Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Being The AD V: Public Service U

Previous iterations in the dynasty:
BTAD IV
BTAD III
BTAD II
BTAD

We are still using the same file that I've been using since v.2 of this dynasty, with the same conferences and setup. You can see the strange alignments here and here.

So here's the storyline for this edition:

Quote:
There are 399 schools in the NCAA at the moment. I want to create a 400th. But rather than use a real-life school, I want to crowdsource the storyline behind the 400th school that we add to the dynasty. Everything from the school history, mascot and whatever else we can come up with. The idea? Well, once we've crowdsourced the school into existence, I'll hire a coach and begin process of recruiting and so forth.

I have some ideas about how to generate recruits and so forth, but I figure before I get ahead of myself, I ought to just see if it's possible to even get this off the ground.

My first question is where to locate it. Second, might be some naming inspirations. Nothing is really off the table. I'll do my own thinking and come back with some ideas.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-17-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

USPSA

Quote:
The United States Public Service Academy (S. 960 and H.R. 1671) is a proposed institution of higher education. The Academy would be a federally-subsidized four-year college modeled on the United States military service academies devoted to public service.

The U.S. Public Service Academy will teach students to become competent leaders with the analytical skills, academic background, and practical experience they need to think critically and flexibly about the challenges of the twenty-first century.

The goal of the academic curriculum will be to engage students in a rigorous program of study devoted to free and open inquiry, free expression of ideas, and the pursuit of truth. It will offer students a broad-based liberal arts education that emphasizes a commitment to public service but maintains the academic rigor and wide-ranging intellectual experience essential to leadership development.

I think this is a good choice for a startup school, unless there's a better idea lurking somewhere.

However, there's no designated location for the proposed academy. Here are the finalist cities. I've taken two cities mentioned as possible sites and then added two sites that were finalists for the Air Force Academy and lost (Lake Geneva and Alton)

Quote:
Kansas City, MO
Lake Geneva, WI
Spokane, WA
Alton, IL
Old 04-17-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll pitch a bizarre location possibility as a wildcard - Lebanon, KS, the alleged geographic center of the lower 48. Population 300, just 0.3 square miles of city. Probably have to consider it as the mailing address for the campus which could be built from scratch almost anywhere in the nearly 900 sq. mi. of Smith County where the town is located.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:49 AM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Awesome location. We'll do that. I put the USPSA in Lebanon, Kansas as a way to build up that local community. The actual campus is build in Crystal Plains township, so it's akin to West Point, Kings Point and Annapolis, by being referred to by it's place name - Crystal Plains.

The closest major cities are Grand Island, Nebraska to the north and Salina, Kansas to the south. Salina is where the government flies students since it's a former Air Force base and home to K-State's aviation branch campus.

With the creation of Public Service, Congress has authorized the creation (just go with it) of a new athletic conference for all of the service academies called the Congressional League.

The members of the Congressional League are:

Quote:
Air Force
Army
Navy
Coast Guard
Merchant Marine (Kings Point)
Public Service

I replaced one of my created schools Oregon A&M with Kings Points (US Merchant Marine Academy) to ensure that all of the federal service academies were represented in D1.

The Congressional League plays each other three teams each in conference play and there is no conference tournament, just a tiebreaker if needed. There is an automatic bid allocated. The reason for the Congressional League was to promote the service academies and give them the opportunity to maintain their "athletic integrity" while promoting the service to the nation provided by their unique "institutional missions and values."

Next, it's time to pick a mascot for Public Service. Coast Guard's mascot is lame -- Bears. Kings Point are the Mariners and of course, we know the others. Not sure what to go with for a Public Service academy.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-17-2011 at 05:55 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:12 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

After fourteen seasons, 63-year old CCNY head coach Dennis Simmons has been the perennial face of the CCNY program transforming an upstart into a true college basketball powerhouse. With three national titles, he's one of the immortals of the game.

CCNY named their court after Coach Simmons and he's been feted as one of the greats of the game. Rather than retire though, he's considered taking one last change.

With that, today Dennis Simmons decided to leave CCNY and join the US Public Service Academy as their first head coach as the school joins D-1 this season.

"I can think of no better way to end my career than in a position like this," said Coach Simmons who insisted that he was not forced out of his job in Manhattan. "I was treated great, there was no force out at all. I just felt like this was a move worth making at this stage in my career and I'm glad to make it," he said.

But after CCNY lost in the third round of the NCAA tournament for the second time in his tenure and first ime since 2006 -- despite coming off a national title the previous year -- some boosters were reportedly making overtures to the athletic department that it was time to seek out a new voice for the team and begin to think about the future of the program.

For his part, longtime CCNY athletic director D.C. Harris made no such claims. "I'm very surprised that Coach Simmons has decided this and we will certainly miss him here. He's become an institution here at CCNY and there's no doubt that his legacy will be felt for many, many more years to come."

It leaves Harris with the task of replacing his legendary coach this off-season, a task that will be even more herculean than when he had to hire Simmons after winning four titles under former player turned Coach Connie Snell. "In those days, no one really would've been surprised if we faded back to the pack. Now? We've got a huge bullseye on this thing and everyone is invested full throttle. So there's no real turning back anymore. We're a power program and we need to maintain a standard in a manner that we didn't necessarily have to in those days."

There are the inevitable rumbles that the school should attempt to woo back one of it two former accomplished coaches -- Snell or his predecessor Freeman Young. -- But it seems near impossible that Young would return after matching Snell for the most titles in history with four, winning it with Georgetown this year and Snell for his part making the Final Four in his first season with Michigan, his first time back in the big show since his days at CCNY. He'd be more inclined to consider it, but it seems less than likely he'd make such a move were it offered.

Thus, the CCNY faithful will be wondering what the next move will be as the program heads firmly into another generation seek to keep up its dominance.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #6
ASource
n00b

My sources report that boosters from CCNY forced AD D.C. Harris hand in the "soft push" of Dennis Simmons out the door. They believed the 2nd round exit of the NCAAs was a sign of his declining reach with modern athletes. On the other hand, I've been hearing this from these boosters since he got there. They're now pushing for Harris to make a run at Connie Snell. Snell is the guy who Simmons replaced before ditching the school for an ill fated run at Syracuse, but after his miracle Final Four run this past year at Michigan, most believe that getting an alum back to the program can appreciate what CCNY basketball is about would be good. On the other hand, Harris seems to be pressing on with a national search of his own, seeking out new faces and voices. No real indication yet of where he will go according to the sources I've spoken with anonymously, but it seems unlikely he'll be able to do anything other than hire someone with a lot of experience for this job now. I'll report back with more and check out my Twitter for more updates of things I hear through the grapevine.
ASource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CCNY Search: Former coaches aren't candidates

CCNY athletic director D.C. Harris has been mum on the candidates for the school's program, but has already ruled out his two former head coaches.

"It would be inappropriate for us to speculate about two guys who are in jobs they just took and are both happy with. We appreciate both Coach Free [Freeman Young] and Connie [Snell] in their work here. No question about it. But we're going to find someone who will help us in the next era of Beavers basketball."

When asked about a timetable, Harris said that he hoped to assemble a shortlist in the coming days.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

USPSA unveils athletic nickname

UNVEILING THE CRYSTAL PLAINS CADRE

Lebanon, KS -- The US Public Service Academy, now in its fourth year is preparing to unveil varsity athletic teams for the first time in the 2012-13 season. The students of the institution voted and chose the nickname Cadre as the school nickname and decided on the Fire Ants as the school mascot.

"Ultimately, the cadets of Crystal Plains decided that ants as individuals weren't strong, but together they were able to do amazing things. That was a fitting understanding of what the Cadre concept is about," said Superintendent Retired Major General G.D. Longsworth, USMC.

The Cadre will begin their first season of collegiate athletics -- sans a football team -- this season in the newly created Congressional League and hope to be competitive from the start upon the hiring of three-time national champion coach former CCNY head man Dennis Simmons.

"That was a huge coup for us," said Longsworth. "I didn't think we had a shot in hell at a high caliber guy like that. But we had a frank conversation, a good one and he made it clear that this was where he wanted to be to help us build this thing and believed in our mission. We're excited to have him on board."
Old 04-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #9
ASource
n00b

SOURCES: NO ONE WANTS THAT CCNY JOB. HARRIS IS HELL TO WORK FOR My sources tell me that the top coaches in the game don't want the otherwise prestige job at CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK because it's a difficult work environment and that A.D. D.C Harris is a "hard man to get along with," said one source close to a coach who is rumored to be interested in the post. "He's just an uncompromising guy. It's his way or the highway there. I mean, look how they threw Simmons under the bus. [Harris] think that program only is success because of him, not the coaches. That's not a job I'd take." While we can't confirm who is reportedly interested, we are told that a lot of otherwise top candidates have reportedly bowed out of consideration because they don't want to work for Harris. Boosters see to be fine with him as long as the school wins, but this reputation has affected his candidates that he can hire. We will keep you posted on this breaking story regarding the head job at CCNY as soon as we have more information.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #10
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CCNY Assembles Head Coach candidate finalists list

The following are the candidates for the head coaching job at CCNY:

Remember Coach Andrew Draper? Well, he's older, wiser and at a new school than the last time we saw him.

Code:
Andrew Draper - Head Coach - Virginia Tech -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 55 High School: Howard High School Hometown: Ellicott City, MD Alma Mater: Xavier Current Level: 9 Career Record: 475 - 328 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Virginia Tech Head Coach 20 13 10 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2010 Virginia Tech Head Coach 14 18 8 8 No Postseason 2009 Virginia Tech Head Coach 22 13 9 7 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 2008 Virginia Tech Head Coach 19 15 6 10 Loss in NIT Round 3 2007 Virginia Tech Head Coach 19 13 10 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2006 Virginia Tech Head Coach 19 15 7 9 No Postseason 2005 Virginia Tech Head Coach 17 14 8 8 Loss in NIT Preliminary Round 2004 Virginia Tech Head Coach 21 16 9 7 Loss in NIT Round 2 2003 Virginia Tech Head Coach 17 15 8 8 Loss in NIT Round 1 2002 Virginia Tech Head Coach 17 16 5 11 Loss in NIT Round 1 2001 Virginia Tech Head Coach 17 16 5 11 Loss in CCS Round 2 2000 Virginia Tech Head Coach 14 18 4 12 No Postseason 1999 Fresno State Head Coach 19 12 10 6 Loss in NIT Round 2 1998 Fresno State Head Coach 19 13 9 7 Loss in NIT Round 1 1997 Fresno State Head Coach 16 14 7 9 No Postseason 1996 Marquette Head Coach 22 12 8 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 1995 Marquette Head Coach 21 15 9 5 Loss in NIT Round 2 1994 Marquette Head Coach 21 12 9 5 Loss in NIT Round 1 1993 Marquette Head Coach 27 11 8 6 Loss in NCAA Final Four 1992 Marquette Head Coach 31 8 8 6 NCAA Champion 1991 Marquette Head Coach 16 15 7 7 Loss in CCS Round 1 1990 Marquette Head Coach 16 15 4 7 Loss in CCS Round 2 1989 Ohio State Head Coach 26 9 13 2 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 1988 Ohio State Head Coach 25 10 8 7 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 1987 Holy Cross Assistant 22 10 8 3 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 1986 Wisconsin Assistant 27 8 15 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 1985 Wisconsin Assistant 20 15 9 6 Loss in NIT Round 3 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2007 Conference Coach of the Year (Atlantic Coast Conference) 1992 NCAA Champion 1989 Conference Coach of the Year (Big Ten Conference) 1989 Big Ten Conference Champion

Our second candidate is Bryant Ives who is already in NYC and turning things around at conference rival St. John's.

Code:
Bryant Ives - Head Coach - St. John's -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 52 High School: Camden Fairview High School Hometown: Camden, AR Alma Mater: Eastern Kentucky Current Level: 11 Career Record: 271 - 300 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 St. John's Head Coach 21 13 8 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2010 St. John's Head Coach 18 15 5 9 Loss in CCS Round 3 2009 St. John's Head Coach 15 15 5 9 No Postseason 2008 DePauw Head Coach 17 16 11 7 No Postseason 2007 DePauw Head Coach 20 13 9 9 Loss in NCT Round 1 2006 DePauw Head Coach 26 9 13 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2005 Bennett Head Coach 18 14 8 5 No Postseason 2004 Bennett Head Coach 18 17 6 7 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2003 Bennett Head Coach 12 18 6 7 No Postseason 2002 Bennett Head Coach 11 19 7 6 No Postseason 2001 Bennett Head Coach 13 17 5 8 No Postseason 2000 IUPUI Head Coach 16 14 8 4 No Postseason 1999 IUPUI Head Coach 17 16 8 4 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 1998 IUPUI Head Coach 12 21 7 5 No Postseason 1997 IUPUI Head Coach 17 14 6 6 No Postseason 1996 IUPUI Head Coach 9 21 5 7 No Postseason 1995 IUPUI Head Coach 4 26 2 10 No Postseason 1994 IUPUI Head Coach 7 22 3 9 No Postseason 1993 Georgia State Assistant 26 9 11 5 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 1992 Georgia State Assistant 27 6 14 2 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 1991 Georgia State Assistant 31 5 13 3 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No awards won.

Our third candidate is John Price of Towson.

Code:
John Price - Head Coach - Towson -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 55 High School: Little Miami High School Hometown: Morrow, OH Alma Mater: Florida State Current Level: 10 Career Record: 140 - 171 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Towson Head Coach 16 14 8 4 Loss in NIT Round 1 2010 Towson Head Coach 12 19 4 8 No Postseason 2009 Connecticut Assistant 16 16 7 9 Loss in CCS Round 1 2008 Connecticut Assistant 19 13 10 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2007 Connecticut Assistant 22 13 9 7 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2002 SIU-Edwardsville Head Coach 8 22 4 10 No Postseason 2001 SIU-Edwardsville Head Coach 12 19 8 6 No Postseason 2000 SIU-Edwardsville Head Coach 11 20 6 8 No Postseason 1999 SIU-Edwardsville Head Coach 14 18 6 8 No Postseason 1998 SIU-Edwardsville Head Coach 10 20 2 12 No Postseason 1997 Johns Hopkins Head Coach 22 12 11 3 Loss in NIT Round 1 1996 Johns Hopkins Head Coach 19 14 6 8 Loss in NCT Round 3 1995 Johns Hopkins Head Coach 16 13 9 5 No Postseason 1994 CCNY Assistant 38 0 14 0 NCAA Champion 1993 CCNY Assistant 42 0 14 0 NCAA Champion Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Conference Coach of the Year (Colonial Athletic Association) 1997 Atlantic 10 Conference Champion

Our fourth candidate is James Steiger, a former CCNY assistant and currently the head coach at Cleveland State

Code:
James Steiger - Head Coach - Cleveland State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 37 High School: Central High School Hometown: Louisville, KY Alma Mater: Monmouth Current Level: 10 Career Record: 65 - 36 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Cleveland State Head Coach 24 11 9 3 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2010 Cleveland State Head Coach 18 16 7 5 Loss in NCT Round 1 2009 Cleveland State Head Coach 23 9 8 4 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2008 CCNY Assistant 33 9 10 4 NCAA Champion 2007 CCNY Assistant 35 3 13 1 Loss in NCAA Elite Eight 2005 Virginia Tech Assistant 17 14 8 8 Loss in NIT Preliminary Round Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Horizon League Champion

Here's the 5th candidate. Current Boise State head coach Lon Corrales

Code:
Lon Corrales - Head Coach - Boise State -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Age: 43 High School: Salamanca High School Hometown: Salamanca, NY Alma Mater: Delaware Current Level: 7 Career Record: 201 - 98 Coaching History: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Team Position W L CW CL Postseason -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Boise State Head Coach 28 5 14 2 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2010 Boise State Head Coach 24 11 12 4 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2009 Boise State Head Coach 24 11 10 6 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2008 Boise State Head Coach 25 9 11 5 Loss in NCAA Sweet Sixteen 2007 Boise State Head Coach 24 10 12 4 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2006 Boise State Head Coach 20 14 12 4 Loss in NIT Round 1 2005 Yale Head Coach 18 13 8 6 Loss in NIT Preliminary Round 2004 Yale Head Coach 16 14 8 6 Loss in CCS Round 1 2003 Yale Head Coach 22 11 14 0 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 1 2002 Old Dominion Assistant 23 10 9 3 Loss in NCAA Tourney Round 2 2001 Old Dominion Assistant 27 12 9 3 Loss in NCAA Final Four 2000 UNC Wilmington Assistant 22 16 8 4 Loss in CCS Finals 1999 Texas Tech Assistant 20 13 8 8 Loss in NIT Round 1 1998 Texas Tech Assistant 7 23 3 13 No Postseason 1997 Texas Tech Assistant 19 13 7 9 Loss in CCS Round 2 Awards & Achievements: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season Award -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2011 Conference Coach of the Year (Western League) 2011 Western League Champion 2010 Western League Champion 2006 Western League Champion 2003 Conference Coach of the Year (Ivy League) 2003 Ivy League Champion

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-17-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
ASource
n00b

My sources tell me that CCNY athletic director will resign late today despite overseeing the school's unprecedented rise to prominence. My sources tell me that despite his work, there are boosters who believe he's become too big a presence over the program in recent years and that they believe the program would be better served by someone with more corporate background rather than an athletic one. My sources also indicate that they want the program to create it's own television network to increase revenues and that having a different face in the athletic department with experience in that realm might make that more plausible. Again, my sources indicate today that D.C. Harris has been forced out at CCNY. A press conference is scheduled for tomorrow and I don't believe it's to hire a new coach.

Last edited by ASource : 04-17-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #12
britrock88
Pro Starter

Steiger or Corrales... provided you actually make the call.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CCNY welcomes James Steiger

NEW YORK -- Three years after he left CCNY, James Steiger is back. This time, as the head coach of the Beavers.

"I can't tell you how excited I am about this," he said after being introduced to the media. Amidst reports that he might not be interested in the position, CCNY athletic director D.C. Harris said he took a plane to Cleveland immediately after discovering he'd need a new coach upon the resignation of Dennis Simmons a week ago.

"Jim was the first guy I called. Mark that down. Jim Steiger was the first guy I called for this job. We had a great conversation and it just went from there,' said Harris.

Steiger, 37, has coached Cleveland State to two NCAA appearances in the past three seasons, the first two NCAA bids after a 14-year drought from the big dance.

"This isn't going to be an easy job. I loved Cleveland. But this place felt like home to me and so, when D.C. called, I had to listen because there aren't many places in the country that can provide you with an opportunity like this. And as a young coach, when someone presents a job like this and tells you the ball is in your court, you realize quickly that you don't get many second chances at something like it."

Steiger inherits a team that lost in the 2nd round of last year's NCAAs after a 31-3 season. Luckily, the cupboard is anything but bare. Simmons left a #1 recruiting class, the previous years was #17 and the year before that was #2. "Coach Simmons is a guy I owe a huge debt to. He's taught me so much and I'm just glad to be part of the Simmons coaching tree," he said.

Regarding speculation that D.C. Harris would be following his former head coach out of New York and into another position amidst criticism of his handling of certain aspects of the athletic program, all he had to say was "I'm still here, aren't I? That's all you need to know."
Old 04-18-2011, 03:23 AM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2012-13 SEASON IN REVIEW

CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK
In this first season with Jim Steiger at the helm, the Beavers went 33-7 overall and lost to rival Georgetown in the Big East tournament final. Still, they claimed a #1 seed in the West region and proceeded to the Final Four after wins over Canisius, UConn, UCLA and Notre Dame along the way, their 14th in school history.

They faced off against 4th seed Duke and lost 58-57. Duke knocked off defending champion Georgetown -- whose coach Freeman Young was gunning for his 5th title to break tie with his former player Connie Snell for most ever -- and in the process, claimed the first title in school history with a 68-61 victory.

The title would've been Georgetown's tenth as well to tie them with CCNY for the most ever, they currently sit second with nine.

US PUBLIC SERVICE ACADEMY
The men of Crystal Plains entered their first season in the new Congressional League with veteran head coach Dennis Simmons.

The Fire Ants had a solid year, ending with a 15-15 record despite an entire club of first-year players. They went 8-7 in the Congressional League which was won by Air Force (20-9, 12-3)

The season propelled Simmons to 728 wins, good for 20th on the all-time list, 18 wins behind former St. Joe's coach Allen Byrd who retired in 2002.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #15
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2013-14 SEASON IN REVIEW

US PUBLIC SERVICE ACADEMY
If there was truly any doubt that Dennis Simmons was a coaching wunderkind, his performance this past season with the Fire Ants of Crystal Plains should go down as one of his most brilliant ever.

With a squad comprised of just three scholarship players, Simmons has managed to lead the Cadre to the Congressional League title over a much more experienced and frankly more talented Air Force squad (17-12) by beating them three times during the regular season and then, in the tiebreaker to determine the conference title after both finished 10-5 in the Congressional League and then beat the Falcons a 4th time to claim the NCAA bid in only their 2nd year as a D1 program.

Impressive, impressive stuff.

Code:
PUBLIC SERVICE CADRE Schedule Date Opponent Record RPI Result Score Record -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11/13/13 vs. Davidson 13-16 134 L 75-52 0-1 11/26/13 at Texas-Pan American 15-13 263 W 54-53 1-1 11/28/13 at Nicholls State 9-20 355 L 56-46 1-2 12/01/13 at Colorado College 15-13 82 L 77-50 1-3 12/03/13 at Texas State 16-13 158 L 59-53 1-4 12/09/13 Nebraska-Omaha 15-13 204 L 54-43 1-5 12/12/13 Wichita State 18-11 60 W 59-48 2-5 12/17/13 at Kansas State 19-11 92 L 98-68 2-6 12/19/13 Northern Colorado 14-15 175 W 56-47 3-6 12/22/13 at Southern Methodist 17-17 127 L 52-43 3-7 12/25/13 Central Arkansas 13-15 301 W 66-49 4-7 01/02/14 North Texas 13-16 294 W 53-49 5-7 01/04/14 Kings Point 9-21 396 W 65-45 6-7 (1-0) 01/09/14 Navy 14-15 359 L 62-60 6-8 (1-1) 01/11/14 at Air Force 17-12 236 W 60-54 7-8 (2-1) 01/16/14 at Army 5-26 397 W 59-53 8-8 (3-1) 01/18/14 at Coast Guard 7-22 394 L 65-52 8-9 (3-2) 01/23/14 at Kings Point 9-21 396 W 66-60 9-9 (4-2) 01/25/14 Air Force 17-12 236 W 68-52 10-9 (5-2) 01/30/14 at Navy 14-15 359 L 79-62 10-10 (5-3) 02/01/14 Coast Guard 7-22 394 W 52-46 11-10 (6-3) 02/06/14 Kings Point 9-21 396 W 71-51 12-10 (7-3) 02/08/14 Army 5-26 397 L 80-78 12-11 (7-4) 02/13/14 Navy 14-15 359 L 54-49 12-12 (7-5) 02/15/14 at Air Force 17-12 236 W 57-53 13-12 (8-5) 02/20/14 at Coast Guard 7-22 394 W 70-49 14-12 (9-5) 02/22/14 at Army 5-26 397 W 58-49 15-12 (10-5) 02/25/14 Phoenix 7-22 395 W 71-56 16-12 03/01/14 vs. Air Force 17-12 236 W 59-52 17-12

CITY COLLEGE OF NEW YORK BEAVERS
James Steiger's Beavers claimed the Big East regular season and tournament titles en route to a 33-4 regular season and a #2 seed in the East region.

Code:
#1 CCNY BEAVERS Schedule Date Opponent Record RPI Result Score Record -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11/14/13 vs. Hampton 21-10 75 W 72-47 1-0 11/16/13 vs. Auburn 8-22 235 W 73-48 2-0 11/20/13 vs. #8 William & Mary 28-5 9 W 78-56 3-0 11/22/13 vs. #13 Arizona State 23-9 8 W 56-44 4-0 11/24/13 Alabama A&M 16-14 46 W 90-72 5-0 11/29/13 at Temple 21-11 117 L 77-63 5-1 12/01/13 Dartmouth 12-17 127 W 75-57 6-1 12/03/13 at Harvard 14-14 175 W 68-47 7-1 12/08/13 at Colgate 8-22 338 W 77-44 8-1 12/10/13 at Lafayette 12-19 333 W 72-32 9-1 12/13/13 Akron 14-15 103 W 84-68 10-1 12/15/13 American 10-21 379 W 68-57 11-1 12/22/13 Central Connecticut State 11-21 276 W 106-96 12-1 12/28/13 Colorado 8-22 296 W 58-46 13-1 12/31/13 Canisius 10-21 241 W 52-36 14-1 01/06/14 Binghamton 19-12 53 W 64-39 15-1 01/09/14 #13 Arizona State 23-9 8 W 80-66 16-1 01/11/14 at Rhode Island 19-13 77 W 72-56 17-1 01/14/14 at Stony Brook 11-18 213 L 63-62 17-2 01/17/14 Cincinnati 13-20 80 W 61-54 18-2 01/20/14 at Fordham 12-18 214 W 62-37 19-2 01/25/14 at Holy Cross 20-11 57 W 71-50 20-2 (1-0) 01/29/14 #15 Saint Louis 26-10 19 W 78-54 21-2 (2-0) 02/01/14 at Seton Hall 13-18 191 L 54-51 21-3 (2-1) 02/05/14 at DePaul 17-15 101 W 67-41 22-3 (3-1) 02/08/14 St. John's 19-12 66 W 62-33 23-3 (4-1) 02/12/14 Rutgers 15-16 87 L 71-59 23-4 (4-2) 02/15/14 at Dayton 18-14 54 W 78-61 24-4 (5-2) 02/19/14 at Villanova 17-14 151 W 64-44 25-4 (6-2) 02/22/14 #11 Georgetown 26-9 18 W 76-44 26-4 (7-2) 02/26/14 at Providence 11-20 309 W 64-32 27-4 (8-2) 03/01/14 at Saint Joseph's 14-17 156 W 59-33 28-4 (9-2) 03/05/14 Xavier 10-20 299 W 77-54 29-4 (10-2) 03/08/14 Marquette 19-11 97 W 78-62 30-4 (11-2) 03/12/14 vs. DePaul 17-15 101 W 68-51 31-4 03/13/14 vs. #11 Georgetown 26-9 18 W 55-43 32-4 03/14/14 vs. #15 Saint Louis 26-10 19 W 70-61 33-4

2014 MARCH MADNESS
CCNY is a #2 seed in the East Region and will take on Portland State (17-15) of the Big Sky Conference) in the second round.

Public Service earned a #15 seed in the Midwest region and most importantly, avoided a first-round matchup. They will take on William & Mary(28-5) in their first-ever postseason game.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-18-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

NCAA Tournament (2014)

In a not-shocking result, 15-seeded Crystal Plains (Public Service) went down to 2-seed William & Mary 70-52, ending the season at 17-13 in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament.

At the end of the game, 64-year old head coach Dennis Simmons announced that he'd be retiring. "I've given it all I can give. More importantly, we built this thing here and it's in a good spot where I think someone can take it where we've had it and move it forward. I'm proud to have been the first coach here and it'll rank high among the achievements of my career," said Simmons.

In the East region, 2-seed CCNY knocked off Portland State 53-42 in the 2nd round, defeated 7-seed Oregon State (20-12) 78-57 in the third round and gleefully defeated Connie Snell's Michigan (30-9) in the Sweet 16, 80-68 setting up an Elite 8 matchup with East region #1 seed South Florida (32-5) who they dispatched 80-70 to reach the Final Four for the second straight year.

They will face Georgia State (31-4), top seed from the Midwest Region while the other semi-final will pit 2-seed Old Dominion against 6-seed Colorado State (25-11). CSU is in their first Final Four since 1928, while ODU was last here in 2008 when they lost in the national title game.

In the Final Four, ODU knocked off Colorado State 65-59 and in the other semi, CCNY was dispatched by Georgia State 95-86.

In the national championship, Old Dominion finally climbed the hump claiming their first national championship 76-67 over Georgia State.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
britrock88
Pro Starter

How are you getting CCNY 32 (34, including the tourney) regular season games?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
How are you getting CCNY 32 (34, including the tourney) regular season games?

I just sim now, stopped doing the scheduling for them a long time ago. So I have no idea how it's happening. But on that current schedule, those first four games were a pre-season tournament of some kind. (I can only tell that because the games were vs. games rather than at or just with the school name)

And then there were three post-season games for the BE Tournament.

So that's only 30 games plus seven.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-18-2011 at 06:31 PM.