Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #351
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Ties go to the winner of the final pairing. We may want to consider putting one of our stronger competitors in that spot.

I want to be clear that by final pairing I mean whoever the last pair standing are. Everybody starts at the same time.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #352
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
brad, only thing that health should hurt is your ability to commit extra energy to the challenge.

ches - it said we have to "order our team from strongest to weakest" in the challenge description. I'm not sure we can get away with backloading ... Autumn, feel like clarifying on this point?

You are free to make your own decisions about what to do about how to order yourselves.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM   #353
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't conceptualize in my head the physical layout of this challenge. Can anyone point me to a picture or a vid that might? I'm assuming this is based on a real challenge from the show.

http://fightpastor.com/2010/04/15/su...tmas-in-april/ Here's what it looked like in the real challenge.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #354
heybrad
Norm!!!

My health doesn't seem to be as bad as I thought (the powers of recuperation) so let me know if it would help to give extra effort today.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #355
chesapeake
College Starter

The rewards themselves are not overly valuable to us. Sending one of them to Exile Island, and not having one of our own sent, has some value. I don't think everyone should go all out, but it probably wouldn't hurt if a couple of guys did.

I have a better understanding of the challenge now and I think that it makes sense to play it fairly straight. We have a distinct advantage in that our "weakest" guys can sit out. Racer/Hoops may be an even competition, but we should have an advantage at the bottom end.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:21 PM   #356
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
Here's my stats for this challenge:

Strength - Average
Stamina - Average
Calm - Average

I think my Good Scrappiness could play a role as well. I think Scrappy refers a bit to your determination so it may be helpful. My biggest issue is my health at this point having spent the last night in Exile. That will hurt me.

If scrappy is important, heybrad is a better contestant than me. If not, I am better in calm and equal elsewhere, and would thus be a better player here. What does everyone think?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #357
heybrad
Norm!!!

I guess if I'm imagining myself on a pole with pegs, staying calm is probably of more value than scrappiness. Scrappiness is nice as I'm starting to sweat and tremble towards the end but it sounds like remaining calm would get you further.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:45 PM   #358
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I guess if I'm imagining myself on a pole with pegs, staying calm is probably of more value than scrappiness. Scrappiness is nice as I'm starting to sweat and tremble towards the end but it sounds like remaining calm would get you further.

Funny. My analysis is the same but the conclusion is different. You may waste a little more energy having only average calm, but your scrappiness will make you refuse to quit in the end.

Honestly, more and more I am thinking that scrappy will be THE key factor in any head-to-head pegging that starts to drag out. This is why I think Thomkal may be our best pegger instead of the beast.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #359
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't conceptualize in my head the physical layout of this challenge. Can anyone point me to a picture or a vid that might? I'm assuming this is based on a real challenge from the show.

Quote:

Chesa, imagine two poles standing close to each other. Pegs stuck in them in the same spots on each pole, facing each other on the insides of the poles. There are a series of pegs, starting with a fairly comfortable ones at the top, progressively smaller as you go down the pole.

Players will climb up the pole to the very top and stand on the top most pegs. You can only balance yourself with your feet on the pegs, your elbows and shoulders against the poles-can't grab them with your hands, or lean your legs against them.

That help? if not I'll see if I can find a link to a picture
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #360
Thomkal
Head Coach

ah if I had finished reading the thread first, I would have seen someone added a link already.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #361
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Funny. My analysis is the same but the conclusion is different. You may waste a little more energy having only average calm, but your scrappiness will make you refuse to quit in the end.

Honestly, more and more I am thinking that scrappy will be THE key factor in any head-to-head pegging that starts to drag out. This is why I think Thomkal may be our best pegger instead of the beast.
I think we may mean the same thing. Imagine this scenario. You last 1 hour on the pegs. Calm probably got you through the first 50 minutes. Scrappy holds you up the last 10 minutes as you're starting to physically struggle.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #362
chesapeake
College Starter

I've got an event to attend in less than an hour, so I'll throw out my last thoughts. I think we go with:
1) Thomkal
2) Hoops
3) Maple Leafs
4) heybrad

Racer may be able to win his pairing, but I can't see their #2 beating ours.

What do folks think about asking Thom and either ML/heybrad to use extra effort? I think Thom + extra is probably unbeatable; and I think that one of our last 2 using it probably guarantees a tie for us in any but the most unlucky of draws.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #363
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
I think we may mean the same thing. Imagine this scenario. You last 1 hour on the pegs. Calm probably got you through the first 50 minutes. Scrappy holds you up the last 10 minutes as you're starting to physically struggle.

I think calm contributes to slowing the drain on stamina from wasted energy, but I don't know how much this adds up to. I could see scrappy being the deciding factor in any tight fight. With my scrappy as it is, I am liable to fold too easily.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #364
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I've got an event to attend in less than an hour, so I'll throw out my last thoughts. I think we go with:
1) Thomkal
2) Hoops
3) Maple Leafs
4) heybrad

Racer may be able to win his pairing, but I can't see their #2 beating ours.

What do folks think about asking Thom and either ML/heybrad to use extra effort? I think Thom + extra is probably unbeatable; and I think that one of our last 2 using it probably guarantees a tie for us in any but the most unlucky of draws.

I'm fine with going first, but as this is a reward challenge where we don't really need the reward, I'm not sure I want to put any extra effort into this. I am back at full health though after recooperating
Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #365
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'll do extra effort. Worst comes to worst I can rest next time around, since I'm useless at finding food and our camp is already in good shape.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #366
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not at full health, but would still be willing to put in extra effort on this one as long as people don't resent me recuperating with 2 points tonight.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #367
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ditto to what Maple said - I suck at finding food, which also factors into my thoughts on effort/recuperate.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:45 PM   #368
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

This all sounds fine to me guys, just saying

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #369
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm looking to submit my order in next 10-15 minutes. As of now, would read something like this.

COMPETE
EXTRA EFFORT
WIN
SLOT (1ST OR 2ND) TO BE DETERMINED BY OTHER ORDER (chesapeake or whoever wants to be around leading up to deadline and make final decision)
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #370
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
(chesapeake or whoever wants to be around leading up to deadline and make final decision)

I likely will be gone in another 10 mins.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:51 PM   #371
heybrad
Norm!!!

I need to get my PM in now so does this look right.

I'll be competing in the 4th slot. I will be giving extra effort today. I will shock all contestants as this scrappy old man wins hands down.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #372
Thomkal
Head Coach

I will go in the first slot Hoops, you can go second
Old 06-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #373
chesapeake
College Starter

I'm headed out. Good luck everyone!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #374
Autumn
Head Coach

You guys need to pick a Wolf to go to Exile Island. If you could come to consensus, in thread, this evening that would be great.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #375
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Racer for exile island? On the one hand, it would weaken him. On the other hand, he'd get an immunity clue and is probably somebody we'd like to target post-merge.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #376
Thomkal
Head Coach

woohoo! Man those cheesburgers are the best I ever had. I still think Danny is our best call for Exile Island, but if you guys feel Racer or anybody else, I'll go with you.

Surprised they voted Jackal out-thought he was one of the better physical contestants-has to be some alliances going there I think.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #377
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY FIVE CAMP RESULTS

Chesapeake provides everybody with another great meal, and combined with the food you won in challenge, you are eating well. You also have almost 3 days worth of food stored.

Darth works on your shelter a bit, doing upkeep. It's starting to wear thin though in spots, and needs more maintenance. You can't really complain, but it's not as restful now that the wind tends to whistle through.

You have new materials for your shelter, won in challenge, tarp and ropes that could improve the structure and expand it.

With your food, fire and shelter, you do not gain or lose any health points this day.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #378
heybrad
Norm!!!

I think we should send Racer.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM   #379
Thomkal
Head Coach

I cannot wait to read the werewolf thread when this is all over.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM   #380
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay that's two for Racer, plus Hoops wanted to send him earlier. I won't stand in the way of that then, let's do Racer.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #381
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Racer sounds good to me

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, send Racer.

Good to get the win. Doesn't sound like I needed to use the energy after all, oh well ... wanted to win the challenge.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #383
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Racer sounds good to me.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #384
Autumn
Head Coach

Sounds like Racer so far. I'll hold off a bit in case Chesapeake shows up to dissent.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #385
Autumn
Head Coach

All right, Racer it is.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #386
Autumn
Head Coach

DAY SIX CHALLENGE

For today's challenge, immunity will once more be up for grabs.

You can see here an abandoned village here in the Islands of FOFC. Hidden somewhere in this village are colored planks with letters written on them. Your task is to find all of the planks of your color and return them to this board. You will go out one at a time, one from each tribe, and hunt. Once a tribe member returns one plank, another can go out. Once all 12 planks have been found, the tribe will need to arrange the planks on this board, also decorated with letters. The correct arrangement will cover some letters, display others, and spell out a message. The first tribe to correctly arrange their planks and discover the message will win immunity. The losers will be going to Tribal Council.

Villagers will have to sit out two contestants. They can't sit out the same two challenges in a row. The tribes will need to determine what order their members will search for the planks in. Your actions in the challenge will need to be submitted to me by 4:30 EST on MONDAY.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #387
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay time to start talking about this challenge. Find and Puzzles sound like they will be important here, Teamwork perhaps too, maybe Running? I defintely should sit this one out as my Find and Puzzles skills are not the greatest.

Once the planks are found I think we should do what we did in the other puzzle challenge-one of our excellent puzzlers leading the others in where to put the planks.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #388
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm thinking I'm a "sit" for this challenge if the emphasis is "find", "puzzles", and "teamwork". I'm nothing special in any of the above.

But if we are getting to a position where we have multiple people who need to sit then I'm willing to do it ... will wait to hear where other stand.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #389
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm not great at "find" but can do puzzles and teamwork.

I noticed that the rules say we go out one at a time, but don't necessarily say that everyone needs to take a turn. If its allowed, we may want to pick some people with excellent "find" and have them take multiple turns (with time in between to rest, of course).
Old 06-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #390
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, sorry, it should say that every one takes a turn hunting for planks.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #391
chesapeake
College Starter

Good morning all.

It probably makes sense to have our muscle sit this one out. Unless we wanted our strategy to be:
1) Get Plank
2) Whack wolf with plank
3) ???
4) Profit
Old 06-14-2010, 09:10 AM   #392
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'm Average at find but Excellent at Puzzles and Teamwork so I'm in.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #393
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Good morning all.

It probably makes sense to have our muscle sit this one out. Unless we wanted our strategy to be:
1) Get Plank
2) Whack wolf with plank
3) ???
4) Profit

somehow I think "whack wolf with plank" would be against the rules. But it'd be fun.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #394
hoopsguy
General Manager

If Autumn will let us hit with planks I'm all in.

Without that, I'm planning on bypassing this challenge unless called upon. Hopefully something requiring toughness comes up again next time around.

Do the experienced Survivor folks expect that we will collapse tribes after finishing this challenge?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #395
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Do the experienced Survivor folks expect that we will collapse tribes after finishing this challenge?
The show doesn't typically merge tribes until they're at an even number. The show usually (always?) does it at ten, although in our case eight would make sense since we started with fewer players.

Still, the merge is always done without warning so it's possible we could have one soon.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #396
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think the merge will happen either after this elimination, or the next.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #397
Thomkal
Head Coach

So do we have our four then and everyone knows what they are doing? What order will we go in?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #398
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Puzzles: Excellent: Maple, Brad Good: Darth Average: EagleFan, Thomkal, Chesapeake
Teamwork: Excellent: Maple, Darth, Brad, Good: Chesapeake, Thomkal, EagleFan:?

I think these are right

Trolling through the thread, I found this, which seems relevant.

I agree that we should sit the muscle, making the 4 participants me, Maple Leafs, Darth, and heybrad. Given this information, Maple or heybrad should be the designated leader. Who wants it?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 PM   #399
chesapeake
College Starter

dola

I'm thinking that maybe our top puzzler should use extra effort?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #400
heybrad
Norm!!!

I'm happy to be the first and give extra effort if that's ok with everybody.

Last edited by heybrad : 06-14-2010 at 01:54 PM.