Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #601
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I really hope the person that won the "Show Bids" Service still does it as it still might shed some light on a few things but at the same time it may not do anything at all if this was indeed the case.

If I had to guess, the leader in the betting category was probably Darth with possibly Lathum right behind. If this person were to reveal the numbers for us we'd probably have a good starting point on where a wolf might be based on bets for Darth..but then again, who the eff knows.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:13 PM   #602
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't see anything Hoops is doing particularly wolfy. Why come forward with this info? Why would a wolf have that power, I think that would be WAY overpowered for a wolf to have that ability.

I think with certain players we always look to see what angle they are shooting at, when the simplest explanation may be they are telling the truth.

Checking in after giving the ACT this morning. All kinds of funky stuff going on. I know where I'm going in the next vote.....

You and hoops are getting kinda cuddly don't ya think?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #603
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Checking in after giving the ACT this morning. All kinds of funky stuff going on. I know where I'm going in the next vote.....

You and hoops are getting kinda cuddly don't ya think?

not really. We've been playing together for almost 7 years. You tend to learn a lot about peoples tendencies.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #604
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
well the fact is, you did know you had the power...you knew you coordinated a tie last night without knowing what the result would be...that is no different than a duke pulling the trigger onto a random person without any reason to go there except to use his power.

Actually, it is hugely different than using a duke power:
1.) Duke power is a one-time deal
2.) Duke picks who is lynched
3.) This action helped provide insight (assuming I'm reading it right) into the tie-break mechanism

Now, I'm not going to have pretended to think about it this deeply last night. I just figured I would let me vote stick and have the cards fell where they may since all outcomes seemed about the same in my mind. But the act was vastly different than the analogy that you are painting.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #605
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
not really. We've been playing together for almost 7 years. You tend to learn a lot about peoples tendencies.

And I don't cuddle with Giant fans.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:37 PM   #606
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Actually, it is hugely different than using a duke power:
1.) Duke power is a one-time deal
2.) Duke picks who is lynched
3.) This action helped provide insight (assuming I'm reading it right) into the tie-break mechanism

Now, I'm not going to have pretended to think about it this deeply last night. I just figured I would let me vote stick and have the cards fell where they may since all outcomes seemed about the same in my mind. But the act was vastly different than the analogy that you are painting.

i agree with all this, I was going to post my opinions of Sals comments but wanted to see what you said first
Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #607
Zinto
College Starter

I am not sure what Hoops would have to gain by admitting what happened. If he was a wolf it puts a target on his back that clearly no wolf wants. Not only is he a viable lynch candidate with people being suspicious of him, he also made himself a prime target for the opposite wolf faction for a night kill.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #608
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It saves us a whole day of trying to figure out what happened. Assuming he isn't a wolf it also means the wolves voted acting under the assumption the lynch would go down as planned, which means we can gain value from the voting.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #609
The Jackal
Coordinator

The only hint of foul play I could gain from that hoops reveal is that he knows he's a very likely target to be scanned early, especially if a veteran player wins the service. By revealing a role, that would lessen the likelihood of him being scanned. But this is all speculation - I find it unlikely that he is a wolf at this point, or that the wolves would have such a power. It is possible that he looked at the vote count and used this as a lie, knowing that it was in fact a mob action - but that seems a bit out there for hoops. Just some food for thought.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #610
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
He hasn't come out with any info, I think he's just referring to telling the truth about being a villager.

yeah this is what i meant. But if the situation was caused by hoops (assuming he's telling the truth) that discredits my thoery

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #611
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I mean telling the truth about not being a wolf

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #612
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, last night was...bizarre. Still gathering my thoughts.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #613
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow, last night was...bizarre. Still gathering my thoughts.

I've said that more times in my life then I care to admit
Old 02-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #614
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I'm just going to go along with the assumption that DV knew that he was going to be saved and just continued to act like a villager through the end of the day. That's the way I'm going to keep moving forward for this next day until something concrete comes in, sorry DV.

I believe you may be right. Time will tell, of course, but right now, he's as likely a candidate as anyone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #615
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I've said that more times in my life then I care to admit

That's what Tequila will do to you my friend

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #616
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

reffering to Lathum

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #617
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, in this game, with so much going on, it's hard to really tell what's really happening.

Hoops' theory is interesting, and if he's telling the truth, it's certainly something to consider. That said, it just feels a bit far-fetched. This had the feel of a duke move gone bad.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #618
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I believe you may be right. Time will tell, of course, but right now, he's as likely a candidate as anyone.

I'm guessing you aren't all the way caught up yet.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #619
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Okay, in this game, with so much going on, it's hard to really tell what's really happening.

Hoops' theory is interesting, and if he's telling the truth, it's certainly something to consider. That said, it just feels a bit far-fetched. This had the feel of a duke move gone bad.

Then why not keep us guessing? Why the reveal at all?
Old 02-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #620
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm guessing you aren't all the way caught up yet.

Yeah, stream of thought posting, not always good.

But in any case, I'm not ready to give over to hoops' theory yet, so I don't know that DV wasn't the engineer of last night's lynching.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #621
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Then why not keep us guessing? Why the reveal at all?

I didn't say hoops was the architect of last night and that he's revealing to some ulterior motive. I actually believe hoops has the power he says he does and that the vote was essentially a tie last night. So the unknown tie mechanism is certainly a factor consider. But there are many ways to break a tie in a WW game, and lynching the third candidate is pretty far down the list of likely outcomes. I believe hoops has his power, and is trying to make sense of things, so he revealed to point out this possibility. Kudos to him.

That doesn't mean that's what happened. It could still just be a duking.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #622
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Questions for Autumn: Can you bid "$0" for a service and get it if no one else bids? Or does a minimum of $1 need to be bid?

Also, what happens if two people bid the same amount for a service?

Old 02-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #623
hoopsguy
General Manager

It absolutely could be a duking, but I don't understand why it would be duked to PackerFanatic. If there was someone who bought/used a duke ability they may as well come out and admit it ... don't see reasons to hide that if they are a villager. Everyone screws up from time to time.

Oh well, we'll have answers at the end of the game on this. But if that "duke reveal" isn't forthcoming then I'm likely to act as if the tie-breaker is "next man not in tie" for voting.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #624
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Questions for Autumn:

The world will implode on itself

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #625
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, it could have been a mafia duking away from DV (or DT if it was submitted earlier), but yeah we really don't have any confirmation on that sort of thing. For right now we have to assume the tiebreaker mechanism you mentioned is what happened. People are welcome to discuss their thoughts on it, but it won't have to guide the day's discussion.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #626
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I honestly have no clue what to make of yesterday, I'm inclined to believe Hoops but i'm not trusting anyone 100% (besides myself). I don't think it was a duke though, I mean who would duke to PF with everyone on me DT, and lathum?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #627
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well, a few hours away from finding out what happens next. I'm curious to see what the new services will be for the day.

I think it's been said somewhere but the services that are Black Market Services that can only be used by the Mafia, can the the villagers bid on those items but maybe not be able to use them? Basically, to prevent the mafia from using it?
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #628
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Questions for Autumn: Can you bid "$0" for a service and get it if no one else bids? Or does a minimum of $1 need to be bid?

I asked Autumn the tied bid Q on page 2, he said we don't know the tie-breaker.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #629
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Who's gonna die.. who's gonna die..
Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #630
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

It is interesting to see who the killer(s) pick(s)

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #631
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

You need to bid at least $1. And yes, as someone said, the tiebreaker is unknown.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #632
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Bring it

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:06 PM   #633
Autumn
Head Coach

Sending out PMs for night actions.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #634
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

So....how 'bout them Dodgers?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #635
Autumn
Head Coach

The day dawns on a dingy city. You love it for its night life, but in the morning all you can think of is those mafia getting a stranglehold on the city you love. That fact is made all the more clearer when you flip on the news. It seems they found Lathum in his hotel room, a bullet in his forehead. Naked as a jaybird too. Well, at least he went out on a high note.

Lathum was a regular Resident of Vegas.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #636
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

[quote=Autumn;2424173]Naked as a jaybird too. quote]

Sounds like Lathum

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #637
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

shit
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #638
Autumn
Head Coach

You can bid on the following services on Day 3:

Tank Wallace, Professional Bodyguard - hire Tank for protection
Mario Juarez, Private Investigator - Mario will get the dirt on anyone you want
Cassie's Escort Agency - there's lots of things to do in Vegas at night
Knuckles Cassini - word is that if you want someone taken care of, Knuckles will do your dirty work
Destiny, Vegas Showgirl - everyone in town spends some time with Destiny in their lap, for a price
Speedeez Courier Service - you need to send a message, Speedeez will get it there
Kalustian Betting Parlor - This bookie's got his fingers in every bet in town
24 Hour Check Cashing - When you need to move money in a hurry
Janet Williams, City Hall Clerk - Janet processes very tax, fee and license in Sin City
Graceland Wedding Chapel - Vegas is the perfect place to fall in love, quickly
Old 02-12-2011, 08:22 PM   #639
The Jackal
Coordinator

Okay, I'm out celebrating a friends bday but wanted to get this out there. I of course bought tank with my winnings but also bought Mario, and scanned DV. He is clean, a regular resident of Vegas.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #640
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm a bit foggy, heading to bed soon. Let me know if I forgot to do something.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #641
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

So according to two seers DV and CR are villagers.. we're bound to hit mafia at some point. I'm going to look at a few things here and post again in a few minutes.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #642
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

who was the 1st seer again?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #643
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

and where did jackal get enough $ to buy 2 services?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #644
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

JAG?
Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #645
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Perfect Jackal, that's what I expected you would do and what we would find. I have a lot to say, either later tonight or tomorrow.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #646
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
and where did jackal get enough $ to buy 2 services?

Won the bet the first night.. so apparently winner gets more than $1500 bucks that I originally thought..
Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 PM   #647
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

No I know he won the bet, I'm just saying did it give him enough money to outbid everone on two services? It's possible of course, I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #648
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Right, unless someone flat out says how much $ you get for winning the bets, we won't really know. The total $$ amount on the two services tallies up to $4000. So now we know the winner gets at least $3000 assuming the $3000+$1000.

Seems like a lot of money to be had by winning a bet and would be extremely detrimental if the mafia ever won bets.

I'm wondering if we need to hit one of the apparent "Seers" to see what's what if we can't figure anything out during the day today. If a wolf said Chief Rum is safe and CR is a wolf then we'd nail two wolves by hitting JAG but at the same time we can't really afford to kill off another villager if JAG is innocent. The villagers NEED a hit today.. big time.

I am curious what JAG does have to bring up later/tomorrow. Eager to hear it sooner than later though.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #649
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

when is the next deadline?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #650
The Jackal
Coordinator

I won a lot of money for my D1 bet because I was the only person to bet on J. I spent most of it on those two bids. If I understand correctly it is split if multiple people get it right, but be aware that it is a ton of cash compared to what we started with. I wanted to use it to live and scan someone to make proper use of my winnings towards the village cause, and I did so. After my back and forth with DV and spending so much on tank I think it should be pretty clear that I'm a villager, but I realize there's lots of info in this game.