Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2020, 12:55 PM   #551
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Really nice moment in the Fins game. Tua comes in late for the last drive. Crowd erupts and Fitzpatrick is encouraging the cheers.

I don't know that "vibe" is a meaningful factor in NFL football... but this Dolphins team under Flores seems to have it in spades

Players seem to love playing for him, and there's a deep sense of "they wanted me" amidst a roster that went through an absurd level of turnover the last two offseasons... I guess if you're there, yeah, you probably feel like you were hand picked

Need talent, too, but last year they were pretty dangerous late in the season with Fitz and a gaggle of low-talent obvious-tanking guys.

Not buying them to "make a run" this year or anything, but it feels like they are working an angle and that it could be productive.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:34 PM   #552
cuervo72
Head Coach

whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 10-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #553
spleen1015
Coordinator

Not only is the game terrible to watch tonight, but the announcers are equally as terrible. Steve Levi is not an announcer let alone a MNF announcer.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 PM   #554
Thomkal
Head Coach

So far, I'm a big fan of this version of the Cowboys
Old 10-19-2020, 09:31 PM   #555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Andy Dalton out there making Dak Prescott a lot of money.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 09:42 PM   #556
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

8/21 for 128 yds through three quarters. And 80 yards of that on one pass.

I wonder how many NFL QBs have had a 28-3 lead with a worse stat line
Old 10-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #557
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Fitzmagic relegated to the bench, Tua now starter. I have to imagine this was pre-determined to coincide with the bye week as Fitz has been pretty good.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #558
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fitz is a football legend.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:32 AM   #559
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Fitz understands who he is. The second it stops being fun, he's out. He is living his best life times 100.

This benching also gets him off the field before his inevitable 8-interceptions-over-two-games stretch.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #560
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I would totally try to flip Fitzmagic before the trade deadline. Jerry is going to need a QB eventually if Dalton can't pull himself up by his bootstraps. Or Foles will get hurt. Something will happen.

I suppose the same applies to Tyrod Taylor if he's healthy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:32 PM   #561
Ksyrup

It makes sense. Miami is 3-3 but a pretty tough schedule left - only the Jets and Bengals seem like walkovers out of the last 10 games. No one expects them to make the playoffs anyway and they're probably better off getting a higher draft pick. Would definitely make sense to sell Fitzpatrick.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-20-2020, 12:33 PM   #562
Ksyrup

Although I have no clue WTF Reid Sinnett is, if he would be the #2.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #563
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If Big Ben gets hurt again, I hope we're calling about Fitz instead of watching Mason Rudolph again.
Old 10-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #564
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Last night I was watching the game at my parents' place. My dad was moping the entire time because I was up by about 30 points in our head-to-head fantasy football matchup. He had Kenyan Drake, the Cowboys' kicker, and - God help him - the Dallas Cowboys team defense.

That Kenyan Drake 69-yard TD run in garbage time gave him a 0.22-point victory.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:10 PM   #565
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So far, I'm a big fan of this version of the Cowboys

As a Packer fan I laughed when they hired McCarthy. I think he cost Rogers another title or two during his prime years. Looks like the players are throwing him under the bus. I know Garrett wasn't good was McCarthy really the best Dallas could get?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:16 PM   #566
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Last night I was watching the game at my parents' place. My dad was moping the entire time because I was up by about 30 points in our head-to-head fantasy football matchup. He had Kenyan Drake, the Cowboys' kicker, and - God help him - the Dallas Cowboys team defense.

That Kenyan Drake 69-yard TD run in garbage time gave him a 0.22-point victory.

Woo-hoo Kenyan Drake!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:28 PM   #567
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My favorite offseason story was it getting "leaked" that McCarthy was "studying analytics," and that somehow made him the hottest coaching candidate in history.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #568
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Fitzpatrick gave a very honest interview about the benching. Admitted that it hit him out of the blue and left him heartbroken. But he's of course going to do what he needs to do to help Tua.

Cool to see such honesty and not just the typical playerspeak.

This was the right move for the Dolphins. They need to see what they have in Tua. But it's one of the sadder reminders of the business side of the game.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:43 PM   #569
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Not only is the game terrible to watch tonight, but the announcers are equally as terrible. Steve Levi is not an announcer let alone a MNF announcer.

How MNF doesn't just drive a giant dump truck of cash up to Kevin Harlan's house befuddles me. I mean, right now he's stuck on the depth chart behind not only Jim Nantz (which I can live with) but also Ian Eagle. If anything, he's a top four NFL guy along with Nantz, Al Michaels and Mike Tirico. At least it seems like Tirico is being groomed for the SNF slot and I assume NBC is paying him a ton of money to do the SNF studio gig.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #570
stevew
Hall Of Famer

is there something about playing WR that causes a guy to go insane? Michael Thomas almost seems destined to join AB, TO, Keyshawn, and Irvin(among others) in the meltdown phase.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #571
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
is there something about playing WR that causes a guy to go insane? Michael Thomas almost seems destined to join AB, TO, Keyshawn, and Irvin(among others) in the meltdown phase.

Hits to the head from going over the middle
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 PM   #572
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

This was the right move for the Dolphins. They need to see what they have in Tua.

See, I just don't get this take at all. They have him under contract for another 4.5 years. He's coming off a very serious injury, football is more chaotic than usual this year and they are 3-3 with a veteran QB playing the best football of his life. Teams have made it to and deep into the playoffs with that.

Feels to me like the Dolphins have looked at Herbert and some of the recent rookie QB successes and just assumed Tua is going to be that good and better right know than what they've got in Fitz. Let's see if they are right... but the idea that they'll never know what they've got if they don't start Tua in week 8 in his rookie season just doesn't make any sense IMO.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:58 AM   #573
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
See, I just don't get this take at all. They have him under contract for another 4.5 years. He's coming off a very serious injury, football is more chaotic than usual this year and they are 3-3 with a veteran QB playing the best football of his life. Teams have made it to and deep into the playoffs with that.

Feels to me like the Dolphins have looked at Herbert and some of the recent rookie QB successes and just assumed Tua is going to be that good and better right know than what they've got in Fitz. Let's see if they are right... but the idea that they'll never know what they've got if they don't start Tua in week 8 in his rookie season just doesn't make any sense IMO.

I see that. And you make some good points.

My take is that the Dolphins have gone all in on the Get a Young QB and Build Around Him model. Every decision they have made has been long term and not short term. I agree with that approach for the NFL and, thus far, I've been impressed with how they have stuck to and executed their plan.

And part of that plan is deciding if Tua is the guy or not. If not, you need to cut bait as soon as possible. If so, then you can continue the plan of building around him.

Basically, if the Dolphins were a rudderless ship that happened to fall backwards into Fitz having a career year, then I'd say stick with him.

But they have been so good at sticking to their plan that I think that they should keep it up.

I know we have a few Dolphins fans on the board. Interested in their take on it.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #574
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah I think that’s fair and that thought crossed my mind as well. With that being said, you just aren’t cutting bait on him until 2022... maybe even 2023? I don’t know if he looks terrible in the remaining 10 games this year with the relative lack And chaos of training camp and all the other stuff going on... does it really advance that timeline too much?

Definitely respect them sticking to a timeline. I personally would have seen if you can ride Fitz into the playoffs and then who knows what happens. Not like Tua doesn’t have a history of replacing starters in championship games
Old 10-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #575
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Benching Fitz when you have a good chance at the playoffs is poor for culture. They had better go 5-5 or better.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:00 PM   #576
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah I think that’s fair and that thought crossed my mind as well. With that being said, you just aren’t cutting bait on him until 2022... maybe even 2023? I don’t know if he looks terrible in the remaining 10 games this year with the relative lack And chaos of training camp and all the other stuff going on... does it really advance that timeline too much?

Definitely respect them sticking to a timeline. I personally would have seen if you can ride Fitz into the playoffs and then who knows what happens. Not like Tua doesn’t have a history of replacing starters in championship games

Not only that, but the East is winnable if you can beat Buffalo.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:23 PM   #577
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Seahawks/Cards to Sunday night. Possible raiders/Bucs could be cancelled or delayed. Also Ravens got Ngakoue from Minnesota. Rich get richer
Old 10-22-2020, 04:59 PM   #578
QuikSand
lolzcat

The Raiders' entire starting OL appears to be in the covid protocol, putting their ability to play in jeopardy... I'm seeing conflicting things but it sounds like the league is not open to pushing the game back. (I get they wanted a safe game for SNF in prime time because $$$)

Weird setup, yet again. Might mostly go away with clean tests by Saturday/Sunday, though.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #579
Ksyrup

I wonder if ESPN is throwing a fit about splitting Monday night, or maybe Tuesday is not the draw that Sunday afternoon is so CBS isn't keen on repeating TNF as a spillover whenever a game needs to get pushed back.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:25 PM   #580
cuervo72
Head Coach

What else do networks have now though? One of them was celebrating running movies like Clueless, Old School, etc.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #581
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
The Raiders' entire starting OL appears to be in the covid protocol, putting their ability to play in jeopardy... I'm seeing conflicting things but it sounds like the league is not open to pushing the game back. (I get they wanted a safe game for SNF in prime time because $$$)

Weird setup, yet again. Might mostly go away with clean tests by Saturday/Sunday, though.

I'm certain that whatever the minimum number of players they need to test negative will do so and they'll be fine.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #582
tarcone
Coordinator

this organizations are playing fast and loose. Shoot, where I work, the people in charge and playing games to minimize affect.

Dont think a multi-billion dollar entity isnt going to start putting people at risk and minimizing as much as possible.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #583
QuikSand
lolzcat

The G-men loafed on calling a punt and... that could definitely be a thing to try on purpose. Send out the short yardage O, switch w 8 sec on the play clock to the punt team who has practiced this situation, see if the D actually covers anyone and be ready to pass.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:24 PM   #584
Drake
assmaster

Daniel Jones tripping over his own feet in open space may be my favorite moment of the 2020 season so far.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #585
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Daniel Jones tripping over his own feet in open space may be my favorite moment of the 2020 season so far.

Sums up the Giants season. At least they scored eventually thanks to a penalty.

To think if the Giants had beaten the Cowboys in OT a couple weeks ago this game would be for first place in the division.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:36 PM   #586
bhlloy
Coordinator

Daniel Jones memes incoming in 3..2..1....
Old 10-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #587
bhlloy
Coordinator

OK, so I know Carson Wentz is missing a lot of weapons on offense, and I know the line is banged up but he just looks terrible. Like how can a 5th year QB be making this many terrible reads.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:59 PM   #588
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post

When the SB was here in Indy, I went to the Super Bowl Experience deal that they had. There was a whole setup for running the 40. They kept track of the fastest each day etc. Myself and 3 friends ran it together and when 3 of us got to the end, the other was laying about 3/4 of the way. Dude did the same thing Jones did. He landed so hard on his face, he crushed his nose and ended up having 3-4 surgeries to fix all of the damage. It was nuts.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:40 AM   #589
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Daniel Jones memes incoming in 3..2..1....
Old 10-23-2020, 07:38 AM   #590
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
When the SB was here in Indy, I went to the Super Bowl Experience deal that they had. There was a whole setup for running the 40. They kept track of the fastest each day etc. Myself and 3 friends ran it together and when 3 of us got to the end, the other was laying about 3/4 of the way. Dude did the same thing Jones did. He landed so hard on his face, he crushed his nose and ended up having 3-4 surgeries to fix all of the damage. It was nuts.

Anyone who has a kid recognizes what happened there: he was going faster than he actually can so he got top heavy and fell over.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #591
Ksyrup

It happened right as he glanced back and saw someone gaining on him. He clearly tried to run faster than he could handle and lost his balance. Glad for him that they scored a couple of plays later anyway.
Old 10-23-2020, 06:22 PM   #592
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sources - Antonio Brown reaches contract agreement with Tampa Bay Buccaneers
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 12:23 PM   #593
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Bucs always made the most sense but Arians seemed to be a strong point against it happening. But ultimately I assume Bruce just wants to win. AB is barely signed for more than the minimum and can be cut without penalty if he acts like AB.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #594
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

A very Cleveland start to the game. The Browns intercept the ball in the end zone and two plays later they throw an interception of their own and OBJ was apparently hurt on the play.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #595
JPhillips
General Manager

Browns power is nothing compared to the power of the Bengals.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #596
bhlloy
Coordinator

If the Falcons were a soap opera you’d say the script was too unrealistic
Old 10-25-2020, 03:12 PM   #597
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The end of this Browns/Bengals game is more entertaining then it has any right to be.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #598
miked
College Starter

That Falcons ending was incredible. I can't believe Gurley had no sense to just go down.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #599
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Oh, Atlanta.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #600
bhlloy
Coordinator

That was probably the best week of endings I’ve seen. RedZone really shines in these kind of weeks.