Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Did anyone notice...

...that Cincy won the whole shebang last year with a team that can only be categorized as "running and defense" last season? And the Bowl MVP was a 34/39 QB.

As more of the original better-talented QB/WR pool has retired, the league-wide QB rating was down to 81.1 last season. The two best QBs by far are about to retire, too. This seems like it's about to *really* get interesting.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
...that Cincy won the whole shebang last year with a team that can only be categorized as "running and defense" last season? And the Bowl MVP was a 34/39 QB.

As more of the original better-talented QB/WR pool has retired, the league-wide QB rating was down to 81.1 last season. The two best QBs by far are about to retire, too. This seems like it's about to *really* get interesting.

Yeah, I noticed as they ran all over me from one end of the field to the other!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
Sef0r
n00b

Defense will finally rule FOF consistantly?
Teams may start running, then defenses will be built to stop the run, etc...man you are right - interesting times coming up.
Sef0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sef0r View Post
Defense will finally rule FOF consistantly?
Teams may start running, then defenses will be built to stop the run, etc...man you are right - interesting times coming up.

I don't think it is going to be that simple. I honestly don't feel that I have had any problem building a passing game up even without the original QB/WRs that were higher in talent. I think you will still see teams able to pass just fine at a high level.

What I am expecting/hoping to happen is that we will see a wider variety of teams out there, and then it will end up meaning which teams matchup vs other teams better will mean more. ie: in last year's superbowl, my team was a solid defense, good passing, poor running team, while Cincy matched up well against me and throttled me like they seem to always do every time I play them.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote