Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 AM   #101
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I'm done with that one chick and I am meeting a new lady on Saturday night. She's actually local, which is freaking awesome. I can't tell you how much I dread driving into the city here.

The only thing I am uncertain about is, she's Russian. She's been in America for 20 years, but, I really don't have any interaction with any Russian people at all. I'm sure she's been 'Americanized' to a point, but, am worried about a culture clash.

Speaking of culture clash, I hear that Culture Club is getting back together...

What happened with that one chick?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:51 PM   #102
JediKooter
Coordinator

She'd never call back or even a text message now and then. Just odd because in person, she was very outgoing. So, I don't think she was all that interested. Which I'm totally cool with.

However, I had an excellent time Saturday night with the Russian girl. Tall, dark hair, cute face, kind of chunky but it looked alright on her. She wants to go to the Plain White Tees concert next week, with me. Very cool lady and her accent is awesome.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #103
JediKooter
Coordinator

Alrighty, tickets are bought for the concert. It's on Super Bowl Sunday, but, I think I'll live if I miss the game.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #104
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Alrighty, tickets are bought for the concert. It's on Super Bowl Sunday, but, I think I'll live if I miss the game.

....are you sure she wasn't testing you?

"What? He would actually go to a Plain White Tees concert on Super Bowl Sunday!? He ain't a real man!!"
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #105
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
....are you sure she wasn't testing you?

"What? He would actually go to a Plain White Tees concert on Super Bowl Sunday!? He ain't a real man!!"

Haha! Good point. Not sure what time the game starts, but the concert is at 8 here in California. So maybe I can catch some of the game.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #106
JediKooter
Coordinator

Went out with the Russian lady again last night. It was supposed to be a quick dinner because she had to relieve the baby sitter at 7:00. We ended up staying at dinner until 8 though. The more I talk to her, the more and more I like her. She is one smart chick, pretty and down to earth. 3 things that are usually at the top of my list.

I'm looking forward to seeing her again on Sunday.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #107
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Went out with the Russian lady again last night. It was supposed to be a quick dinner because she had to relieve the baby sitter at 7:00. We ended up staying at dinner until 8 though. The more I talk to her, the more and more I like her. She is one smart chick, pretty and down to earth. 3 things that are usually at the top of my list.

I'm looking forward to seeing her again on Sunday.

Pics or she is really your right in a sock puppet
Old 02-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #108
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Pics or she is really your right in a sock puppet

Ok, here she is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gf1.jpg (31.2 KB, 200 views)

Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #109
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ok...It's great! I am glad I wasn't drinking while I was looking at this...
Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #110
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not a nose guy...but her's is smoking.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #111
Swaggs
Coordinator

I didn't figure JK to be one to go for brunettes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #112
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Ok...It's great! I am glad I wasn't drinking while I was looking at this...

Haha! Funny you should say that. She drinks like a fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
I'm not a nose guy...but her's is smoking.

It's her eyes that won me over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I didn't figure JK to be one to go for brunettes.

Oh man, I LOVE brunettes. Well, I like all of them, but, brunettes are my favorite and this one is machine washable.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #113
JediKooter
Coordinator

The Sunday night date to the Plain White Tees went pretty well. We got there a little late and we caught the opening acts last 2 songs. About a half an hour later the show started, after a couple of songs, the band talked about their new album coming out in April, blah, blah, blah. They play for about a total of 45 minutes and they were done. I thought, "Short show, but, it's not like the tickets were 100 dollars". So we take off for the door to leave and the guy watching the door asks us if we are leaving. We say yes and he says, well the main act hasn't played yet. Whoa, wait what? I thought that was the main act??? Nope, that was a second 'opening act'.

So we almost walked out of there without seeing the Plain White Tees. Thought it was funny. She likes them, I really don't know who they are and couldn't place a song to their name. However, she didn't wear her glasses so she couldn't tell if it was them or not. Since, the band said they have a new album coming out in April, we thought that maybe they just played songs off of that and that was it. Boy were we wrong!

Ended up being a good show and we both had an excellent time.

Last edited by JediKooter : 02-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:18 PM   #114
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Update...?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #115
JediKooter
Coordinator

The Russian chick is long gone.

However, was supposed to have a date on Sunday. Belly dancer. I only talked to her a couple of times and there were a few emails exchanged. We set up to meet at 3 in the afternoon on Sunday. Friday, I sent a text confirming our date on Sunday...no response. Well, she did say she was spending time with her mom and dad, so she may just be busy. Sunday morning, I text again, no response. So I get to the place at 3 and don't see her. I set my alarm on my clock for 3:15 and if she's not there, I'll call her.

3:15, she's still not there, so I call. The phone rings a couple of times and I get, "Sorry, but, the number you have dialed has been disconnected or is no longer in service". Wow. I didn't even know her long enough to piss her off to get that kind of treatment. I think match.com should be called flakes.com.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #116
hollmt
High School Varsity

ive found myself checking this thread numerous times and finally feel the urge to give my dating story.

i joined plentyoffish i believe back in late january and actually had a bit of luck with it to start. im a thin guy, but by all accounts rather decent looking, but i am amazed at the amount of BIG girls that came my way on that site. and i do mean BIG. apparently they like the thin guys...

regardless, i did exchange numbers and quite a few emails and with 3 different women. not at the same time however...i find that i dont want to play that game, even if on a dating site.

the first girl lived way too far away though, and randomly called me at 1pm drunk as hell, and was a total turn off...we had talked once prior to that, but that was the last time we communicated.

another girl, i liked and we talked for a week or so and i got the nerve up to ask her out and then...i didnt hear from her for a few days. she apparently...or rather WE apparently played the "who is going to contact the other first" game...but in the process of playing that game i met the third girl.

we started talking and the communication was great right off the start...she is into sports, knows alot about them and plays them as well. so i booted girl #2 off my list and moved on to #3. our first date was at Dave and Busters and we had a fantastic time. had lunch the next day and then she flew out to denver for a week to visit a girlfriend, but we communicated in some fashion each day.

when she came back she asked if i was comfortable coming over one evening after class (i currently am taking classes in the evenings) and so i did. we just hung out there and had a good time, shot some pool etc.

so now we have been "dating" for im thinking 6 weeks or so and this is where the one issue i have comes in to play.

she is extremely touchy feely, which is fine, i dont mind that at all the physical attraction is there for both parties...and i get the feeling she likes me in person very much. her son adores me (her words) and i also know she has mentioned me to some of her friends and parents (paying attention to what she tells me), however...outside of us being togeher it seems...different. i guess it is rather hard to explain other than she doesnt seem as interested unless i am physically/personally there with her and we are doing something.

case in point last night: after my class, i gave her a call to say hi and she she was talkative but seemd distracted...she asked me if i wanted to come hang out for a bit and i said sure. everything is great in person as usual and i go home. today i dont hear anything from her except a few texts and then goodnight.

i am sure i make a mountain out of a mole hill, but i personally like to feel wanted on both ends of the spectrum and she has told me in conversation before that her ex husband actually accused her of not "relaying her feelings" very well.

this up coming weekend could be important though..we will see.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:08 PM   #117
JediKooter
Coordinator

Welcome to the thread hollmt!

Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #118
hollmt
High School Varsity

well as it ends up, looks like this weekend wont be that important after all. i just outright asked her today after not hearing anything from her for nearly 2 days if something was wrong or she was just not interested. her reply was that she liked me alot, and wanted to feel more but thought of just a friendship right now.

gotta go with those gut feelings when you get them and apparently the ones i was having came about.

back to the drawing board and and unhid profile on the fish site.

i think i will keep this update going thoug for sure and try and share some of the info...
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #119
JediKooter
Coordinator

Sorry to hear that man. Good thing that you found out now rather than later and you had a lot of time and emotions invested.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #120
JediKooter
Coordinator

Finally got a phone number from a woman that was not from match.com or any other online dating site. I've actually known her for a while (about a year) and pulled out my phone and said, "What's your number?" and that seemed to have worked fine. Now whether or not it goes anywhere after that...who knows.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #121
sooner333
College Starter

I moved within the past year, haven't had any dates since I've been up here (I did have some dates back in Norman, but it just didn't work out (my choice, kind of regretting it)), but I keep talking myself out of signing up for one of these sites. I know there's no risk (except possibly money), but I come up with different reasons everytime. What if someone I know sees me...Tulsa seems pretty small for this to work...etc.

Seeing this thread makes me want to sign up, but I'm still not over the hump yet.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #122
JediKooter
Coordinator

I wouldn't worry about someone seeing you on a website. It's the 21st century and it's not uncommon as much as it used to be. I found it waste of money, but, I think that's the area I'm in. I would think in your area, the women are probably a lot more personable than they are out here. There's plentyoffish, which is free. That way you don't have to spend any money and kind of get a feel for it.