2012 NCAA Tournament Wins:

Colorado - 1
Missouri - 0
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #214
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
2012 NCAA Tournament Wins:

Colorado - 1
Missouri - 0

There you have it.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #215
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They're not going to schedule Mizzou because there's a good chance they'll lose every other year in that series and can't stand the thought of Mizzou having bragging rights for a full year.

Just picking an easy year, 2000, to calculate from, it seems like it would be a loss once every 4 years. Who, besides you, would think that Missouri would beat Kansas 50% of the time? Historically, it is probably about 35% of the time at best, right?

Most recently it is 6 out of 7.
or 11 out of 13.
In 21 years, Missouri has won twice in Lawrence.

Why do you think there is a good chance they would lose every other year? Are they going to play 3 times a year and lose one out of 6?

Edited to add, Anybody know how coloardo fared in the last decade vs. Kansas?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Last edited by Marmel : 05-30-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #216
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There you have it.

Yeah, that proves your point, lol.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #217
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

You are kidding yourself if you think the Border War non-conference match-up will be equal to the historical conference battles between the two. Would there still be a rivalry of sorts? Sure. But it most definitely would be a watered down version with no conference honor at stake.

Colorado is not an easy win and gave Kansas all they could handle their last year in the Big 12. In fact, the last time Colorado was in the Big 12 they went 8-8 in the conference. The same as Missouri. I'm not saying Colorado is a blue blood in college basketball, but former Jayhawk Tad Boyle has them going in the right direction.

Missouri will win every other year? Is that a guarantee because I'm pretty sure the overall record between Kansas and Missouri is heavily favored to Kansas (172-95). My math may be wrong, but it seems like that is much more than your "every other year" prediction.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #218
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The Pac-12 was bad, yes, but fact of the matter is, Colorado has some solid players coming back and added the #22 rated recruiting class per Scout. They are in a conference where they will get big time money and will now be able to recruit California much better because of the Pac 12 connection.

The Pac 12 itself is about to get much better again, with the talent they are adding to the league, and with Arizona and UCLA bringing in two of the top three classes in the country.

Colorado is looking at being a fairly solid team for the next 2-3 years and if the coach builds on it, they can continue to be a solid program for a while.

But you call them a "mid major". This just goes to show what happens when you speak out of your ass instead of doing any research.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #219
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, that proves your point, lol.

I know where he's coming from. You see, Colorado's shitty conference led to them being awarded an inflated 11 seed, which matched them up against a meager UNLV squad. Missouri got screwed by the selection committee, unfairly got the 2 seed, which matched them up against "the would-be Pac 12 champs if the rest of the conference wasn't scared to let them in" Norfolk State instead of getting MSU's favorable Brooklyn draw.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #220
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Go look up anything Self said in all the years he was at Illinois about the St. Louis braggin rights rivalry. He is just spouting the KU administration line. He certainly has the right to do that and Missouri has no ground to stand on after leaving for the SEC. But to claim that the game is meaningless because it is non-conference and not sour grapes is really drinking the KU kool-aid. And sorry but I had to go dig this one up just for grins...

I said the game was meaningless...not Bill Self. Now that Missouri has left the conference, the rivalry is meaningless to me. That doesn't mean it doesn't mean something to you, but for me it loses the luster it once had. It becomes a shell of the Border War in which we play in one sport with nothing on the line. The best part of the Border War this year was to the fight for conference supremacy right? That's why it was such a big game nationally. That has now been taken out of the equation and becomes a non-conference opponent with very little on the line. Personally, I'd rather see the two teams meet up in the NCAA tournament every three to five years versus an annual match-up that will fade over time.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #221
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I know where he's coming from. You see, Colorado's shitty conference led to them being awarded an inflated 11 seed, which matched them up against a meager UNLV squad. Missouri got screwed by the selection committee, unfairly got the 2 seed, which matched them up against "the would-be Pac 12 champs if the rest of the conference wasn't scared to let them in" Norfolk State instead of getting MSU's favorable Brooklyn draw.

To add insult to injury, Norfolk State estimates crowd size numbers, instead of using actual turnstile counts.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #222
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The young Longhorns team (all Freshmen and Sophomores) is going to get a trial by fire in the non-conference portion of their schedule that was released today:

Nov. 9 Fresno State
Nov. 12 Coppin State
Nov. 19-21 Maui Invitational
Nov. 27 Sam Houston State
Dec. 1 Texas-Arlington
Dec. 4 Georgetown, Jimmy V Classic, Madison Square Garden, New York
Dec. 8 UCLA, Reliant Stadium, Houston
Dec. 15 Texas State
Dec. 19 North Carolina
Dec. 22 at Michigan State
Dec. 29 Rice

I'm looking forward to the North Carolina game in Austin. Radii, if you can manage to make it out, I can probably swing a ticket or two...

Last edited by cartman : 05-30-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #223
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I said the game was meaningless...not Bill Self. Now that Missouri has left the conference, the rivalry is meaningless to me. That doesn't mean it doesn't mean something to you, but for me it loses the luster it once had. It becomes a shell of the Border War in which we play in one sport with nothing on the line. The best part of the Border War this year was to the fight for conference supremacy right? That's why it was such a big game nationally. That has now been taken out of the equation and becomes a non-conference opponent with very little on the line. Personally, I'd rather see the two teams meet up in the NCAA tournament every three to five years versus an annual match-up that will fade over time.

No Bill Self also said it was meaningless since it isn't a conference game. He also said there was no reason to play teams that left the Big 12. (Obviously a year later Colorado is the one of the tiny number of 300+ Div I NCAA teams who are dying to play Kansas. Then of course I realize why KU would back off the stance of not playing teams that left the Big 12. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Self
"To me, we've got to beat them to win the league. That game carries league significance. That's what makes that game so important. Playing them once a year? I personally don't feel the significance of it as much"

Last edited by panerd : 05-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #224
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
To add insult to injury, Norfolk State estimates crowd size numbers, instead of using actual turnstile counts.

It was fun taking the Big 12 basketball and baseball titles on the way out the door. What was the football/basketball/baseball head to head this year? Like 8-1?
Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #225
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
It was fun taking the Big 12 basketball and baseball titles on the way out the door. What was the football/basketball/baseball head to head this year? Like 8-1?

Tournament titles, not regular season. Even with that nice finish for Mizzou, you ended up on the losing end of match-ups with Texas 67% in the Big 12 era. In any event, congrats. The baseball and basketball tourney titles broke your last place tie with K State for fewest conference championships.

Big 12 Conference titles by school (List of Big 12 Conference champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Texas - 115 (122 including 7 football division championships)
Texas A&M - 53 (56 including 3 football division championships)
Baylor - 47
Oklahoma State - 44 (44 including 1 football division championship)
Oklahoma - 39 (47 including 8 football division championships)
Kansas - 25 (25 including 1 football division championship)
Iowa State - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)
Texas Tech - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)
Missouri - 9 (12 including 3 football division championships)
Kansas State - 7 (11 including 4 football division championships)

Last edited by cartman : 05-30-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #226
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I heard mizzou is going to win the SEC AND Big 12 football titles next season
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

It won't end there. Mizzou has then created its own bowl, which it will play in Columbia. As the winner of the SEC and the Big 12 football titles, it will match its first team O/second team D against its second team O/first team D. The winner will automatically get the BCS trophy, the team will get hookers and blow and Pinkel will become President of the United States.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #228
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post

The orange are coming to Columbia next year. How do you think they are going to do?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #229
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No Bill Self also said it was meaningless since it isn't a conference game. He also said there was no reason to play teams that left the Big 12. (Obviously a year later Colorado is the one of the tiny number of 300+ Div I NCAA teams who are dying to play Kansas. Then of course I realize why KU would back off the stance of not playing teams that left the Big 12. )

I'm glad Bill Self agrees with me then. In my opinion, he's 100% correct. The Border War is a product of the conference battles played in college sports year after year. It's sad that the Border War is no longer alive, but that's at the cost of conference realignment. Same with the Texas and Texas A&M rivlary. The Nebraska and Oklahoma rivalry was killed with the creation of the Big 12. There are numerous rivalries that have disappeared because of conferences and sadly the Border War has joined that list.

Are you certain Bill Self said he would never play a former Big 12 team? Because if you read my quote following the Missouri game in Lawrence he says it is possible they would play Missouri again depending on the leadership. He may have said it at one time, but he then certainly backed off that stance following the Missouri game based on his quote.

I again note that the two game series with Colorado is just that...a series. This is much different than an annual game which is what continuing the Border War would mean.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #230
tarcone
Coordinator

Uthoff down to choosing between Iowa and Iowa State.
Not sure if I want this or not. We will have a couple schollys for that season, but we have a talented player at that position. I guess it would add depth.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #231
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Are you certain Bill Self said he would never play a former Big 12 team?

Yes. They have played the quote numerous times over the past week on both of the major sports radio stations locally. There's little question what he's saying.

Quote:
I again note that the two game series with Colorado is just that...a series. This is much different than an annual game which is what continuing the Border War would mean.

Great. Schedule Mizzou to a 'series'.

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #232
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes. They have played the quote numerous times over the past week on both of the major sports radio stations locally. There's little question what he's saying.

Great. Schedule Mizzou to a 'series'.

Yeah, I won't hold my breath.

Even if he said that at one point in time, he has since gone back on that following the last game against Missouri. You can find the quote in this very thread where he said playing Missouri would be an option if the Kansas leadership wanted it.

Who says Kansas and Missouri don't schedule a two or three game series some time down the line? That's still not the "Border War" as that has seemingly been destroyed by conference realignment.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #233
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Translation:

Schedule someone else for the home opener. MU is going to kick our ass.

Edit: Saw that a UT game in Reliant Stadium has also been scheduled.

UCLA Basketball Schedule: Texas In Reliant Stadium, Missouri In Pauley - SB Nation Los Angeles

UCLA scheduled Indiana State
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #234
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Uthoff down to choosing between Iowa and Iowa State.
Not sure if I want this or not. We will have a couple schollys for that season, but we have a talented player at that position. I guess it would add depth.

*sigh*

I still cannot believe he left. Him and Dekker on the same floor could have been something.

I'm not sure how I feel about him possibly choosing Iowa; I guess it'd be okay as long as the Badgers redeem themselves from getting swept this past season; which essentially cost them 1st place in the Big Ten. And to redeem themselves with Uthoff on the team would make it that much sweeter I guess.

Last edited by mauchow : 06-02-2012 at 10:38 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #235
tarcone
Coordinator

Its official, Jarrod Uthoff to Iowa.

Jarrod Uthoff to play at Iowa | TheGazette
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #236
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Terrible stuff for the KSU family. Bramlage's grandson is killed with his family in a plane crash. The old KSU arena is named after his grandfather.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:25 PM   #237
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great pick up for Mizzou today. Picked up a commit from 2014 4-star PG Anton Beard out of Little Rock, Arkansas. Great fit to step right into Flip Pressey's spot once he graduates. Beat out Arkansas, Baylor, Connecticut, Memphis and Tennessee for his services.

Anton Beard - Yahoo! Sports
Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #238
cartman
Death Herald

A MBBF is facing drug charges.............................

Levi Coolley, facing drug charges, flew with Missouri Tigers - ESPN
Old 06-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #239
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I endorse Levi Cooley!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:36 AM   #240
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Only you would be silly enough to post this as though it was some form of a story. The athletic department learned about the situation two months ago and has been cleared of any wrong-doing. The guy was a bodyguard of a booster, which was the reason he traveled on the plane. The booster is an idiot, but there's nothing to see here. Hence the reason I'm sure Chip will be releasing an expose on the story any day now.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #241
cartman
Death Herald

At least Mizzou is attempting to fit in to the SEC.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #242
cartman
Death Herald

The Columbia Daily Tribune doesn't seem to think this is not a story.

Too close for comfort | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri
Old 06-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #243
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

We support this being major news!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #244
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Only you would be silly enough to post this as though it was some form of a story. The athletic department learned about the situation two months ago and has been cleared of any wrong-doing. The guy was a bodyguard of a booster, which was the reason he traveled on the plane. The booster is an idiot, but there's nothing to see here. Hence the reason I'm sure Chip will be releasing an expose on the story any day now.

What does "cleared of any wrongdoing" mean in this context? I doubt anyone thinks the athletic dept is being funded by a drug dealer. That article said he had contact with players. You're being very naive if you think there was no possibility that a bunch of 20 year old guys, being in contact with a guy who happened to sell drugs, would never have used his services...at Missouri or any school.

And the irony of the "silly" comment...

Last edited by Logan : 06-11-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #245
cartman
Death Herald

You'd think the success that Mizzou athletics had this past year against the Horns might have tempered some of their Texas inferiority complex. Evidently not, when an article posted about someone with close ties to their basketball program being arrested for drug trafficking is rebutted by pics of football players and a throwaway comment about Chip Brown.

Last edited by cartman : 06-11-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #246
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Tournament titles, not regular season. Even with that nice finish for Mizzou, you ended up on the losing end of match-ups with Texas 67% in the Big 12 era. In any event, congrats. The baseball and basketball tourney titles broke your last place tie with K State for fewest conference championships.

Big 12 Conference titles by school (List of Big 12 Conference champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Texas - 115 (122 including 7 football division championships)
Texas A&M - 53 (56 including 3 football division championships)
Baylor - 47
Oklahoma State - 44 (44 including 1 football division championship)
Oklahoma - 39 (47 including 8 football division championships)
Kansas - 25 (25 including 1 football division championship)
Iowa State - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)
Texas Tech - 12 (13 including 1 football division championship)
Missouri - 9 (12 including 3 football division championships)
Kansas State - 7 (11 including 4 football division championships)

Did you count Mizzou's national championships in basketball from that computer guy who redid his rankings in the 90s and declared Mizzou the 1920 and 1921 champions?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #247
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Did you count Mizzou's national championships in basketball from that computer guy who redid his rankings in the 90s and declared Mizzou the 1920 and 1921 champions?

I was waiting for word from Chip Brown on whether or not to include them.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #248
cartman
Death Herald

Also, for those of you keeping score:

People with ties to the Kansas athletic department selling tickets: Great travesty
People with ties to the Mizzou athletic department arrested for drug distribution: non-story

Kansas scheduling basketball games with Colorado: Humorous story
People with ties to the Mizzou athletic department arrested for drug distribution: non-story

Last edited by cartman : 06-11-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #249
Logan
Head Coach

^ That's where I was headed with the "irony" comment.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #250
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
The Columbia Daily Tribune doesn't seem to think this is not a story.

Too close for comfort | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

So you posted as evidence a story that clearly demonstrates that the athletic department already did their due diligence and there were no issues? Well done.