Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #1
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

League chat room?

Was just wondering if there would be much interest in a league chat room for trade talk etc... And if so would DC be willing to add one?

JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
muns
Pro Starter

We talked about it a few seasons ago, and Id be up for one, but i think it got put on the back burner cause of a few league issues and was forgot about.

Im sure there is a program out there that we could use.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Given the transient nature of things and the fact that most of the action happens here on this board, I dunno how useful it would be. People tend to like to dip in and dip out. That said, I do have a place where we could all "meet" per se online and such, when the needs arises, etc.

I can prepare this place whenever.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Given the transient nature of things and the fact that most of the action happens here on this board, I dunno how useful it would be. People tend to like to dip in and dip out. That said, I do have a place where we could all "meet" per se online and such, when the needs arises, etc.

I can prepare this place whenever.

Ya I cant see it being used a whole lot, but I think it would be useful to jump in there to hammer out a quick trade when deadlines approach and such.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Yeah thats what i mean, like if we had a link to a chat room and it was stickied, then like say i contact you DC and ask for you to meet me in chat room for a trade proposal. Deals can be worked out alot faster than PM'ing. So basiclly we use the PM for contacting someone to get them in the chat room to discuss a trade or if they are not online. Would also be wise to have more than one area in the chat room so no one else can listen to our trade talks.
JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post
Yeah thats what i mean, like if we had a link to a chat room and it was stickied, then like say i contact you DC and ask for you to meet me in chat room for a trade proposal. Deals can be worked out alot faster than PM'ing. So basiclly we use the PM for contacting someone to get them in the chat room to discuss a trade or if they are not online. Would also be wise to have more than one area in the chat room so no one else can listen to our trade talks.

PM is better for that, to be honest. It's more expedient and it's already here. I do have a project I'll create for FOOL in Basecamp at some point, but...PM has worked well for us and it's easier and faster, to be honest, than that...and I can't create more than one room over there. And to make people log into a new site to talk about stuff when they can do it here...is kinda counterproductive.

Not to say, shoot down your idea.

I can only see it being useful for live sims and stuff.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

I agree it would be nice, but in the end PM's can be sent and read just about as fast as those in a chat room and we would not have to log into another site.
Commo_Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote