Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-06-2023, 11:50 AM   #651
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Windmills, Dude."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-06-2023 at 12:53 PM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:51 AM   #652
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Here's a bit of what happened: Trump just seems to think he can name any value he wants for his properties because he was President, and the banks all wanted to do deals with him

meidastouch.com

and that someday he MIGHT builds homes and condos on it which would make it worth more.
Old 11-06-2023, 01:43 PM   #653
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

"Windmills, Dude."

Yes you know all that crazy talk about windmills causing cancer came directly from Scotland denying him the chance to take then down." Every business deal gone bad, every time he tried to deregulate something (asbestos) it was because it had caused his business money at sometime in the past, and that's what his presidency was about-not democracy, just fixing things so he and his businesses would make more money after his Presidency was over.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:05 PM   #654
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes you know all that crazy talk about windmills causing cancer came directly from Scotland denying him the chance to take then down." Every business deal gone bad, every time he tried to deregulate something (asbestos) it was because it had caused his business money at sometime in the past, and that's what his presidency was about-not democracy, just fixing things so he and his businesses would make more money after his Presidency was over.

I genuinely believe he thinks everyone is like this and everyone thinks this way. He believes everything Obama, Biden, and every other president has done was to enrich themselves or punish enemies. That's why he's so open about it. He doesn't realize that being a self absorbed, narcissist isn't normal.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 02:13 PM   #655
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I genuinely believe he thinks everyone is like this and everyone thinks this way. He believes everything Obama, Biden, and every other president has done was to enrich themselves or punish enemies. That's why he's so open about it. He doesn't realize that being a self absorbed, narcissist isn't normal.

Yeah I agree with that.
Old 11-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #656
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

That makes the most sense.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 02:47 PM   #657
RainMaker
General Manager

Has he complained about toilets? That's a classic.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:18 AM   #658
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ivanka taking the stand in the fraud trial is being met with such ridiculous hype that if she doesn't get up there and say "My dad personally strangled Jeffery Epstein to death" it is going to be a major disappointment.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 09:27 AM   #659
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Nothing gets the media more excited that "famous blonde woman does something"
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 10:55 AM   #660
GrantDawg

"But look at her outfit while she says she doesn't remember..."

Old 11-08-2023, 10:58 AM   #661
Atocep
Coordinator

The real story is what they're putting her family through by making her testify during the school week.
Old 11-11-2023, 09:45 AM   #662
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm sure there were good reasons for the Fed court rule to not allow broadcasting but I'd personally like to see the Trump trial live.

‘Travesty in darkness’: Trump backs drive to televise his D.C. election-subversion trial - POLITICO
Quote:
The five-page submission to U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan makes no mention of a federal court rule that has been in place for decades prohibiting broadcasting of criminal court proceedings.

Prosecutors from special counsel Jack Smith’s team cited that rule last week in opposing the effort by an array of news outlets, including POLITICO, to win permission to cover the historic trial of a former — or current — president on criminal charges.
Trump's team wants it.

Quote:
Last month, news organizations filed formal motions with Chutkan seeking permission to offer live video and audio coverage of the trial. The news outlets cited the unusual degree of interest in the trial and the challenges the court is likely to face in trying to accommodate spectators in the courthouse.
The MSM wants it.

Quote:
Democratic lawmakers and news outlets also asked the policymaking body for the federal courts, the Judicial Conference, to grant an exception to the broadcasting ban so that the Trump D.C. trial could be televised. However, at a meeting last month, a committee of that conference said that it lacked authority to grant an exception and that changing the rule would take years.
The Dems want it.

Quote:
Smith’s team also said TV coverage would present risks to the trial, potentially intimidating witnesses and jurors.
This argument seems weak to me. Have the witnesses testify behind something then or have the jurors in a separate, enclosed room. Or heck, spend some of my taxpayer money and assign 24x7 juror protection for next 5 years.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:36 AM   #663
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i haven't said this in awhile but he is a crazy prick
Old 11-17-2023, 11:13 AM   #664
Atocep
Coordinator

Old 12-06-2023, 02:27 PM   #665
Thomkal
Head Coach

Nevada Grand Jury indicts six Republicans today for their role in the fake elector scheme, including the Party Chairman.
Old 12-11-2023, 05:56 AM   #666
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I, for one, am shocked Trump won't get on the stand and testify. I can't believe he's being silenced again!!!
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:41 AM   #667
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I, for one, am shocked Trump won't get on the stand and testify. I can't believe he's being silenced again!!!

Yeah that makes three trials in a row now where he was going to "show us his courage" or some such nonsense.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:02 PM   #668
Thomkal
Head Coach

Special Counsel Jack Smith applies directly to the Supreme Court to give a ruling on Trumo's Immunity claims right now rather than wait for the Appeals process to play out because we all know that is where its going to end up eventually.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:21 PM   #669
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I really hope they grant review.

Whatever the answer is, the sooner we know, the better.
Old 12-11-2023, 06:16 PM   #670
GrantDawg

They asked a brief from Trump's lawyers, so they are considering looking at it.

Old 12-12-2023, 07:00 AM   #671
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The irony here is that Trump is getting special treatment, just not in the way he thinks he is. A lot of my clients would love it if the appellate courts dropped everything to rule on their defense motions in an expedited manner. He's getting a huge amount of deference here (which is probably the right result considering that he is a former president).
Old 12-12-2023, 07:56 AM   #672
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The irony here is that Trump is getting special treatment, just not in the way he thinks he is. A lot of my clients would love it if the appellate courts dropped everything to rule on their defense motions in an expedited manner. He's getting a huge amount of deference here (which is probably the right result considering that he is a former president).
No doubt. Most of these decisions would take forever, which is what he wished. He has long played that game in the courts, counting on the long delays to draw things out. Now everything is getting expedited and I'm sure he hates it. Even as Right-leaning this court is, I don't see him winning these appeals. I don't think the Supremes are going to give a "get out of jail free" card to every former president.
Old 12-12-2023, 10:44 AM   #673
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

And being very pragmatic and cynical and Machiavellian about it, I think that Roberts, Kavanaugh, and possibly Barrett all think that the prospects for the GOP and for the conservative movement writ large are better with Trump out of the picture.

They are right wingers, but they are institutionalists. They see the MAGA bomb throwing as adverse to their interests. They'd rather turn the country to the right slowly and legally and through the proper channels.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:48 PM   #674
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Special Counsel Jack Smith applies directly to the Supreme Court to give a ruling on Trumo's Immunity claims right now rather than wait for the Appeals process to play out because we all know that is where its going to end up eventually.

This reminds me of the breach of etiquette by going straight to the triple dog dare.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:49 PM   #675
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
No doubt. Most of these decisions would take forever, which is what he wished. He has long played that game in the courts, counting on the long delays to draw things out. Now everything is getting expedited and I'm sure he hates it. Even as Right-leaning this court is, I don't see him winning these appeals. I don't think the Supremes are going to give a "get out of jail free" card to every former president.

Or every future president

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:13 PM   #676
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
This reminds me of the breach of etiquette by going straight to the triple dog dare.

Well I'm all for the Triple Dog Dare at this point.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:38 PM   #677
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post

His plan was to get on the stand and campaign by attacking the judge and everyone else. When the gag order was upheld that went out the window.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #678
Thomkal
Head Coach

Rudy G defamation jury is in and orders $75 million in damages total to both woman

Last edited by Thomkal : 12-15-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 05:53 PM   #679
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

that's 75 million PER woman. Roughly $150 million
Old 12-15-2023, 07:51 PM   #680
kingfc22
Head Coach

You hate to see it
Old 12-16-2023, 09:30 AM   #681
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
apparently due to Georgia law it will be very hard, if not impossible for Rudy to appeal. If you do file an appeal, you have to submit an appeal bond, which is the amount of the judgement plus some extra costs to cover the appeal if you lose.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:33 AM   #682
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

He can just ask Trump for a loan.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 10:45 AM   #683
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I love how in all these Trump-related/adjacent trials it takes the juries a minimal amount of time to return with a verdict. The criming is so obvious, yet apparently immaterial to the half of the population who will vote for him. We are so fucked as a country.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 05:40 PM   #684
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I get that being sane wasn’t in his nature. But if Rudy had retired a few years after 9/11 and moved to a nice house upstate and done the occasional six-figure speech and written the best selling “America’s Mayor“ book. And then just appeared every so often in a Fourth of July parade, sitting in the back of a convertible and waving he’d still be at like 95% popularity and everyone would be talking about how he would’ve been the greatest president ever if he had decided to run.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:04 PM   #685
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I get that being sane wasn’t in his nature. But if Rudy had retired a few years after 9/11 and moved to a nice house upstate and done the occasional six-figure speech and written the best selling “America’s Mayor“ book. And then just appeared every so often in a Fourth of July parade, sitting in the back of a convertible and waving he’d still be at like 95% popularity and everyone would be talking about how he would’ve been the greatest president ever if he had decided to run.

Yeah that's true for me. I grew up 90 minutes from NYC, and I was considering voting for him when he ran in 2008 before the Republican Party went off the wagon. But he went all in on the crazy after that, so glad he didn't get the nomination.
Old 12-18-2023, 07:25 PM   #686
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
that's 75 million PER woman. Roughly $150 million

Rudy had 2 women? That sounds unlikely
Old 12-18-2023, 07:44 PM   #687
GrantDawg

He disappointed two women, which is actually a slow day for him.

Old 12-18-2023, 08:10 PM   #688
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

If you go back and watch him speak back then and compare it to now it's night and day. Either that angry, simplistic way of speaking is just something that comes with being from the lead paint era or he's gone all in on Trumpism. I'm honestly not sure which it is.

But yeah, he's a useless tool to the right at this point and he's completely destroyed his legacy. Instead of coasting with millions in his bank account and fondly remembered he'll likely die broke and alone.
Old 12-18-2023, 08:37 PM   #689
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
If you go back and watch him speak back then and compare it to now it's night and day. Either that angry, simplistic way of speaking is just something that comes with being from the lead paint era or he's gone all in on Trumpism. I'm honestly not sure which it is.

But yeah, he's a useless tool to the right at this point and he's completely destroyed his legacy. Instead of coasting with millions in his bank account and fondly remembered he'll likely die broke and alone.

Especially because he's going to have even less money as the two GA women sued him again for defamation after his comments during the first trial.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:54 AM   #690
RainMaker
General Manager

Rudy is and always has been a raging alcoholic. I just think it's tougher for him to hide it and work with that kind of consumption as he ages.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:25 PM   #691
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

CO Supreme Court says that Trump is banned from the ballot due to the 14th Amendment.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:35 PM   #692
RainMaker
General Manager

And now we get those states' rights Supreme Court justices in DC to tell us that states' rights don't matter in this particular case for this particular candidate.
Old 12-19-2023, 05:42 PM   #693
Edward64
Head Coach

Go Colorado!

It’ll be fascinating how it plays out
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:47 PM   #694
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It forces SCOTUS to say something and I'm sure Roberts wants nothing to do with this case.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:34 PM   #695
GrantDawg

I put it at about 5% chance the SCOTUS doesn't overturn this. It is just the "how" that is the question. My guess is they will find the most narrow way possible to overturn, though Gorsuch will write a concurring opinion stating White Republican candidates can't be charged with insurrection since they are the only true Patriots.

Old 12-19-2023, 06:55 PM   #696
RainMaker
General Manager

The argument they'll make is that the constitution doesn't explicitly say President. It says "officers of the United States".

It's still hypocritical since they let states do whatever they want when it's something they support under the guise of "states' rights". But that's the loophole they'll use.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:56 PM   #697
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
It forces SCOTUS to say something and I'm sure Roberts wants nothing to do with this case.

Roberts wishes the GOP would have found their spine back and got rid of the last election loser who went away like people normally did in the last 60 years.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:48 PM   #698
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The argument they'll make is that the constitution doesn't explicitly say President. It says "officers of the United States".

It's still hypocritical since they let states do whatever they want when it's something they support under the guise of "states' rights". But that's the loophole they'll use.

Not that it will stop Alito, Gorsuch, or Thomas but the court specifically outlined why this applies to the Office of the President. The ruling is well researched and it should be difficult to use that particular argument to overturn.

It's going to come down to Kavanaugh he's a tough read on this. He's been all for executive power, but it also seems like he'd side with the Colorado Supreme Court based on some of his previous writings and rulings. He's shown he has no problem ruling against Trump as well.

I'd say 75% chance this goes 5-4 striking it down just because they start with 3 votes in the bag on a stacked court though.
Old 12-19-2023, 08:31 PM   #699
GrantDawg

They did outline why it applied to the office of the President and I think their argument is sound, but even the lower court disagreed which is why they overturned their ruling. It wouldn't be surprising if SCOTUS agrees with the lower court. There is at least some legitimate point of contention there.

Old 12-19-2023, 09:30 PM   #700
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think the real issue is timing. I don't think the SC will rule in time, and if there is no ruling, then the order is not in effect (this is explicitly stated in the decision), ie he will remain on the ballot.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote