Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
cougarfreak
College Starter

Mac users/Iphoto

Ok, can someone point out to me where photo "files" are stored after they are imported from photo stream? Is there a hard copy on my computer somewhere on my computer? I am a on a new macbook pro, and have imported all of my saved photos off of my old computer to iphoto. When I open iphoto they are there. Is it safe to delete the old folder I imported them from? I.E., they are in a folder named "kids pictures". I imported them into iphoto. But now I think they are taking up 2x the hard drive space, and I'd like to delete the original folder if possible.

cougarfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
samifan24
Pro Starter

Did you import the photos to iPhoto or merely add them to iPhoto? The application draws a distinction between the two commands and if you imported them then yes you likely will find duplicates on your HD.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Did you import the photos to iPhoto or merely add them to iPhoto? The application draws a distinction between the two commands and if you imported them then yes you likely will find duplicates on your HD.

Yes, I imported them. Any idea where iphoto "stores" them on the HD?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Yes, I imported them. Any idea where iphoto "stores" them on the HD?

1. Go to Finder and navigate to the username/photos/iPhoto library icon
2. Hold control and click the iPhoto library icon and choose "show package contents"
3. Go to the "originals" folder and you should see your photos divided into folders by year
4. Select the photos you want to view

The alternative is to go into iPhoto and select a photo and choose "show in Finder" from the menu bar.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
1. Go to Finder and navigate to the username/photos/iPhoto library icon
2. Hold control and click the iPhoto library icon and choose "show package contents"
3. Go to the "originals" folder and you should see your photos divided into folders by year
4. Select the photos you want to view

The alternative is to go into iPhoto and select a photo and choose "show in Finder" from the menu bar.

Wow, thanks man. I appreciate it. You saved me a trip to Apple One on One on Saturday. I feel ok deleting my photos from my "original" file that I had copied over from my backup on my cloud drive. They're eating up 20gb on my HD. (I still have them backed up, but I'm kind of anal).

And after I import, or photo stream new photos, I'll just copy and past them to the drive, then upload as a backup.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 04-15-2013 at 07:47 PM.
cougarfreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Wow, thanks man. I appreciate it. You saved me a trip to Apple One on One on Saturday.

No problem. Just PM me if you have any other questions.