Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

One Remarkable Bloke, John Talbott (FM 2011)

OOC: Back to the Level 11 mod for FM. I have upgraded to FM 2011 and I have been pretty excited to get another FM Dynasty going as the Diss Town one was so fun. This time we will be following a young coach, by the name of John Talbott.

Not much can be said of John Talbott other than he knows his football. He grew up with his mum down in Hayle, West Cornwall. He was a major supporter of Hayle F.C. growing up sporting the Green and White.

He made it a point to learn everything one could about the game of football and even moved up the ranks of the youth clubs for Hayle to the point at the age of 18 he was moved on to the Senior team.

He was then picked up and moved along various teams throughout the lower English levels, never talented enough to make it in the bigger leagues. The one thing that set him apart as a player was the statement all the coaches have made, they have never met a better tactician or student of the game than John.

John had managed to parlay it into a scouting gig for a few clubs once he walked away from the game as a player. But now, now he has the desire to become a coach and make it to Premiers, whether he takes a team there or is hired on, he will become a champion.

MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The pub was a bit quiet for a mid day, but it fit the mood of the man waiting at a booth, he was on his 2nd pint, leg shaking nervously under the table.

What if he hadn't made the right choice, what if his agent comes back with nothing, with no one wanting him, what would he do?

He had his savings from playing and scouting, but it wasn't going to last for long and he also knew if he did get a job it wouldn't pay him as much as he wanted.

Every time the door opened he glanced at it, a look of disappointment across his face until this last minute. He grabbed his pint, swallowed it down and stood up, a nervous smile on his face he grabs the hand of the man before him and shakes it fervently.

"Brad, tell me how it went? Don't spare any punches, have I made the right decision?"

"Listen John, calm down" The man looked at the two empties on the table and laughed "Well, looks like you have been trying."

They both sat down and the bartender brought over another two pints for them and the man named Brad speaks up.

"Well, it looks like there are several teams that will have you in the 10th and 11th levels. There may be a few on the 9th. The one that has been pushing the most for you is Hayle."

"Bugger Hayle, I left them for a reason, I love them as a club and still support them as a fan but I just can't deal with the organization and how it is run." the tone of Johns voice has taken on one of desperation. "Brad, what aren't you telling me?"

"Well, Our talks have been long and thorough, I think I know what you are looking for in a club. So I have set out the feelers and told some clubs you want to work for them."

"You...You what?"

"Yeah, right now Bromsgrove, Falmouth, Andover, Bedfont Town and Banstead are all considering your application and I am waiting to hear from them."

"Ha! You wonderful annoying friend! I know they are all in the lower divisions but trust me, I will guide them up, I will get one of the top teams to blow that little mobile of yours up and beg you to have me sign with them."

"I'm sure you will John."

Excitedly, John left the pub an extra little something in his step. Brad knew John would get his pick of the teams. It was just time to see the offers coming in and get him to the one that will take care of him financially.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

John was pacing in an old, rustic office that contained a creaky wooden desk, a beat up coat rack that was leaning against a wall. There were pictures on the wall of legendary football coaches and players throughout English football history.

"Brad, I can't take this. Falmouth wanted me to work for free?"

"Right you are, and I told them where to go."

Just then the phone rang and Brad picked it up, he jotted something down and thanked them and hung up.

John looked at him incredulously and was waiting for a response. Brad had a poker face and wasn't saying anything.

"You're killing me Brad!"

The phone rang again, Brad answered, listened and said no and hung up.

"First call was Bedfont Town and they have some good numbers, second call was from Banstead and although they had a high salary their payroll number was half of what Bedfont's. We are waiting from Bromsgrove."

John grabbed a rickety old chair and sat down upon it. A deep sigh issued from him.

"Brad, am I doing the right thing?"

"You are, just go with the gut"

The phone rings again and Brad answers, jots some more numbers down and thanks them and hangs up.

"Bromsgrove just offered and you have your choice."

"Really?" a hint of excitement rises from John.

"Yeah, Bedfont Town is offering $210 per week with a $1000 a week in payroll. Bromsgrove is offering $300 a week plus $1600 a week in payroll."

John instantly perks up, wringing his hands together.

"So, more information, who should I sign with?"

"Well, my sources tell me the field at Bromsgrove isn't the best and the facilities aren't that great. Their board is a little tough to deal with. I would take Bedfont over Bromsgrove."

"Well, it is only $90 difference in the pay. I will figure out the payroll situation and make it work. Call Bedfont and tell them I am in."
Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Bedfont Town Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in Bedfont, in the London Borough of Hounslow, England. The club was established in 1965 as a Sunday side in the West Middlesex Sunday Football League. In 1981 the club started playing Saturday football and joined the Hounslow & District League. Five years later they switched to the Woking & District League. They gained promotion to the Surrey County Intermediate League (Western) in 2001. In 2004 they won the Premier Division title and were promoted to the Combined Counties League Division One. They finished second in their first season in the new league and gained promotion once again. In 2009 they won the Combined Counties Premier Division and were promoted into the Southern League Division One South & West for the 2009-10 season.

The club is represented at various levels of the English football league system. Along with the first team, they have a reserve side who play in the Suburban League Premier Division. Their 'A', 'B' and 'C' teams were renamed AFC Bedfont Green in 2008 and play in two of the first team's old leagues - the Surrey County Intermediate (Western) and the Guildford & Woking Alliance. They also had two teams operating under the name Bedfont Green Social in the Guildford & Woking Alliance but those teams have been absorbed into AFC Bedfont Green for the 2009-10 season.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-09-2011 at 05:45 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The town of Bedfont had a small hint of excitement as their new coach signing has generated some buzz.

"Stag Meadow will never be the same as John Talbott has taken over the reigns at Befont Town to lead the Peacocks into the future" was written in the local paper.

The players are happy to have a coach going into the season and the excitement of the hiring has permeated throughout the clubhouse and the board.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Johns office wasn't any better than the one he sat in and accepted this offer over the phone. But he was a coach now, and with it came responsibilities. He was currently looking at the CV's of his staff and was not impressed.

He had to make changes and do it immediately. He called them in one by one and they all agreed to a mutual termination. The only one he kept was a 37 year old player / coach in the midfield by the name of Jon Barrie Bates.

What does this mean for John? It means he coaches the friendly against Winchester City F.C. by himself tomorrow.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #7
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Very cool
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Very cool

Thanks! I have to update this tonight as I have been traveling and hanging out with family the past few days.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Before John gave the walking papers to the old Bedfont Town staff. He manages to contact a few old friends from his playing and scouting days among the leagues.

He brings in 33 year old Jordan Johnson, who is great at working with youngsters and managing the squad. He also is a disciplinarian and will be right for this squad. Jordan was a friend of John's back as he was a scout.

John did have an interesting conversation with Jon-Barrie Bates, the coach/player who is going to stay on as such with the team. John truly loved his knowledge of the club and his mental approach towards the game.

Sean Egan was a scout that recently joined the club that has been given the task to scout out Ireland for some younger talent that could be brought into the club.

The last one to join this squad is a new Physio that was a bit better than the past physio for the club. Wayne Gill was a young and upcoming Physio who played in the leagues up until 03. In fact he got his start with Blackburn and played there for 5 seasons, then bounced around to Blackpool, Tranmere, Oldham and retired from Scarborough and turned his focus onto Physio work.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

John managed to hand the staff their walking papers, a day before the game against Winchester so it was up to him and Jon Barrie-Bates to create a game plan for this match.

"Jon, come in to my office I need your advice on the roster for tomorrow's game."

"Sure thing, what do you need?"

"Well, I want to come out of the gates attacking, who do you think would fit this mold?"

"What mold John? You haven't told me anything about what you are hoping to accomplish on the field yet."

"Ah, well I plan on us running a 3-4-3 and bringing the game to our opponents. We need to score and score a lot. That will keep teams on their heels."

"Ok, and our defenders? Do you want them to push the attack? Be passers? Or have great defense?"

"Honestly, I am looking for passers with defense, we can play the lob and run game. Our forwards and wings will need the stamina to handle this and we will need to be deep there. I will be making changes that way."

"Ok, then you will want to do the following with this squad.."

Jon Barrie began talking and conversing about the squad and the reserves, he has provided a wealth of knowledge in the three hours they had met. He started with the following lineup:

ST G Johnson
ST A Samuel
ST R Howse
ML L Grant
MC J Bates
MC D Haule
MR S Davis
DC A Johnson
DC F Moore
DC G Ross
GK R Hall

He also, prompted John to use the entire club in the friendly to get a feel for everyone.

The game was back and forth, Richard Howse managed to plant two into the back of the net. Jon-Barrie Bates pulled a yellow card and Aaron Samuel picked up a nick from this game.

The good news was that with the 45 people watching this game, Bedfont Town did pull off the 2-1 upset and John comes away from his first match as a winner.