Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #251
muns
Pro Starter

#1 Binghamton smashes #4 Hartford 104- 72
#2 Maine beats #6 Albany 81-59

With the win Binghamton becomes the first America East in my tenure to be ranked in the top 25. They are now ranked 25th in the country!!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #252
muns
Pro Starter

SIGH...... and of course this freaking happens....

#1 Binghamton gets a big head and loses to #2 Maine 67-80.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM   #253
muns
Pro Starter

Although we might get 2 into the tourney now!!!!!!

Im hopeful, the bubble watch has Binghamton in.........
Old 03-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #254
muns
Pro Starter

WE DO WE DO WE DO WE DO!!!!!!

Everybody that works for the America East is out Partying tongiht!!!!!!!

Binghamton gets an 8 SEED and Maine gets a 12 SEED!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #255
muns
Pro Starter

IAAUS Tournament

#8 Binghamton loses to #9 Dayton 54-72
#12 Maine loses to #5 Tennessee 51-96

Loud Claps for both teams here, as they both exceeded my expectations!!!!

#3 Minnesota beats #14 Farleigh Dickinson 75-59

NIT

#1 Vermont beats #9 American U barely 64-63

3BI

#11 New Hampshire loses to #6 George Washington 60-84
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #256
muns
Pro Starter

IAAUS

#3 Minnesota and super Freshman Rensselaer Phan get upset by #6 USC 67-75

NIT

#1 Vermont beats #4 Hawaii 82-71
Old 03-28-2011, 10:55 PM   #257
muns
Pro Starter

NIT

#1 Vermont beats #3 Iowa 79-73 for a spot in the NIT final 4!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #258
muns
Pro Starter

NIT

#1 Vermont's storybook run comes to an end against #4 Miami loosing 100-71

Heck of a run by Vermont as well!!!

Really nice season this year for the America East!!!

Last edited by muns : 03-28-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #259
muns
Pro Starter

NIT

#1 Vermont loses to #1 Kansas 92-64 to take home 4th place in the NIT
Old 03-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #260
muns
Pro Starter

IAAUS Final 4

Florida
Mississippi State
Michigan State
UNC

Title Game

Mississippi State beats UNC 93-55 for their first IAAUS title
Old 03-28-2011, 11:04 PM   #261
muns
Pro Starter

Awards

National Freshman of the year goes to.....

Easy selection here our very own Rensselaer Phan of Minnesota

He averaged 14.9 points, 3.5 rebounds (2.1 of those were offensive), 7.2 assists, 1.3 turnovers for a 5.42 A/T ratio, 1.7 steals, and .4 blocks per game.

He shot 48% from the field, 45% from the FT line, 41% from 3 and was a +12 on the year

He also wins the Big 10 Freshman of the year and Player of the year honors

Last edited by muns : 03-28-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 PM   #262
muns
Pro Starter

He wasnt the only one that did well.

Binghamton Jr- Richard Nader made 3rd team all american

He averaged 17.4 points, 9 rebounds (2.4 of those were offensive) 1.4 assists, 2.1 turnovers, and 2.1 blocks per game.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #263
muns
Pro Starter

Binghamton Coach Thomas Desliva was coach of the year.

My call on Freshman of the year was wrong even though after review of the stats I was correct and just got hosed......

Freshman of the year was Emile Williams of Maine even though his stats were worse than my guy Daniel Tyler of Stony Brook
Old 03-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #264
muns
Pro Starter

Stony Brook gets a facility upgrade
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #265
muns
Pro Starter

Really Disgusted with the way recruiting worked out this year.....

Just not happy at all.... Frankly it plain sucks......

Hartford was the only one that did anything, and they now have back to back first place classes in this conference. They should be looking really pretty here shortly

Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #266
muns
Pro Starter

No conference movement this year and nobody of significance retired this year.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #267
muns
Pro Starter

Next up is Conference Evaluations of our Coaches and me getting nervous to see who tries to start to poach some of these guys. Just about all of them have done a remarkable job turning these teams into being respectable.

Until next time

Last edited by muns : 03-28-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 PM   #268
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

muns, I'm liking this dynasty a lot. Could I add a recruit to the mix as well? or another coach or something? I know how hard it is to get people involved in interactive dynasties as I've had a few failed attempts (well, my latest one was my favorite, until my computer crashed and I lost FBCB and all the files).

Heck I'd even dominate the interaction and take another coach and a recruit. lol
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #269
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
muns, I'm liking this dynasty a lot. Could I add a recruit to the mix as well? or another coach or something? I know how hard it is to get people involved in interactive dynasties as I've had a few failed attempts (well, my latest one was my favorite, until my computer crashed and I lost FBCB and all the files).

Heck I'd even dominate the interaction and take another coach and a recruit. lol

I'm glad you are liking it. Sure you can add both a recruit and another coach. I'm not all that worried about having a ton more people in it as it has just been a fun project for me to do.

So you lost FBCB huh? Did you get another computer? I'm sure if you emailed E-license and explained the situation they would free up your licenses for you at that point. Have you tried that?

Last edited by muns : 03-29-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #270
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Well that's not the problem, the problem is I can't get it to run for some reason, and my computer tech person hasn't been able to get over here to look at it yet. I'm sure I'll have it up and running soon.

As for my coach:

First Name: Shannon
Last Name: Elliott
City: Seattle
State: Washington
Make his superstats be coaching offense and defense. I don't care so much about him being a good recruiter, because I already have a recruiting coordinator.

As for the recruit:

Korleone Young
Wichita, KS
Wichita East High School
C
6'10" 245
Dominating force inside, great post defense.

Let me know if u need anything else, look forward to seeing the progression of Mike Schaplowsky and the future of Korleone Young and Shannon Elliott.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #271
muns
Pro Starter

Ill get them both in when I am able to resume.

I wont be able to update this for the next few days so if anyone else wants to hop in just post it up.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #272
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

muns, how are you doing this, in game? Do you change these coaches to humans for the whole season and let the AI do everything? And then during the head coach and assistant phase, do you turn them to computer controlled coaches?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #273
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
muns, how are you doing this, in game? Do you change these coaches to humans for the whole season and let the AI do everything? And then during the head coach and assistant phase, do you turn them to computer controlled coaches?

You came close.

Yes you have to change the head coaches to human and then make them resign (no fire button) if you want to get rid of them. Then when you find the coach that you want to take over you change them to human and then hire them for that open spot.

Like you said I then place them on AI controlled for everything and it all works out.

During the head coach and assistant coaching phases I do not turn them back to AI controlled.

You can control that 2 ways. By not letting the human controlled coaches get job offers (they stay till you get rid of them) OR you can let them get offers and then you just go into their email pick which job you want them to take, and then you have to go in and edit them back to being AI controlled rather than human. Then you just replace that coach that you just let walk to another job and should be good to go.

let me know if that makes any sense to you or not
Old 03-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #274
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
You came close.

Yes you have to change the head coaches to human and then make them resign (no fire button) if you want to get rid of them. Then when you find the coach that you want to take over you change them to human and then hire them for that open spot.

Like you said I then place them on AI controlled for everything and it all works out.

During the head coach and assistant coaching phases I do not turn them back to AI controlled.

You can control that 2 ways. By not letting the human controlled coaches get job offers (they stay till you get rid of them) OR you can let them get offers and then you just go into their email pick which job you want them to take, and then you have to go in and edit them back to being AI controlled rather than human. Then you just replace that coach that you just let walk to another job and should be good to go.

let me know if that makes any sense to you or not

Makes perfect sense now, thanks!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #275
muns
Pro Starter

Alright its been a few weeks since I updated this due to my work schedule, so Ill see how far I get today putting in some time again.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #276
muns
Pro Starter

Coaching Evaluations

Albany- Whitney Arguello- Well its been 4 years since I let Whitney take the keys to the Albany program and goodness was he a fantastic Hire. Before he showed up, Albany's best season was 15-15 two years in a row. In Whitney's first year they won 20 games and made the teams ever post season trip to anything let alone the IAAUS tournament. He is an amazing 56-71. I know that doesn't look like much, but like I said Albany was literally a dog before he showed up and has this team right in the hunt year in and year out. Albany's Prestige has rose from 13 his first year to 24 this past season. I think a few of my coaches are going to get poached this year and I am really hoping he can stick around a few more year.

Binghamton-Thomas Desilva- He has had a rough first 2 years here at Binghamton. He however has been extremely successful just about everywhere he has been (except getting fired after 2 seasons from South Florida after I left the big East). His record is 264-160 and I know he is going to do big things here. In his 3rd season (this past year) he went 25-8 and made a trip to the IAAUS tournament. I really expect that year in and year out from him once he gets the kids he wants in here, and his track record says thats very do-able. He is only 47 and running one of the flagship America East teams. I would expect him to get offers from some bigger teams in the next few years. As sad as I will be to see him go, I was happy to see him loose his job at USF so that he could come on over to the America East and have some nice success here.

Boston University-Bobby Decastro- This is an interesting situation. Boston U isn't exactly Duke on the basketball map however he has put himself on the "should he stay radar". In his 4 years he has gone 56-70 which puts him as the 2nd most successful coach in Boston U history. He took them to the NIT in his 2nd year, their only post season trip ever. The problem is that this past year he went 6-25 and all the kids on the team are now his. He has taken Boston's Prestige from 14 his first year to 23. There are plenty of reasons on why he has been good for this program but should he get dumped for really one bad year???? His recruiting has for the most part been in the middle of the pack each year in the America East and he should be able to develop some of that talent with the 7 and 5 ratings he has in his offensive and defensive coaching abilities. I think he is safe for one more year but he cant do another nose dive like this past season. He had Boston on the right track and I cant have them slip back anymore. Come on Bobby your job is on the line.

Hartford-Douglas Vargas- Douglas is another one of our fine coaches who has done a remarkable job with what he has had. In his 4 years he has gone 53-72 which again doesn't look like much however what he has done has been remarkable. This program's Prestige was a 17 four years ago and now sits at 26. 26 is the highest the teams Prestige has ever been at, and 2 years ago he took them to their second ever IAAUS tournament birth. In looking over their roster, he has recruited 5 green and blue potential guys that are all freshman and sophomores. If he develops them I would say Hartford has a chance to run this conf in 2 years and then Vargas might have to jump ship to see his shining star take off in the coaching world. Until then I will enjoy him being in Hartford and I'm sure the Alumni and students wont mind a bit either!

Maine-Brooks Olson- Talking about Brooks actually bring a huge smile to my face. This is what I had to say about the Maine job and Brooks 4 short seasons ago when I hired him:

Quote:
Maine- Another historical stinker of a job and is yet another school that has lost over half of its Prestige points in 9 short seasons. Not only is this job behind the 8 ball due to its location, but its tough to find a coach that wants to coach a job that nobody really wants to touch. The coach that I am looking for here needs to be able to recruit but also needs to be able to develop the talent better than most other coaches because i doubt whoever it is will be pulling in top 150 classes. If thats the case then its more important than ever to develop the guys that do end of coming to Maine.

The choice here was also easy. Brooks Olson from Pittsburgh will be the new head man of the Black Bears. He has ratings of 7-3-10-7. The ratings and the skill set are clearly there for him to be successful, however what made this job attractive to him is the fact that he hasn't had success anywhere else. He was the head man at Oregon for 5 seasons and ended up going 68-90. Unless he got another chance at a small time school none of the big boys were going to come calling again. Brooks will put the time in here at Maine and I'm hoping that it rolls into turning this program back around.

Fast forward to now. All Brooks has done in 4 years at Maine is win. He has gone 71-58. If you take out his first year on the job when they went 9-21 he has a record of 62-37 with a regular season title and a post season tournament title. He has taken the Maine Black Bears to 3 straight post season tournaments in the 4IT his 2nd year, the NIT his 3rd year and the IAAUS this past season. Maine's Prestige was at 11 when he took over and now sits currently at 30. They went from basically last to 3rd in a blink of an eye. This guy wanted it more. He wants another shot at a big time program, and to be honest at 63 I think I am going to loose him this off season which will be a huge shame. He just might get that shot again. He failed as the head man at Oregon and just proved to the entire country he can win at the worst possible job in America. I really think he gets his opportunity again when I move to the next stage, and if it happens it will be exciting and sad all at the same time. If that is the case Maine and the Entire America East community will have lost an amazing coach.

New Hampshire-Jonas Marr- The only words that come to mind when trying to describe Jonas tenure at New Hampshire is "up and down". He wins 5 games one year then 15 the next. The following year he wins 7, and then the year after he wins 17 and takes the team to the 3BI. It will be interesting to see his progression after this 3BI year and hopefully he can build on that success. New Hampshire has also improve their Prestige from 10 when Jonas took over to 17 now. Has anyone else noticed the trend of all teams improving Jonas isn't exactly on the hot seat yet, but he cant keep ping ponging around from one year to the other, no matter how much the Prestige has improved. Like I said earlier, hopefully he can build on last years success.

Stony Brook- Daniel Hansen- Another one of my Big East hires that got fired after I left and has found a home in the America East. He can recruit his butt off and did so at Providence (2 top 25 classes in a row) however he just didn't get enough time to see how those classes developed. I am expecting the same thing here. His first year here he went 6-24 and last year (his 3rd year) he went 14-16, so I like the improvement so far. Hope that keeps up as I have some high hopes for Stony Brook.

UMBC- Tyson Tarter- The can't miss coaching commodity 3 years ago has struggled after 4 great seasons as an assistant at North Carolina. His first year he did exactly like I wanted him too, going 22-11 but the following 2 seasons he has only amassed 21 wins total. Its not panic time this year, however if he keeps taking a once proud program he wont be around much longer.

Vermont-Mike Schaplowsky- Well If I am being honest I think I will also loose Mike this off season as well. His star is also very bright which is why I hired him to lead my best program from the get go. All he has done in 4 years is gone 83-48 and taken Vermont to 3 post season tournaments (4IT, NIT, IAAUS). At only 38 years of age Mike is going to have a hell of a shot to shoot up the coaching ranks if a big time program decides to move on him. He has a lot of wins for being a young guy and we very well could see him on the top 50 list of best coaches of all time if he keeps it up. Vermont's Prestige was 27 when he first showed up from Baylor and now it sits at 37 which is tops in the America East. Like i said in Brooks situation at Maine, if Mike does end up leaving he will greatly be missed as he was a great asset at Vermont and a great ambassador for the America East Conference.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #277
muns
Pro Starter

WOW

Well what happend when I hit the head coach button was Interesting.

2 of our America East Head Coaches are getting looked at for other jobs at the moment. One was who I thought was going to get major looks and the other one I didnt think just quite yet.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #278
muns
Pro Starter

Brooks Olson

Brooks is certainly getting his Fair share of looks this off season coming in with 10 offers right off the bat.

I'm not going to go in any particular order, just going to list em. Obviously he is leaving Maine, so I am not even going to bother doing comparisons.

1. UNLV- Prestige is 51 and a budget of 452,281- 10-21 last year, recruiting class was 59 and the AD wants a .500 conf record

2. Texas San Antonio- Brooks has already turned them down so I am not even going to list their stats. Not even close to UNLV

3. Santa Clara- Prestige is 42 with a budget of 346,125- 15-17 last year, recruiting class was 56 AD wants a .500 conf record

4. Rice- Prestige is 39 with a budget of 407,337- 10-21 last year, recruiting class was 6 and the AD wants to avoid last place in the conf

5. Pittsburgh (Who Brooks coached at as an assistant for 4 years)- Prestige is 74 with a budget of 617,562- 16-16 last year, recruiting class was 123 and the AD expects to win the conf championship

6. Northwestern- Prestige of 57 with a budget of 538,750 - 9-21 last year, recruiting class was 153 and the AD wants to play in a post season tourney

7. George Washington- Prestige of 61 with a budget of 466.781. Went 18-16 last year and a recruiting class of 177. The AD wants to play in the IAAUS tournament.

8. Boston College- Prestige of 60 with a budget of 550,000. Went 12-20 last year with a recruiting class of 28. AD wants to play in the IAAUS tourney

9. Arkansas- Prestige of 72 with a budget of 609,875. Went 14-18 last year and had a recruiting class of 17. AD wants to play in the IAAUS tourney

10. Arizona State- Prestige of 69 with a budget of 583,750. Went 14-18 last year with a recruiting class of 99. AD wants to play in the IAA|US tourney.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #279
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Brooks Olson

Brooks is certainly getting his Fair share of looks this off season coming in with 10 offers right off the bat.

I'm not going to go in any particular order, just going to list em. Obviously he is leaving Maine, so I am not even going to bother doing comparisons.

1. UNLV- Prestige is 51 and a budget of 452,281- 10-21 last year, recruiting class was 59 and the AD wants a .500 conf record

2. Texas San Antonio- Brooks has already turned them down so I am not even going to list their stats. Not even close to UNLV

3. Santa Clara- Prestige is 42 with a budget of 346,125- 15-17 last year, recruiting class was 56 AD wants a .500 conf record

4. Rice- Prestige is 39 with a budget of 407,337- 10-21 last year, recruiting class was 6 and the AD wants to avoid last place in the conf

5. Pittsburgh (Who Brooks coached at as an assistant for 4 years)- Prestige is 74 with a budget of 617,562- 16-16 last year, recruiting class was 123 and the AD expects to win the conf championship

6. Northwestern- Prestige of 57 with a budget of 538,750 - 9-21 last year, recruiting class was 153 and the AD wants to play in a post season tourney

7. George Washington- Prestige of 61 with a budget of 466.781. Went 18-16 last year and a recruiting class of 177. The AD wants to play in the IAAUS tournament.

8. Boston College- Prestige of 60 with a budget of 550,000. Went 12-20 last year with a recruiting class of 28. AD wants to play in the IAAUS tourney

9. Arkansas- Prestige of 72 with a budget of 609,875. Went 14-18 last year and had a recruiting class of 17. AD wants to play in the IAAUS tourney

10. Arizona State- Prestige of 69 with a budget of 583,750. Went 14-18 last year with a recruiting class of 99. AD wants to play in the IAA|US tourney.

UNLV, Rice, George Washington all get tossed on the first round of inspections.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #280
muns
Pro Starter

Honestly if Brooks wasnt so old I would prob have him take on Santa Clara, I think their situation is the best one out of the bunch. However since he is so old and wants to go after a top notch program before he heads out, I need to cross them off the list.

That leaves the 5 big time schools.

Pittsburgh, Northwestern, BC, Arkansas, and Arizona State.

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #281
muns
Pro Starter

It looks like its between BC and Arkansas. Out of those 2 BC looks to be a better job based off of the players on the roster. Arkansas has a better prestige, and more budget but BC has some kids that can play.

Brooks is heading to Boston College!!!!

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM   #282
muns
Pro Starter

Our 2nd Coach that got offers is Thomas Desilva from Binghamton

His 2 offers come from

1. Santa Clara who I have already said is just in a fantastic situation if you ask me.

and

2. Rice

Santa Clara offers more money, better prestige and a hell of a better recruiting class.

Thomas is my 2nd coach to leave this offseason. He is taking the Santa Clara Job

Last edited by muns : 04-17-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #283
muns
Pro Starter

I am now looking for 2 coaches at Maine and Binghamton...... 2 of our best 4 programs.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #284
muns
Pro Starter

Eyes starting to hurt, so im taking a break if not stopping. Fun sim this time though.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #285
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Olson certainly made chicken salad out of that Maine job. No two ways about that.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #286
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

glad to see this dynasty report back muns. Congrats to the 2 coaches that moved on to bigger schools, but I'm dissapointed I got no looks. Looking forward to seeing how my other created coach and my recruit do as well. Keep up the good work! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get back to my interactive dynasty.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #287
muns
Pro Starter

So I have 2 jobs that I'm looking for coaches for Binghamton and Maine.

Prospective coaches coming up

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #288
muns
Pro Starter

Just Fired Head Coaches

Ned Morrell- Was just fired from George Washington. Very successful coach at every other school he was at including New Mexico State, Virginia Tech, and Houston. Has a career record of 232-194 with ratings of 4-9-10-5

Sidney Gainer- Was just fired from Columbia. Was 149-149 there with 2 conference titles, 2 IAAUS tournament trips, and a trip a piece to the NIT and 4IT. Has ratings of 5-2-9-10

Carl Young- Was just fired from UNLV. Has a career record of 220-194 with 3 conference titles. Turned the Central Michigan program around in 5 seasons and then jumped to UNLV. Has ratings of 6-6-10-6

Current Assistant Coaches

Gary Martinez- WVU- The former Cincinnati head coach and one of my former hires when I was in the Big East. Has a career record of 204-157 with 3 conference championships and 3 All Americans. Has ratings of 9-4-10-4.

Damien Beeson- Rice- The former Chattanooga Head Man has a career record of 148-110 with 3 conf titles. Has ratings of 9-7-7-3. Went to the post season 5 times in 8 years at Chattanooga.

Zane Lutes- California- Never been a head coach but has stops at Cincy, Nebraska, Louisville, and California. Has ratings of 7-3-10-3. Has been to the post season 8 times in his 13 year career.

Douglas Clark- UCLA- The former head man at Utah State has a record of 98-63 with a conference title. Had a demanding AD as he had 3 twenty win seasons in 5 years before being fired there. Spent 3 years at UCLA going to the Elite 8 and final 4 the past 2 seasons. Has a loss in the title game and another final 4 loss when he was an assistant at Illinois. Has ratings of 6-2-10-8

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #289
muns
Pro Starter

Ive decided to hire:

Carl Young at Binghamton

and

Douglas Clark at Maine

Hopefully both of these guys can continue the success that both Thomas Desilva and Brooks Olsen had with these teams.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #290
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
glad to see this dynasty report back muns. Congrats to the 2 coaches that moved on to bigger schools, but I'm dissapointed I got no looks. Looking forward to seeing how my other created coach and my recruit do as well. Keep up the good work! Maybe one of these days I'll be able to get back to my interactive dynasty.

Actually as I continue to go through the hiring process, you did just get an offer from Rice.

Im still trying to decide if its a step up for you.

Their Prestige is better by 2 points, their budget is doubled, their roster is better (only by a little bit), however they are the worst Prestige school in their conf by a good 10 pts.

I think record wise it will be close to the same this year ( I dont think you have much back at Vermont) but im concerned with the RICE job which is making me think its not a good move.

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #291
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Olson certainly made chicken salad out of that Maine job. No two ways about that.

prob one of the "cooler" things thats happend in this dynasty so far.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #292
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually as I continue to go through the hiring process, you did just get an offer from Rice.

Im still trying to decide if its a step up for you.

Their Prestige is better by 2 points, their budget is doubled, their roster is better (only by a little bit), however they are the worst Prestige school in their conf by a good 10 pts.

I think record wise it will be close to the same this year ( I dont think you have much back at Vermont) but im concerned with the RICE job which is making me think its not a good move.

After thinking about it some more, Ive decided that its not in your best interest to take that job and you are staying put at Vermont this round.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #293
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
After thinking about it some more, Ive decided that its not in your best interest to take that job and you are staying put at Vermont this round.

This round was a different story.

You got offered Louisiana Tech and the UCF job.

The Tech job stunk and I wasnt sending you there.

The UCF job is a different story.

Better Conference, Better Prestige, Better Budget, Better Players,

No coach would have stuck around Vermont with that being there and just like that I have lost my 3rd coach this offseason.

Congrats Mike on the next level and we wish you luck in Conference USA!

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #294
muns
Pro Starter

Now im looking for a new Head Coach for my Flag ship program (the best job in the conf) VERMONT!

Coaches still avaliable

Ned Morrell- Was just fired from George Washington. Very successful coach at every other school he was at including New Mexico State, Virginia Tech, and Houston. Has a career record of 232-194 with ratings of 4-9-10-5

Sidney Gainer- Was just fired from Columbia. Was 149-149 there with 2 conference titles, 2 IAAUS tournament trips, and a trip a piece to the NIT and 4IT. Has ratings of 5-2-9-10

Gary Martinez- WVU- The former Cincinnati head coach and one of my former hires when I was in the Big East. Has a career record of 204-157 with 3 conference championships and 3 All Americans. Has ratings of 9-4-10-4.

Zane Lutes- California- Never been a head coach but has stops at Cincy, Nebraska, Louisville, and California. Has ratings of 7-3-10-3. Has been to the post season 8 times in his 13 year career

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #295
muns
Pro Starter

This hire is pretty easy with the guys im Considering.

Gary Martinez will be the new man in charge at Vermont.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #296
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
As for my coach:

First Name: Shannon
Last Name: Elliott
City: Seattle
State: Washington
Make his superstats be coaching offense and defense. I don't care so much about him being a good recruiter, because I already have a recruiting coordinator.

Shannon Elliott has been hired by Temple who is ranked #11 in the nation as the Coaching Assistant. His ratings are 0-0-10-10

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM   #297
muns
Pro Starter

Let the Korleone Young Sweepstakes begin!

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #298
muns
Pro Starter

Korleone Young Sweepstakes round 2 of recruiting

1. Kansas 81 has offered scholarship
2. Oklahoma State 91 has not offered a scholarship
3. Baylor 85 has offered a scholarship
Old 04-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #299
muns
Pro Starter

Korleone Young Sweepstakes round 3 of recruiting

NO CHANGES

1. Kansas 81 has offered scholarship
2. Oklahoma State 91 has not offered a scholarship
3. Baylor 85 has offered a scholarship
Old 04-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #300
muns
Pro Starter

Korleone Young Committs to Kansas during this sim.

Good luck to him with the Jayhawks!

Last edited by muns : 04-18-2011 at 03:28 PM.