Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2019, 04:28 PM   #51
miami_fan
Coordinator

Roger Goodell, refs set to be deposed in September over Saints-Rams no call, judge says | Courts | nola.com
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #52
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So my beloved Cards had yet another 1st rounder bust on them, this time Robert Nkemdiche was released after showing up to camp not in shape after recovering from an injury.

Shocked. SHocked I tell you.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #53
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-season football is upon us gentleman
Old 08-01-2019, 08:11 PM   #54
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'll continue to hate to QB sliding rule as usual.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #55
bhlloy
Coordinator

Even though the HOF game is typical preseason football, it might still be a must watch as the first action we’ve had in months, if they would stop with the endless cutaways and painful interviews.

As it is, just turned it off for the night. Meh.

Last edited by bhlloy : 08-01-2019 at 08:16 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 12:20 AM   #56
molson
General Manager

Brady signs for 2 more years after this one. I still expect his inevitable weird last season with another team to come in 2022 at age 45.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:04 AM   #57
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Brady signs for 2 more years after this one. I still expect his inevitable weird last season with another team to come in 2022 at age 45.
I hope he succeeds Jimmy Garoppollo in San Fran so we can close that loop and yell (on deaf/plugged ears) about the idiots who wanted to push him out the door for JG. Real talk though, Jarrett Stidham looks good... I can't wait until we trade him in 2022 for a 2nd round pick because Brady is still playing!

I also don't know how much traction it got, but did people see Belichick made a 69 joke at a press conference?!? We get it, Gronk's coming back in November, stop overdoing the bit.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:57 PM   #58
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Source -- AB suffered frostbite during cryotherapy

Well this is a new one.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #59
miami_fan
Coordinator

The developer of the game is getting a bit too cute.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:27 PM   #60
Thomkal
Head Coach

Kyler Murray goes 6/6 in his first action in the NFL-open the doors for the Hall of Fame for him
Old 08-08-2019, 10:01 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

Daniel Jones goes 5/5 and 1 TD. Obviously Jones and Murray will be the next Brady-Manning rivalry.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:04 PM   #62
Thomkal
Head Coach

Obviously
Old 08-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #63
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Lions looking good in preseason!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #64
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Matt Schaub wins my annual "Holy shit, that guy's still in the league?" backup quarterback award for preseason 2019.

This might be even more shocking than when I saw David Carr playing for the Giants in preseason 2012.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #65
PilotMan
Head Coach

Two North Dakota State guys scored touchdowns yesterday. One was Stick the 5th round QB for the Chargers and the other was Darrius Shepherd an undrafted free agent for the Packers. That's a great day!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 10:29 PM   #66
bhlloy
Coordinator

You have to figure they've got to be having fun watching the show in the Steelers locker room right now
Old 08-10-2019, 12:39 AM   #67
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He’s going apeshit over a helmet. Mr Big Chest is literally insane

Last edited by stevew : 08-10-2019 at 12:39 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 04:09 PM   #68
stevew
Hall Of Famer

When is it going to come out that Brown had a sponsorship deal with Schutt and this was just for millions of dollars of free add exposure.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:41 PM   #69
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Colts GM: Andrew Luck's calf injury is high-ankle issue - NFL.com

Good lord, first it was a calf issue with Andrew Luck, then it was a bone issue, now it's an ankle issue.

It's like the Colts are wrote down random injuries, threw them in a hat and now draw one every few days.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:48 PM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Good lord, first it was a calf issue with Andrew Luck, then it was a bone issue, now it's an ankle issue.

It's like the Colts are wrote down random injuries, threw them in a hat and now draw one every few days.

Andrew Luck contracts plague. Leeches have been applied. Questionable for season opener.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #71
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If we miss another season of Luck because of a "minor" injury that the team misdiagnosed/let linger/treated horribly . . .
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #72
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

The Achilles attaches to the calf and can be the source of high ankle issues...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:41 PM   #73
Butter
Coordinator

Kyler Murray didn't look all that great.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:48 PM   #74
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Kyler Murray didn't look all that great.

Neither did the rest of the team
Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #75
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Neither did the rest of the team

Hundley seemed to be moving them.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:54 AM   #76
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
The Achilles attaches to the calf and can be the source of high ankle issues...

Yeah, i ruptured my achilles right at that juncture, and it was my first thought when I read the latest update
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #77
bhlloy
Coordinator

So the preseason doesn't matter in any form, but holy crap Jimmy G looks terrible. Chances Mullens is the QB and Shanahan is not the coach at the end of the season?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #78
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So the preseason doesn't matter in any form, but holy crap Jimmy G looks terrible. Chances Mullens is the QB and Shanahan is not the coach at the end of the season?

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:52 PM   #79
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And I think we have to keep those things in a little perspective and not get too crazy over a missed kick here or there." -- the guy who seems to be the most OCD about a missed kick
Old 08-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #80
molson
General Manager

What information does "bringing kickers in" give you that actually watching kickers kick in games does not?

It seems like teams haven't figured out how to do this yet. They watch a million practice kicks, preseason game kicks, the college career, but then a player gets cut if he misses a few big kicks when the games start. What was the point of all the training camp reps and what was learned from that?

I'm not sure there's much practical difference between most of these kickers. They're going to miss sometimes. Statistically, they're going to miss a few in a row sometimes. If they haven't yet, they're gonna. Then they'll make a ton in a row, with you or someone else if they get the chance. Dan Carlson got cut for missing 3 kicks, then he went 16/17 with Oakland. I don't think he learned how to kick during the season. He just went 17/21 over the season and had a few of those misses early. If he had those misses in weeks 4, 8, 12, and 15, we'd be saying he had a solid season.

Last edited by molson : 08-21-2019 at 05:49 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:42 PM   #81
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

Way too much money invested in him to move on. And maybe Mullens turns out to be better, but enough to give up on that money? Probably not.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #82
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They can cut him for a 4M charge at the end of the year
Old 08-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #83
JPhillips
General Manager

Patrick Chung busted for cocaine possession.

Any other team would be getting killed for a culture of criminality, but winning excuses everything in the NFL.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #84
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just found out I'm going to Jets-Browns MNF week 2. Should be fun to see the Browns in person. Plus it is in a luxury sweet which is always a great way to see a game.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:08 PM   #85
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Newton injured?
Old 08-22-2019, 09:43 PM   #86
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just found out I'm going to Jets-Browns MNF week 2. Should be fun to see the Browns in person. Plus it is in a luxury sweet which is always a great way to see a game.

I really enjoyed my one game at Met Life. Admittedly I was sitting with the plebes. But I.still had a good time. Enjoy!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:45 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So... the Pack held out 33 players from the game tonight because of field conditions.

If I'm NOT one of those 33, I'm kinda like... WTF?!?

Old 08-22-2019, 10:48 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
So... the Pack held out 33 players from the game tonight because of field conditions.

LOL ... but you raise a fair point
Old 08-23-2019, 12:09 AM   #89
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ankle sprain for Cam newton. Wonder if that puts him in jeopardy for week 1.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #90
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Shurg, you got 40 players for 20 (13) spots. Get your reps in. (Plus I'm not sure if there was any problem with the field outside of that spot where the CFL goalposts normally are, so it wasn't like they had an elevated injury risk elsewhere.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Patrick Chung busted for cocaine possession.

Any other team would be getting killed for a culture of criminality, but winning excuses everything in the NFL.
]Not a great look, but unless you count Duron Harmon getting detained for trying to bring marijuana into Costa Rica that's the first time a real Patriot has been charged since Brandon Spikes' hit & run in 2015 (little known fact - he was hammered & leaving a party at the Kraft house, so yeah the RKK & Hernandez stigmas are understandable, but I don't see a pattern here.)

Doesn't sound like Chung would be suspended until potentially next year, but I'm not even sure we'd miss him at this point. This Patriots team is easily the deepest since maybe 07? 03-04? With Josh Gordon, Damien Harris & Jakobi Meyers emergence the offensive skill players are deeper than I can remember, the DB's are even better, the LB's are still a couple injuries away from being stretched thin but I count 5.5 good ones vs like 2.5 we had in the past couple seasons (hilarious that we have a chastened Jamie Collins back after the furor when he was shipped to Cleveland). Not sure Isaiah Wynn can match Trent Brown's pass pro level at LT by later in the year, but he was option A last August for a reason & while he's being brought along slowly there haven't been bad signs. Trey Flowers deserved everything he got paid as an all-around guy (and I don't love him off the field), but Michael Bennett has looked fantastic, Winovich looks good for a rookie & Deatrich Wise might make the leap and be the next Patriot DE who gets paid by another team after 2 good years here. A Brady injury would still kill us, but Coach Hoyer is great & Stidham looks as good as Jimmy G did as a backup. Even at Punter we've somehow upgraded from a guy who was legitimately in the Super Bowl MVP discussion (though he needs to work on his holding - Laces Out Jake!) The one thing we're really missing is an above average starting TE, but you know...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #91
Butter
Coordinator

Holy shit, Andrew Luck to retire according to ESPN
Old 08-24-2019, 08:36 PM   #92
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Just saw that on the ticker.

NFL will be extinct in another 20-25 years.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:39 PM   #93
Thomkal
Head Coach

Report: Andrew Luck retiring from NFL – ProFootballTalk
Old 08-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #94
Kodos
Resident Alien

Surprising. But might well be a good choice.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:51 PM   #95
cuervo72
Head Coach

Wow.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:43 PM   #96
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Luck will be missed, class act for sure.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:23 PM   #97
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The Checkdown on Twitter: "The nicest guy the game has ever seen. 💯… "
Old 08-24-2019, 11:06 PM   #98
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The NFL is officially bugged.

And as a Colts fan:

So we go into the season with Jacoby Brisset and Chad Kelly as our QBs? Any good prospects in next year's draft?
Old 08-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #99
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

At least you're handling it better than your Colts fandommates, (you know the ones burning his jersey and booing him as he left the field tonight)
Old 08-24-2019, 11:14 PM   #100
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

he will be back...

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote