Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #901
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, point #11 says that you had a post that sounded suspicious of Barkeep.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #902
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes through Post #901:

Taz - Ardent (815), Sack (864), Barkeep (884)
KWhit - Penny (862), Hoopsguy (900)
Hoopsguy - Grammaticus (856)
Qwikshot - Cartman (860), mckerney (866), Taz (878), Qwikshot (896), JeeberD (897)
Old 03-06-2006, 07:01 PM   #903
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm getting frustrated...what does being teflon have to do with it?

I'd vote Jeeber but that would be a wasted vote.

Unvote Qwik; Vote Taz
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #904
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Somewhat Trusted: Mckerney.

You're only somewhat trusted because the last time I've seen a vote switch like that was Superman in the Harry Potter game (I think). It made me look bad because I voted for Supes twice and kingfc kept mentioning it in his lists. It turns out that Supes had a role that made him easily convertable. His switch to lynch a wolf made him a solid good guy in the eyes of many and so he was never suspected again despite being converted a few days later.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:03 PM   #905
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

I think my death will help the Jedi more.

UNVOTE QWIKSHOT
VOTE TazFTW

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #906
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Hoops, to me you just seem a bit 'off'. In the sense that you seem to be doing a lot of conducting but without any real substance to back up any of your suspicions. I mean the big list you gave regarding Barkeep, most of them were complete nothing.

I don't think that Taz's inactivity is much to go on to be honest, as he is always dead quiet in games. The last time I played a game with him, I was part of the push to lynch him based on inactivity and he was a simple villager. And in that game he was even more quiet than here.

Qwik, well I'm still not sure. It would certainly be ballsy for a wolf to put himself out there so much, but then you get into bluffs, double-bluffs and godknows what eles, so it is simple enough to say that if I were a villager I would not be doing/have done what he is doing. That makes him suspicious to me.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #907
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I think looking at the quiet ones, such as king who hasn't read the thread might be the way to go.

I think I'm going to go look at king's posts. If he seems well informed despite never having read the thread it seems like we should be looking at him as a Sith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So king has contributed nothing of substance the whole game. This is bad if only because we get zero information from him; sort of like how people vote for no shows on D1.
Ok. I lied. I have read the thread and I just wanted to see what would happen if I said I haven't. Sort of a Blade-like strategy I guess.

The reason I didn't vote on Day 3 was due to the fact that I was at work.

Since Barkeep seems to be the one and only one to bring my name up more than once since that post he will get my vote.

VOTE BARKEEP
Old 03-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #908
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
I think my death will help the Jedi more.

UNVOTE QWIKSHOT
VOTE TazFTW

Can everybody STOP VOTING FOR THEMSELVES!!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:10 PM   #909
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood

Seriously. I think the whole martyrdom loses effect pretty quickly after the first person does it. Two or three in one game makes it hard to take seriously.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #910
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Unvote Taz; Vote Jeeber

He's been too quiet...I think he's bad.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #911
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Can't help it. It was a tie between me and Qwik and when he switched back to me. I feel my death is more important to the Jedi in finding out the Sith, hence the vote for myself.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #912
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Seriously. I think the whole martyrdom loses effect pretty quickly after the first person does it. Two or three in one game makes it hard to take seriously.

It is not against the rules...when it is then I will not do it. Get over it.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #913
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
It is not against the rules...when it is then I will not do it. Get over it.

I know it's not. I'm only saying how I think the law of diminishing returns applies here. The more it's used, the less effective it becomes with each use within a game.

Not sure about its long-term viability as a strategy, regardless of one's role.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #914
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Vote count.

Taz - Ardent (815), Sack (864), Barkeep (884), Taz (905)
Hoopsguy - Grammaticus (856)
Qwikshot - Cartman (860), mckerney (866), JeeberD (897)
Barkeep - kingfc22 (907)
Jeeber - Qwik (910)

I am currently the lynch vote for myself.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #915
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know it's not. I'm only saying how I think the law of diminishing returns applies here. The more it's used, the less effective it becomes with each use within a game.

Not sure about its long-term viability as a strategy, regardless of one's role.

Look this was my line of thinking for voting for myself the first day.

I didnt know who was bad and who was good; I knew I was good but I couldn't prove it to anyone. And rather than have long drawn out discussion over random picking and guesses...I decided to bite the bullet and vote myself. My theory being that this would separate the wolves from the villagers...I surmised most villagers would take the high road while some of the wolves would vote for my demise or at least vote initially then pull off to prevent being implicated. My credability would be lost; therefore I wouldn't be worth killing because I would always be suspect to the villagers and thus a diversion for the wolves.

Day 2 I vote for myself again; I unvote me, but I was probably going back to voting me but I went out on Friday night (I actually have a social life). It was an Oh Sh*t moment because of the death's of three Jedi, I knew I would be suspect number 1. I figured damn the torpedos and vote me again to prove my innocence or at least challenge for my survival...I really thought I would be lynched.

Day 3 I finally vote on the implications against Dubb; The Jedi won out.

Day 4 I have no idea again...but that was my line of thinking before for voting myself.

I have to go and pick my girlfriend up and won't be back until after the lynch vote. Good luck to all and may the force be with you.

Oh and I apologize for being harsh in the above post; Any strategy is a good one, this game isn't just about weeding out the baddies; it's about survival too...I took a gamble.

Do what you will.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #916
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Can't help it. It was a tie between me and Qwik and when he switched back to me. I feel my death is more important to the Jedi in finding out the Sith, hence the vote for myself.

To add a little more. I feel my death is more helpful because the wolves always keep me around and sooner or later people revert back to the he's been flying under the radar motive. My death and subsequent reveal of being a Jedi eliminates this.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #917
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is a response to Tanglewoods post (#906). But I would welcome a response from anyone else. If people want to think that I'm putting out accusations without following them, I would like to know where this is coming from.

Day 1 - fairly random vote on Eaglesfan
Day 2 - put forth a strategy to learn about Qwikshot's role, learn info on two other players
Day 3 - speculate on voting patterns, but end up following Dubb's accusation against AE largely because of AEs different play up to the last hour of Day 3
Day 4 - put out more information on voting patterns, cast a vote for one of the two listed candidates

I know that Barkeep has stated this, and I guess I'm not thrilled that this idea seems to be taking hold with the masses. I don't think I'm playing this wishy-washy game that is being portrayed, although obviously I'm not being forceful enough with my opinions to make people follow my vote. Despite having them in earlier than the majority each and every day.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #918
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm nearly certain that Qwik is a jedi. I'm also feeling that Taz is probably a jedi too. Meaning it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. I feel partially responsible for this since I helped put the spotlight on Taz early. However, I feel confident that Qwik is a jedi while I only think that Taz is a jedi. I also feel a little more trust with the people voting Taz than with the people voting Qwik. So:

Vote Taz
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #919
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Any strategy is a good one, this game isn't just about weeding out the baddies; it's about survival too...I took a gamble.

I recall people jumping on ardent earlier for "taking a gamble."

Not sure what to think about that.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #920
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, if you think they are both Jedi then why not vote KWhit with me? That would make the score 4/4/3 Qwik/Taz/KWhit? Or are you almost as certain that KWhit is a Jedi?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #921
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Desnudo, if you think they are both Jedi then why not vote KWhit with me? That would make the score 4/4/3 Qwik/Taz/KWhit?

No, it wouldn't. Desnudo's vote gives me a two vote lead. Qwik has 3, I have 5. His switching to KWhit would make it 4/3/3.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:55 PM   #922
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

I am trying to catch up on the reading since this morning, but I want to make sure that I get a vote cast in case it takes me to long to read it all.

I am still holding my original suspicions of Barkeep, so I will
vote Barkeep
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #923
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Can someone do a quick summary of the allegations agains KWhit?
Old 03-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #924
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Can someone do a quick summary of the allegations agains KWhit?

Hoops says the 3 dubious voting records are me, KWhit, and AE. Since people think AE is good, it is a choice between me and KWhit.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:00 PM   #925
hoopsguy
General Manager

Taz, you are correct: 4/3/3 and not 4/4/3.

It still puts us in position to make a better play if we don't think you are the Sith. Which he says he doesn't believe. Me? I'm not sure, but my vote stays on KWhit for now and I would like to have it count for something.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #926
hoopsguy
General Manager

Post #849 - 851 is what I posted about voting records and I noted that KWhit has one of the worst.

Post #900 is where I gave my reasons for KWhit over Taz.

Penny gave his in #862. Those are the two votes on him now.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #927
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hoops says the 3 dubious voting records are me, KWhit, and AE. Since people think AE is good, it is a choice between me and KWhit.

Well that's pretty silly since:

A) I already stated that I would've voted for Lathum on day 1, so I presume that I have a similar dubious voting record

B) We don't know that AE is good/bad yet.

C) Going off just the first three days of votes, especially when we don't have any wolf records to compare them to (I would strongly belive that Dubb in line with previous cultist/cursed roles didn't know who the wolves were) is not all hat worthwhile.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #928
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well, I think that Qwik is probably Jedi, but still acting very strange,, Taz I'm not sure on at all but leaining Jedi, KWhit not sure either. If I HAD to vote one of them I would be leaning towards KWhit purely beacuse he hasn't been that active (compared to Taz who has stepped up since being accused) so I don't have any read at all on him. It would be a complete shot in the dark however, so I wouldn't feel confident on getting a Sith.

Therefore, I will stick with my vote the previous day of Ardent. I think that his earlier actions are still pretty suspicious, plus I think it would help out if we discovered whether he is good/bad (then I suppose the voting records would carry more weight...).

Vote Ardent

However, if there is a tie near the deadline, I will jump to one of the guys tied up to ensure a lynch. But only if I have to.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #929
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM   #930
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is a very bizarre run-up to deadline, with a bunch of people in here and no one posting.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #931
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I don't know the count, but I doubt my run for Taz is working.

Big props to Brillig for giving me more to work with. Who would of known that searching Gasoline Pricing instead of gas prices would yield so many more results?

Thanks dude.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 PM   #932
saldana
Pro Starter

5 minutes left, taz leads qwik 5 to 3
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #933
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
5 minutes left, taz leads qwik 5 to 3
So a switch by Taz and a late switch by someone else and qwik is gone.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #934
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Unvote Taz
Vote Qwikshot
Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #935
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I don't know the count, but I doubt my run for Taz is working.

It isn't? I'm going to be lynched.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #936
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, are you trying to help Taz here? What is the play?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #937
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Unvote Taz
Vote Qwikshot

And now Saldana will have to write something else.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:31 PM   #938
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

vote qwikk

in time?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #939
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
vote qwikk

in time?

Don't think it is in time and you had to unvote first.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #940
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well damn, there goes my i'll break a tie promise. Teach me to leave the thread for 2 seconds...
Old 03-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #941
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
vote qwikk

in time?

Even if, you gotta unvote ardent before you can do that.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #942
saldana
Pro Starter

Tangle's vote doesnt count...please stand by

Last edited by saldana : 03-06-2006 at 08:33 PM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM   #943
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Well damn, there goes my i'll break a tie promise. Teach me to leave the thread for 2 seconds...

actually, looks to me like leaving the thread prevented you CAUSING a tie.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #944
SnDvls
Pro Starter

sorry I didn't get in tonight with a vote guys. I had a new office put in my house and just got the new wireless internet device hooked up. won't happen again. my bad.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:35 PM   #945
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Pretty sure that AE came off Taz and switched to Qwik causing a 4-4 tie.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #946
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Pretty sure that AE came off Taz and switched to Qwik causing a 4-4 tie.

Me fail math? Unpossible!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #947
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I was leading 5-3. Ardent unvoted me 4-3 and then voted Qwik 4-4. It is a tie.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #948
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anyone have a final vote count?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #949
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola

nevermind
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #950
hoopsguy
General Manager

I show the following:

Taz - Sack (864), Barkeep (884), Taz (905), Desnudo (918)
Hoopsguy - Gram (856)
Qwikshot - Cartman (860), mckerney (866), JeeberD (897), Ardent (934)
Barkeep - King (907), StKelly (922)
Jeeber - Qwikshot (910)
Ardent - Tanglewood (928)