Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #1551
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

17:13 - Dillard picks up his 2nd foul as Gunn is muscling by him. We are up 4-3 as McDade comes in for Dillard.

14:40 - We are tied at 6.

Gunn steals it from McDade and has a breakaway dunk.

13:00 - Troy with a nice move in the post to get the basket and the foul on Akin. He misses the FT, but Stevens gets the board. We reset. We are tied at 8.

11:30 - Vega gets a dunk and the foul. He misses the FT, but Stevens gets another offensive board. We are up 11-10.

10:30 - Vega picks up his 2nd foul on a block attempt. I bring in Dawson, Kabba, and Abdur-Rahim. Troy and Stevens remain in the game for now. We are tied at 11.

Jorguson hits a 3 and then aided by their full court trap gets a steal and a dunk. We are down 16-11.

Emerson with a strong move in the paint draws a foul by Stevens. We are down 18-11.

Kabba hits an open 3 to end their run.

They are going big with Drayton at PG, and two of their SF's at the other positions, Emerson at PF, and Bogart at C.

Bogart with a putback dunk and the foul. He makes the FT.

Emerson with an offensive board and we foul him on the putback attempt. He makes both FT's. We are down 23-14.

6:39 - Troy with a strong move, beats his man and gets fouled by Emerson. That is the 2nd foul on Emerson. They move one of the SF's over to PF and bring back Jorguson.

Akin with a 3. I call a timeout. Time to get some scoring punch back into the game. We go with McDade, Farrell, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. We are down 26-16.

McDade helps Abdur-Rahim get position and he draws a foul, but he misses both FT's.

Farrell with a 3. Jorgusen with a long 2.

Abdur-Rahim with a pair of FT's. McDade draws a foul inside and hits a pair of FT's.

2:00 - We are down 30-25.

Vega hits a pair of FT's.

1:04 - Fastbreak.. Kabba 1-on-1 with Huff.. he dunks and gets fouled! He makes the FT. We are tied at 30 and our portion of the crowd is going wild!

Gunn hits a 3 to quiet them a bit.

They try to full court trap, but McDade breaks it and throws it to Vega for an easy dunk which is stopped by a player running into him from behind and fouling hard. Should have been a technical. He hits both FT's. 33-32.

Our own full court trap forces an errant pass and we get the ball back with 30 seconds to go in the half. McDade sets up Farrell with a good look.. he misses the 3.

Halftime: We are down 33-32.

Gunn is the player of the half with 8 points and 4 assists. Jorguson with 7 for them. Drayton with 5.

Troy has 9 points for us. Vega with 8. Kabba with 6. McDade with 2 points and 1 assist in 13 minutes. Dillard will return to the lineup to start the 2nd half.

18:54 - Dillard draws a 3rd foul on Emerson. We are tied at 36. They have hit a quick 3 and we hit a quick 12 footer from Dillard before this play.

16:48 - Dillard with a drive to get a 3rd foul on O'Connor. We lead 41-38.

15:24 - Vega gets a 3rd foul on Bogart. They are going with one of their SF's at C.

Vega backing Akin down easily. He gets an easy hook shot from 2 feet. We lead 45-38.

Dillard on the fastbreak gets fouled by Dooley. That is Dooley's 3rd foul. We lead 47-40.

Vega gets fouled by Huff who is now playing C. He makes both FT's.

13:00 - Huff with a pair of quick baskets. Farrell has missed his last 4 shots. I bring in McDade at SG. We are up 49-44.

12:30 - McDade is shooting a 3 when he is fouled by Huff who rushed out to try to block it.

McDade with a steal. McDade with a 3 on an open corner shot.

11:23 - We are up 57-46 after Troy hits a 10 footer. They call a time out.

Troy with a 3. We trap and get a steal by Troy. He throws a lob to Vega who dunks it!

They jack up a quick 3. Vega gets the board.. passes it to Dillard who passes to McDade.. who passes to Troy who dunks it home!

9:00 - We lead 64-51.

7:00 - We lead 68-53. I rest Vega for a few minutes.

5:20 - Akin with a breakaway dunk. We are up 68-58. I rest Dillard for a few. Lineup now: McDade, Farrell, Troy, Stevens, and Abdur-Rahim.

3:55 - Troy hits a big 3 to end our drought. 71-58. He has 22 points.

3:20 - Troy with a breakaway big tomahawk dunk to put the exclamation point on this game.

1:04 - I empty the bench. We lead 78-66.

Hmm. That might have been a bit premature. They force a backcourt turnover and dunk it. They force another turnover and hit a 3 by Akin.

I get Dillard and McDade in for the ball handling.

We miss our FT's, but they miss their shots.

We win the game 78-71! We are going to the Final Four!

Troy is the player of the game with 24 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 12, 3 of 5, and 7 of 9. Scouts are now talking about him as a Lottery pick. I doubt he will be back for his senior year, but hopefully he can out a champion.

Dillard with 8 points, 3 assists, and 1 steal. He also had 1 turnover. He shot 1 of 2 and 6 of 6 from the line.

Farrell with 5 points and 2 boards on 2 of 8 shooting.

Stevens with 3 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 1 of 2.

Vega with 15 points, 7 boards, and 1 block. He shot 4 of 7 and 7 of 9 from the line.

Kabba with 6 points. Abdur-Rahim with 4 points and 6 boards.

McDade with 13 points and 4 assists in his first game back. He shot 1 of 8 from the field but 10 of 11 from the line. He also had 4 turnovers.

Who will we be facing in the Final 4? Will it be UConn or Cal?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #1552
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
It looks like you've done a really nice job of finding lineups that gel towards the end of the year, despite having to play through injuries.

That, plus a sweetheart draw, could give the Trojans a hugely improbable Final Four trip.

Yeah, the draw was huge. I think last year we faced the team with the best chance to beat us in the Elite 8. This time, we got a very good draw. Also, this team has really improved over the course of the year. Here is an updated look at the overall ratings of my players:

McDade 90
Dillard 89
Troy 89
Kabba 85
Dawson 85
Annen 81
Vega 81
Abdur-Rahim 79
Stevens 79
Farrell 79
Fuller 78
English 74 (nice walk-on)
Old 03-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #1553
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Elite 8 Results:

#1 Alabama beat #2 DePaul 80-76.

#1 Saint Joseph's beat Auburn 102-101.

#1 UConn beat #3 Cal 76-65.

So, 3 #1's and an 11 seed in the Final Four

UConn is a very strong team. They have a team rating of 94. They finished the year 34-3 (15-3.) They have a RPI of 4. They are completely healthy and are talented. Their only weakness is their young PG:

FR PG Ashley Henning is starting but only playing 15-20 minutes per night. He 6'2 188 and is from Boston. He is rated 76 overall. He was the 11th ranked player in his class. His shot needs a lot of work. He is a bit of a disappointment to them I imagine as he isn't as athletic or good defensively as one would imagine from his rankings. He isn't a particularly good passer either. He is averaging 4 ppg and 3 apg.

FR SG Damien Howel isn't starting, but he'll play a fair bit of point guard for them. He is 6'6 224 and is rated 81 overall. He was the 13th ranked player in H.S. last year. He is more athletic than Henning, he is a better passer, and a better shooter. Defensively, he is worse. He is averaging 8.1 ppg and 3.3 apg in 20-25 mpg.

SR SG Andrew Macura starts at SG. He is a 6'7 240 and is very quick for his size. He has the ability to power through defenders and the speed to go around them. He is a good defender. His shot needs work. He is averaging 9 ppg, 5 rpg, and 3.2 apg.

JR SF Rashon Ogunride is a beast. He's 6'8 253 and is rated 92 overall. He is from Reading, PA. He was the #2 player in his H.S. class and is expected to be the top pick in the draft this upcoming year. He is an explosive slasher who can do a huge variety of power dunks. He can shoot the 3 well. He can shoot the midrange shot well. He can post up very well. Offensively, he is practically unstoppable. His defense is just average. He is averaging 18.2 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 2.4 apg, and 1.4 spg.

Jason Burton is a 6'11 200 pound PF from the Bronx. While he is painfully thin, he is a silky smooth shooter from any distance who creates huge matchup issues. He's averaging 16.2 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and 1.2 spg. He is rated 86 overall.

JR C Brandon Soson from Philly, PA provides the muscle. He's 6'11" 260 pounds and is rated 87 overall. He has a tremendous post game. He is a great rebounder and he is a good defender. He is averaging 14.3 ppg, 8.3 rpg, and 1 bpg.

JR SF Virgil Buggs leads the bench. He is a 6'6 212 pound player from Portland, ME. He is a very athletic slashing wing player who relies on his dunking to score. He is averaging 7.1 ppg and 2.3 rpg.

JR C Domanic Watson is a 6'9 250 pound C from Bristol, CT. He is rated 81 overall. He is a strong rebounder and good defender. He is averaging 5.0 ppg and 3.9 rpg in limited minutes.

SO PF Moises Dawn from Philly is a 6'8 215 pound player who is rated 81 overall. He is extremely athletic. He is only playing a few minutes a night, but he is averaging 3.4 ppg.

SO PF Stephon Millage is from NYC. He is 6'9 212 and is rated 80 overall. He's the second best 3 point shooter on their team. In limited minutes, he is averaging 4 ppg.

FR SG Stanislav Villanueva is from Somerville, MA. He is 6'6 193 and he could challenge Farrell as the best shooting freshman in the nation. He's a great 3 point shooter who is a very poor defender. He is rated 79 overall. He's averaging 6.4 ppg in limited minutes.

The rest of the bench is all rated in the high 70's. This is a very talented deep team.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-20-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #1554
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

19:16 - Ogunride with a breakaway dunk. He just pulled away from Troy.

16:00 - Burton has already hit a 3 on us, but they are pulling him for Watson now. We are down 10-2 early. Ogunride with 2 assists and 2 baskets. Their full court trap is tough when they use it.

15:01 - Stevens picks up his 2nd foul. Farrell has missed his first 4 shots and Troy has missed his first 2. This isn't helping matters at all. I put Abdur-Rahim in for Stevens and McDade in at SG.

14:04 - Soson dunks for the 2nd time today on Vega. We are down 14-2.

12:43 - Ogunride with a breakaway dunk over Dillard's head! We are down 17-2. Vega missed a putback dunk just a few seconds before that.

McDade finally hits a 3, his 3rd shot of the night, to break the run.

11:14 - Burton hits a 16 footer off a screen.

Troy makes a 3. Ogunride draws a foul on Troy. He makes a pair of FT's. We are down 21-8.

9:45 - Villanueva with a fastbreak dunk on Dillard and he draws a 2nd foul on him. Troy and Vega are already exhausted. I go with McDade, Farrell, Kabba, Stevens, and Abdur-Rahim. We need to try to slow this down..

Farrell with a 3. Kabba with a block of a shot by Buggs.

Dawn comes flying out of nowhere for a spectacular offensive putback dunk.

Villanueva with a 3. Howel with a 14 footer from the corner. We are down 29-11. I call a T.O. I bring back Troy and slide Kabba to SG. Farrell is giving me nothing so far tonight except for brick after brick. I also bring back Vega.

They are bringing back Ogunride and most of their starters..

Ogunride draws a double team down low and kicks it out to Watson for a 3. If he is going to be hitting 3's, it just doesn't seem fair..

Troy with a pair of drives to get to the FT line.

Kabba with a block and Troy with a 3 at the other end. We are down 32-17 now.

Ogunride gets a 2nd foul on Troy. I'm leaving him in.

Soson with a 14 footer. Nasty.

44 seconds - Vega draws a 2nd foul on Soson, but he misses front end of a 1 and 1.

5.3 seconds - Troy with a drive gets a 2nd foul on Ogunride.

Halftime: We are down 37-20. This is going to be a tough tough road.

Ogunride is the player of the half with 11 points and 3 assists. Soson with 10 points and 6 boards for them. Burton with 6 points.

Troy has 10 points for us on 2 of 6 shooting. Farrell has 3 points on 1 of 8 shooting. McDade is 1 of 5. Vega is 1 of 4.

I go back to my starters, including Farrell to start the 2nd half. He'll have a short leash if he doesn't warm up quickly.

Troy with a tip in. Troy with a 12 footer. Troy with a steal, a 14 footer. Troy with a 3 after a defensive stop. Troy with good defense on Ogunride, forcing a pair of misses. We are back in it. Down 37-29.

Macura misses a 3. Troy with a breakaway dunk.

Troy with a block that starts a fastbreak.. Dillard to Farrell for a dunk and the foul! He misses the FT.

Stevens steals it from Dawn. He passes it ahead to Dillard on the break.. he drives.. kicks it out to Farrell who hits the open 3! We are down 37-36. What a run! 16-0 run to start the half. They call a timeout.

Macura with a 15 footer to end the run.

Troy hits a 3 to tie it at 39! He has 22 points.

Ogunride with a huge dunk.

11:49 - Dillard gets called for his 3rd foul. I'm leaving him in. This group is playing with electricity and I don't want to disrupt that. None of them appear tired right now.

Dillard with a steal and breakaway dunk. Tied at 41.

10:00 - Farrell hits a 3! 44-41. They call a T.O.

Howel with a long 2. Ogunride with a steal that starts a fastbreak. Howel finishes it with a dunk and the foul.

8:52 - Dillard beats Howel and gets inside where Watson pounds him. Dillard is hurt. My staff wants me to go big with Farrell at the point, but I'm not doing that. I bring in McDade. We are down 46-45.

Vega with a pair of FT's. Soson with a 14 footer.

Defensive stops at both ends before we get out on the fastbreak. Troy is fouled before he can dunk it. He hits a pair of FT's.

Macura misses a 3 and we get out on the break again.. 3-on-1.. McDade to Farrell who lobs it to Troy for the alley-oop dunk! 51-48.

Burton misses a 3.

Farrell misses a 3. Burton misses a 3 but Soson with a putback dunk.

Farrell swishes a 3. We lead 54-50.

Macura misses a 3. Stupid for him to keep jacking up these 3's.

Farrell hits another 3! We lead 57-50 with 4:30 to go.

They are bringing Ogunride back.

Burton with a 14 footer.

3:46 - Troy with a drive and draws the foul. He makes both FT's.

Ogunride misses a 12 footer from the right wing.

They foul McDade during a steal attempt. He makes both FT's. 61-52.

Ogunride with a long 2, his foot was just on the line.

Henning steals it from McDade and Macura pulls up for a 3 on the fastbreak.. he swishes it. 61-57.

Troy misses a 12 footer.

1:24 - Henning uses a screen and drills a 3! 61-60.

51 seconds - Troy with a drive and he is fouled by Soson. He makes the first FT and the 2nd.

We run our full court trap and Farrell tips the ball and falls on it. He passes it to McDade. We run the shot clock down to 2 seconds.. Farrell shoots the 3 off the screen.. and misses.

7.9 seconds left - They set up Ogunride for a 3.. he shoots.. and misses!! Stevens with the rebound. They foul him. He makes the first FT! And the 2nd! We lead 65-60.

3.7 seconds - Burton hits a 3.

2.4 seconds They foul McDade. He makes the first. 66-63 now... he makes the 2nd!

Macura hits a 3 at the buzzer, but it doesn't matter!

We win 67-66. I can't believe we won after that horrid start. Two amazing runs to start each half.

Troy is the player of the game with 30 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 16, 4 of 8, and 10 of 12. He played 35 minutes tonight.

Dillard with 4 points, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 2 turnovers. He shot 1 of 5.

Farrell with 18 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 6 of 16, 5 of 13, and 1 of 3. A nice second half for him.

Stevens with 4 points, 10 boards, and 1 steal.

Vega with 4 points, 11 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block. He shot 1 of 6.

McDade with 7 points and 2 assists. He shot 1 of 4.

Troy played the entire second half and did a great job defending Ogunride in the 2nd half. He hald him to 5 of 14 shooting and 11 points. Farrell helped hold Macura to 3 of 15 shooting. If they fed the ball more to Soson, we would have been in trouble. He shot 5 of 7 and finished with 14 points.

Who we are playing in the National Championship Game? Will it be Alabama or Saint Joseph's?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #1555
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bad news. Dillard is definitely out for the NC game with a strained achilles.

Alabama pounded Saint Joseph's 76-52. Alabama has the most talented roster in the nation with a 96 rating. Their record is 34-5 (14-2.) They are a fast paced offense and a suffocating defense. They are averaging 84.2 ppg while allowing only 64 ppg. 2 of their top players are slowed with a sprained ankle, but both will play. They have a supremely talented starting 5 with no weaknesses:

JR SF Kelenna Soson leads their team. He is 6'8 250 and he is battling a sore ankle. He was the 6th player in his class and he does a bit of everything for them. He is their best defender, he can post up well, he can shoot the midrange shot, he can pass and set up other guys. His only weakness is he doesn't have an explosive dribble. He is averaging 11 ppg, 7.9 rpg, and 2.9 apg.

SR PG Jim Cage is 6'1 193 and is rated 88 overall. He has elite speed and quickness. He is good ball handler and passer but not great at either. He is a great midrange shooter and a good 3 point shooter. He is an above average defender. He is averaging 12.6 ppg and 4.4 apg.

JR SG Douglas Robins is 6'3 199 and is rated 88 overall. He is a tremendous slasher who can finish very well. He is also a shut down defender. He is also the best passer on their team and best ball handler. He is averaging 12.2 ppg, 3.6 apg, and 2.1 spg.

JR PF Evan Slaughter is 6'9 200 and is rated 87 overall. He was the 8th ranked player in his class. He can shoot from anywhere on the court and has SF type speed. He is also an excellent rebounder, particularly for his size. He is averaging 18.5 ppg, 6.8 rpg, and 1 bpg.

JR PF Oliver Lagana is 6'10 250 and plays center for them. He is also slowed by an ankle injury. He has a nice post game, a good midrange shot, and he is a great passer for a big man. His defense is solid as is his rebounding. He is rated 85 overall. He is averaging 11.6 ppg, 6.5 rpg, and 1.2 bpg.

SO SF Marty Reyes leads their bench. He is 6'8 212 and is rated 85 overall. He was the #2 player in his class. He has SG type speed, great ball handling ability, and he can shoot the midrange shot. His defense needs work as does his rebounding. His dunking is among the best in the nation. He is averaging 12.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, and 1.3 apg.

SR PG Edgar Hornsby is 6'6 225 and is rated 84 overall. He is a shut down defender who is also a very good slashing guard. He is averaging 6.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.1 apg, and 1.9 spg.

SO SG Kevin Samuels is 6'3 215 and is rated 83 overall. He is a very good 3 point shooter and a solid defender. He is averaging 3.1 ppg in limited minutes.

The rest of their bench is rated in the mid to high 70's.

I'll play them tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #1556
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
I would be cheering for USC to win, but you're playing my alma mater and all... Well, I hope you make it close!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #1557
hoopsguy
General Manager

Holy crap, what a win against UConn!

The Trojans earlier in the year would not have come back against Nebraska, let alone against UConn.

From the sounds of it you came really close to simming out the year earlier. Glad you did not; this almost certainly does not happen under CPU control.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #1558
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
I would be cheering for USC to win, but you're playing my alma mater and all... Well, I hope you make it close!

Thanks, I think

Quote:
Holy crap, what a win against UConn!

The Trojans earlier in the year would not have come back against Nebraska, let alone against UConn.

From the sounds of it you came really close to simming out the year earlier. Glad you did not; this almost certainly does not happen under CPU control.

That was the most thrilling win I've had in this career. Agreed that no way does this run happen if I turned it over to the CPU. Heck, at one point I was so disgusted in the UConn game that I almost simmed that game out. Glad I stuck with the team in both situations. I can't believe we pulled that comeback off. Troy is suddenly on fire. He is now being talked about as a possible #1 pick in the draft (mainly because of his potential I suspect.)
Old 03-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #1559
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our Starting Lineup:

McDade, Farrell, Troy, Stevens, and Vega.

19:00 - Vega gets 2 quick fouls on Lagana who tried to stop him from dunking the 2nd time and had a ticky tack call on the first. We are up 2-0.

Cage with an assist to Slaughter on the interior for their first basket.

Stevens with a 8 footer. Slaughter with a 15 footer. Tied at 4.

Slaughter misses a 16 footer. Vega misses a post shot.

Cage turns it over and Farrell misses a 3. Stevens with the offensive board. Troy misses his first shot.

15:00 - Tied at 4.

Cage gets by McDade and draws a foul on Vega. He makes 1 of 2. Stevens with the board.

Troy with a 12 footer, Stevens and Troy force a quick steal with a full court trap. Troy drives and gets fouled. He makes both FT's.

Cage misses a quick 3.

Farrell with a long 2 on a pass out of a double team by Vega. Hornsby with a quick 3. We lead 10-8.

Farrell with a 3. Troy with a steal (playing the passing lane in the half court.)

Troy hits a 3 at the end of the shot block over his man. Great elevation.

12:17 - They call a T.O. We lead 16-8.

Hornsby misses a long 2.

Wainwright, a backup PF with an offensive putback and the foul. He completes the 3 point play.

Farrell with a 3 and then a steal on the full court trap.

A few misses by both sides.

8:44 - We lead 19-11. McDade gets hit with his 2nd foul. I put in Dawson. I also rest Vega with Abdur-Rahim.

Slaughter draws a foul on Stevens. He makes both FT's.

Both sides with a few more missed shots. Slaughter with an offensive putback. 19-15.

5:51 - I bring in Kabba at SG and Vega back at C with Abdur-Rahim sliding to PF to give Stevens a rest. We lead 19-15.

Kabba with a drive gets a foul on Wainwright. He misses both FT's.

Slaughter with a nice pass to set up Wainwright for an easy dunk.

Troy with a dunk attempt and he is fouled hard by Wainwright. He makes both FT's.

Slaughter hits a 12 footer.

Cage steals it from Dawson and passes it to Robins for a dunk. Tied at 21.

Cage blocks a shot by Dawson and throws an alley-oop dunk to Robins. McDade fouls Robins on the play and he makes the 3 point play.

2:10 - Hornsby slashes to the rim for a layup. We are down 26-21. I call a T.O. Time to rest Troy. I bring back Farrell and slide Kabba to SF.

Dawson to Farrell on the backdoor cut, he lays it in. Robins at the other end shoots a 3 as Farrell is a step late getting to him.

Vega draws a foul in the paint. He makes both FT's.

Robins with his foot on the line, hits a long 2.

We hold for last shot of the half... Farrell gets a good look.. and misses the 3.

Halftime: We are down 31-25.

We are shooting 34% from the floor. They are shooting 41%.

Robins is the player of the half as he took over the last 3-4 minutes. He has 10 points and 2 boards.

Slaughter also has 10 points and 3 boards.

Hornsby with 5 points for them. Cage with 5 assists.

Farrell has 10 points for us on 4 of 8 shooting. Troy with 9 points. Both need a big 2nd half.. McDade is 0 of 4 so far.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #1560
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

19:44 - Slaughter with a drive gets a 2nd foul on Vega. He makes both FT's. 33-25.

18:16 - Farrell has a breakaway layup blocked by Lagana.

Farrell has missed his first 3 shots of the half.

17:04 - Cage with a 3.

Lagana with another block, this time of a shot by Stevens. That leads to a Robins fastbreak dunk. Down 38-25.

Troy drives inside and gets a 3rd foul on Lagana. He makes both FT's.

Slaughter gets fouled by Stevens on a drive. He makes both FT's.

Troy drives inside and gets a 3rd foul on Wainwright. He makes 1 of 2. They are going small.

Soson gets fouled by Stevens. He makes both FT's.

Farrell has a 3 go half way down and then it rolls out.

Cage finds Hornsby on a backdoor cut, he makes the reverse layup. Down 44-28.

Troy hits a 12 footer. Hornsby hits a corner 3.

Farrell with a much needed 3. Hornsby with another backdoor cut on Farrell.. Farrell fouls him but he still makes the layup. He finishes the 3 point play. Down 50-33 with 12 minutes to go..

McDade with a 3. McDade with a pass inside to Vega for a dunk.

Reyes gets fouled by Farrell. He makes both FT's.

11:00 - I call a timeout. I rest Farrell and Vega. Kabba and Abdur-Rahim into the game. Down 52-38.

Kabba misses a wide open 3. Robins with a backdoor cut beats Kabba. Kabba ends up fouling him. He makes both FT's.

McDade misses a 3, but Kabba gets the offensive board, kicks it out to McDade for a wide open 3 and he makes it. 54-41.

Cage gets fouled by McDade. He makes both FT's.

9:36 - McDade drives into the paint.. he is fouled hard by Lagana. That is the 4th foul on Lagana. McDade is hurt!

Dawson into the game. Dawson makes 1 of 2.

Slaughter hits a 14 footer.

Troy misses a 12 footer. Cage hits a long 2. Troy misses a 14 footer. Cage misses a long 2.

7:20 - I call a T.O. Troy needs some rest. We go with Dawson, Farrell, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. Down 60-42.

Farrell with a trio of 3's! 60-51.

They bring Robins back into the game. He quickly drills his own 3.

Dawson uses a screen to get to the hoop for the layup and the foul!

Slaughter misses a 12 footer but he flies in for the offensive putback dunk. Down 65-54, 4 minutes left.

I call a T.O and get Troy back into the game. McDade has also been cleared to return, and I bring him in for his shooting and veteran leadership.

Troy misses a wide open 3. Slaughter misses a 14 footer. Soson misses the putback attempt.

Troy misses a 3. Abdur-Rahim with the putback basket.

We get a stop on a missed shot by Slaughter. Troy misses an open 14 footer. Farrell fouls Soson on a steal attempt. That is Farrell's 4th. Soson makes both FT's.

McDade with a long 2 as his foot was on the line. Cage answers with a 3 after getting a screen from Soson. Down 70-58 with 1:30 to go.

Troy hits a quick 3. Soson gets a basket and the foul. He makes the FT.

Farrell misses a 3. Cage hits a 3. Troy misses a 3. Robins hits a 3.

We lose 79-61.

I'm disappointed, but I'm proud of my team for getting this far.

Robins is the player of the game with 20 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 7 of 9, 3 of 5, and 3 of 3.

Cage finished with 14 points, 11 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and 4 turnovers. He shot 4 of 10.

Soson finished with 7 points, 9 boards, and 4 assists.

Slaughter finished with 18 points, 12 boards, 4 assists, and a block.

Lagana with 0 points and 2 boards in 9 minutes.

Hornsby led their bench with 13 points and 1 steal.

McDade finished with 8 points and 6 assists. He shot 3 of 9.

Farrell with 22 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 8 of 18, 6 of 13, and 0 of 0.

Troy with 17 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 4 of 13.

Stevens with 2 points and 9 boards.

Vega with 6 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 2 of 8.

Abdur Rahim with 2 points and 4 boards.

Dawson with 4 points and 4 assists.

Kabba with 0 points and 1 board in 14 minutes.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #1561
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Player of the Year: SR C Rex Bullock, George Washington. He averaged 25.5 ppg, 9.3 rpg, and 2.4 bpg.

Mid Major Player of the Year: SR C Antwan Nualitia. He averaged 21 ppg, 6.2 rpg, and 2.0 bpg.

Coach of the Year: Thomas Yeager, Alabama.

Defensive Player of the Year: SR PF Erwin Defares, Florida. He averaged 9.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.1 spg, and 2.5 bpg.

Big Man of the Year: Rex Bullock.

Freshman of the Year: PF Alton Lloyd, Oregon. He averaged 9.4, 5.6 rpg. Darn, I was hoping Farrell might win this.

Farrell didn't make the Freshman All-American Team either as Maryland's SG Othello Hairston averaged 9.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, and 2.0 apg to make the team.

Washington won the Pac-10 Title and the Coach of the Year for the Pac-10. His career record is now 588-398. He is 67. Time to retire soon?

JR C Levi Cortez, ASU, won player of the Year. He averaged 19.3 ppg, 6.3 rpg, and 2.0 bpg.

Lloyd won the Freshman of the Year in the conference of course.

All Pac-10 First Team:

SR PG Menico, Washington 12.8 ppg and 5.8 apg.
JR SG Roscoe Hoskin, Cal 17.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, and 2.4 apg.
JR SF Kalu Stevenson, CAl 10.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, and 1.6 apg.
SR PF Lloyd Diallo, UCLA 14.6 ppg, 7.5 rpg, and 1.4 bpg.
JR C Cortez

Vega made the 2nd team All Pac-10. He finished with 8.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg.

Farrell made all-freshman Pac-10. He finished with a 11.1 ppg, 0.9 rpg, and 1.2 apg average.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #1562
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

USC has offered me a 7 year contract extension!

McDade gets drafted in the 1st round. Troy goes pro early and gets drafted in the lottery. Sorry to see him go, but wish him well in the league. Those are the only 2 contributors we lost. We also had 2 walk-on SG's graduate.

I've never looked at a retrospective of my career. Time to do so:

I'm 56 years old now. My record is 642-286 with 1 championship. Here is a breakdown of the years:

2007-08 - Nicholls State - 16-15 (no postseason)
08-09 - Nicholls State - 17-14 ""
09-10 - Nicholls State - 13-13 ""
10-11 " " - 17-12 ""
11-12 - Niagara - 26-9 - NIT
12-13 - " " - 28-5 - Sweet 16
13-14 - " " - 11-18
14-15 - " " - 23-10 - First Round
15-16 - " " - 29-6 - Second Round
16-17 - " " - 23-7 - First Round
17-18 - " " - 25-10 - Second Round
18-19 - Wake Forest - 22-12 - NIT
19-20 - Wake Forest - 14-16
20-21 - " " - 21-14 - NIT
21-22 - " " - 24-10 - Sweet 16
22-23 - " " - 28-9 - Final Four
23-24 - " " - 22-9 - Second Round
24-25 - " " - 15-16
25-26 - USC - 30-5 - Elite 8
26-27 - USC - 18-13
27-28 - USC - 24-8 - Sweet 16
28-29 - USC - 33-4 - National Champions
29-30 - USC - 23-13 - Second Round
30-31 - USC - 33-3 - Final Four
31-32 - USC - 15-16
32-33 - USC - 35-3 - Final Four
33-34 - USC - 32-3 - Elite 8
34-35 - USC - 25-13 - Championship Game
Old 03-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #1563
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I get offered a bunch of jobs including FSU, Rutgers, WSU, and Siena (retired coach.) I turn them all down.

Some more Retrospective Numbers:

10 Regular Season Championships. 7 Conference Tourney championships. 16 NCAA appearances. 10 Sweet 16's. 5 Final 4's. 1 Preseason #1 ranking. 19 20 win seasons. 9 Conference Coach of the Year Awards. 2 National Coach of the Year Awards. 37 All-Conference Players. 10 All-American Players. 2 National Players of the Year. 22 Pro Draftees.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #1564
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hannan, Niagara, is still my leading scorer. He averaged 20.3 ppg over his career and finished with 2684 points. He made 995 baskets over 4 years. I think if Farrell stays 4 years, he might challenge that record. Hannan also made the most 3 pointers, 263.

Galbreath set my career high for number of assists in a career, but Niagara's PG has the highest per game at 6.2.

Nelke has made the most FT's of any player for me with 550 over his career.

Peterson and Sockwell have my rebounding and blocking records from their years at Wake Forest.

Let's see if the new group can challenge any of those.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #1565
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

As expected, SF Kody Hehn signs with USC on the first day possible. Even though Troy left early, it won't let me use his scholarship until next year. No idea if that is correct to how it should be done in real life or not. Regardless, I'm done recruiting this class. A review of the class:

All-American SG Marcellus Badu is the gem of this class for us. He is 6'4 198 and is Mr. Basketball for California. He is from Pomona. He is a 5 star player who is ranked 21st overall. Our staff grades him as: Shooting A-, Skills A, Defense A-, Athleticism A-. Rebounding C+, IQ B, Potential A, Size B- (which I still don't get - is tall bad?) He averaged 15.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 7.6 apg, and 2.9 spg in the ABL while shooting 39% from the floor. I expect him to push Dillard for PT even though Dillard is a great player, unless he comes to camp much different than my projections. Our staff thinks his defense will be his strongest aspect early.

SF Kody Hehn is a 6'8 210 pound SF from Los Angeles who is a 4 star player ranked 45th overall. He chose us over ASU, UCLA, and Stanford. He averaged 14 ppg, 6 rpg, and 2.6 spg in the ABL while shooting 49% from the floor. He grades out as: Shooting B+, Skills C+, Defense B+, Athleticism A-, Rebounding B+, IQ A-, Potential A-, Size B+. Our staff thinks his midrange shot should be good right away.

SR SF Devon Kilgore is a 4 star player who was ranked 67th overall. He chose us over UCLA. He averaged 11 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.6 apg, and 2.6 spg in the ABL while shooting 33% from the floor. He grades out as: Shooting B+, Skills B-, Defense B+, Athleticism A-, Rebounding B+, IQ B+, Potential B+, Size B+. Our staff believes his speed and stealing ability will be his biggest asset early.

The rest of the recruiting period will be spent working on juniors.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #1566
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, McBridle ended up signing with Pitt.

A look at the top classes:

1. Washington (ouch!) - 3 Mr. Basketballs, 2 5 star All-Americans, 1 4 star.
2. Xavier - 2 5 stars and a 4 star
3. Texas A&M - 2 5 stars and a 4 star.
4. Villanova - 1 5 star, 2 4 stars, and a 3 star.
5. North Carolina State - 4 4 stars
6. Kansas - 1 5 star All-American, 2 4 stars.
7. Georgia Tech - 1 5 star All-American, 3 4 stars.
8. USC!
9. Oregon - 1 5 star All-American, 1 4 star, and 1 3 star.
10. BYU - 3 4 stars, and a 3 star.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #1567
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 2035 -

We are ranked 16th this year and teams and media experts are predicting bigger things from Vega to balance our perimeter scoring. Let's look at the roster:

Dillard is officially a SG, but will start at PG as Badu was overhyped Dillard is a RS SR who is 6'2 190 and is rated 90 overall. His biggest strengths are speed, quickness, ball handling, and passing. He averaged 6.5 ppg and 3.0 apg last year.

RS JR PG Antone Dawson is also ahead of Badu who will have to work hard to earn PT. Dawson is 6'1 193 and is rated 86 overall. His biggest strengths are his midrange shot, his defense, and his passing. He averaged 3.7 ppg and 2.6 apg last year.

FR PG Marcellus Badu arrives at 6'5 204 and rated 75 overall. The good news is that our staff thinks he has unlimited potential. His biggest strengths right now are his defense and passing. Everything else needs a bunch of work.

Wow. SO SG Arzelle Farrell had a 2 inch growth spurt! He is now 6'7 214. He is one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation with a rating of 92. He has done major conditioning work and has much better quickness and speed and is a better defender (but still just average in that department.) He is rated 81 overall.

Dillard might play some SG as he is our only other true SG. I also expect several of the SF's to help out at SG when we go big.

With Troy's early departure, Kabba becomes the man at SF. Kabba is a JR and is now 6'7 233. He is rated 86 overall. His strengths are his first step, his slashing ability, and his dunking ability. He and Annen are both electric dunkers. Defensively, he is solid. He averaged 5.9 ppg last year in limited minutes.

RS SO Leo Annen has worked on his footwork and his midrange shot. Add that to electric dunking ability and I'm excited to see what he will do this year. Defensively, he is still weak. He is rated 83 overall. He averaged 3.2 ppg in very limited minutes last year. He'll mostly work at SF with some SG.

FR SF Kody Hehn has had a nice growth spurt and is now 6'9 217. He's rated 75 overall. His strengths are his speed, dunking, and stealing. He needs a lot of work everywhere else.

FR SF Devon Kilgore is 6'7 207 and is also rated 75 overall. He's the faster player with better passing and fundamentals. He doesn't have the same level of finishing ability or shooting as Kody does.

SO PF A.C. Fuller has worked on his midrange game and is now a good shooter in that area. As a result, he is in contention to start, but it's neck and neck between him and Stevens. He's 6'8 215 and is rated 80 overall.

SO PF Desmond Stevens is 6'8 223 and also is rated 80 overall. He's the better rebounder and defender between him and Fuller. As I look at it, I think he'll start. I need rebounding and defense the most from this position in my offense.

JR C Olu Vega has added some muscle to his frame and i think he is ready for a big year. He is now 7'1 260 and is rated 82 overall. He still doesn't have a very good post game, but he has a lot of bulk to throw around and is one of the strongest players in the nation. His midrange shot has showed nice improvement as well. He averaged 8.2 ppg and 6.5 rpg last year.

SO C Jeromy Abdur-Rahim had a nice growth spurt as well! He's now 6'10 240 and is rated 81 overall. He's got the best post game of my big men and I expect him to play many more minutes this year, despite my plan to really tighten my rotations. He is also the best passer of my big men. He averaged 3.0 ppg and 2.9 rpg in limited minutes last year.

SO Walk-on C Duane English is a viable option if we have injuries. He is 6'11 243 and is rated 75 overall. His strengths are his rebounding and passing.

With the tighter rotations I plan on using, I decide to ask Kilgore and Hehn to redshirt.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:51 PM   #1568
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With Dillard scheduled to graduate this year and Troy leaving early last year, we have 2 scholarships to offer this year. Top priorities:

1. Another true SG.
2. Either a PG or C. I have a feeling Vega may leave early, so C may be the top priority.

That being said, their is a player right down the road who wants to be a Trojan and I'm probably going to pursue him. PF Allan Wolfe actually might grow into a C. He is a 5 star player who is ranked 25th overall. He's 6'8 255 and has 15 teams interested in him but has us at the top. He has excellent leaping ability for his size and is a strong player.

Wow. There are 2 Top 10 PG's right in my back yard. I guess I have to try to get one of them.

There are also several SG's who fascinate me including a 6'9 240 pound SG from North Carolina who is interested in my system.

So many decisions..
Old 03-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #1569
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

While I'm very tempted by that SG, he is only a 3 star SG and he appears slow for a SG. I decide to go with the top rated talent and offer them scholarships:

PG Jermaine Hollins is 5'11 169 and he is a 5 star All-American PG from Los Angeles, CA. He is ranked 8th overall and 4th among PG's. He wants good coaching. We are on his list along with Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon. It's neck and neck for him. The only sure thing is he seems determined to sign very early. He averaged 14.3 ppg, 7.1 apg, and 5.3 rpg in the ABL while shooting 44% from the field.

I also offer 5 star PF Allan Wolfe who I think is going to grow into a 6'10-6'11 bruising PF. Cal, UCLA, and BYU are also on his list. His priority is playing time..

SOB! With only 3 weeks to go until the signing period, Hollins let me know that he is going to Oregon over USC. He wants early PT and he doesn't think he will get it with Badu and company at USC.

What the heck, not the usual ranking of a player I'd take, but I think I can do things with Connally Moss, the 6'9 SG who our staff believes is a good shooter. Wake Forest is his other top choice and our delay in going after him might cost us..

Our first game is against Longwood in the NIt Season Tip-Off Tourney. They are rated 64 overall and this should be a cakewalk - hopefully allowing me to allow Badu and others time to play once it is out of hand.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #1570
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15:33 - Vega and their center collide and Vega is hurt. Hmm, maybe I bumped up injuries just a tad too much last year? We are up 11-6.

12:40 - That made us mad. We run off a 9-0 quick run. 20-6. They call a T.O. I rest Dillard and bring in Dawson.

10:50 - We are up 24-12. I rest Farrell and Kabba. We bring in Dillard at SG and Annen at SF.

5:46 - Annen has had a great 5 minutes. However, he just got hit for a charge when he actually dunked over a defender on the fastbreak. Oh well. We lead 38-14. I bring back Vega who has been cleared with just a minor hamstring injury.

5:02 - Dawson picks up his 3rd foul. I go with Dillard, Farrell, Annen, Kabba, and Vega.

2:59 - Back to my starters as Annen is tired. We lead 40-15.

Halftime: We lead 45-17.

We are shooting 55% while holding them to 18% shooting.

Kabba is the player of the half with 16 points. He has shot 6 of 8, 2 of 3, and 2 of 2.

Dillard with 7 points and 3 assists. Farrell with 7 points. Stevens with 7 boards and 2 blocks. Annen with 8 points.

15:21 - We lead 56-22. They call a timeout. I decide to pull Dillard who is tired and has had a nice game. I'm going to let Badu run the show with the starters for a few minutes.

Badu's first career assist was on a pick and roll with Vega. His next 2 were on jump shots by Farrell.

9:44 - They call a timeout and I decide it is time to pull the starters. We lead 67-28.

I go with Badu, Cox (A walk-on PG who will rarely play), Annen, Fuller, and Abdur-Rahim.

Badu with a drive and kick to Fuller for an open 14 footer at the top of the key. He swishes it.

Badu misses 2 layups and a breakaway dunk. He also misses 2 FT's. Hmm. Nerves or not the scorer I thought he could be?

3:18 - Badu finally scores on a FT. We are up 74-37.

We win the game 82-41. Very nice start to the season.

Kabba is the player of the game with 20 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and a steal. He shot 7 of 11, 2 of 5, and 4 of 4.

Farrell with 19 points, 1 board, and a career high 5 assists. Awesome to see him moving the ball well. He shot 7 of 15, 4 of 9, and 1 of 2.

Dillard with 7 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, and a turnover. He shot 2 of 6. He only played 22 minutes.

Stevens with 4 points, 13 boards, 2 assists, and 3 blocks in 27 minutes. I think he just secured his role as starting PF.

Vega with 4 points, 9 boards, and a block in 20 minutes. He shot 2 of 4. I really wanted to get him the ball more, but they collapsed in the paint and played a lot of zone.

Dawson with 3 points and 1 assist in 8 minutes.

Abdur-Rahim with 4 points, 8 boards, and 1 assist in 21 minutes.

Annen with 10 point,s 5 boards, and 1 assist in 18 minutes. He shot 3 of 8.

Fuller with 4 points and 3 boards in 10 minutes.

Badu with 5 points, 3 boards, and 7 assists in 15 minutes. He also had 3 turnovers. I love his height and he is very smooth dribbling the ball. I think he's going to contribute quickly and grow quickly.

Cox with 2 points on 1 of 2 shooting.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #1571
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 14, 2035 -

The second game of the tourney is against TCU. They are 2-0 with a roster rating of 79. Ours is now 93 as guys are improving quickly this year.

We lose the game 75-70 as Farrell put up a 2 of 9 night and Kabba put up a 1 for 8 night.

Annen led our team with 16 points and 6 boards. Dillard with 11 points and 5 assists.

Vega with 9 points, 8 boards, and 3 blocks. Stevens with 9 points, 3 boards, and 2 blocks.

That loss drops us out of the top 25.

Our next game is against Massachusetts. They are 2-2 with a roster rating of 84.

They are led by star SG Korrel Grady who is 6'9 230 and is rated 86 overall. He is a great post up player who can shoot the 3 well. He is averaging 18.8 ppg and 5.0 rpg.

They have no talented big men and are otherwise a very small team. Their next best player is PF Scooter Koger who is 6'5 200 and is rated 82 overall. He's averaging 15.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg. He can shoot well from anywhere on the court.

I'll play them later.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #1572
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14:30 - Dillard picks up his 2nd foul and Vega is tired (I guess the injury is fatiguing him faster?) We are up 8-7 as I bring in Dawson and Abdur-Rahim.

10:02 - Farrell and Kabba are tired. I bring in Dillard at SG and Annen at SF. I also bring back Vega giving Stevens a break. We are tied at 16.

5:25 - Crud. Dillard picks up his 3rd foul. Also, Dawson is getting tired. I put in Badu, Kabba, Annen, Stevens, and Vega. We are down 24-21.

3:41 - They are on a 9-0 run. Time to get Farrell back in for some scoring punch. We are down 31-21. Kabba back to SF.

Halftime: We are down 36-29.

Grady is the player of the half with 8 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist. He's also bothering Farrell's shooting.

Dillard with 5 points, 1 assist, and 1 steal. Farrell with 6 points, but he is shooting 1 of 5. Kabba is 1 of 5. Vega with 6 points.

15:12 - Stevens becomes entangled with their center on a dunk. His ankle is twisted. The tempo of this game has become very fast. We are down 47-41. I bring in Abdur-Rahim for him.

12:55 - Vega and Kabba are tired. I rest them both for Annen and Fuller. We are down 54-45.

12:28 - Abdur-Rahim gets called for his 3rd foul.

12:00 - Their center with a nice move to get a 4th foul on Abdur-Rahim. We are down 55-47.

9:55 - Dillard picks up his 4th foul. I bring in Dawson for him. We are down 60-53.

Farrell misses a wide open 3. He's had a poor shooting night with most of his scoring coming on layups and shorter shots.

7:30 - Need some scoring but Farrell is tired. Decide to go with this lineup out there: Dawson, Badu, Kabba, Stevens, and Vega. With two slashing guards that can pass, hopefully we can get up the big men for some easy dunks. We are down 68-58.

Dawson with a steal and fastbreak dunk.

4:40 - We are down 80-70. They are running a higher pace offense and attacking the basket more than any team we've played in a while.

We call a timeout and get Farrell back in. He needs to hit some shots to help us now..

Vega has it stolen from him as he goes up to dunk it. That happens far too often to him.

Farrell hits a 3 but Grady answers with his own 3.

Grady has made their full court trap very effective. I now want that 6'9 SG on my team very much..

We lose the game 94-84. A tough home loss.

Grady was the player of the game with 22 points, 7 boards, 4 assists, and 4 steals. He shot 9 of 18, 1 of 5, and 3 of 4.

They also got 10 points and 7 assists from their PG, 18 points from their SF, and 16 points from Koger.

Dillard finished with 5 points, 3 assists, 2 steals, and 4 turnovers in 19 minutes.

Farrell with 22 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 13, 1 of 7, and 11 of 14.

Kabba with 13 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 4 of 11.

Stevens with 3 points, 6 boards, and 1 block.

Vega with 12 points and 5 boards. He shot 5 of 9.

Dawson led the bench with 10 points and 2 assists in 19 minutes.

Badu with 5 points and 1 board in 9 minutes.

Annen with 7 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist in 11 minutes.

Abdur-Rahim with 5 points and 5 boards in 17 minuites.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #1573
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 26, 2035 -

Today, we have one of the few easy games on our OOC schedule, a game at home vs 2-2 UC Davis.

We beat them 80-68.

Vega with a breakout game of 23 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 9 of 15.

Dillard with 5 points, 5 boards, and 8 assists.

Farrell with 14 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 4 of 10.

Kabba with 13 points, 9 boards, and 4 blocks. He shot 4 of 10.

Stevens with 4 points and 8 boards.

Annen led the bench with 11 points. Dawson with 6 points and 1 assist in 19 minutes. Badu with 4 points, 1 board, and 1 assist in 5 minutes.

Now, it is time for the early signing period to begin. Will we get any of our targets at the beginning?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #1574
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No early signees for us today.

UConn got the #1 player in the country, a 6'9 230 pound SF from Charlotte, NC.

Oregon got Hollins. That hurts.

UCLA got a very good passing 3 star center who I looked at as a possible target.

San Diego got a 4 star SG who I looked at as a possible target.

Texas Tech got the #2 player in the nation, a 6'4 PG from Phoenix.

Nebraska got the #3 player in the country, a 6'0 SG from Columbus, OH.

Mississippi State got the #4 player, a 6'1 SG from Wisconsin.

Texas A&M got a 6'5 SF from Dallas who is the number 6 player.

UConn got the #12 player, a 6'6" SF from Camden, NJ.

Karl Murray, a 6'5 SG ranked #9 from Phoenix signed with BYU.

Our next game is a rematch from the tourney as we play Nebraska. They are 4-1 and are 16th in the media rankings. Their roster rating is a 93.

Holy Cow. They have a FR SG who is rated 86 overall!?! He was the 15th ranked player in his class. He is from Wichita, KS and he is 6'3 194. Stuart Billings seems like the hands on favorite to win Freshman of the Year. He is crazy fast with a 92 3 point shooting rating. He is a great ball handler and great passer. His defense is even top notch. He is averaging 12.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, and 2.2 apg. He is playing a lot of PG for them because JR SG Neal Drayton decided to stick around for another year.

JR SG Neal Drayton is 6'6 203 and is rated 88 overall. He's averaging 14.4 ppg and 3.6 apg.

SR PF Dexter Emerson is now 6'6 232 and is rated 88 overall. He's averaging 12.4 ppg and 5.8 rpg.

JR SF Akin Okpalobi is now starting for them. He is 6'9 215 and he's become an excellent midrange shooter. He's averaging 12 ppg, 4.5 rpg, and 1.0 spg. He rated 85 overall.

SO C Donta Dooley is 6'10 235 and is now their starter. He's only playing about 20 mpg. He's averaging 4.6 ppg and 3.6 rpg.

SF is their position of strength on the bench still:

JR SF Virgil Jorgusen is an excellent 3 point shooter. He's 6'6 201 and he is averaging 6 ppg. He is rated 85 overall.

JR SF Xavier Huff is 6'9 229 and he is rated 85 overall. He's averaging 6 ppg.

JR SG Domanic Bremer is 6'7 221 and is rated 85 overall. He's averaging 4 ppg.

SO PF Jasper O'Connor is now 6'7 215 and is rated 81 overall. H's averaging 3.4 ppg.

I'll play them tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #1575
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

19:15 - Kabba on the fastbreak gets the first foul on Billings. We lead 2-0.

Billings moves so smoothly. Fortunately, he and his teammates are missing shots right now.

15:00 - We lead 10-3.

13:04 - Dillard gets a 2nd foul on Billings. We lead 10-5.

12:00 - Drayton with a pair of steals off Dillard and a pair of fastbreak baskets as a result. We lead 10-9.

9:24 - Tied at 15. Drayton is taking over the game. I call a T.O and put in Dawson and Abdur-Rahim.

6:14 - I bring in Badu at SG and Annen at SF. Vega returns to the game giving Stevens a rest. Lineup is Dawson, Badu, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. We are tied at 20.

2:04 - I bring back all of my starters to finish the half. We are down 27-24. Good rugged defense from my guys today.

Farrell hits a 3, his 4th of the game. Drayton answers back with a quick 3.

Halftime: We are down 32-27.

We are each shooting 43%. FT's are the difference as they have been to the line 7 more times and hit 5 more.

Drayton is the player of the half with 13 points, 2 boards, and a steal. He has shot 5 of 5.

Akin with 10 points.

We held Billings in check.

Farrell is our leading scorer with 12 points on 4 of 5 shooting. He is doing a great job of picking his shots here. Kabba with 7 and Abdur-Rahim with 4.

19:38 - Kabba on the break after he blocked a shot.. he gets a 3rd foul on Billings.

17:20 - Dillard fouled on the fastbreak. He gives us a 36-34 lead with 2 FT's.

14:51 - Vega is tired. I bring in Abdur-Rahim. We are tied at 40.

9:27 - Farrell is playing the best game I've seen from him, but he is very tired. I bring in Dawson and Badu. We are down 53-51.

Billings sets up Drayton for a pair of 3's and we are down 59-51.

6:00 - I bring in Annen, Fuller, and Abdur-Rahim. I rest a very tired Kabba and Stevens. We are down 65-55.

Akin with a pair of 3's to put us in deep trouble. Down 71-58. I bring back Farrell.

We lose the game 79-65. Akin, Huff, and Dayton shot too well down the stretch.

Akin Okpalobi is the player of the game with 21 points, 6 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 6 of 13, 4 of 8, and 5 of 6.

Billings ended up with 0 points and 4 assists in 16 minutes. He shot 0 of 4.

Drayton with 16 points and 5 assists. He shot 7 of 9.

Emerson with 15 points and 6 boards. He shot 7 of 11.

Dooley with 6 points and 6 boards. Huff with 11 points and 1 board.

Farrell led our team with 19 points, 2 assists, 1 board, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 7, 4 of 5, and 5 of 6.

Kabba with 16 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 4 of 8, 2 of 2, and 6 of 6.

Dillard with 5 points and 2 assists.

Stevens with 4 points and 4 boards. Vega with 6 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks. He shot 3 of 8.

Abdur-Rahim with 10 points, 4 boards, and a block. He shot 5 of 9.

Badu with 1 point and 1 board in 10 minutes.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 PM   #1576
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The early signing period is over. PF Allan Wolfe is going to wait until the end of the signing period to decide. Right now, it is between USC and Cal. Will anyone else get into the picture?

Connally Moss is heavily favoring us, but didn't want to pull the trigger yet. Wake Forest and Georgia Tech are in the picture. I'm afraid Georgia Tech will eventually convince him unless they drop him..

Our next game is at home but against a tough ND team that is 6-0.

We give them their first loss, as we beat them 78-68

Kabba with 19 points, 5 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 14.

Vega with 10 points. Abdur-Rahim with 11. Fuller with 8. Farrell only took 5 shots. He finished with 6 points.

Dec 18, 2035 -

Our next game is what should be an easy game vs Northern Colorado. I decide to sim it.

Balanced scoring as we win the game 80-60.

Vega led the scoring with 18 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 7 of 16. Stevens with 11 points and 5 boards.

Kabba with 14 points, 5 boards, and 3 steals. Farrell with 11 points and 3 assists. He shot 4 of 8. Dillard with 5 points, 5 assists, 3 boards, and 5 steals.

Abdur-Rahim with 12 points. Dawson with 7 points and 3 assists.

We are now 4-3. Our next game is at Memphis. They are 2-6 with a team rating of 83. They are led by a huge star FR SF and a huge veteran JR C. However, there isn't much other talent in the starting 5:

FR SF Dermie Polakovic is 6'9 270! (Are players getting bigger in this game universe or is this just a fluke of big players lately?) He is rated 78 overall. He's slow for a SF but has tremdnous strength. He has a nice midrange shot, a decent 3 pointer. He's a good ball handler and decent passer. He's averaging 5.9 ppg, 3.1 rpg, and 1.2 apg.

JR C Kody Stafford is 7'3 270 and is rated 81 overall. He's the only bona fide scoring threat on this team and as a result he gets a ton of touches. He's a good post player who relies on strength rather than moves. He is also an excellent shot blocker. He's averaging 19.5 ppg, 12.5 rpg, and 1.5 bpg.

FR PG Calum Byerson is the next best player on the team. He's 6'3 192 and is rated 71 overall. He's averaging 3 ppg and 2.4 apg.

The rest of their players are rated in the low to mid 60's. Their backup SF is 6'9 240. I guess their coach values tall players.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-22-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #1577
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14:41 - Their full court trap giave us trouble early. We are down 9-4.

12:16 - Farrell with a 3. Vega with a block that starts a fastbreak that Kabba finishes with a dunk. Dillard with a steal and breakaway dunk. We are up 11-9. They call a time out. I rest Dillard and Vega who are both tiring.

Dawson with a foul almost immediately after he comes into the game.

They steal it from Dawson with a full court trap and get a breakaway basket. They are up 13-11.

Stafford with a steal and gets fouled on the breakaway. Down 15-11.

Stafford with an offensive board and the putback jumper from 8 feet.

Dawson has a pass stolen and Stafford with the breakaway dunk.

Kabba with a 12 footer, a steal, and a breakaway dunk to end their run.

9:00 - We are down 20-16. Stafford just got a 2nd foul on Abdur-Rahim. I go with Dillard, Annen, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. Stafford takes a break.

2:30 - Planned on getting Farrell back in sooner, but that unit was playing very well together. We lead 30-25. Dillard, Farrell, Annen, Stevens, and Vega will finish the half. Stafford comes back into the game.

1:37 - Stafford with another offensive board. He misses the putback, but gets another offensive board. He puts it back in and gets fouled. Stevens 2nd.

Halftime: We lead 34-31.

Dillard is the player of the half with 15 points, 3 assists, 2 boards, and a steal.

Kabba with 7. Abdur-Rahim with 4.

Stafford leads them with 13 points and 7 boards. Byerson has 5.

15:00 - They are on a 10-0 run fueled by their full court trap. We are down 43-36. I call a timeout. Dillard is tired. I bring in Badu.

Stafford gets a 3rd foul on Vega with an aggressive move to the basket.

Seconds later, Stafford gets 4th on Vega.

Badu is doing no better against their trap.

12:35 - I call a timeout to end another 6-0 run. We are down 60-45. We go with Dillard, Annen, Kabba, Stevens, and Abdur-Rahim to try to get back into the game.

6:11 - We were making a run until Polakovic hit a pair of 3's We are down 73-59. I bring Farrell back. He's going to need to start shooting well.

4:25 - Farrell with 6 straight points and he gets a 4th foul on Stafford, but we aren't stopping them enough. Down 77-66.

3:57 - Dillard with a steal and a nice assist to Farrell.

3:08 - Farrell gets a 5th foul on Staffford! We are down 79-72.

2:29 - Vega with a block that starts a fastbreak by Dillard. He is fouled. He makes both FT's.

2:06 - After Turner, their SG hit a 12 footer, Dillard has an unforced errant pass that costs us a turnover.

1:33 - We get a defensive stop. Dillard with a pass to Farrell in the corner for the quick 3! 81-77. They call a T.O. Dillard is very tired. I bring in Badu for a defensive possession. I also bring in Annen for the defensive possession. I bring Stevens back to finish the game.

1:01 - Byerson hits a long 2. Annen was a second late getting there. We call a T.O and get Dillard and Farrell back in the game.

:41 - Farrell misses a 3, but Vega with the putback basket. We intentionally foul after failing to get the quick steal.

28 seconds - Farrell with a 3! 85-82.

Turner makes the FT's.

Farrell misses a 3 and it's all over.

We lose the game 90-82.

Turner, their SG, had 24 points and 4 assists to win player of the game. That clearly demonstrates Farrell's defensive liabilities that still exist.

Stafford finished with 22 points, 13 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks.

Polakovic finished with 12 points, 5 boards, and 3 assists.

Dilalrd led our team with 24 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 4 steals, and 6 turnovers. He shot 9 of 12, 1 of 2, and 5 of 6.

Farrell with 26 points, 1 board, and 1 steal. He shot 6 of 14, 3 of 9, and 11 of 12.

Kabba with 8 points and 2 blocks. He shot 3 of 7.

Stevens with 2 points, 4 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 1 of 5.

Vega with 8 points, 14 boards, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 9.

Abdur-Rahim with 9 points, 2 boards, and a block. Annen with 5 points and 2 boards.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #1578
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is against Saint Mary's. They are 6-6 with a roster rating of 82.

JR C Emmet Cruz is 7'1 242 and is rated 78 overall. He's suffering from Plantar Fascitis but will play. He's averaging 11.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 1 bpg.

RS JR F Jibrahn Callans provides size inside. He is 6'9 300 and is rated 77 overall. He has some nice range on shot and he likes to pound inside. He's averaging 12.8 ppg and 5.8 rpg.

JR SF Jeremy Irvin is 6'6 215. He is a poor shooter but is a decent defender. He's rated 76 overall. He's averaging 3.4 ppg and 5.3 rpg.

FR SG Kris Soson is 6'6 205 and is rated 72 overall. He has a nice midrange shot when he gets open. He's averaging 5.2 ppg, 5.1 rpg, and 2.7 apg.

FR PG Vince Villaneuva is 6'2 190 and is rated 71 overall. He's got a nice first step. He's averaging 5.7 ppg and 3.6 apg.

JR C Derrick Leonard leads the bench. He's 6'9 229 and is rated 77 overall. He's averaging 11.9 ppg and 4.2 rpg.

FR PF Torin Ike is another nice bench player. He's 6'7 225 and is rated 75 overall. He's averaging 2.5 ppg and 2.8 rpg.

The rest of the bench is rated in the mid 60's. I'll play them later.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:19 PM   #1579
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15:05 - A concerted effort to get Vega more touches is paying off early. We lead 8-4. I rest Vega and bring in Abdur-Rahim.

13:10 - Farrell draws a 2nd foul on callans. We are up 13-7. We bring in Annen for Farrell.

11:20 - Vega back in. Stevens gets a break. We are up 16-11.

8:06 - Dawson, Farrell, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega are my lineup now. We lead 20-18.

5:30 - Farrell gets a 2nd foul on Soson. We lead 24-18.

4:23 - Farrell picks up his 2nd foul. We lead 26-20.

3:33 - Kabba and Stevens back into the game. We lead 28-20.

Halftime: We lead 35-26. Good team defense today. Guys have talent and just need to gel more.

Farrell is the player of the half with 17 points and 1 board.

Kabba and Vega with 6 points each. Vega also has 7 boards, 4 assists, and 2 blocks. He is thriving with more touches.

17:13 - Kabba picks up his 3rd foul. I leave him in for now. We lead 39-29.

13:52 - Vega and Farrell are tired. I bring in Annen and Abdur-Rahim. We lead 41-34.

4:55 - We were up by 12, but our guys are tiring. Up 52-45 as I bring back a well rested Farrell and Vega. Dawson in for a tired Dillard. Annen to SF to rest Kabba and Abdur-Rahim in for Stevens.

2:22 - Vega with a kickout to Farrell who drills a 3 to give us some breathing room. We lead 56-47.

We win the game 60-51. Best defense I've seen from this team in a while.

Farrell is the player of the game with 24 points and 2 boards. He shot 6 of 16, 3 of 9, and 9 of 10.

Dillard with 6 points, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 3 turnovers. He shot 2 of 5.

Kabba with 15 points, 6 boards, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 5 of 12.

Stevens with 2 points and 2 boards. He shot 1 of 3.

Vega with 9 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks. He shot 3 of 6 but had a ton of touches.

Dawson with 0 points and 2 assists.

Annen with 4 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist.

Abdur-Rahim with 0 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #1580
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Watching more basketball over the last few weeks, I've decided to slightly bump up defensive awareness for both sides. Looking forward to playing my next game after the Kentucky-WVU game is over.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #1581
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 27, 2035 -

Next up is hosting a 4-6 Michigan State team that has a rating of 80.

We win 71-58.

Farrell leads our team with 15 points and 3 assists on 5 of 7 shooting (3-4 from the arc.)

Dillard with 8 points and 3 assists.

Kabba with 3 points on 0 of 5 shooting. Annen and Dawson each had 12 points off the bench. Vega with 9 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

(I typed this up hours ago, but forgot to hit enter apparently.)
Old 03-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #1582
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our next game is hosting Eastern Washington. They are 3-6 with a roster rating of 74. Their best player is SO PF Gus Smith who is 6'8 226 and is rated 74 overall. With the slight adjustment to defensive awareness and our slower pace, I'm hoping to hold them to around 40 points.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 PM   #1583
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15:00 - Not the start I was expecting, we went down 9-2. Now it is 9-6.

14:06 - Dillard picks up his 2nd foul. I bring in Dawson and Abdur-Rahim (for Vega.)

10:04 - We are playing lazy, slow defense. I call a timeout and yell at the guys to start pressuring their men. We are down 18-13. I go with Dawson, Dillard, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega.

5:35 - Dillard to Dawson for a 3. They call a T.O. That put us up 23-22.

3:05 - We are up 28-26 and our crowd is going crazy after a Vega dunk. He's dominating inside against their 6'7 center. I go with Dillard, Farrell, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega to finish the half.

2:15 - Dillard picks up his 3rd foul. Dawson back into the game. We are up 31-30.

Halftime: Not at all what I was expecting. We are up 35-32.

We are allowing them to shoot 50%. Ridiculous.

Vega is the player of the half with 12 points, 5 boards, and 2 blocks. He has shot 4 of 7.

Dawson with 9. Farrell with 5.

16:18 - Dawson picks up his 3rd foul. Badu will come in to run the show. We are up 40-38.

11:12 - Badu's length helps his defense and helps us que up a big run. We now lead 55-40 as they finally end the run.

5:44 - After another run, we are finally fatigued. Guys are slow getting to their men and they have hit a few 3's. I call a T.O to switch guys out. We lead 72-49. We had a 14-0 run before they hit the 1st 3. I'm emptying the bench and going with Badu, Annen, Fuller, English, and Abdur-Rahim.

Annen went off in garbage time. Hitting 3's, long 2's, fastbreak dunks, etc.

We win the game 91-57.

Farrell is the player of the game with 28 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 10 of 17, 4 of 10, and 4 of 4.

Dillard with 2 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 15 minutes.

Kabba with 9 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, and a board. He shot 3 of 9.

Stevens with 0 points, 5 boards, and 1 assist.

Vega with 20 points, 10 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 8 of 12 and 4 of 4 from the line.

Annen with 19 points, 1 assist, 2 steals, and a block. He shot 8 of 8, 3 of 3 from the arc.

Dawson with 9 points and 2 assists in 17 minutes.

Badu with 0 points, 8 assists, 2 steals, and 0 turnovers in 16 minutes.

Abdur-Rahim with 2 points and 6 boards. Fuller with 2 points and 1 board.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 PM   #1584
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Recruiting News:

PF Allan Wolfe appears to be all set to come to USC. I hope he doesn't have any last second change of heart.

Connally Moss is still leaning towards USC, but Wake Forest is definitely in the picture.

Time for Conference Play and the Pac-10 Preview:

Power Ratings:

1. Cal is #1 in the media poll and 10-0 with a roster rating of 94. They have a very good freshman C surrounded by 2 talented juniors and 2 better Seniors. The group is led by SR SG Roscoe Hoskin who I thought was going to go the NBA last year.

2. Washington is #2 in the media poll and is also 10-0 with a roster rating of 94. They have 3 talented SR's starting including star PG Cal Bailey who is finally in the starting role. SR PG/SG Stewart Simon is an explosive scorer for them. They have one of the most dangerous backcourts in the nation with that duo.

3. We are 7-4 with a roster rating of 93. If it gels, I think we can hang with anyone. Dillard may be the highest rated player in the conference. Vega is starting to show signs of massive improvement.

4. Stanford is 10-2 and 24th in the media poll with a roster rating of 92. They have the best freshman in the conference in C Deng Lennon who is rated 80 overall right now. They have 3 talented SR's around him including PF Cam Moran.

5. Oregon is 9-2 with a roster rating of 89. Their are young at PG and C. Their best player is SO SF Bob Swanson who can score in bunches.

6. Arizona is 9-1 with a roster rating of 88. They are led by SR PG Stefan Pardon. Their front court is young but filled with potential.

7. UCLA is missing Diallo. Their FR PF Taurance Diallo, the younger brother of Lloyd, isn't as good of a player as his older brother was, but he is the best starter they have at the position. Their strength is JR SG Lowell Filipovic. They are 7-5 with a roster rating of 88.

8. Arizona State is 6-5 with a roster rating of 88. They are starting two FR at SF and PF who will be very good down the line but aren't quite ready yet. SR C Levi Cortez is their most dangerous player and a favorite to win player of the year. JR PG Hensley Walton is also very talented.

9. WSU is 12-0 off a cream puff schedule. Yet, they are 22nd in the media poll. Their best player is SR SF Ross Taylor. They start 3 SR's. Their rating is a 86.

10. Oregon State is 8-4 with a rating of 82. Their best player is SR PG Wilson Wisniewski and he isn't up to the level of the other Pac-10 PG's.

Team Leaders so far:

PPG: WSU 85.8
RPG: WSU 36.2
APG: WSU 17.3
SPG: USC 10.1
BPG: Washington 6.1

Individual Leaders:

PPG: Levi Cortez, ASU 26.5
RPG: J. Neverett, Arizona 9.3
APG: PG T. Garrity, Cal 6.4
SPG: SG Simon, Washington 2.5
BPG: PF Hornsby, Washington 2.1

Scouts Views:

Best Overall Player: Dillard, USC 91
Best Freshman: C Lennon, Stanford 80
Best Shooter: PG Bailey, Washington
Best Playmaker: PG Garrity, Cal
Best Pro Prospect: Dillard, USC
Best Defender: Cam Moran, Stanford

We open up Pac-10 play with the best team in the nation, #1 Cal. A closer look at their roster:

SR SG Roscoe Hoskin is 6'4 211 and is rated 89 overall. He is an excellent shooter from anywhere on the floor. He's averaging 20.5 ppg, 3.8 rpg, and 2.1 apg.

SR SF Kalu Stevenson is 6'7 229 and is rated 87 overall. He's a great midrange shooter and a very good defender. He's averaging 12 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.1 apg, 2.0 spg, and 1.5 bpg.

JR PF Brooks Parham is 6'9 223 and is rated 85 overall. He's a very effective interior scorer. He's averaging 14.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, and 1.0 apg.

JR PF T.R. Garrity is 6'3 189 and is rated 85 overall. He's great ball ahndler and very good passer. His shooting is average. He's averaging 8.5 ppg, 6.4 apg, and 4.4 rpg.

FR C Jibran Delgado is 7'2 243 and is rated 77 overall. He's an excellent shot blocker. The rest of his game needs work, but he has great potential. He's only playing about 20 mpg. He's averaging 5.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 1.9 bpg.

SR SG Damon Thomasson leads the bench. He is 6'3 190 and is rated 84 overall. He's a very good 3 point shooter. He's averaging 9 ppg, 2.1 rpg, and 1.3 apg.

SR SG Hiram Starks is 6'2 183 and is rated 83 overall. He's a very quick slashing guard. He's averaging 4.0 ppg and 1.2 apg.

JR PG Lodrick Lyons is 6'1 195 and is rated 82 overall. He's only playing 5 mpg and is averaging 1.4 ppg and 1.3 apg.

SR PF Sidiki Giddens is their top option for size off the bench. He's 6'9 270 and is rated 80 overall. He's got a nice touch out to 12-14 feet. He's averaging 3.1 ppg and 2.9 rpg in a reduced role this year.

JR SF Kelly McCurry is 6'5 210 and is rated 80 overall. He's averaging 1.6 ppg in limited minutes.

The rest of their bench is rated in the high 70's.

I'll play them tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #1585
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

17:31 - Vega gets a 2nd foul on Delgado. We are tied at 4. Giddens comes into the game.

Giddens hits a 3 on his first touch.

15:42 - Vega gets a 2nd foul on Parham. We are down 10-7.

14:20 - I bring in Dawson and Abdur-Rahim. We are down 12-10.

9:50 - Down 20-16. I go with Dawson, Annen, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega.

3:53 - Annen is playing GREAT! He's showing a level of defense and athleticism that I haven't seen in a while. Some great finishing when we get out on the break and he uses screens to create penetration opportunities. We are tied at 30. They call a T.O after another Annen dunk. I bring back Dillard but leave the rest of the group out there, they are playing too well to pull them now.

Halftime: We lead 40-36.

Vega is the player of the half with 10 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Annen with 12 points. Kabba with 7 points. Farrell with 0 points on 0 of 4 shooting.

Garrity is leading them with 8 points and 3 assists. Stevenson and Thomasson with 5 each.

We bring back our starters for the beginning of the 2nd half.

15:08 - Kabba with a fastbreak drive gets a 3rd foul on Parham. We lead 48-41.

13:39 - Vega picks up his 3rd foul. I rest him and Kabba. Annen and Abdur-Rahim into the game. We lead 48-46.

10:24 - Annen misses a 3, but Abdur-Rahim with the thunderous putback dunk. We lead 52-50. They call time. I put in Dawson for Dillard.

Farrell finally makes a basket, a 3. 30 seconds later, he steals it and takes it all the way for the dunk.

After scoring nothing most of the game, Farrell has 6 quick points. Stevenson hits a 2 to end our run. We lead 58-52.

5:31 - Farrell hits another 3 to give us more room. I bring back Vega and rest Stevens.

4:45 - I haven't seen that in a long time. Hoskin with a non-contact injury as he made a cut. He's holding his knee. Farrell and Annen have been shutting him down today.

2:02 - Vega picks up his 4th foul. We are up 65-59. I go with Dillard, Annen, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega to finish it out.

Annen misses a shot, but Abdur-Rahim gets the offensive board. That is his 4th offensive board of the night. Our rebounding has been the key to our lead. We've outrebounded them 32-23.

They make a 4 point play at the buzzer as Annen fouled Hoskin who is ok, but we win the game.

We win the game 67-63. Great home win!

Vega is the player of the game with 16 points, 10 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He shot 7 of 10 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Dillard with 4 points, 2 assists, 1 board, and 3 turnovers in 22 minutes.

Dawson with 2 points, 3 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers in 18 minutes.

Farrell with 9 points, 1 board, and 1 assist. He shot 3 of 10, 2 of 7, and 1 of 2.

Kabba with 12 points and 2 boards. He shot 3 of 8.

Stevens with 4 points, 7 boards, and 2 assists.

Annen with 12 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist. At one point he was 4 of 4. He finished 4 of 12.

Abdur-Rahim with 8 points, 11 boards, and 1 assist.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:44 AM   #1586
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 10, 2036 -

Today we travel to play Oregon State. They are 8-6 (0-2.)

We beat them 70-66. Farrell led our team with 17 points, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 4 of 12, 3 of 6, and 6 of 7.

Dillard with 9 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals. Vega with 13 points, 9 boards, and 3 assists.

Kabba, Stevens, and Annen each had 7 points.

Our next game is at UCLA. They are 7-8 (0-3.) A look at their roster:

JR PG Kellen Delic is from Las Vegas. He is 6'3 187 and is rated 81 overall. He's a solid 3 point shooter. He's playing 25 mpg and averaging 4.7 ppg and 3 apg.

JR SG Lowell Filipovic is from Santa Clarita, CA. He is 6'4 210 and is rated 85 overall. He's averaging 30 mpg and shooting very well. He's averaging 16.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, and 2.5 apg.

SO SF Matt Caskill is 6'7 211 and is from Huntington Beach, CA. He's rated 79 overall. He playing 28 mpg and averaging 7.5 ppg and 6.4 rpg.

FR PF Taurance Diallo is 6'7 218 and is rated 75 overall. He's from Rancho Cucamonga, CA. He playing 24 mpg and averaging 5.2 ppg and 2.6 rpg.

JR C Jalen Cassler is 6'11 274 and is from Los Angeles. He is rated 80 overall. He's a much better defender than offensive player. He's averaging 9.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 0.8 bpg in 22 mpg.

JR SG Arturo Pittman leads their bench. He's 6'4 201 and is rated 81 overall. He's averaging 5.9 ppg and 2.4 apg in 17 mpg.

SR SF Dominique McKreith is 6'7 207 and is rated 79 overall. He's averaging 4.7 ppg and 3.3 rpg in 17 mpg.

The rest of their bench is getting 5 or less minutes per game, but they are all rated in the mid to high 70's.

I'll play them later today.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-28-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #1587
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
We lose 79-61.

I'm disappointed, but I'm proud of my team for getting this far.

Roll Tide!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #1588
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Roll Tide!

I'll get them next time.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #1589
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14:50 - We are down 9-7. Filipovic has hit 2 3's off of screens.

13:49 - I rest Dillard and Vega. We are tied at 11.

9:51 - Farrell gets a 2nd foul on Filipovic. We are tied at 22. He has 12 of their points. Glad to see him take a break. We go with Dawson, Dillard, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega.

Full blown track meet now.. both teams running a lot..

4:30 - We are down 36-35. Annen and Dawson are tired. I bring back all of my starters. I call time and tell my guys to focus on defense these last few minutes and slow down the pace.

Dillard gets fouled on a 3. He makes the first 2, but misses the 3rd. Vega with the rebound and the putback.

They ignored what I said about pace, but they are playing better defense, including a pair of steals that lead to easy fastbreak baskets and a block that does the same.

Halftime: We lead 55-38. The team is starting to gel and find each other in their favored spots now.

Dillard is the player of the half with 12 points, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block. He has shot 3 of 5.

Vega with 12 points, 4 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 3 blocks.

Farrell with 8 points. Kabba with 9. Abdur-Rahim with 6.

18:59 - Dillard picks up his 3rd foul. He'll remain in the game for now.

17:58 - Kabba is fouled really hard on a leaner in the lane.. he gets up and brushes himself off and then makes both FT's. We lead 60-45.

16:00 - Dillard gets a 3rd foul on Filipovic. We lead 64-49.

15:00 - Great ball movement from our guys right now. Great shooting as well. We lead 69-52.

14:00 - Their home crowd is booing as we are on a 10-0 run. We lead 74-52.

After the timeout, Pittman hits a 3 to end our run.

10:02 - A bit overdue, but I finally pull my starters after Stevens hits a basket to give him 10 points and ensure that all 5 starters were in double digits today. I go with Dawson, Badu, Annen, Fuller, and Abdur-Rahim. We'll empty the end of the bench in a few as well. We lead 89-58. Very satisfying.

5:44 - Abdur-Rahim hits a 16 footer to give us 100 points. He has hit 2 long jumpers today. If he can do that in crunch time, he'll add another dimension to our offense. We are up 100-64.

2:40 - Meant to do this earlier, but I was just fascinated with how Abdur-Rahim was shooting that outside shot. Anyway, I bring in Cox and English for Dawson and Abdur-Rahim. We are up 106-66.

We win the game 111-72! Great road win.

Farrell is the player of the game with 19 points, 4 assists, and 3 boards. He shot 5 of 8, 3 of 5, and 6 of 8.

Dillard with 17 points, 10 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 0 turnovers. He shot 4 of 6, 3 of 3, and 6 of 7.

Kabba with 18 points, 4 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 8, 4 of 6, and 4 of 4.

Stevens with 10 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 4 of 8 and 2 of 3 from the line.

Vega with 14 points, 8 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 5 blocks (tying his career high.) He shot 6 of 9.

Annen with 1 2points, 2 boards, and 2 steals. He shot 2 of 4, 2 of 3, and 6 of 7.

Abdur-Rahim with 10 points, 6 boards, and 1 assist. H ehsot 4 of 6 and 2 of 2 from the line.

Dawson with 5 points and 1 assist in 17 minutes.

Badu with 4 points, 3 boards, 4 assists, 1 steal, and 1 block in 10 minutes.

English with 2 points.

We outrebounded them 31-14. Our rebounding is key as we are getting 7 to offensive boards each game lately..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #1590
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At 10-4, we haven't cracked either poll yet.

Next up is 14-0 Washington who are #1 in the polls. I'm going to go ahead and sim it as scheduled. If they beat me, they deserved it. Their shooting is rated a perfect 100 as a team..

They beat us 80-64. Bailey with 22 points and 5 assists. Hornsby with 22 points. We held Simon to 4 points and 2 assists. We held their SF Hooks to 4 points as well. Vega held Wise scoreless.

Vega led our team with 15 points, 9 boards, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 1 block.

Dillard with 2 points and 4 assists. Farrell with 9 points and 3 assists. He shot 4 of 10.

Kabba with 9 points on 2 of 9 shooting. Stevens with 4 points and 3 boards. Annen with 10 points to lead the bench.

Our next game is hosting #17 Stanford (14-3/4-1.) They have a very balanced starting 5:

SR PG Edward Stephens is a real leader on the floor. He's 6'2 218 and rated 85 overall. Great awareness. He's also a very good passer and a solid shooter. He's averaging 7.7 ppg and 4.5 apg.

JR SG Moshood Ballard is 6'3 218 and is rated 86 overall. He is a very quick SG and I might put Dillard on him if he gets going early. He's also a very good 3 point shooter. He's averaging 11.1 ppg and 1.5 apg.

SR SF Frederick Barlett has torched us in past years. He's 6'9 225 and is rated 85 overall. He is a very good scorer in the paint. He's also a very good defender. He's averaging 8.6 ppg, 4.2 rpg.

SR PF Cam Moran has been the best defender in the conference for all 4 years. He's 6'9 238 and is rated 88 overall. His post defense has always been great. He's also an excellent defender on the perimeter who can block and has quick hands to get the steals. His wing span is tremendous. He has really developed his offensive repertoire as well and is being projected to go in the lottery. He's averaging 17.1 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1.6 apg, 1.8 spg, and 1.6 bpg.

FR C Deng Lennon is 6'10 245 and is rated 81 overall. He's a decent midrange shooter but doesn't play well with his back to the basket. Defensively, he is a very fundamentally sound player already. He's going to be their next great defender. He's averaging 5.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.2 bpg, and 26.5 mpg.

JR PG Terrence Wade leads the bench. He's 5'10 185 and is rated 83 overall. He's the fastest player on their team with elite speed. He's also a solid 3 point shooter. He's averaging 10.1 ppg, 2.1 apg, and 1.8 spg.

JR PF Jerrio Challed is 6'10 270 and is rated 83 overall. He has tremendous speed for a big man and is very quick on his feet. He's a very good rebounder, defender, and post player. He's averaging 10.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, and 1.1 bpg. He just needs to work on stamina.

FR SG Steve Roy Matheus is 6'5 192 and is from San Jose, CA. He's going to be a great player one day, but he isn't there yet. Very raw offensively. Solid defensively. He's averaging 1.3 ppg in 7.6 mpg.

The rest of the bench is rated in the low 70's. I'll play them later.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #1591
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16:11 - Kabba on the fast break gets a 2nd foul on Ballard. Stevens has had 2 offensive putbacks already. We lead 10-5.

16:03 - Dillard picks up his 2nd foul. Dawson into the game.

12:45 - Dawson with a drive into the lane gets a 2nd foul on Moran. We lead 12-8. Farrell is having a bad night shooting early, but the rest of our guys are getting it done.

11:00 - Farrell made one early 3, but is killing us now. We are tied at 14 as I call time. I rest Farrell and Vega. We bring in Annen and Abdur-Rahim.

9:44 - Stevens with his most productive half in a long time. Kabba picks up a loose ball foul, his 2nd of the game. We bring in Badu at SG and Annen moves to SF. We are tied at 17.

6:55 - Annen with a drive into the lane gets a 2nd foul on Lennon. We are down 26-23.

6:30 - Stevens picks up his 2nd foul. Phenomenal half for him. He'll sit down and rest. Vega back into the game.

3:10 - Dawson is tired. We go with Badu, Farrell, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. We are down 35-30.

2:34 - Vega picks up his 2nd foul. He'll remain in the game for now.

Halftime: We are down 41-36.

Our FT shooting is keeping us in the game. That and Stevens offensive rebounding.

Bartlett is the player of the half with 10 points and 3 boards.

Stevens also has 10 points and 4 boards. Annen with 7. Farrell with 5 but he is shooting 25% this game so far.

16:55 - Stevens gets a 3rd foul on Moran. We are down 48-41.

14:33 - Kabba gets a 3rd foul on Bartlett. We are up 50-48! 10-0 run.

14:02 - Vega with a block that leads to a fastbreak which ends in a dunk by Dillard and the foul! We lead 53-48. They call time.

13:54 - Kabba picks up his 3rd foul. I put in Annen for him.

Dukes hits a 3 to end our run.

10:50 - They keep calling time and we keep our guys rested and playing well. We lead 62-53. Stevens just picked up his 3rd.

6:45 - I rest Vega and Annen. We bring in Kabba and Abdur-Rahim. We lead 69-64.

4:26 - We lead 76-68. Good plays by Stevens down the stretch..

2:58 - We go iwth Dillard, Annen, Kabba, Stevens, and Vega to finish it. We lead 80-71.

We win the game 86-77. A great home win.

Stevens, going against the best defender in the conference, wins player of the game! 16 points, 10 boards, 2 assist, 2 steals. He shot 5 of 8, and 6 of 10 from the line.

Dillard with 16 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, and 1 turnover. He shot 4 of 4 from the field and 8 of 11 from the line.

Farrell with 7 points, 2 boards, and 3 assists. He shot 2 of 11. Great to see us win even with him having an off night.

Kabba with 7 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 2 of 6.

Vega with 13 points, 12 boards, 1 assist, and 2 blocks. He shot 4 of 8 and 5 of 7 from the line.

Annen with 18 points and 4 boards. He shot 5 of 9, 3 of 6, and 5 of 6.

Abdur-Rahim with 5 points and 2 boards. Dawson with 2 points and 3 assists in 13 minutes. Badu with 2 points and 2 assists in 10 minutes.

Barlett was their leading scorer with 19. Stephens and Ballard each had 11. We held Moran to 0 points and 4 boards. We held Lennon to 6 points and 3 boards.

We outrebounded them 36-29. Love how this team is starting to play..
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #1592
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 24, 2036 -

Our next game is at WSU which is at 14-3 (2-3.) They are 20th in the media poll.

They beat us 87-77.

They got 24 points from their star, Ross Taylor. They goy 18 and 6 assists from their SG, Halsch and 14 from their center McCants.

We were led by Dillards 13 points and 7 assists.

Farrell had 11 points but shot 3 of 12. Kabba with 11 points on 3 of 6 shooting.

Stevens with 11 points, 4 boards, and a block. Vega with 5 points, 5 boards, and 2 blocks as foul trouble limited his minutes. Vega shot 2 of 8.

Annen and Abdur-Rahim with 6 points each. Fuller with 6 as well.

Also, Dillard suffered a minor injury in the game and will have a sore knee for about a week.

We are now 11-6. Our next game is at Arizona (10-6/1-5.) Arizona's starting C is out for 2-3 more weeks with a separated shoulder. Their starting PG is slowed by a severe ankle sprain and their SF has a broken finger.

SR PG Kasey Pasco is starting in place of Pardon due to Pardon's injury. Pasco is 6'1 192 and rated 85 overall. He is an excellent 3 point shooter. He's averaging 11.8 ppg and 1.6 apg.

JR SG Harrison Wofford is 6'3 195 and is rated 82 overall. His best strength is his outside shooting. He's averaging 10.6 ppg and 1.9 apg.

JR SG Marty Gray is starting at SF. He is 6'4 207 and is rated 81 overall. His strengths are his defense and midrange shooting. He's averaging 7.3 ppg, 2.3 apg, and 1.7 spg.

SO PF Lyle Cole is 6'6 227 and is rated 76 overall. He's averaging 5.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 1.5 bpg.

FR PF Michael Castillo is starting at C due to the injury to Neverett. He's 6'10 244 and is rated 71 overall. He's averaging 2.3 ppg and 1.6 rpg.

They have absolutely zero size on the bench. No one over 6'5.

SR PG Stefan Pardon is 6'0 199 and is rated 85 overall. He was starting before this recent ankle injury. He's averaging 11.6 ppg and 3.5 apg.

JR SG Gavin Boatner is 6'0 170 and is rated 79 overall. His strength is his quickness. He's averaging 6.7 ppg and 1.1 apg.

FR PG Jeff Yates is 6'3 192 and is rated76 overall. He's averaging 2.9 ppg and 1.2 apg.

The rest of their bench is rated in the low 70's.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #1593
hoopsguy
General Manager

Seems like this team is playing better for you than the CPU ... might need to sneak in a couple of extra games to make sure you are not sweating the invites at the end of the season.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #1594
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Seems like this team is playing better for you than the CPU ... might need to sneak in a couple of extra games to make sure you are not sweating the invites at the end of the season.

I'll consider it, although I like the challenge of half of my games being computer simmed. Then again, I've already decided that if I get a super-freshman, one rated in the mid 80's who might be a 1 and done player that I'm going to play out every single game of their career until they leave.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #1595
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15:00 - They have started out shooting very well and we have not. We are down 15-5.

14:44 - Stevens picks up his 2nd foul. Abdur-Rahim into the game.

13:13 - Vega picks up his 2nd foul on a quick drive by Pasco. I bring in Fullar at PF and Abdur-Rahim at C. We are down 18-5.

9:49 - Farrell is heating up but they are shooting lights out. We are down 28-14.

9:12 - Fuller picks up his 2nd foul. Farrell is very tired. I go smallish. Dillard, Badu, Kabba, Annen, and Abdur-Rahim. Down 30-16.

8:10 - Badu with a 3. Badu gets our secondary fastbreak going.. 2 on 1.. he draws the defender.. throws the perfect lob.. Kabba dunks it with style! 30-21.

4:40 - Guys are tired. I bring in Dawson, Badu, Annen, Stevens, and Vega. We are down 40-28.

1:54 - Farrell is back in to finish the half. Him and Badu are the main reasons we are in the game still. 42-32.

Halftime: We are down 47-32. Unexpected, even on the road.

Pasco has 14 points and 4 assists for them and is the player of the half. Wofford with 13 points.

Farrell and Badu each have 10 for us. Badu also has 3 assists.

18:28 - Stevens picks up his 3rd foul. He'll remain in the game for now. We are down 50-33.

15:44 - Dillard picks up his 3rd foul and he is bothered by his injury. I bring in Badu. We are down 54-42.

8:55 - Vega is taking over the last few minutes. How long can he keep it up before he tires? We are down 66-58.

8:44 - Stevens picks up his 4th foul. I go with Dawson, Annen, Kabba, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega. Vega is tired but still playing well..

Dawson misses a 3 that starts a fastbreak. Vega picks up his 3rd trying to stop it. He's really huffing and puffing. I go with the following: Dawson, Dillard, Kabba, Fuller, and Abdur-Rahim. We are going to be trying to feed it into Abdur-Rahim primarily as Kabba is tiring as well. Down 69-58.

6:00 - Annen in for Kabba. We are down 72-62.

Fuller makes up for a turnover by generating 2 turnovers as part of our full court trap. 72-66 with 4:44 to go..

4:00 - We are down 74-66. I go with Badu, Farrell, Annen, Stevens, and Abdur-Rahim. Vega is still tired. I'll bring him back for the final 2 minutes.

Badu hits his 2nd 3 of the night! 74-69.

Badu with a steal! He feeds Stevens in the lane where he is fouled.

3:00 - We are down 74-71. They call time.

They get an interior basket, but Badu with a 3 at the other end. He is feeling it! 76-74. They call time. We bring back Vega.

Farrell with a block! They get the carom. Vega tries to block the 2nd shot.. and gets charged with a foul, his 4th. Cole misses the FT. He misses the 2nd.. but Castillo with the offensive board and putback! I can't believe Vega let him get the board.

1:50 - Badu with a drive inside.. he kicks it out to Annen who swishes the 3! 78-77.

Pasco with a 12 footer off the screen. Badu misses a 3, but Stevens gets the board and is fouled. He makes both FT's.

Annen is called for a quick foul on a steal attempt. They miss the FT's. Vega with the board.

Vega gets position quickly. Badu with a nice feed.. Vega backs down his man and hits the little hook shot. We lead 81-80 with 44 seconds left!

Stevens with a steal off our full court trap!

22 seconds left - They foul Annen. He makes both FT's.

Pasco misses a quick 3. Stevens gets the board. He is fouled with 15 seconds left. He makes both FT's.

6 seconds - They hit a tip in 2. They foul Badu. He makes 1 of 2. We lead 86-82.

1.5 seconds - Badu fouls on a 3 point attempt! Fortunately, he blocked the shot on the foul attempt. Pasco misses the first FT.. and makes the next 2.

They steal it the inbound pass! Pasco shoots.. and misses.

Wow. What a wild game. We win 86-84.

Badu was named player of the game with 19 points, 5 assists, and 2 steals in 19 minutes. The points surpass his old career high of 5.

Dillard with 1 point and 3 assists in 24 minutes. He also had 3 turnovers.

Farrell with 13 points and 4 assists. He shot 3 of 9.

Kabba with 10 points and 5 boards. He shot 4 of 8.

Stevens with 8 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He shot 1 of 4.

Vega with 16 points, 6 boards, 2 steals, and 2 blocks. He had 10 points during a key stretch in the 2nd half.

Annen with 11 points and 5 boards.

Abdur-Rahim with 4 points and 6 boards.

Fuller with 4 points and 2 boards.

Pasco had 22 points and 10 assists against us. Gray had 16. Castillo with 11 points and 10 boards which was disappointing. Wofford with 16 points.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #1596
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 31, 2036 -

Today we host Oregon. They are also 12-6.

We beat them 82-61! Dawson with 16 points and 5 assists off the bench led the way. Kabba and Farrell each with 15 points. Both shot around 50%.

Dillard with 11 points and 4 assists in 28 minutes. Vega with 9 points, 6 boards, 4 assists, and 5 blocks! He shot 3 of 11. Stevens with 0 points and 6 boards. Abdur-Rahim with 10 points and 3 boards.

We are now 13-6. Our next game is hosting 13-6 ASU.

ASU is led by star JR PG Hensley Walton. He is 5'11 167 and is now rated 85 overall. He's an excellent 3 point shooter, a great ball distributor, and a solid defensive player. His only weakness is that he lacks elite speed/quickness. He's averaging 10 ppg, 3.9 apg, and 2.3 rpg.

SR C Levi Cortez is 6'8 233 and is rated 83 overall. He loves to score in the post and he does so very effectively. He also has a reliable midrange shot. He's averaging 24.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, and 1.4 bpg.

SO PG Charles Sessoms is playing a lot of SF for them and starting most games at the position. He's 6'5 195 and is rated 82 overall. He's the best 3 point shooter on the team and one of the best in the conference. He's averaging 9.3 ppg and 5.3 apg.

JR SG Booker Stockman is 6'3 180 and is rated 79 overall. He's a slashing guard who has the best quickness on the team. He's averaging 9.8 ppg.

FR PF Douglas Hackstadt is getting force fed minutes. He's 6'7 205 and is rated 75 overall. He's averaging 4.9 ppg and 5.2 rpg. He playing 24 mpg.

SR C Clifton Collucci should be playing more for them, but he is not. He's 6'10 240 and is rated 79 overall. He's only averaging 5 mpg and is only averaging 1.3 ppg.

SO SG Karl Mason is another player who should be getting a bit more minutes. He's 6'3 209 and is rated 79 overall as well. He's a good slashing guard. He's averaging 3.6 ppg in 8 mpg.

That is all they really rely on as they run very heavy minutes for their starters. The rest of their bench is rated in the low to mid 70's.

I'll play them later.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #1597
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16:31 - Vega gets a 2nd foul on Cortez. They lead 12-6. Collucci into the game.

12:45 - Dillard hits a pair of FT's to tie it at 18. They call time. I rest Vega for a few.

11:12 - Dillard picks up his 2nd foul. Dawson in for him.

9:41 - We are up 23-20. I bring in Annen to give Farrell a rest.

6:00 - I bring in Farrell and Vega resting Kabba and Stevens. We lead 30-28.

We end the half with a 9-0 run, all the points by Farrell.

Halftime: We lead 48-36.

Farrell is the player of the half with 19 points, 2 boards, 1 assist, and 1 steal. He has shot 7 of 9.

Vega with 14 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and a block. He has shot 5 of 7. No one else with more than 5.

Sessoms leads their team with 11. Walton has 5 points and 5 assists.

18:28 - Dillard picks up his 3rd foul. Badu into the game.

15:00 - Guys are flying around on defense now. Much more lively. We lead 60-39.

8:27 - Farrell and Vega sit, possibly for the rest of the game. We lead 72-48.

4:00 - They are on a 11-0 run. 72-59 as I bring in Dillard, Farrell, Annen, Abdur-Rahim, and Vega.

Vega ends the run with another good post move and the foul.. he's down.. he's holding his knee. Abdur-Rahim in for him and Fuller into the game.

We win the game 81-67, but I'm just anxious to get the MRI results and see if Vega has any ligament damage.

Farrell is the player of the game with 32 points, 4 assists, 2 boards, 3 steals, and 1 block. He shot 11 of 16, 5 of 10, and 5 of 6.

Dullard with 2 points and 1 assist in 14 minutes as he was limited by foul trouble.

Dawson with 0 points and 2 assists in 12 minutes. Badu with 0 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 2 steals in 14 minutes.

Kabab with 9 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 3 of 8.

Stevens with 6 points, 5 boards, and 2 assists.

Vega with 24 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 10 of 13.

Annen led the bench with 4 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, and a block.

Sessoms led them with 21 points on 8 of 9 shooting. Walton with 11 points and 7 assists.

Time to check in on Vega's knee...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #1598
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good news! No ligament damage. Vega has been cleared to play and should be 100% in 1-2 weeks.

At 14-6 (7-2), we've jumped into 16th in the media poll. Our next game is hosting UCLA. They are 9-12 (2-7.) I can't pass up a chance to pound them again. I'll play them later.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #1599
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

15:33 - Kabba twists his ankle on a dunk attempt. We are tied at 10. We bring in Annen.

11:45 - We bring in Dawson, Badu, Annen, Stevens, and Abdur-Rahim. We are down 18-14.

11:04 - Badu with a drive into the lane gets a 2nd foul on Cassler.

6:00 - Bad stretch of defense. We are down 32-25. I get Dillard, Farrell, Kabba (who has been cleared), Abdur-Rahim, and Vega into the game.

2:21 - Vega picks up his 2nd foul. I decide to rest him. We are down 40-36.

Halftime: We are tied at 44.

Farrell is the player of the half with 16 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist. Vega with 8. Abdur-Rahim with 7.

Filipovic and McKreith have 15 for them.

16:26 - Farrell gets a 3rd foul on Filipovic. We are tied at 50.

16:02 - They get a 3rd foul on Vega. I rest him for a few.

10:39 - Abdur-Rahim picks up his 3rd foul. I bring back Vega. I also bring in Annen for Farrell who is tired. We lead 58-57.

6:31 - Vega picks up his 4th foul. We are tied at 65. I bring Farrell back into the game. He's my leading scorer.

6:20 - Farrell gets a 4th foul on Cassler.

5:49 - Vega gets called with a cheap foul (should have been a charge) and he has fouled out. We are tied at 67. Fuller into the game for a minute or two.

4:14 - I bring back Stevens. We are down 71-69. We also bring back Dillard.

3:12 - Farrell misses a dunk and they get a dunk the other way. We are down 75-71.

2:34 - Dillard is fouled while shooting a 3. He makes all 3 FT's. Down 75-74.

2:14 - Abdur-Rahim blocks a shot by Cassler.

Farrell misses a 3. Fliipovic misses a breakaway layup. Abdur-Rahim bothered the shot.

1:22 - Farrell with a 12 footer. We lead by 1.

Filipovic misses a 3. Farrell finishes the fastbreak with a layup.

They break our full court trap and get an easy look for Cassler. Abdur-Rahim fouls him to prevent the dunk. He makes 1 of 2.

31 seconds - Dillard draws a foul in the lane. He makes both FT's. We lead 80-76.

17 seconds - Filipovic hits a long 3.

11 seconds - They foul Annen. He makes both FT's.

7 seconds - Dillard with a steal of the pass to Filipovic! They foul him almost immediately. He makes both FT's.

Not the stomping I wanted, but a win is a win. We win the game 84-79.

Farrell is the player of the game with 29 points, 2 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block. He shot 9 of 18, 3 of 7, and 8 of 8.

Dillard with 12 points, 5 assists, 2 boards, 2 steals, and a block.

Kabba with 6 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists. He shot 2 of 6.

Stevens with 0 points, 10 boards, and 2 assists.

Vega with 10 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist.

Abdur-Rahim with 13 points, 8 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block.

Anne with 7 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and 3 steals. Badu with 6 points and 2 assists in just 8 minutes.

Filipovic led them with 20 points on 7 of 14 shooting. McKreith with 18.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #1600
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to start Kabba as he battles a sprained ankle, but we will cut his minutes.

Feb 10, 2036 -

Next up is 11-10 (3-6) Oregon State.

We beat them 83-60 despite a sub par shooting night from Farrell. Dillard lives up to his hype with 24 points, 5 boards, and 5 assists to lead our team.

Farrell shot 2 of 10 and finished with 7 points and 3 boards. He is so streaky.

Kabba with 13 points and 3 boards despite the limited minutes. He shot 5 of 11.

Stevens with 9 points, 11 boards, and 3 blocks. Vega fouled out in 12 minutes. He's getting too aggressive. He finished with 5 points and 3 boards.

Dawson with 8 points and 5 assists to lead the bench. Annen and Abdur-Rahim each had 9 points as well. Badu scored 6 points in just 4 minutes of playing time.

Despite the 2 wins this week, we drop to 18th in the media poll. We are now 16-6 (9-2) as we prepare for the last 3rd of conference play. Our next game is our toughest. We'll face #2 Washington that is 20-1. Their only loss is to Oregon which pulled off the major upset at their place 77-75.

They beat us 80-59 in a simmed game at their place. Can we get revenge at our place? They have a fearsome lineup, but two of their top 8 players are injured:

SR PG Cal Bailey is battling a sore hamstring. He's 6'1 202 and is rated 89 overall. He is the best shooter in the conference. He can hit from anywhere when healthy. He's averaging 15.7 ppg, 3.8 apg, and 3.4 rpg.

SR SG Stewart Simon is 6'5 235 and is rated 89 overall. He is a very good shooter, but a much better slasher and finisher around the rim. He has tremendous speed. He's averaging 14.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.9 spg, and 1 bpg.

SR PF Hornsby is 6'9 260 and is rated 89 overall. He has superior range and is the 2nd best shooter on the team. He can hit from 3 reliably. He is a rugged rebounder and an above average defender. He's averaging 17.2 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.6 bpg, and 1.3 spg.

JR SG Cornell Hooks is 6'5 202 and is rated 85 overall and he's starting at SF. He's a reliable shooter and an above average defender. He's averaging 9.4 ppg, 3.1 rpg, and 3.0 apg.

SO C Devon Vise is the only "weak" link in their starting lineup, but he's still a solid player. He's 6'11 265 and is rated 81 overall. He's slow and plods down the court. His post game needs work, but he is a good banger on the boards. He is averaging 4.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, and 15.6 mpg as they often move Hornsby to center.

JR PF Dane Challed is 6'7 238 and he is rated 85 overall. He plays a lot of PF when Hornsby moves to C. He's an excellent midrange shooter who can score in the paint as well. He's averaging 6.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 1.2 bpg.

JR PG Bert Brempong is battling a sore wrist. He's 6'7 216 and is rated 83 overall. He's averaging 6.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, and 1.2 bpg.

FR PG Lynn Lenzly would be starting on just about any other team in the conference. He's 6'2 192 and is rated 82 overall. He was the #1 player in the nation in H.S. last year. He's from Utah. Despite the lack of PT, he's still projected as a 1st round pick in the upcoming draft. I wonder if he will declare? He has tremendous athleticism and he's an above average midrange shooter. He's averaging 2.5 ppg, 1.9 apg, and 7.7 mpg. What a waste. I would get him major minutes.

SO SG Alexis Boggan is 6'5 205 and is rated 81 overall. He's another great athlete but not much of a shooter. He's averaging 1.4 ppg in 4 mpg.

FR PF Marvin Mance is 6'7 220 and is rated 80 overall. He's a better 3 point shooter than most guards. He was the #13 player overall last year and #3 PF. He is from Tacoma, WA. He's going to be a load in the future. He's averaging 1.1 ppg in 3.2 mpg.

The rest of their bench is rated in the high 70's.

I'll play them tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-02-2010 at 09:14 PM.