Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Comey
College Starter

Fundraising: A Small Plea

Hi everyone,

When I was a teacher in New Haven, I was greatly concerned with how my students interacted with one another. This was at all times, but my primary concern was during recess. They simply did not have the social skills to be able to play with one another. They did not possess them.

The reason for this is the neighborhood in which they live, which is filled with drugs, violence, and parents that have to work multiple jobs just to keep their family afloat, does not allow for them to enjoy a regular childhood. This is the case in many communities across the country.

It is because of this that I have decided to try and raise funds for Life Is Good. Their goal is to give communities the resources, whether with equipment or with education provided to those who can make a change in their neighborhood, and help these kids take back their childhood. Their goal is $1m raised this summer. My preliminary goal is $2500, though I want to try to raise $10k. I'd like to try to be 1% of that. I want to do as much as I can. So, it starts now.

I'm not asking for donations, but that you share the link with those who you think would be interested in this cause. People can make up their own minds on whether or not they want to donate, so I won't badger anyone. The link is here:
https://lifeisgoodfestival.fundraise.com/john-comey.

Any donation is accepted and greatly appreciated. It goes to a cause bigger than us.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Great idea - definitely support it and hope it comes good for you
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #3
DanGarion
Coordinator

Good luck on achieving your goal!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Comey
College Starter

Thank you, both, for your generous donations. Every bit helps. I was greatly excited when I got the emails with the news.

Please, continue to spread the word...there are many, many causes worth fighting for. This is one of them. Ideally, I'd love to set up something with PayPal where you can donate $1 (since the LiG website doesn't allow for it), and then I can do a bulk donation...perhaps that can be done. Hmmm....

Last edited by Comey : 06-12-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Comey
College Starter

We have reached $500, and that's just in small preparation stuff, and through friends like Marc and Daniel.

The good folks at LiG made a change, based on a conversation I had with Ben O'Meara, the Director of Good Friendships. You can now donate *any* amount. So, $1 donations are fantastic. If you, or anyone you know, has a spare buck to give to a great cause...well, we hope the power of community can allow its voice to be heard in a big way.

Please, spread the word. Site goes live tomorrow! TeamComey is just getting started!

https://lifeisgoodfestival.fundraise.com/john-comey