Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #151
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Tuesday, October 5th, 2010
NLDS - Game 1
New York Mets at Colorado Rockies

A warm 63 degrees in Denver. 3B Kuji Chagulia will lead off for the Rockies. The Mets' Frank Justice will be in the bullpen.

Bottom 1st - Chagulia draws the walk, but the next Rockie batter hits into a double play. A ground out ends the inning.

Bottom 2nd - Doug Kent hits a triple bringing home Jorge Sandes. The next batter, Eric Young Jr., hits a sacrifice fly to bring Kent home. 2-0 Rockies.

Bottom 3rd - With one out and none on base, Chagulia draws another walk. Chris Iannetta then hits a double and Chagulia advances to third. Troy Tulowitzki then hits a single, bringing Chagulia home. Dexter Fowler then hits a single as well, bringing Iannetta home. The scoring continues when Sandes hits into a groundout that allows Tulowitzki to come home. 5-0 Rockies.

Bottom 5th - Chagulia, leading off, draws yet another walk! He makes his way to second on an Iannetta groundout. Next, Tulowitzki hits a single and Chagulia turns on the speed, coming home to score a run. 6-0 Rockies.

Bottom 6th - A series of walks and hits loads the bases. A wild pitch allows one of the runners to come home, but the batter strikes out. With two outs and men on second and third, Chagulia comes to bat. The first pitch is yet another wild one, and the runner on third comes home while the runner on second moves to third. Chagulia then draws his fourth walk of the game. He does not have an official at-bat at this point. Iannetta then pops out. 8-0 Rockies.

Bottom 8th - With one out and a man on first, Chagulia actually puts the ball into play this time. But it is a groundout at first as the runner moves to second. Iannetta then pops out.

2010nldsnymcolgm1.png

Chagulia finishes with 0 hits in 1 at-bat, 4 BB, 2 R. Frank Justice did not play in the game.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:56 PM   #152
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Wednesday, October 6th, 2010
ALDS - Game 2
New York Yankees at Kansas City Royals
Kansas City leads series 1-0

47 degrees in Kansas City. 2B Will Brown will bat fifth for the Royals.

Bottom 1st - With men on first and second, and two outs, Brown hits into a groundout.

Top 2nd - Nick Swisher hits a 2-run home run. 2-0 Yankees.

Bottom 3rd - A passed ball allows the Royals' Jonathan Sanchez to come home from third. 2-1 Yankees.

Bottom 4th - Will Brown leads off but hits a fly out. Later, a Sanchez single allows Chris Lubanski to come home from third. Game tied! 2-2 all.

Bottom 5th - With a man on first and two outs, Brown hits into a groundout.

Bottom 6th - With the bases loaded and no outs, Sanchez hits a single to bring in one run. The next two batters do the exact same thing, and just like that it's 5-2 Royals. Later, with one out, Miguel Cabrera hits a double to bring home two runs! Will Brown then comes up to bat. With one out and men on second and third, Brown hits into a groundout. However, the play allows Billy Butler to come home from third, capping a six-run inning. Kansas City is coasting here! 8-2 Royals.

Top 7th - With the bases loaded via two walks and a single, Brent Clevlen hits a grand slam for the Yankees! 8-6 Royals.

Top 8th - With two outs and men at second and third, pinch hitter Adrian Beltre hits a single to right field that allows both runners to come home. The game is tied again! 8-8 all.

Bottom 8th - With one out and men at first and second, Brown hits an infield pop fly to the Yankee pitcher.

Top 9th - With two outs and men at the corners, Michael Costanzo hits a single that brings in one run, giving the Yankees the lead. Next, an Andrew Beattie double brings in two more runs! 11-8 Yankees.

2010aldsnykcgm2.png

Brown went 0-5 with 1 RBI.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #153
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #154
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Happy to see my steal totals a little better than recent years, but I need to break through next year and get some starting time!
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #155
kingfc22
Head Coach

Had a good year in AA. Hopefully, I can start next season in AAA.

Definitely need to improve by steal %.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #156
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

OTHER AL PLAYOFF RESULT
Boston 9, Oakland 1 (Boston leads series 2-0)
Old 02-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #157
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

NLDS - Game 2
Arizona Diamondbacks at Milwaukee Brewers
Milwaukee leads series 1-0

I'll make this quick, because Jace Hunter did not start. He came into the game in the 7th inning as a pinch hitter for CF Freddy Parejo. With two outs, a man on third base, and the score 3-2 Arizona, Hunter fouls off three pitches while sitting on a full count before striking out. That would be it for Hunter.

2010nldsazmilgm2.png
Old 02-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #158
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

NLDS - Game 2
New York Mets at Colorado Rockies
Colorado leads series 1-0

56 degrees and a chance of rain in Denver. 3B Kuji Chagulia will lead off for the Rockies. The Mets' Frank Justice will be in the bullpen.

Bottom 1st - Chagulia leads off with a home run! Jorge Sandes would later add a 2-run homer. 3-0 Rockies.

Bottom 2nd - Everth Cabrera hits a solo shot to right field. Later, Chagulia steps to the plate with two outs and none on base. He draws a walk. Chagulia moves to second on a Chris Iannetta single, but the right fielder makes a throwing error and both runners advance an extra base. Troy Tulowitzki then slaps a single to right field, bringing Chagulia home. 5-0 Rockies.

Top 3rd - Lastings Milledge fouls off six straight pitches before blasting a 2-run home run. 5-2 Rockies.

Bottom 4th - With one out and none on base, Chagulia strikes out.

Top 6th - The Mets score a run when the Colorado pitcher hits a batter with the bases loaded. A walk gives the Mets another run. A sacrifice fly then brings home the tying run. 5-5 all.

Bottom 6th - The Rockies regain the lead when a sacrifice fly brings home Eric Young Jr. from third base. Next, with two outs and none on base, Chagulia walks. But the next batter strikes out. 6-5 Colorado.

Top 7th - After a 33-minute rain delay, a David Wright single brings Jose Reyes home from second. 6-6 all.

Top 8th - The Mets take the lead for the first time when Nicholas Evans hits a single that brings home Alberto Gonzalez from third. 7-6 Mets.

Bottom 9th - With a nice save situation in place, the Mets bring in Frank Justice for his postseason debut. First batter Justice faces is Chagulia, and Chagulia goes down swinging on four pitches. Justice then strikes out pinch hitter Wallace Torbert. Tulowitzki then pops one out to left field for the final out.

2010nldsnymcolgm2.png

Justice gets the save. Chagulia was 1-3 with 2 R, an RBI, 2 BB, and 2 K.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:06 PM   #159
Travis
Pro Rookie

D'oh!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #160
Icy
Pro Starter

I was a way in a biz trip and couldn't read this, i see i made the show!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #161
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

I apologize to everybody, but I'm gonna have to pull the plug on this interactive dynasty, as my computer is having some major trouble with this MLB quickstart. Maybe if I am able to get a newer version of OOTP, I'll restart this in the future. Again, I'm sorry, everyone.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #162
duff88
College Prospect

No problem, it was a fun ride.

I know how much work those interactive dynasty thread require, so it's definitely appreciated.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #163
iamlegend
n00b

if OOTP allows me to edit names, i might run a ID using it. Football is so much more tedious with incorrect names + its baseball season. I couldn't possibly do as many recruits as you did tho, but it might be fun.
iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #164
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks BB for running this for as long as you could I really enjoyed reading it.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #165
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

Ditto. Thanks for taking the time and effort.
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #166
iamlegend
n00b

im running one if u guys want. will begin tonight
iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #167
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

No worries, thanks for having us.