PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Nice game CR, assume it was you...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #1603
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm like, half a second behind you.

Man, I hope we're right. Either way, whoever the last wolf is played one heck of a game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #1604
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Nice game CR, assume it was you...

Still not me, man.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #1605
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Ummm, that would kind of suck since that could mean I actually voted correctly.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1606
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You gather for one last attempt to find the conspirator. PurdueBrad says "It has to be Schmidty".

Unfortunately for him the other two agree that it has to be PurdueBrad.

The firing squad is convened.

Ready!!!!!!!!!!!

Aim!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PurdueBrad drops, you inspect him and find some very familiar results.

PurdueBrad was a Loyal Nazi.

Game Over, Conspirators win!!!!

Schmidty pulls it out despite not sending in a night kill for Night Seven.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1607
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Spamming F5 again

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1608
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sad...
Old 10-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #1609
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Very, very well played Schmidty. You pulled out a nice win.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #1610
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, talk about a rollercoaster there Schmidty.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #1611
Autumn
Head Coach

I was yelling to my wife. "Yes, he won it. Oh shit, no he lost it. Oh crap, I can't believe he won it."
Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #1612
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Congrats Schmidty. Man, and to think we were knocking on that door today, that KWhit opened for me, but was there for you, too.

I really was going to get both you and The Jackal lynched.

But in the end, I messed up. I thought the first voter would be the wolf in this situation. And maybe you would have, but you might not have even been in the thread for all I know.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #1613
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Very, very well played Schmidty. You pulled out a nice win.

No, I actually suck. I might have played a good game, but forgetting something so important (even though I swear I sent in a vote for CR), is inexcusable.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #1614
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry about the weird ending. I was trying to figure out what would be the best route to go but I couldn't pull the trigger with allowing the night kill, especially since it was the second PM incident this game for the conspiracy.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:30 PM   #1615
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And sorry, PB, this one's on me. My vote won the game for him, dernit.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #1616
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I was yelling to my wife. "Yes, he won it. Oh shit, no he lost it. Oh crap, I can't believe he won it."

Yeah, that was pretty much the same situation in the Schmidt household.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #1617
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CR, no problem. I had hoped that I had established enough trust with you that you wouldn't go any other way. I should've laid out some argument. It's my bad, plus had I been more willing to listen to arguments about him in the final four, it may have gone different. Damn.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #1618
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post

No, I actually suck. I might have played a good game, but forgetting something so important (even though I swear I sent in a vote for CR), is inexcusable.

What's really funny--and I don't know if EF would have let me do this--I was actually wondering if Schmidty would vote for PB and leave me to decide. I was hoping so, because I was going to simply refuse to vote and call for Nightfall.

But EF probably wouldn't have let me do that.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #1619
Schmidty
Coordinator

This is the best but worst feeling I've had in a WW game. I am such a jackass.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #1620
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Have a good night guys, out till morning. Schmidty and wolves, again, nicely played.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #1621
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR, no problem. I had hoped that I had established enough trust with you that you wouldn't go any other way. I should've laid out some argument. It's my bad, plus had I been more willing to listen to arguments about him in the final four, it may have gone different. Damn.

Actually you had. That's the funny thing, with this thing getting dragged out unexpectedly, it really led me to doubt what I had believed. I should have stayed strong with how I had always felt in the first place (that the wolf was either Schmidty or The Jackal).

Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #1622
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Sorry CR, wasn't ignoring you, just didn't want to answer any questions EF didn't want answered yet.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM   #1623
Autumn
Head Coach

I will now take the occasion to apologize to the rest of you for the PM incident, which was of course my fault. I've apologized to GoldenEagle and EagleFan profusely, and you can be sure I tried offering every solution I could think of that didn't involve GE having to leave the game, but me instead. That truly was a boneheaded move, and you can't imagine how upset I was thinking I had just done in such a great game. I think I got my comeuppance, as I suspect that it was what set Danny on my trail to some degree.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #1624
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
This is the best but worst feeling I've had in a WW game. I am such a jackass.

So is this the part where I swear you're going to be my Day One vote forever?

Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM   #1625
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Sorry CR, wasn't ignoring you, just didn't want to answer any questions EF didn't want answered yet.

Not needed, Lathum, but thanks anyway. I had no idea the game could possibly continue.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 PM   #1626
Autumn
Head Coach

I knew you'd be kicking yourself for changing your target there, Chief. You certainly played a great game though. Schmidty just did great lasting to the very end despite the wolf flameouts all around him.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #1627
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So is this the part where I swear you're going to be my Day One vote forever?

Hell, I'd day 1 vote myself forever too.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #1628
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well done Schmidty. You ass.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #1629
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I will now take the occasion to apologize to the rest of you for the PM incident, which was of course my fault. I've apologized to GoldenEagle and EagleFan profusely, and you can be sure I tried offering every solution I could think of that didn't involve GE having to leave the game, but me instead. That truly was a boneheaded move, and you can't imagine how upset I was thinking I had just done in such a great game. I think I got my comeuppance, as I suspect that it was what set Danny on my trail to some degree.

Heh...I thought it was The Jackal. Right around the time it happened, he and GE were in a back and forth in the thread. I suggested that I had a metagamey reason for thinking The Jackal was a wolf. That was it.

I also had a metagamey reason for Schmidty, which I mentioned earlier today. And that's that he was entirely too agreeable, especially when Danny and I were hashing out our theories. That ain't Schmidty.

That's what I get for not listening to my instincts.

And no worries, Autumn, these things happen. GE woulda made us lynch him at some point anyway.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #1630
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Autumn, FWIW I have almost done that a few times.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #1631
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
And no worries, Autumn, these things happen. GE woulda made us lynch him at some point anyway.

Yeah, that's why we planned on keeping him alive ;-)
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #1632
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
well done Schmidty. You ass.

Sorry for voting you out there, but I absolutely could not tie myself to you especially since Danny and company already seemed pretty set on you.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #1633
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Autumn, FWIW I have almost done that a few times.

It was my worst nightmare because it's literally the thing I hate most about playing WW, worrying about that. I always have to check my message six times before I dare send it, especially when we have large groups of wolves. This one I just clicked and then 30 seconds later my brain caught up. I really wish we had better messaging software here, ugh.

I offered to send GoldenEagle some pizza but he wouldn't give me his address ;-)
Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #1634
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I hope that everyone enjoyed the game. It seemed like it was jynxed at times. One wolf sends a PM to a villager, one gets a bogux boxing and one doesn't send in a nightkill on the final day.

Sorry about the delay tonight, I must have been even more tired than I thought. Then I processed the vote, saw I had one PM waiting and expected it to be the nightkill. Instead it was from PB telling me there was a question waiting to be answered.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #1635
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, I have several apologies to make to you. The first is for siccing the hounds on you. I voted for you first (well actually Saldana) the day I got lynched, figuring no way in hell anyone follows the lead of me when I've got like six votes on me. But to my surprise everyone jumped right on you after me. I clearly overthought that move.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #1636
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I knew you'd be kicking yourself for changing your target there, Chief. You certainly played a great game though. Schmidty just did great lasting to the very end despite the wolf flameouts all around him.

Thanks. Although I wish Lathdana hadn't been a wolf so that my switch to you could have been epic.

Wish Telle were around. Or EF can tell us who she scanned.

So EF, give us the details on Stauffenberg's bomb. He didn't have to be there, I see.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #1637
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

When Lathum/saldana got voted out there was a moment where it was a one vote difference between him and Autumn. In the back of my head I was wondering what would happen if Schmidty came out and voted to make it a tie and lynch them both. I thought that would have been epic.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #1638
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I hope that everyone enjoyed the game. It seemed like it was jynxed at times. One wolf sends a PM to a villager, one gets a bogux boxing and one doesn't send in a nightkill on the final day.

Sorry about the delay tonight, I must have been even more tired than I thought. Then I processed the vote, saw I had one PM waiting and expected it to be the nightkill. Instead it was from PB telling me there was a question waiting to be answered.

I thought it was great fun. Not pleased about how it ended, or my role in that ending, but the game was fun. Not too simple, not too complicated, enough for us to make some judgments on weho was good and bad.

Hey, at least Hitler bought it! (Sorry, Abe, if there's a village that needed to lose, it was this one )

Old 10-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #1639
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the fun game EF!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #1640
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
When Lathum/saldana got voted out there was a moment where it was a one vote difference between him and Autumn. In the back of my head I was wondering what would happen if Schmidty came out and voted to make it a tie and lynch them both. I thought that would have been epic.

Heh...you're right, that would have been epic. We would have insisted Schmidty was clear as you could make him, and look everywhere else.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #1641
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hey, at least Hitler bought it! (Sorry, Abe, if there's a village that needed to lose, it was this one )

Bullshit!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 PM   #1642
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, I have several apologies to make to you. The first is for siccing the hounds on you. I voted for you first (well actually Saldana) the day I got lynched, figuring no way in hell anyone follows the lead of me when I've got like six votes on me. But to my surprise everyone jumped right on you after me. I clearly overthought that move.

no worries. The odds of me living to the end of a game are nil. I am guessing you guys knew who I was then.

Also, EF, what would happen if I was scanned.

Also, I had an epic fake reveal planned the day I was boxed ( which was bogus), but it wouldn't have worked either way since Telle was killed that night.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #1643
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

She scanned Lathum night one. She also scanned ntn, which would have been big for the conspiracy if it had come out and he managed to get converted later. She also scanned CR. She had Schmidty on the scan list which probably would have been the day after she was night killed (as she seemed to scan the alternate the next day and he was the alternate that night) but I don't want to speak for he for certain on that.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #1644
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

so did I come back wolf to her?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #1645
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

EagleFan and I discussed every angle possible and was jut not going to be fair to either side for me to continue the game. I am not bigger than the community and I did not want to ruin a good game. It was the easy thing to do.

And KWhit was suppose to be the night kill. I think it hurt the wolves in the end.

LSG wanted me to point out that she knew Autumn was a wolf from day 1.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #1646
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, we knew about you from day one. And we knew how you learned our identity, so we knew you knew us both right away.

Finding the convert was our main focus until he died, we're lucky it worked out even though we didn't nab him.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #1647
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, she had Lathum night one? I understand not coming out after one day, but, sheesh, I wonder if she dropped any big hints? PB said he didn't find any.

I didn't really look. I always seem to miss those.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #1648
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
LSG wanted me to point out that she knew Autumn was a wolf from day 1.

What?! Damn. HOw did she know? Did I PM her accidentally too?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #1649
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
no worries. The odds of me living to the end of a game are nil. I am guessing you guys knew who I was then.

Also, EF, what would happen if I was scanned.

Also, I had an epic fake reveal planned the day I was boxed ( which was bogus), but it wouldn't have worked either way since Telle was killed that night.

You came up as not a Nazi but that there was no indication that you knew the names of a larger conspiracy movement (forget the exact wording but somewhere along that line). Since the numbers game were very much against the conspiracy I wanted to make your scan a little grey in that it could mean either Rommel or Elser but still make it stand out.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #1650
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I have not been lynched yet since my return to WW!