Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #751
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
It seems like I have heard the sorcerer role reffered to as a seer for the bad guys. When you say sorcerer role, what do you mean?
Gram you're right; the sorcerer is a counter seer. Hoops and I are thinking of the cultist. In RPI's game it had the following description

Quote:
Cultist - You win if the werewolves win. You know who the wolves are, but they don't know who you are. You are counted as a regular villager in headcounts, including the victory headcount.

showing that there's clear precedent for the role going that way.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #752
kingfc22
Head Coach

Sorry I didn't get a vote in today, but at least we finally got a Sith. Woot!
Old 03-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #753
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Hoops is right that having neither side know the other is the most common way, but I'm 95% sure we have had games where the sorcerer knows the bad guys but the bad guys do not know the sorcerer. Might have even been game where dubb was the sorcerer and did a fake seer reveal.

Ah yes, that game.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=513

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=644

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #754
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Sorry I didn't get a vote in today, but at least we finally got a Sith. Woot!

No offense (seriously), but how can you celebrate when you had absolutely nothing to do with bagging the Sith? I just don't get it.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #755
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Today, 09:13 PM #655
KWhit

Pro Rookie

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desnudo

It's how he plays. Sow confusion.

I don't (and never will) understand why some villagers/jedi/whatever would play this way. I find it completely unhelpful to the rest of the good guys.

So either Ardent is a sith, or he's an unhelpful jedi keeping us from finding the sith. So he needs to go, IMO.

There was my original post that pissed you off so badly. If that offended you enough to call me a jerk, then you are far too sensitive, IMO. Oh well...

But I wonder what your thinking was. If you are a Jedi, then how does voting for yourself help us find the Sith? Unless you're the Duke and happen to know a sith to switch the vote too, I don't understand the logic of voting for yourself.

What got me angry was the unhelpful jedi part. Unhelpful? I seriously doubt I would have been part of the discussion today had it not been for dubb, who as it turns out was working for the bad guys. Looking at it now, dubb when he did the fake seer reveal games back, did the same thing there. Just because I'm trying a different tactic, a tactic a lot of players try to use, doesn't mean I am
1) A sith
2) Unuseful or
3) Keep you from finding the sith.

How does voting for myself help? How many times will I answer this? This will be the final time. Why get lynched? It made no sense to me, but more than one player in this thread stated that they would learn more by my death than by dubb's. So I did the unselfish thing and voted myself, not the unhelpful. The votes were not going to come to me if I didn't switch to myself...at least it didn't appear that way. My vote was a two vote swing, 1 away from dubb and 1 to me. Without that, there's no way I get lynched. I'm not the duke. Not the bodyguard. Not anything. Vanilla jedi. I couldn't be more plain if I was an extra jedi in one of the movies. I've got nothing going for me other than to see the jedi win. If my death leads to jedi victory, I was willing to do that.

Now that the dust has settled, I will sit back and watch again. That, and work on this blasted research paper that I can find no information on.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #756
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
No offense (seriously), but how can you celebrate when you had absolutely nothing to do with bagging the Sith? I just don't get it.
How can one not celebrate when we get a bad guy? I'm no fan of people not voting but I hardly begrudge a person for posting (even if insincerely) about getting a baddie.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #757
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

Now that the dust has settled, I will sit back and watch again. That, and work on this blasted research paper that I can find no information on.
I thought the paper was on yourself
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #758
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
How can one not celebrate when we get a bad guy? I'm no fan of people not voting but I hardly begrudge a person for posting (even if insincerely) about getting a baddie.
Sarge and Penny did not vote either. Did either one say anything about being unable to be around for the weekend?
Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #759
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I thought the paper was on yourself
Ah, that's on the back burner. I'm currently working on how gas prices are affecting the "X Industry".

It's supposed to the electronics industry, but I can't find jack on it. Only thing I'm finding on gas prices and their effect is at the pump.

Two articles is all I've found all day that didn't deal with the pump directly.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #760
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I'm really sorry I didn't get to vote today guys. We got hit really hard at the fire station and this is one of the first chances I've even had to look at the thread. It looks as though you did the right thing with dubb, I just hope we can keep the momentum going in the right direction. We are on a nice little roll right now.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #761
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
It made no sense to me, but more than one player in this thread stated that they would learn more by my death than by dubb's. So I did the unselfish thing and voted myself, not the unhelpful.

Yes, I saw where you posted that as your reasoning. But it's different for them than for you. The people who were voting for you and said that they would learn from your death don't know if you're a jedi or not! If they knew 100% that you were a Jedi, they wouldn't want to vote for you! They wouldn't care what they learned from lynching you - they'd rather go after somebody that had a chance at being a Sith.

But you know your role. Assuming you're telling the truth, you know that you're a Jedi. So you were voting for somebody you knew for a fact was a good guy. That makes no sense to me - vote for someone who at least has a chance of being a baddie.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #762
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ah, that's on the back burner. I'm currently working on how gas prices are affecting the "X Industry".

It's supposed to the electronics industry, but I can't find jack on it. Only thing I'm finding on gas prices and their effect is at the pump.

Two articles is all I've found all day that didn't deal with the pump directly.
I'm sure gas prices are affecting X in all forms by raising the price of delivery for goods and services. This raise gets passed on to consumers in the form of more expensive everything.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #763
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I'm sure gas prices are affecting X in all forms by raising the price of delivery for goods and services. This raise gets passed on to consumers in the form of more expensive everything.
Yeah, I just need to find articles stating as such.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #764
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Yes, I saw where you posted that as your reasoning. But it's different for them than for you. The people who were voting for you and said that they would learn from your death don't know if you're a jedi or not! If they knew 100% that you were a Jedi, they wouldn't want to vote for you! They wouldn't care what they learned from lynching you - they'd rather go after somebody that had a chance at being a Sith.

But you know your role. Assuming you're telling the truth, you know that you're a Jedi. So you were voting for somebody you knew for a fact was a good guy. That makes no sense to me - vote for someone who at least has a chance of being a baddie.

That's understandable. I can see your point.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #765
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well if it is any consolation I had fun this game and I'll start playing more often in the future again.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #766
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Well if it is any consolation I had fun this game and I'll start playing more often in the future again.
I find that to be excellent news indeed.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #767
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Mckerney also voted for Dubb on Day 1 (post 229). He was the only person to vote for him prior to today, at least as the final vote. I haven't tracked all the changes, just the final votes.

That vote was purely random. Helpful or a good idea? Maybe neither, but there was no reason for that vote.

Quote:
Assuming that the Sith knew the identity of Dubb, I would expect that mckerney vaults up the trusted list now.

I suppose it does, and I knew it likely would if dubb did turn out to be a Sith, and way up on the distrust lists if I was wrong. Thankfully my instinct turned out right. Unfortunately it coud move me up on another list that could prove harmful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
mckerney voted Qwik on day 2.

And there's about a 90% chance I will tomorrow as well.

Quote:
Ardent moves up as well, although Dubb is crafty enough to provide cover for a Sith. Still, I'm inclined to put this as a fairly low likelihood.

Agreed, though if we can lynch Qwik tomorrow and he indeed turns out to be a Sith, I'll be inclined to suspect ardent again.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #768
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Sorry that I didn't vote. I had an opportunity to, but I wanted to read a few more of the posts before making up my mind. Then my son fell and split open his head and we had to rush him to the emergency room for stitches. (He is fine). But I should have cast my vote earlier anyway.

My one thought here is that Ardent's vote for himself, and his claim that he never wants to play this game again sounds suspiciously like his argument last game when he kept threatening to quit the game because everyone was against him. It puts him at the top of my questionable people list.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #769
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Don't consider it a never. Consider it a retirement, and considering that I didn't die and that dubb was revealed as a bad guy, I feel a change of heart coming on.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #770
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Sorry to hear that about your son and good to hear he is fine.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #771
hoopsguy
General Manager

StKelly, glad to hear your kid is OK.

Dubb, glad to hear that you had fun and I'll look forward to being wrong about you again in another game soon.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #772
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm also glad to hear your son is okay.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #773
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I want to understand this correctly:

Some believe that fighting fires/saving lives and the well being of their children are priorities over werewolf?

stkelly I too am glad to hear your son is alright and just remember how resiliant children really are; I'm sure he'll be up and running in no time.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #774
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Actually he already was up and running around. No cuncussiom or anything, just a lot of blood (head wounds bleed a lot even when they aren't very bad.) but yeah he is fine.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:56 PM   #775
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Ardent, I wouldn't put it past you to have arainged go up against dubb knowing that once he was reveiled as a bad guy it would help you look better.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #776
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Impossible. There's no way we'd both know who we are.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #777
SackAttack
Head Coach

Jesus. Six pages while I was at work. So much for nobody being here this weekend!

Awesome that we nailed, at the least, a Sith sympathizer. Of course, that raises the question again about how many Sith there are.

I still don't believe AE is Sith, but part of me wonders about the possibility. Dubb and AE were on each other pretty good tonight, and I wonder if that might have been to disassociate from one another in the group's eyes.

Hopefully what deterred the Sith last night was the bodyguard, and he can do it again tonight.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #778
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

IMO, if you forget to vote/ do not vote, you should say "sorry", shut the fuck up, and wait until the next day.

Not talking a lot is much different than not doing ANYTHING.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #779
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Impossible in the sense that he couldn't have known you and vice versa, absolutely.

Not impossible that one of you could have known both yourself and not the other, while the one in the dark was trying to save his own ass.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #780
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I still say it's impossible. If he's a Jedi, sith sympathizer or not, and I'm a sith. There's no way

1.) we could communicate or
2.) that we would both know our roles. I could buy one or the other being able to do so, but not both of us.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:03 PM   #781
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Not impossible that one of you could have known both yourself and not the other, while the one in the dark was trying to save his own ass.
If you'd like to pursue that, by all means, get nowhere fast.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #782
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I still say it's impossible. If he's a Jedi, sith sympathizer or not, and I'm a sith. There's no way

1.) we could communicate or
2.) that we would both know our roles. I could buy one or the other being able to do so, but not both of us.

That's what I'm saying. You couldn't have been in complicity with one another. That doesn't prevent you from both being Sith or Sith sympathizers.

I do not believe you are a Sith, however. Just pointing out that the scenario isn't ludicrous from a logical perspective.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #783
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
That is an assumption, but do we know that for certain? Also if you didn't know, then what about the situation would cause people to have a change of heart?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #784
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. You couldn't have been in complicity with one another. That doesn't prevent you from both being Sith or Sith sympathizers.

I do not believe you are a Sith, however. Just pointing out that the scenario isn't ludicrous from a logical perspective.
Understood.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #785
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52
That is an assumption, but do we know that for certain? Also if you didn't know, then what about the situation would cause people to have a change of heart?
I'm lost, honestly. I don't know what you're saying.

As for certainty? I'm about 100% certain that would never happen. Besides, earlier today neither dubb or I was on the radar. If I were to fabricate this story, I'd certainly at least wait until

1) I had converted dubb, if possible.

2) The smoke had cleared from the impending clash between barkeep and hoops, which in all honesty, I was looking forward to seeing today.

I certainly wouldn't have let a Sith or sympathizer die if I don't have to.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:38 PM   #786
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Ardent, I will admit that I may not be clearly communicating my conserns about you. I guess my main point is that just because Dubb turned out to be bad does not mean that you are not also bad (whether you two were aware of each other or not). Your general attitude this game just seems so similar to the last game that it has me thinking you are guilty again.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #787
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You'd be wrong, but there seems to be no convincing you.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #788
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Fortunately for you, stkelly, I doubt I live very long. I imagine the Sith don't want the Jedi circle of trust starting.

I'd watch your own back as well...your accusations and my death will point the finger at you.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:27 AM   #789
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You'd be wrong, but there seems to be no convincing you.

That is where you are wrong. I will freely admit that I am not very good at this game. So I may be looking at everything completely wrong, and I know it, so I will continue to look for other clues, as well as try to see what others are able to point out and decipher.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:43 AM   #790
SnDvls
Pro Starter

like I said before my vote for Dubb. I believed AE then and I believe him now. I don't think he is playing any different from past games that I have played with him as a good guy. Dubb was and that is what drew me to him. In my opinion dubb must have know or had a clue on someone who was a sith and was trying to protect him/them. It now looks like everyone wants to go after Barkeep/hoops today, which if you look at vet players it would seem odd to want to take them out, but it is also odd that the sith haven't eliminated them if they are truley good. I guess we'll see what the night actions bring and go from there.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:57 AM   #791
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52
Ardent, I wouldn't put it past you to have arainged go up against dubb knowing that once he was reveiled as a bad guy it would help you look better.

Yep. I think that is possible, too.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #792
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Since it worked so well last time:

Where oh where is our "master" with the results?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #793
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I still don't believe AE is Sith, but part of me wonders about the possibility. Dubb and AE were on each other pretty good tonight, and I wonder if that might have been to disassociate from one another in the group's eyes.
Hoops and i made an impression last game it seems
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #794
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heh, I thought I'd be dead by now.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #795
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I have about an hour of internet time later, around 5:30 or so, before lynch. Otherwise I'm out for the day. I had been hoping to have the morning to defend myself and do my attack. I hope I am still alive come 11:30.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #796
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I want to understand this correctly:

Some believe that fighting fires/saving lives and the well being of their children are priorities over werewolf?

LMAO.

Quote:
stkelly I too am glad to hear your son is alright and just remember how resiliant children really are; I'm sure he'll be up and running in no time.

stkelly, I'm also glad to hear your son is ok.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:26 AM   #797
saldana
Pro Starter

guys sorry i am so late, a friend of mine needed a ride to the hospital, so i ran out of the house the second i woke up. please stand by
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #798
saldana
Pro Starter

The anxiety of 24 hours ago has been replaced. Confidence has filled your thoughts and a bit of swagger has come into your demeanors after a failed murder attempt last night followed by the destruction of the somehow evil Dubb this evening.

You go to your quarters tonight thinking things are looking up, but your thoughts are disturbed this time by currents of hatred, suprise and amusement. You sprint from your quarters to the galley to see the now familiar twin red light sabers facing off with an obviously exhausted Schmidty. Still spent from his duel with Dubb from only hours earlier, Schmidty appears to be already beaten by the Sith, who is now doing nothing but toying with his prey.

Schmidty has apparently realized this, and in between his Jade green lightsaber's desperate swipes to keep the scarlet blades from transecting his head, a string of old world profanities is streaming from his mouth at his Sith attacker. As the group of you enter the room, the Sith sees you assemble and decides to end the game. With a quick flick of one hand, he slices the handle of Schmidty's jade blade in half, silencing it, and with a thrust of the other blade, he shoves the white hot tip of the blade directly into Schmitdy's profanity expulsive mouth, the end of the blade exiting through the back of his head, and, if he were still alive and able to speak, doubling the size of his mouth and thus increasing the volume of the profanities he would be able to yell.

As it is, Schmidty is dead, never to swear at anyone again. The Sith turns, laughes maniacally, and leaps onto the upper level and disappears before any of you can engage him.

Thus ends your small string of victories. It is now Day 4, and unless anyone has a problem with the 9 hour day, I will still end today at 9:30pm eastern.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #799
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

That was an interesting choice for the Sith. Schmidty is alway really quiet and really hard to get a read on. It seems as though there were better choices for them.

I'm really intrigued by the fact that Hoops and Barkeep are both still alive.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #800
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Well, a brief scanning of Schmidty's posts don't reveal awhole lot. It doesn't seem as though he was casting suspicion on anyone, at least enough to get killed, so maybe that's why the Sith killed him (because they knew we wouldn't have many leads following his death).