Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL 2087 Regular Season Thread

We start up in roughly 2 hours!

Here is a reposting of the preseason preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Preseason Player of the Year Pick
Bert Thirkettle
CatcherBoston Settlers

Preseason Pitcher of the Year Pick
Evaristo Bedeschi
PitcherAnn Arbor Winged Lingerines

Preseason Rookie of the Year Pick
Greg Nelson
OutfieldToronto Marlboros

Preseason Team Ratings

Continental League
Apex Assassins:
C
Baltimore Charm:
A
Boston Settlers:
D
Georgia Devils:
B
Halifax Winter Wolves:
C
Napa Valley Winemakers:
A+
Tokyo Cyclones:
A
Republic League
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines:
A
Brunswick Barons:
D
Chico Rebels:
B
Colorado Rancheros:
A
Hammersmith Hooligans:
A
Hartford Harpooners:
B
Toronto Marlboros:
A

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Today's stat of the day!

Most 200 Strikeout Seasons
(Top 25 Players)
PlayerSeasons
Skip Adams19
Jeremy Aitken16
Mike Bradford16
Carlos Gonzáles16
Juan Sierra16
Billy Smith16
Iván Flores15
Emmett Quero15
Bartolo Rodríguez15
Masazumi Sanu15
Artie Wiley15
Andrés Aguilar13
Kieran Browne13
Craig Davis13
José Gómez13
David Lee13
Júlio Martínez13
Jorge Aquino12
Chua chay Chao12
Kent Davies12
Ron Fritz12
Pedro Ortíz12
Jesús Peńa12
Tom Shaw12
Floyd Yarbrough12

Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Somewhat amazing that the #1 on the list (Skip Adams) only made the hall of fame 3 seasons ago. I guess that is what he gets for playing most of his career during the FOOL dark ages.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am surprised there aren't more Hammersmith/Atlanta pitchers there, given how often we had top end pitchers. But then, I often had guys who were better at getting outs than getting strikeouts, I think.

Interesting list. I wouldn't have guessed Skip Adams at the top of that with a hundred chances.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This looks to be a very tight RL race, just like last season. It seems like rebuilding Brunswick is the only one that you can reasonably count out.

The Hooligans returns a very similar squad to last season. The six-headed rotation returns. Last year, I split the fifth spot between Bell and Lopez, both rookies. IMO, they have both passed up pitchers who had been starting, so now they will take their full turns. Pacheco drops to a key pen roll, which I hope he'll really take to. Once again, it will be pitching that gets me to the postseason, if that's what happens.

The pen is a bit weaker. We let Villa and Bayer go. Pacheco helps, and we had some depth, so I don't know if there's going to be too much drop off, but it's sometimes hard to tell with bullpens.

My lineup went trhough much less changes this offseason than last. We let Alvarez (starting 3B for one year) go to free agency, as well as platoon C Buddy. We bring in Espinoza and Suzuki at those spots, and I actually think they are slight upgrades in both cases. Last year's break in SS Rodriguez is one year improved in his stats and I expect a stronger year from him offensively. Otherwise, it's essentially the same lineup. Not a juggernaut, but a solid and productive lineup.

Toronto ran way with the division title last year, and Colorado had, statistically, a better team than I had last year. The ratings say both are still strong. Toss in past regular division champ Ann Arbor and maybe the best pitcher in baseball, and the RL's going to be a toss up. Chico and Hartford seem very solid as well, although that's a lot of top teams to climb past.

In the end, though, aren't we just sacrificing our champion at the altar of Napa Valley? Teach's acquisition of Perez gives her a muns-like rotation. Scary stuff.

Good luck to everyone tonight.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

In the end, though, aren't we just sacrificing our champion at the altar of Napa Valley? Teach's acquisition of Perez gives her a muns-like rotation. Scary stuff.

I would never reject a comparison to muns!!!
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think Napa Valley has some question marks. Tony Perez will turn 33 this season and is clearly not the same pitcher he was at age 29. There will be some continued fall off this year as his pitches lose velocity. The big question for him is how quickly will he fade? Will it be noticeable this season or wait another year?

The promising thing for Napa though is even with a fade, Perez is still better than most pitchers, including Merritt whom he will be effectively replacing in the rotation, so that definitely counts as an upgrade.

One additional question is if the bullpen will still hold up with the loss of Martinez. He didn't have any flashy numbers, but Martinez was a big part of the best bullpen in baseball last season. Don't let the 6 losses make you look at him the wrong way, he was extremely solid. If anyone can stand losing him from their bullpen though, it is the Winemakers.

Even though I think the Winemakers have the best talent, it still is no lock that they even make the playoffs. Baltimore has a pitching staff that is close to them and a better lineup. Tokyo also has a comparable lineup and a solid pitching staff. Even Georgia can make a splash if they get some hitting from -somewhere- as their pitching is also nothing to laugh at.

We've all seen teams perform well below expected records with -10 pyths, and neither league has a team that can win 10 games less than expected and get away with it this season.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
I think Napa Valley has some question marks.

I agree with Alan completely.

We want it this year, but in no way expect it. I'm aware of the gaps in our lineup and the randomness that is FOOL playoffs.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
EddieK
High School Varsity

I'm excited for the rebirth of the Boston Settlers as this is a turning point in this struggling franchise for the past half a century. We have some good young ball players coming up in the next year or so.

World Series 2061, 2063, 2104, 2132, 2133, 2151, 2153, 2154, 2157, 2158, 2180, 2183, 2184, 2185, 2210,
EddieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Let's get this party started.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #11
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieK View Post
I'm excited for the rebirth of the Boston Settlers as this is a turning point in this struggling franchise for the past half a century. We have some good young ball players coming up in the next year or so.

oooh do tell! Give us a full report! So is it next year or this year?
Old 09-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #12
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This looks to be a very tight RL race, just like last season. It seems like rebuilding Brunswick is the only one that you can reasonably count out.

The Hooligans returns a very similar squad to last season. The six-headed rotation returns. Last year, I split the fifth spot between Bell and Lopez, both rookies. IMO, they have both passed up pitchers who had been starting, so now they will take their full turns. Pacheco drops to a key pen roll, which I hope he'll really take to. Once again, it will be pitching that gets me to the postseason, if that's what happens.

The pen is a bit weaker. We let Villa and Bayer go. Pacheco helps, and we had some depth, so I don't know if there's going to be too much drop off, but it's sometimes hard to tell with bullpens.

My lineup went trhough much less changes this offseason than last. We let Alvarez (starting 3B for one year) go to free agency, as well as platoon C Buddy. We bring in Espinoza and Suzuki at those spots, and I actually think they are slight upgrades in both cases. Last year's break in SS Rodriguez is one year improved in his stats and I expect a stronger year from him offensively. Otherwise, it's essentially the same lineup. Not a juggernaut, but a solid and productive lineup.

Toronto ran way with the division title last year, and Colorado had, statistically, a better team than I had last year. The ratings say both are still strong. Toss in past regular division champ Ann Arbor and maybe the best pitcher in baseball, and the RL's going to be a toss up. Chico and Hartford seem very solid as well, although that's a lot of top teams to climb past.

Good luck Chief and everyone else. Great report!

Most of my staff is returning a year older. NOt sure how good or bad that is. The offense is the same. Maybe a little better. The pitchers are always a question mark. Same starting staff except for the 5th. The relievers are the ? this year. Some great enders. The middle staff I"m not sure of.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

House ran over 3 minutes!

Ok, sim time. getting exports now

Old 09-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

*waves to Teach!* Hey Teach! I'm in the nosebleed section up here! Come on up! I"ve got an extra dog and beer!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
*waves to Teach!* Hey Teach! I'm in the nosebleed section up here! Come on up! I"ve got an extra dog and beer!

Hey buddy! I'll grab my glass of wine and come join you!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
hyde4us11
Coordinator

I'll bring the cheese. LOL
Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #17
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent LF K. Miyamoto to a 1-year contract worth a total of $12,275,000.
Apex Assassins: Signed LF P. Bryant to a minor league contract extension.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent CF F. Peralta to a minor league contract.
Apex Assassins: Signed SP R. Galván to a minor league contract extension.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent MR R. Sánchez to a 1-year contract worth a total of $785,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent SP F. Bei to a minor league contract.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent SP E. Falck to a 2-year contract worth a total of $3,235,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent RF E. Escamilla to a minor league contract.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed free agent MR L. Martínez to a minor league contract.
Tokyo Cyclones: Signed free agent LF E. Castro to a 1-year contract worth a total of $14,530,000.
Brunswick Barons: Signed free agent SP J. Hall to a minor league contract.
Brunswick Barons: Signed free agent SP R. Garrigos to a minor league contract.
Brunswick Barons: Signed free agent C C. Haworth to a minor league contract.
Brunswick Barons: Signed free agent 2B J. Doering to a minor league contract.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here we go, good luck everyone this season.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
I'll bring the cheese. LOL

Yay hooray! I love that we've got a party going!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Brenton Whitewashes Tokyo
Sunday, April 6th, 2087: Paul Brenton dominated Tokyo with a brilliant 1-hit shutout in the Charm 4-0 triumph at Sony Park. The Baltimore hurler fanned 4 and walked 1 in the game.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #21
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Chico's Hudson Gets 3000th Hit
Tuesday, April 15th, 2087: The day belonged to Dave Hudson of the Chico Rebels as he became the latest player to reach the 3000-hit plateau. He did it in Chico's 13-12 win over Toronto.

"It's a moment I'll never forget," said Hudson after the game, "3000 hits is a lot. It puts you in a very select group. I never expected to be around long enough to reach a milestone like this."

He finished the day with 3 hits in 7 at-bats.

Lifetime Hudson is batting .321 and has totaled 143 home runs.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hudson is the 41st player in FOOL history with 3000 hits!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Cardenas Zeroes in on Colorado
Monday, April 21st, 2087: Miguel Cardenas was in charge the whole game in the Rebels victory over the Rancheros today. In a superb performance he blanked Colorado 8-0, yielding 3 hits while registering 8 strikeouts and 3 walks.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Winter Wolves Loyola Blanks Boston
Tuesday, April 29th, 2087: The Winter Wolves whipped the Settlers in a 4-0 whitewash today at Ballpark of Boston. It was a masterful outing for Martín Loyola, who shut out Boston on 2 hits.

This season Loyola has compiled a 3-1 mark with a 1.93 ERA.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Bedeschi Gets April's Top Pitcher Trophy
Thursday, May 1st, 2087: Veteran Evaristo Bedeschi put together quite a successful stretch in April for the Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines, earning himself the Republic League Pitcher of the Month award.

Bedeschi racked up a 5-0 record in 7 starts, posting a 2.00 ERA over 45 innings and striking out 41.

CL Picks April's Top Pitcher
Thursday, May 1st, 2087: Despite the number of years he's been in the league, Paul Brenton still gets excited when he puts together a quality stretch like he had in April. The 36-year-old starter for Baltimore was named Continental League Pitcher of the Month earlier today.

He collected 5 wins and no losses with 35 strikeouts in his 5 starts, putting up a fine 1.57 ERA in 34.1 innings of work.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sakaguchi Snags RL Batting Honor in April
Thursday, May 1st, 2087: Seasoned by several years of professional experience, 26-year-old Mitsuo Sakaguchi put together a solid offensive month for Ann Arbor and was crowned April's top batter in the Republic League.

He batted .380 with 6 home runs, 25 RBIs and 18 runs scored.

CL's #1 Batter Announced

Thursday, May 1st, 2087: Bert Thirkettle battered Continental League pitchers all April and wound up taking home the Batter of the Month Award.

"I've been around Front Office Offseason League long enough to know you really have to work hard day in and day out to be able to put up this kind of consistency," the 28-year-old Thirkettle told reporters. "I put in a lot of work, even on the days I may not take the field and it's always nice when everything comes together for me like it did this last month."

In 26 games, Thirkettle hit .323 with 9 home runs, 20 RBIs and scored 21 runs.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Rookie Wiz Gets April Award in RL
Thursday, May 1st, 2087: In April Paul Paull swatted his way to the Rookie of the Month Award in the Republic League by putting up a .337 batting average.

The Hartford Harpooners center fielder also racked up 29 hits, 4 home runs, 9 RBIs and scored 15 runs.

Continental League Names Rookie of Month

Thursday, May 1st, 2087: Steve McFadden was toddling around on his tricycle when some of the guys he's playing against were in their prime, but the 25-year-old first baseman definitely knows how to get to first, second or beyond. Today he was chosen April's Continental League Rookie of the Month for his remarkable month of hitting.

In 20 games McFadden batted .242 for Boston, slapping 16 hits in 66 at-bats with 8 home runs, drove in 14 runs and scored 9 times.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Continental League Standings

TeamWLPCTGBPyt.RecDiffHomeAwayXInn1RunM#StreakLast10
Baltimore Charm158.652-14-919-56-32-12-4135W15-5
Boston Settlers1413.5193.013-1418-76-62-34-5
W17-3
Apex Assassins1313.5003.513-1307-86-52-23-4
W34-6
Halifax Winter Wolves1314.4814.014-13-18-85-62-44-8
L15-5
Tokyo Cyclones1213.4804.011-1414-68-72-07-2
L14-6
Georgia Devils1013.4355.09-1413-37-103-15-3
L15-5
Napa Valley Winemakers1013.4355.011-12-15-65-70-25-4
L25-5
Republic League Standings

Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines207.741-18-9212-48-31-05-5135W17-3
Chico Rebels158.6523.014-917-48-42-17-1
L15-5
Colorado Rancheros1310.5655.012-1119-54-50-16-3
W37-3
Brunswick Barons1313.5006.513-1309-64-72-15-7
W14-6
Toronto Marlboros1215.4448.012-1506-96-61-16-6
L14-6
Hammersmith Hooligans716.30411.010-13-32-45-120-20-7
L33-7
Hartford Harpooners718.28012.08-17-12-85-100-04-4
L14-6

Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #29
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

League Leaders AVG
Y. Chew - COL
2D. GendronBAL.398
3M. SakaguchiANN.380
4R. LambertCOL.365
5J. VázquezTOR.364
League Leaders HR
B. Thirkettle - BOS
2L. BoydCOL8
2S. McFaddenBOS8
4M. GarcíaANN7
43 more tied with
League Leaders RBI
M. García - ANN
2M. SakaguchiANN25
3P. DeRosierCHI24
4B. MillerTOR23
4R. RobergeHAL23
League Leaders W
A. Galilei - BRU
2E. BedeschiANN5
2P. BrentonBAL5
4J. ÁlvarezANN4
42 more tied with
League Leaders ERA
D. Tizzard - BOS
2P. BrentonBAL1.57
3H. HagiwaraGEO1.69
4R. RiveraNVY1.70
5J. CastilloHAL1.83
League Leaders K
F. Ramos - APX
2Y. NakanoNVY42
3E. BedeschiANN41
4D. TizzardBOS38
5P. BrentonBAL35

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tsuchiya Tags Number 300
Tuesday, May 27th, 2087: He has done it!
Takiji Tsuchiya has reached the 300 home run mark. He did it today, but the Apex Assassins still dropped the game to the Napa Valley Winemakers by the score of 7-6.

"Number 300 was hard to come by. I think the pressure was getting to me a little bit. I got a call a few days ago from a couple of guys that have been through this and they just said, 'Keep going, have some fun. Just be you.' I think that helped me a little bit, having those guys make a call to me and try to settle some of the nerves down."

On his historic day Tsuchiya was 1-5 with 1 RBI and 1 run scored.

Over his career Tsuchiya has batted .293 and collected 2670 hits, 300 home runs and 1245 RBIs.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Once again taken down by Alan's optimism. *drinks more wine*
Old 09-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tokyo's Stahl Shuts out Devils
Tuesday, May 27th, 2087: Tokyo hurler Peter Stahl was at his best as he whitewashed the Georgia Devils 4-0 today.

"He just kept the ball down, did a good job, made his pitches," said the Georgia manager. "We didn't do a good job making adjustments, so we helped him out a little bit."

Stahl fired a 3-hitter and totaled 3 strikeouts and no walks in the shutout performance.

In 11 starts this year Stahl has crafted a 3-5 record and a 4.78 ERA.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Once again taken down by Alan's optimism. *drinks more wine*

Optimism? When Chief already declared you as the champ, I said I wasn't even sure that you would make the playoffs!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:37 PM   #34
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Republic League Picks Best Starter in May
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: It was a sensational May for Evaristo Bedeschi as he mystified, mesmerized and terrorized opposing batters to capture the Republic League Pitcher of the Month trophy.

Bedeschi locked down a 5-0 mark in 6 starts last month, striking out 37 while walking 17 in 42.1 innings and posting a 2.13 ERA.

Bedeschi has made 13 starts, tossed 87.1 innings, struck out 78 batters and walked 25. His record is 10-0 with a 2.06 ERA and he has limited other teams to a .212 batting average.

May's #1 Hurler Announced: Delgado
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: José Delgado's been around the league long enough to appreciate the honor he received today. After going 4-1 in May, the 27-year-old Apex hurler has been named Continental League Pitcher of the Month.

He fanned 34 in 44.1 innings, logged an ERA of 0.41 and allowed opponents to hit .131 against him.

On the year Delgado has compiled a 4-4 mark with a 1.19 ERA.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #35
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you read that correctly. Delgado has a 1.19 ERA but still is only .500 winning pct with a 4-4 record!

Of course with a BABIP of .189, I can't imaging him keeping that 1.19 ERA all season.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #36
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RL Presents Batter of Month Trophy to Boyd
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: Prospective free agents love to have hot streaks and Lane Boyd is no exception. The Colorado first baseman capped off a fine month by hauling in Batter of the Month honors in the Republic League.

In May Boyd hit .330 with 9 home runs, 22 RBIs and 18 runs scored.

So far this season Boyd has hit .332 with 17 home runs, 39 RBIs and and scored 40 times.

May's #1 Batter Announced
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: The Continental League has made it official -- Steve Brock is the winner of the Batter of the Month trophy.

In May, the Napa Valley shortstop starred with a .286 batting average, 10 home runs and 21 RBIs. Brock also had 13 walks, posted a .385 on-base percentage and scored 17 times.

Currently Brock is hitting .244 and has collected 11 home runs, 29 RBIs and scored 27 times, while playing in 51 games.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #37
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Chico Rookie Hits His Way to RL Honor
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: Youngster David Ramos emerged as the latest Republic League Rookie of the Month today. The young man from Chico deserved the honor, batting .350 with 4 home runs and 21 RBI. Is the month of May a harbinger of things to come or just a fluke? We'll find out someday, but for now, we'll just let Ramos enjoy the limelight.

For the year Ramos is batting .326 with 10 home runs, 32 RBIs and 36 runs scored.

CL Selects Rookie Star of the Month
Sunday, June 1st, 2087: Miguel Rijo is still a bit shy, but then, who could blame the newest Continental League Rookie of the Month honoree? He hasn't been around the league long enough to fully know the ropes yet, despite the fact that he's putting up veteran-like numbers.

In May the Napa Valley hitter tagged opposing pitching for a .358 average with 38 hits, 5 home runs and 13 RBIs.

This year Rijo is batting .282 with 8 home runs.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #38
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

June 1st, 2087:

Baltimore Charm2921.580-30-20-117-912-124-14-9111W17-3
Napa Valley Winemakers2823.5491.528-23014-1114-121-313-6
W24-6
Apex Assassins2824.5382.029-23-114-1314-114-34-7
W36-4
Halifax Winter Wolves2725.5193.026-26113-1314-123-57-10
L25-5
Boston Settlers2625.5103.524-27213-1413-113-57-8
W15-5
Tokyo Cyclones2628.4815.024-30210-1616-123-112-6
L16-4
Georgia Devils1634.32013.017-33-18-158-193-37-8
L23-7

Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines3319.635-31-21217-916-102-18-10108W15-5
Brunswick Barons3022.5773.032-20-217-1013-125-211-13
L19-1
Chico Rebels2823.5494.526-25213-1215-114-410-5
L12-8
Colorado Rancheros2723.5405.025-25215-1112-122-410-7
W56-4
Toronto Marlboros2427.4718.524-27011-1613-114-614-12
L34-6
Hammersmith Hooligans1931.38013.023-27-49-1410-172-24-11
W15-5
Hartford Harpooners1935.35215.021-33-27-1912-162-29-8
W45-5

Old 09-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #39
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Optimism? When Chief already declared you as the champ, I said I wasn't even sure that you would make the playoffs!

Yeah, but you gave us that damn A+ again.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #40
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

League Leaders AVG
S. Visser - APX
2H. YiBRU.371
3G. NelsonTOR.358
4M. GarcíaANN.354
5D. GendronBAL.346
League Leaders HR
L. Boyd - COL
2A. RomeroNVY16
3S. McFaddenBOS12
3D. SalazarHAM12
57 tied with
League Leaders RBI
M. García - ANN
2R. van AlpenHAR44
3R. RobergeHAL43
4L. BoydCOL39
42 more tied with
League Leaders W
E. Bedeschi - ANN
2A. GalileiBRU8
3P. BrentonBAL7
3M. CardenasCHI7
56 tied with
League Leaders ERA
J. Delgado - APX
2P. BrentonBAL1.95
3J. CastilloHAL1.97
4H. HagiwaraGEO2.03
5E. BedeschiANN2.06
League Leaders K
F. Ramos - APX
2E. BedeschiANN78
3Y. NakanoNVY77
4H. RiveraHAR67
5A. GalileiBRU65

Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #41
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
Yeah, but you gave us that damn A+ again.

Not my fault that you keep getting all of the good players. Maybe you should spread them around some!

Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RL's Premier Starter is Border
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: Sean Border nailed down June's Republic League Pitcher of the Month award today, adding pressure on Hammersmith to get a deal done before the 28-year-old becomes a free agent.

Border seems unfazed by the talk. "We get a deal done or we don't," he told reporters, "I'm not worrying about next year. Worrying about next year isn't what wins awards, you know?"

He fashioned a 4-1 record, reeled off 37 strikeouts, worked 41 innings and held batters to a .242 average for the month as he posted a 2.63 ERA.

So far this year Border has made 16 starts, tossed 101.2 innings, struck out 84 batters and walked 10. His record is 8-5 with a 3.54 ERA and he has limited opposing teams to a .273 batting average.

Nakano Stands Out, Choice for Best Pitcher
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: Yoshimatsu Nakano had an outstanding June -- so good that the Continental League presented him with the Pitcher of the Month Award earlier today.

"There's no way to know where the Winemakers would be without Nakano," one fan is quoted as saying.

In June Nakano dominated the competition, running up a 4-1 record, a 2.63 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 37.2 innings.

On the season Nakano has a 10-4 record with a 2.50 ERA.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RL's Best Batter Picked
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: In June, Théo Dubé was the toughest out in the Republic League and that is the prime reason he was voted the Batter of the Month.

The Chico center fielder rapped out 37 hits in 95 at-bats for a .389 batting average, hit 5 home runs, drove in 21 runs and scored 20 times.

This season Dubé is batting .340 with 12 home runs.

CL Honors Terry, Best Hitter in June
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: A hot-hitting Randy Terry punished CL pitchers in June, hitting .301 in 24 games while racking up 13 home runs, 22 RBIs and 20 runs scored.

With those numbers it came as no surprise that Napa Valley's 28-year-old first baseman earned Continental League Batter of the Month honors.

Terry is hitting .237 so far this season with 58 RBIs and 40 runs scored. He has 65 hits including 22 home runs, 24 walks and .308 OBP.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RL Announces Rookie of the Month
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: A veritable toddler to the Republic League, David Ramos just sewed up the Rookie of the Month trophy for June.

Over the past month the 25-year-old right fielder for Chico hit .344 with 32 hits, 4 home runs and 16 RBI. He also logged 4 walks and compiled a .408 on-base percentage.

Ramos on the season is hitting .332 with 14 home runs. His stats include 48 RBIs and 56 runs scored.

Napa Valley Right Fielder June's Best Rookie
Tuesday, July 1st, 2087: Miguel Rijo earned June's Rookie of the Month honors in the Continental League for last month's performance. The boyish Napa Valley right fielder might be wet behind the ears, but he's proving that he has what it takes to play at this level.

Rijo hit .315 with 2 home runs, 10 RBIs and 15 runs scored this past month on his way to winning the award.

In 74 games this year Rijo has posted a .293 average and put up these numbers: 10 home runs, 30 RBIs and 43 runs scored.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #45
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

July 1st, 2087:

Baltimore Charm4731.603-48-30-126-1321-186-18-1285W67-3
Napa Valley Winemakers4431.5871.544-31023-1621-151-416-10
W17-3
Boston Settlers3937.5137.037-39217-2122-165-511-13
L15-5
Apex Assassins4039.5067.542-37-220-2020-194-58-10
W13-7
Halifax Winter Wolves3840.4879.038-40015-2123-193-612-15
L16-4
Tokyo Cyclones3642.46211.031-47516-2320-193-216-8
W14-6
Georgia Devils2650.34220.028-48-212-2714-234-311-14
L42-8

Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines4533.577-42-36321-1524-184-314-1283L25-5
Brunswick Barons4435.5571.546-33-222-1822-177-412-19
L23-7
Chico Rebels4134.5472.540-35119-2022-145-512-8
W25-5
Colorado Rancheros4236.5383.042-36021-1821-186-815-12
W16-4
Toronto Marlboros3541.4619.035-41014-2421-176-816-16
L25-5
Hammersmith Hooligans3343.43411.034-42-118-2115-222-210-12
W17-3
Hartford Harpooners3048.38515.031-47-112-2718-213-311-11
W25-5

Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #46
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

League Leaders AVG
M. Sakaguchi - ANN
2H. YiBRU.349
3G. NelsonTOR.347
4J. VázquezTOR.346
5R. LambertCOL.343
League Leaders HR
L. Boyd - COL
2R. TerryNVY22
3A. RomeroNVY19
4R. HamptonBOS18
53 tied with
League Leaders RBI
R. van Alpen - HAR
2R. LambertCOL62
3R. TerryNVY58
4L. BoydCOL56
54 tied with
League Leaders W
2 tied with
1E. BedeschiANN11
1P. BrentonBAL11
3Y. NakanoNVY10
43 tied with
League Leaders ERA
J. Delgado - APX
2J. CastilloHAL2.19
3P. BrentonBAL2.36
4Y. NakanoNVY2.50
5M. CardenasCHI2.59
League Leaders K
F. Ramos - APX
2E. BedeschiANN111
3Y. NakanoNVY107
4H. RiveraHAR94
5J. DelgadoAPX93

Old 09-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #47
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Not my fault that you keep getting all of the good players. Maybe you should spread them around some!

I don't wannnnna. I wanna win!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nemoto Hurls Rancheros to Shutout Victory
Wednesday, July 2nd, 2087: Tetsu Nemoto was sneaky fast, on the mark and hard to hit today. He blanked the Hartford Harpooners 4-0 on 3 hits and had 3 walks and 8 strikeouts.

"You know what he's going to throw. You know what to expect. And you still can't hit it," the Hartford skipper told reporters after the shutout loss to the Colorado Rancheros.

"He just had a real deceiving fastball today and he was throwing it for strikes."

This season Nemoto has a 5-4 record with a 5.16 ERA in 16 starts.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 PM   #49
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Rijo Touches All Bases, Hits for Cycle
Monday, July 7th, 2087: Miguel Rijo of the Napa Valley Winemakers had an outstanding game against the Winter Wolves. His 4-hit day included a cycle and 1 RBI as Napa Valley picked up a 7-6 victory at Howler Meadow.

M. Rijo singled in the 1st, tripled in the 3rd, doubled in the 6th, hit a solo-shot off T. Hayagawa in the 8th and struck out in the 9th.

This season in 80 games Rijo is batting .298 with 12 home runs, 33 RBIs and has scored 48 times.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL News: The All-Star Game Rosters Have Been Announced
Thursday, July 10th, 2087: How would you like to manage a team with more star players than you can play? It wouldn't be an easy chore. That's the dilemma facing the two managers at the annual Front Office Offseason League All-Star classic -- how to get all the talented All-Stars in the game? But it's a joy for the fans -- to see all of their favorite stars on one field at the same time.

Here are the official All-Star rosters:

Continental League:

SP Y. Nakano (NVY)
SP P. Brenton (BAL)
SP J. Castillo (HAL)
SP D. Tizzard (BOS)
SP J. Vargo (BAL)
SP W. Silver (NVY)
CL M. Caesar (HAL)
CL M. Torres (BOS)
MR J. Salinas (TOK)
MR W. Damerell (NVY)