Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Burnout Revenge

Just picked this up for my Xbox, and it is AWESOME! I loved Burnout 3, and this picks up where 3 left off. I just got through playing it for the first time, and thought I'd only been playing for 15 minutes or so. It turned out to be an hour and a half!

First off, you have to get used to the idea that hitting traffic going your direction is now a good thing. Think pinball on meth. Second, the levelling process makes more sense. Instead of doing the same level over and over to accumulate lots o' cash, you now have to perform better than the best time on an already visited level to get any credit. The new game forms introduced are pretty sweet as well. One is a variant of the Crash, where you try to careen into as many cars as possible. Instead of the first crash taking you out, you continue to drive around until a timer reaches zero.

The cities that I've seen so far are much more recognizable than in 3. They still aren't called by the actual city name, but the landmarks and layouts are recognizable. For example, our friend Emilano will instantly be at home in the "Eternal City" map.

All in all, after this first playthrough, I can see that this game is going to be another classic. I don't see anything about it so far that will make me think I will play it any less than Burnout 3.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I need to pick up a copy of Burnout 3. Maybe next time I am at walmart I will...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Crap, got a dreaded dirty/damaged disc error. It happens whenever it tries to load a particular section, so I think it is a bad disc. All of my other games are working fine. Back to Fry's tomorrow for a replacement.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote