Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

April fools

Well it is April fools day. For some reason this has become a traditional day of pranks at the school I work at. I am so looking forward to the 2nd.

stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm still working on cooking up some good ones for tomorrow.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 10:38 AM   #3
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Re: April fools

Quote:
Originally posted by stkelly52
Well it is April fools day. For some reason this has become a traditional day of pranks at the school I work at. I am so looking forward to the 2nd.

can you get caned for them?
Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 AM   #4
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Actually it is the kids who do all the pranks. The problem is that because they are kids they are irresponsible and often times thier pranks are irresponsible, destructive and/or dangerous (filling the pool with clear glass bottles) or else they are just the same immature pranks that have been being pulled since my dad was a kid. If there was someone with some sane originality it would make it a bit more fun. As it is it is just a nuisance.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:04 AM   #5
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I wonder what Jim's annual prank will be.
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:19 PM   #6
kid_dynamite
Mascot

this girl i know bought a little card thingy from spencers gifts that says "pregnancy test results enclosed". she then put it on a package and mailed it to herself. of course her parents got the package and freaked out. i dont know about that one, just plain cruel.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
Tarkus
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by kid_dynamite
this girl i know bought a little card thingy from spencers gifts that says "pregnancy test results enclosed". she then put it on a package and mailed it to herself. of course her parents got the package and freaked out. i dont know about that one, just plain cruel.

Actually since I have sons I'd say that was a pretty good one (expecially since it's impossible for my sons to have kids at the moment).

Tarkus
Old 03-31-2003, 12:37 PM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

I have an old friend who tries every year to "catch" me, but so far has not yet succeeded. It's even tougher now, since we are not as close. We once were colleagues, and she had many chances throughout the day. Now, if I get a weird phone call or something on April 1, I am pretty quick to suspect she's behind it. They have gotten elaborate in the past.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:40 PM   #9
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quick one to play on your roommates--

Leave a message from "Mr. Wolfe" re: [something you know they will consider important enough to return the call]

then leave the number for the zoo.

Not the funniest prank in the world, but all it takes is looking up the number for the zoo, so there is very little cost to it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:23 PM   #10
STK
H.S. Freshman Team

Last year I told my lady friend I had just been released from jail on bond after a fatal DUI hit and run where I killed a young woman and her unborn child.

I let her cry for a half hour before I said April Fools.
STK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 04:57 PM   #11
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by kid_dynamite

This morning I was actually thinking about a prank where I would e-mail my parents and tell them that they were going to be grandparents again, but not from my sister this time. I would tell them that my girlfriend was pregnant and that we were planning on getting married. But then I thought twice about it and decided it might cause to much of an uproar, even as a joke. I know my parents don't want to even think that I have sex (even though I'm 25)...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #12
Killebrew
H.S. Freshman Team

When I was a kid my folks once told me that Disneyland had burned down. It was at least 15 minutes before they said "April fool!". Yeah, haha, reeeeeeal funny .
Killebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #13
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by STK
Last year I told my lady friend I had just been released from jail on bond after a fatal DUI hit and run where I killed a young woman and her unborn child.

I let her cry for a half hour before I said April Fools.

I love it! That's what April Fool's Day is all about!

I did one sorta similiar a few years back, I had just went through Basic Training and hadn't talked to my best friend since I'd left. So anywho, I gave her a call, and sounded all depressed, told her I couldn't take it anymore, it was just too difficult, and I was going to end it.

Phew, that one was a good laugh.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:39 PM   #14
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I tried to talk my gf into letting me send love letters to her mom via e-mail, but she decided against it.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:53 PM   #15
MrBug708
Head Coach

I got the whole lets plan a trip to Hawaii by my parents
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:06 AM   #16
couriers

While a friend was sleeping on our couch we reset the clocks to 5:30am, which is the time that his alarm goes off for work. We then went to our rooms waiting for his alarm to sound at which time he got up and proceeded to take a shower. While he was in the shower we reset the clocks to 11:30pm, the correct time, and we went down stairs and started watching TV. When he came out of the shower he was a little more than surprised to find out that he still had 6 hours of sleep ahead of him. We him that he had gotten up right in front of us while we were watching a movie and said that he was going to be late for work before jumping in the shower. His account of the situation was much different of course but the look on his face was priceless.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #17
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Today while jogging 2 kids told me that my shoes were untied ,I bent over to tie my shoes but they werent ....and they took a picture and laughed and ran away but I was too embarrased to chase them down .
Old 04-01-2003, 09:44 AM   #18
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

no joke from Jim?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 09:54 AM   #19
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I couldn't find a joke on the solecismic website.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #20
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

In law school, my friends got me pretty good, although I still say that I didn't quite fall for it completely, but I gave it enough credence that I admit they got me. It took the coordination of 3 people to make it sound real.

My friend had recently bought my old computer off of me, and had told me a couple of days earlier that it had been acting wierd. I told him I would come over to look at it on the weekend. Saturday afternoon (April 1), I get a call from two of my friends, asking if I've heard about Patrick's house. I say no. They tell me there's been a fire and he's OK. They tell me that they're going to meet him at the law school to figure our where he might be able to stay until things are worked out. I immediately think of April Fools. Then I get a call from Patrick. And I admit, he did a great acting job. Turns out my computer caught fire and burnt his house down. The clincher was that his dog didn't make it. He was so damn serious and I didn't want to be an ass by claiming it was April Fools if it was really true, so I went along with it. And they got me good. he still tells that damn story to everyone he introduces me to.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #21
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
I couldn't find a joke on the solecismic website.

Jim doesn't love us anymore.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:22 AM   #22
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Bee
Jim doesn't love us anymore.

Jim's a little preoccupied (ahem.....Jim, Jr. if you recall).
Old 04-01-2003, 10:44 AM   #23
QuikSand
lolzcat

Nice link here on the topic:

Museum of Hoaxes

Last edited by QuikSand : 04-01-2003 at 10:45 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #24
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Jim is to busy changing those diapers, hehe!

Actually, April Fools is not until tomorrow.