Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Swaggs
Coordinator

eLicense Question

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I cannot figure it out.

I have Windows XP and want to uninstall my license on FBCB. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how. I cannot seem to open up the "eLicense Control" from the Control Panel and I don't see any options to unlicense it from within the game itself or any of its folders.

Any ideas before I contact support?

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Right click on your shortcut, go to 'properties,' and at the end of the command line, type in -unlicense.

So it should look like:

Quote:
"C:\Program Files\Swaggs\FBCB\FBCB.exe" -unlicense

Just to randomly pull a command line out of my ass. Click 'OK,' then double click the shortcut. It will run the unlicenser.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Swaggs
Coordinator

Not exactly intuitive, but effective.

Thanks, Josh!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
SackAttack
Head Coach

No problem, Swaggs. I've had the same problem in the past when beta testing and needing to unlicense for one reason or another. It's not intuitive at all. SUPPOSEDLY the eLicense control is supposed to WORK in Windows XP, but it never actually seems to do so without having to use the -unlicense command.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Right click on your shortcut, go to 'properties,' and at the end of the command line, type in -unlicense.

So it should look like:

Just to randomly pull a command line out of my ass. Click 'OK,' then double click the shortcut. It will run the unlicenser.

Thank you. I needed to reinstall OOTP and I couldn't find the elicense control anywhere.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
Capital
High School Varsity

I just purchased a new computer and unlicensed numerous text based sports games using this method. I appreciate those who posted this.

However, there's still one left. FOF2007. I can't seem to get this method to work with this game. Everytime I add the -unlicense, the game simply loads. Does anyone have any other advice or something else that may have worked?
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bump...

Only semi-related, but...

Has anyone ever had to wait more than 48-hours to have their license released from the elicense folks? I lost my hard drive to a virus, contacted them on Sunday and got a reply with the ticket number on Sunday afternoon, but haven't heard back yet. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time (between FBCB, Grey Dog, Wolverine, and Solecsimic titles) over the years that I have requested a license recovery and every other time they have acted within 24-hours. I emailed them yesterday to check the status and haven't heard back.

I don't know if the snow has kept people from work or what, but you would think they could still access their computers. I love the speed and convenience of digitial download, but I hate that my ownership of the title is dependent on someone else (rather than on a CD that I have in my possession).
Old 02-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #8
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Bump...

Only semi-related, but...

Has anyone ever had to wait more than 48-hours to have their license released from the elicense folks? I lost my hard drive to a virus, contacted them on Sunday and got a reply with the ticket number on Sunday afternoon, but haven't heard back yet. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time (between FBCB, Grey Dog, Wolverine, and Solecsimic titles) over the years that I have requested a license recovery and every other time they have acted within 24-hours. I emailed them yesterday to check the status and haven't heard back.

I don't know if the snow has kept people from work or what, but you would think they could still access their computers. I love the speed and convenience of digitial download, but I hate that my ownership of the title is dependent on someone else (rather than on a CD that I have in my possession).

I have only had it slow around holidays probably due to their staff issues. Perhaps that is slowing them down now as well. When it takes too long for them to reply via email (rare occurance for me in my experience), I've simply called their support phone number and someone was able to help me instantly. Give that a try.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
DanGarion
Coordinator

Swaggs are you joining the RWBL?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Tasan
College Starter

I just had to get keys reissued for a few games when my laptop died. It took almost three days, and this was at the beginning of February. They seem a little slower these days. I'd be willing to bet they are a bit understaffed.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

The emailed me back and fixed things up today. I guess it was a little under three days, which isn't too bad. I had just expected quicker since before they had usually addressed things within 24-hours.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Swaggs are you joining the RWBL?

Doubtful -- I haven't bought a copy since the first SI version and, with the baby, it probably isn't a good time to get back into it. How is the league doing?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bumping this- Is there a way to see my order ID using the installed version of the game on my old laptop?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

There is usually a license.txt file or something similar that has that info in the directory of the installed game if I remember correctly.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 02-28-2013 at 05:19 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

The file should be called receipt.txt - that will have the info you need.