FM Classic Mode 2013

Yeovil Town Glovers
Huish Park (cap. 9,665)
League 1 – Media Prediction 18th
Board Expectations – Finish Near the Middle of the Standings
Transfer Budget - $0
Payroll - $1.87M/yr
Current Payroll - $1.72M/yr

After learning the ropes of this game with the Wolves, I am ready for a more challenging career. Yeovil is a League 1 team who are not in any position to be promoted. I hope to change that, but it will probably take time and I'll have to learn some new strategies that won't work with a rich team like the Wolves were. With no transfer budget, I'm not even sure how to improve right now.

The first order of business is to find a new ass man. Mine sucks. My scout looks to be the best one in the league, so I am happy with him.

I wrangle with John Dungworth and finally we agree on a contract for him to take over as my assistant. Out goes Terry Skiverton. With my staff in place, it is time to take a look at my team.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

When everyone is healthy, this is what we are looking at for a starting 11.

So we have a pretty small squad, but there are a few solid pieces.

GK – Stech is 22 years old and looks to be really good for this level. No concern here at all.

DC – We are pretty young and OK here. Ayling is excellent and Haynes-Brown has nice potential if he can ever reach it.

DL – McAllister is very good, but at 34, he probably won't be around much longer.

DR – Hinds is 31 and not very good to begin with. Both wings(?is that what they are called) need addressing.

MC – When healthy, we are solid here, but at 32 years old, Williams will need to be replaced.

ML – Ralph plays better at DL, and should be McAllister's eventual replacement. Or, he can grow into this position. He has excellent potential.

MR – Marsh-Brown is only 19 and although he prefers the AMC position, I think he will thrive on the right wing for a decade.

S – Hayter is awesome, but long in the tooth. Reid has some potential.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

As we play through the friendlies, I am scouting a ton of players that I can take on in a free transfer. Most of them sign on with other teams, probably because my board only allows me to offer a certain amount. I do land one really great player, 19 year old Daniel Devine. He has 4.5 star potential and is already rated 2.5 stars. I slot him into the starting 11 over Haynes Brown.

I also have a couple of contract offers out to a some youngsters. They would be more for the long term and would play in the reserve teams. I don't even know if I'll sign them.

I win 2 friendlies and lose 3, not that any of that matters. It is time to get ready for the season. We open home against MK Dons in the Capital One Cup. Then we see Doncaster, Hartlepool and Shrewsbury in August.