Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League! (Season Over: Congrats, PF)

News Goes Here!

• Remember to set your lineups! The season starts tomorrow morning!
  • Today, we're going to 2 hour autopicks instead of 3. Starting tomorrow morning, it's a 1 hour time limit for picks during the 9a-10p draft day. Get your lists ready today for the final push as we're going to need to speed this up.
  • Twelve owners all in place
  • Rules changes: Only went with 1 new roster addition (P) and a 48 IP min and moved the trade deadline back a bit so it's more in line with the baseball season
  • Draft order released today, soft draft start on Monday, hard start on Tuesday
  • Nine owners returning and invites sent to the top three on the waitlist.
  • Rules changes: 3 new roster additions (OF, SP, P) and a 50 IP min and moved the trade deadline back a bit so it's more in line with the baseball season
  • Plans: Draft order released today, soft draft start on Monday, hard start on Tuesday
02.28.12PM
  • You know the drill now, returning members. I need your team name and a number 1-12 to add to the draft list. Yahoo has gotten a big squirrely about joining leagues so I may fumble around with invites for a day or two. Let me know if you have trouble joining the league. Gotta post in this thread, too, tho. If you haven't posted but you join the league, you're going to get kicked out on Friday.
  • Waiting list- there is at least one spot open! Just post that you want to be on the waiting list and you will be there. First come, first serve but invites won't go out for the league until Friday
  • Think about possible rule changes for this year
  • I really liked the 2 hour clock for the Alternate Rules Football League Draft this year- it made things fly. I'm thinking of doing the same here unless there are strenuous objections. Any thoughts?

02.28.12AM
  • Please wait to sign up until indicated. Still working on posts below. If you aren't familiar with either of my leagues (this one or Alternate Rules Football), there's one huge thing: Keep in mind the schedule: You have to check it a couple of times a day every day for about 3 weeks or be willing to put in a list. If you can't keep up with that, don't join

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League House Rules

Who Can Join
Preference goes towards members who were in the league last year. Now through midnight of Thurday Mar 1st (let's say 12:01am on Friday), they are the only ones who can join. Anyone else is put on the waiting list.

Signing Up
IF YOU ARE RETURNING, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PUT A NUMBER NEXT TO YOUR NAME. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE ON THE WAITING LIST. I have saved a text file to my desktop with 12 numbers that will determine the draft order. I will take whatever the last number is.

Draft Format

The draft will take place in this thread once the league has been set up. It is a snake draft. With a couple of name free agents out there, we're probably going to wait another week or two. If nothing changes, we'll start drafting the morning of Tuesday March 6th (probably a soft start before that).

There are 3 hour time limits between the hours of 9am ET and 10pm ET on weekdays. Hopefully we don't have to enforce this but we almost always have to a couple of times during the draft.

If you had more than an hour the previous night (the previous pick was made at 9pm), you get 1 hour in the morning (until 10am) to make your pick. If you had less than an hour, you have 2 hours in the morning (until 11am). We have to keep this moving and we need everyone checking every night and every morning if it's near their turn.

On weekends, we'll just go with a standard 3 hours with no morning/evening provision but let's try to keep things moving.

If there are problems in that you know your pick is coming up but you won't be online, submit a list either to myself or to a proxy drafter for you. Otherwise, you will get the next player on Yahoo's list. Maybe pick someone who is on the opposite end of the draft from you so that you likely won't be grabbing from the same pool of players anyways.

Opening Day is Wednesday March 28th- Japan Opener. If the draft is not complete by Monday March 26th at noon, we will have a quick live draft via AIM to complete the draft on Monday March 26th at 7pm CT. Anyone who won't be able to make that will need to submit a list to me, a proxy, or have a proxy in chat (who is not in the league) to finish out their team.

If you miss more than 2 picks in the draft (i.e. time limit expired so a Yahoo rankings pick), particularly in the first 10 rounds, then you can be replaced as manager.

I hate to lay down some of these rules but we're going to be drafting over 250 players so we need to get it done in a timely fashion.

IF YOU CANNOT KEEP UP WITH THIS SCHEDULE, DO NOT JOIN.

Rule Changes
  • For the Alternative Rules Football Draft this year, we did 2 hours instead of 6 and it worked really well. I'm pondering doing that here. EDIT: We're going with 3 hours instead of 6 and it has been changed above.
  • I'm also open to other possible rule changes. The structure of the league will be intact (draft, MLB, etc) but we tweak it from year to year to make things better
  • Added 1 OF, 1 SP, and 1 P to rosters this year and bumped the IP min up to 50 to compensate

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-15-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball League Yahoo Rules

Setting Value
League ID#: 95644
League Name: FOFC Hardcore
Password: dola
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo..../fofc_hardcore
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 5, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Min Innings Pitched: 50
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 23, 24 and 25 (6 teams) Note: Week 25 runs 10 days from Sep 24 to Oct 3
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: No
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Innings Pitched (IP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-28-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft Order

Remember - if you're from last year, put your team name and number. I have a list of numbers on my desktop which is the draft order (no, if you pick 1, you don't pick 1st- you pick in whatever order #1 is on that list).

If you're on the waiting list, don't post a number yet.

Draft Order
01. Rockville City Crush (Ramzavail)
02. Royal Apes (TRO)
03. Hartford Heroes (samifan24)
04. Indianapolis Iguanii (sterlingice)
05. Shamrocks (Comey)
06. Klein Bottles (ntndeacon)
07. Hunters (Travis)
08. CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan)
09. Troy Trojans (MizzouRah)
10. Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic)
11. ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding)
12. Roadkill Cafe (Danny)

Numbers
01 Klein Bottles (ntndeacon) - IN!
02 Roadkill Cafe (Danny) - IN!
03 Rockville City Crush (Ramzavail) - IN!
04 Royal Apes (TRO) - IN!
05 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) - IN!
06 ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding) - IN!
07 CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan) - IN!
08 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) - IN!
09 Hunters (Travis) - IN!
10 Shamrocks (Comey) - IN!
11 Hartford Heroes (samifan24) - IN!
12 Indianapolis Iguanii (sterlingice) - IN!

Need to Sign In
(Not signing in to the thread by Thursday midnight will result in losing your spot)

Waiting List
01. {Team_Name} (Bearcat729)
02. MizzouRah's brother

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-07-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Introduction

So, last year, my intro started with "My life always seems to be in transition at the time of these darn drafts" and it's no different again this year. Last year my wife was moving and this year I'm hoping to do the same so I'm going to need some help with this.

For those unfamiliar, the FOFC Baseball League is going to be in its 7th(!) season (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006) and is the companion league to the Alternate Rules Football League (2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005). Returning owners get precedence over new owners, who must start on the waitlist. However, there are usually a couple of teams that don't return and inactive teams are barred from continuing. Last year, only PurdueBrad's team went inactive so everyone else has a spot.

Basically, there's a slow live draft that goes on for about 3 weeks. You have to check a couple of times a day to keep things moving or risk losing your spot (and getting kicked out of the league). That's the biggest thing: if you cannot commit to the time commitment for the draft: don't bother joining. This leads to a very active league as everyone feels like after investing the time into their team, they want to keep up with their team. Once the draft is done, there's not much maintenance for the league but the draft is a giant, upfront time sink.

-The Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat Jockitch (Ramzavail) who has strung together two upsets in the playoffs to reach the finals from the #6 spot
-Big Mac's Special Sauce (lighthousekeeper) gets a bittersweet 3rd as he would have beaten both teams in the finals and wasn't there because of Jockitch's 8-7 upset the week before
-Fremont (kingfc22) takes the consolation bracket while Troy (MizzouRah) takes 9th in an 8-8 match decided by tiebreakers

-Went with a quick, live draft so the thread was pretty short
-Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) repeated for the title, dominating all year long, and, again beating the 6th seed in the finals. This time it was the Hunters (Travis) who took 2nd with a deep playoff run.
-The #3 seed Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) defeated #2 Spleen Machines (spleen1015) for 3rd.
-Big Balls (BillyNYC) and The Cover Team (Toddiec) tied in the consolation bracket finals

-There were two huge stories to this season. Hunters (Travis) led wire to wire and cruised to an easy win of the league in the playoffs.
-However, the season was not without drama as the Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) had an epic 2nd half run, being in 11th at the All Star break, but closing extremely strong including an 11-1 final week to squeak into the playoffs as the 6th seed. As in the first two years of the league, the #6 made the finals, but Hunters was just too strong.
-The #2 seed Lawrence Lumber (sterlingice) beat #4 Go Get 'Em Tigers (allpro10050) for 3rd place, and I quote from the original thread: "on some sort of tiebreaker I can't figure out. "
-Yellow Jacket Envy (Kevin D) won the Consolation bracket that was more of a war of attrition as 4 teams went inactive in the 2008 season

-Hunters (Travis) repeated as champions, this time defeating Queen Bees (Ramzavail) for the title. They were the #3 and #4 seed respectively so the #6 did not make a crazy run
-#1 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24) defeated #2 seed Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) after both lost to lower seed in the previous week.
-Two league veterans faced off for the consolation title as #11 Richmond Rhinocerii (sterlingice) beat the #8 Troy Trojans (MizzouRah) for that title

-#3 Road Kill Cafe (Danny) took the title in an upset riddle playoffs. Ramzavail took 2nd for the 3rd time in league history with his #5 Queen Bees.
-For the second year in a row, the top seeds lost the week after their byes. #1 Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) beat #2 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) for third place.
-#7 seed Hartford Heroes (samifan24), who only missed out of the playoffs by 4 games across the entire season, won the consolation bracket

-At the All Star Game, CleBrownsFan (CleBrownsFan) led the Squid Division while the Indianapolis Iguanii (sterlingice) led the Trout Division
-However, soon after, the biggest trade in league history sent Tim Lincecum, David Price, and Eric Aybar from Killing Me Smalls (PackerFanatic) to ALL IN (LastWhiteSoxFanStanding) for Adrian Gonzalez, Michael Young, and crippled Brandon Webb
-These two teams would go on to win their divisions: ALL IN for the Squids and Killing Me Smalls for the Trout, and meet in the finals, with ALL IN taking home the title
-#5 Hartford Heroes (samifan24) won third place while #8 Insomniacs (cubboyroy1826) won the consolation bracket

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-28-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

2012 FOFC Hardcore Baseball Draft

Round 1
1. Matt Kemp (LAD - CF) Rockville Ct...
2. Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B) Royal Apes
3. Albert Pujols (LAA - 1B) Hartford Heroes
4. Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS) Indianapolis...
5. José Bautista (Tor - 3B,RF) Shamrocks
6. Ryan Braun (Mil - LF) Klein Bottles
7. Joey Votto (Cin - 1B) Hunters
8. Robinson Canó (NYY - 2B) CleBrownsFan
9. Prince Fielder (Det - 1B) Troy Trojans
10. Justin Verlander (Det - SP) Killing Me S...
11. Roy Halladay (Phi - SP) ALL IN
12. Jacoby Ellsbury (Bos - CF) Roadkill Cafe
Round 2
1. Adrián González (Bos - 1B) Roadkill Cafe
2. Clayton Kershaw (LAD - SP) ALL IN
3. Justin Upton (Ari - RF) Killing Me S...
4. Curtis Granderson (NYY - CF) Troy Trojans
5. Cliff Lee (Phi - SP) CleBrownsFan
6. Carlos González (Col - LF,CF,RF) Hunters
7. Evan Longoria (TB - 3B) Klein Bottles
8. Dustin Pedroia (Bos - 2B) Shamrocks
9. Ian Kinsler (Tex - 2B) Indianapolis...
10. Hanley Ramírez (Mia - SS) Hartford Heroes
11. José Reyes (Mia - SS) Royal Apes
12. Félix Hernández (Sea - SP) Rockville Ct...
Round 3
1. CC Sabathia (NYY - SP) Rockville Ct...
2. Tim Lincecum (SF - SP) Royal Apes
3. Andrew McCutchen (Pit - CF) Hartford Heroes
4. Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B) Indianapolis...
5. Giancarlo Stanton (Mia - RF) Shamrocks
6. Cole Hamels (Phi - SP) Klein Bottles
7. Jered Weaver (LAA - SP) Hunters
8. Stephen Strasburg (Was - SP) CleBrownsFan
9. Hunter Pence (Phi - RF) Troy Trojans
10. Adrián Béltre (Tex - 3B) Killing Me S...
11. Jon Lester (Bos - SP) ALL IN
12. Matt Holliday (StL - LF) Roadkill Cafe
Round 4
1. Josh Hamilton (Tex - LF,CF) Roadkill Cafe
2. David Price (TB - SP) ALL IN
3. Starlin Castro (ChC - SS) Killing Me S...
4. C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP) Troy Trojans
5. Carlos Santana (Cle - C,1B) CleBrownsFan
6. Mike Napoli (Tex - C,1B) Hunters
7. Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS) Klein Bottles
8. Dan Haren (LAA - SP) Shamrocks
9. Zack Greinke (Mil - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B) Hartford Heroes
11. Eric Hosmer (KC - 1B) Royal Apes
12. Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,RF) Rockville Ct...
Round 5
1. David Wright (NYM - 3B) Rockville Ct...
2. Ian Kennedy (Ari - SP) Royal Apes
3. Yovani Gallardo (Mil - SP) Hartford Heroes
4. Ryan Zimmerman (Was - 3B) Indianapolis...
5. Michael Bourn (Atl - CF) Shamrocks
6. Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B) Klein Bottles
7. Brett Lawrie (Tor - 3B) Hunters
8. Matt Cain (SF - SP) CleBrownsFan
9. Adam Wainwright (StL - SP) Troy Trojans
10. Brian McCann (Atl - C) Killing Me S...
11. Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP) ALL IN
12. Jay Bruce (Cin - RF) Roadkill Cafe
Round 6
1. Paul Konerko (CWS - 1B) Roadkill Cafe
2. Jordan Zimmermann (Was - SP) ALL IN
3. James Shields (TB - SP) Killing Me S...
4. Lance Berkman (StL - 1B,LF,RF) Troy Trojans
5. Josh Johnson (Mia - SP) CleBrownsFan
6. Joe Mauer (Min - C,1B) Hunters
7. Craig Kimbrel (Atl - RP) Klein Bottles
8. Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS) Shamrocks
9. Nelson Cruz (Tex - LF,RF) Indianapolis...
10. Shane Victorino (Phi - CF) Hartford Heroes
11. Yu Darvish (Tex - SP) Royal Apes
12. Josh Beckett (Bos - SP) Rockville Ct...
Round 7
1. Buster Posey (SF - C) Rockville Ct...
2. Desmond Jennings (TB - LF,CF) Royal Apes
3. Mat Latos (Cin - SP) Hartford Heroes
4. Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - RF) Indianapolis...
5. Matt Wieters (Bal - C) Shamrocks
6. B.J. Upton (TB - CF) Klein Bottles
7. Dan Uggla (Atl - 2B) Hunters
8. Asdrubal Cabrera (Cle - SS) CleBrownsFan
9. Aramis Ramírez (Mil - 3B) Troy Trojans
10. Carl Crawford (Bos - LF) Killing Me S...
11. Álex Rodríguez (NYY - 3B) ALL IN
12. Michael Young (Tex - 1B,2B,3B) Roadkill Cafe
Round 8
1. Alex Gordon (KC - LF) Roadkill Cafe
2. Michael Morse (Was - 1B,LF) ALL IN
3. Rickie Weeks (Mil - 2B) Killing Me S...
4. Howie Kendrick (LAA - 1B,2B,LF) Troy Trojans
5. Jason Heyward (Atl - RF) CleBrownsFan
6. Adam Jones (Bal - CF) Hunters
7. Miguel Montero (Ari - C) Klein Bottles
8. Jonathan Papelbon (Phi - RP) Shamrocks
9. Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B) Indianapolis...
10. Chase Utley (Phi - 2B) Hartford Heroes
11. Michael Cuddyer (Col - 1B,2B,RF) Royal Apes
12. Carlos Beltrán (StL - RF) Rockville Ct...
Round 9
1. David Ortiz (Bos - Util) Rockville Ct...
2. Billy Butler (KC - 1B) Royal Apes
3. Ichiro Suzuki (Sea - RF) Hartford Heroes
4. Daniel Hudson (Ari - SP) Indianapolis...
5. Matt Moore (TB - RP) Shamrocks
6. Matt Garza (ChC - SP) Klein Bottles
7. Ricky Romero (Tor - SP) Hunters
8. Melky Cabrera (SF - LF,CF) CleBrownsFan
9. Jhonny Peralta (Det - SS) Troy Trojans
10. Jayson Werth (Was - CF,RF) Killing Me S...
11. Paul Goldschmidt (Ari - 1B) ALL IN
12. Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 10
1. Tommy Hanson (Atl - SP) Roadkill Cafe
2. Ike Davis (NYM - 1B) ALL IN
3. Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B) Killing Me S...
4. Doug Fister (Det - SP) Troy Trojans
5. Emilio Bonifacio (Mia - 3B,SS,LF,CF,RF) CleBrownsFan
6. Dee Gordon (LAD - SS) Hunters
7. Ryan Howard (Phi - 1B) Klein Bottles
8. Alex Avila (Det - C) Shamrocks
9. Ubaldo Jiménez (Cle - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Brandon Beachy (Atl - SP) Hartford Heroes
11. Mariano Rivera (NYY - RP) Royal Apes
12. Drew Storen (Was - RP) Rockville Ct...
Round 11
1. John Axford (Mil - RP) Rockville Ct...
2. Heath Bell (Mia - RP) Royal Apes
3. Corey Hart (Mil - RF) Hartford Heroes
4. Chris Young (Ari - CF) Indianapolis...
5. Brett Gardner (NYY - LF,CF) Shamrocks
6. Nick Swisher (NYY - 1B,RF) Klein Bottles
7. Jesus Montero (Sea - Util) Hunters
8. Ryan Madson (Cin - RP) CleBrownsFan
9. Yadier Molina (StL - C) Troy Trojans
10. Cameron Maybin (SD - CF) Killing Me S...
11. Cory Luebke (SD - SP,RP) ALL IN
12. Gio González (Was - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 12
1. Chris Carpenter (StL - SP) Roadkill Cafe
2. Logan Morrison (Mia - LF) ALL IN
3. Shaun Marcum (Mil - SP) Killing Me S...
4. J.J. Putz (Ari - RP) Troy Trojans
5. José Valverde (Det - RP) CleBrownsFan
6. Brandon Morrow (Tor - SP) Hunters
7. Andrew Bailey (Bos - RP) Klein Bottles
8. Jeremy Hellickson (TB - SP) Shamrocks
9. Andre Ethier (LAD - RF) Indianapolis...
10. Max Scherzer (Det - SP) Hartford Heroes
11. Drew Stubbs (Cin - CF) Royal Apes
12. J.J. Hardy (Bal - SS) Rockville Ct...
Round 13
1. Mark Reynolds (Bal - 1B,3B) Rockville Ct...
2. Brian Wilson (SF - RP) Royal Apes
3. Erick Aybar (LAA - SS) Hartford Heroes
4. Joakim Soria (KC - RP) Indianapolis...
5. Adam Lind (Tor - 1B) Shamrocks
6. Peter Bourjos (LAA - CF) Klein Bottles
7. Anibal Sánchez (Mia - SP) Hunters
8. Brennan Boesch (Det - LF,RF) CleBrownsFan
9. Ervin Santana (LAA - SP) Troy Trojans
10. Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP) Killing Me S...
11. Jeff Francoeur (KC - RF) ALL IN
12. Alexei Ramírez (CWS - SS) Roadkill Cafe
Round 14
1. Jaime García (StL - SP) Roadkill Cafe
2. Zack Cozart (Cin - SS) ALL IN
3. Joel Hanrahan (Pit - RP) Killing Me S...
4. David Freese (StL - 3B) Troy Trojans
5. Justin Masterson (Cle - SP) CleBrownsFan
6. Jordan Walden (LAA - RP) Hunters
7. Lucas Duda (NYM - 1B,RF) Klein Bottles
8. Sergio Santos (Tor - RP) Shamrocks
9. Colby Lewis (Tex - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Wandy Rodríguez (Hou - SP) Hartford Heroes
11. J.P. Arencibia (Tor - C) Royal Apes
12. Derek Jeter (NYY - SS) Rockville Ct...
Round 15
1. Clay Buchholz (Bos - SP) Rockville Ct...
2. Rafael Betancourt (Col - RP) Royal Apes
3. Kurt Suzuki (Oak - C) Hartford Heroes
4. Geovany Soto (ChC - C) Indianapolis...
5. Coco Crisp (Oak - CF) Shamrocks
6. Tim Hudson (Atl - SP) Klein Bottles
7. Jemile Weeks (Oak - 2B) Hunters
8. Nick Markakis (Bal - RF) CleBrownsFan
9. Jair Jurrjens (Atl - SP) Troy Trojans
10. Johan Santana (NYM - SP) Killing Me S...
11. Dustin Ackley (Sea - 2B) ALL IN
12. Hiroki Kuroda (NYY - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 16
1. Jason Kipnis (Cle - 2B) Roadkill Cafe
2. Adam Dunn (CWS - 1B) ALL IN
3. Neftali Feliz (Tex - RP) Killing Me S...
4. Neil Walker (Pit - 2B) Troy Trojans
5. Carlos Mármol (ChC - RP) CleBrownsFan
6. Kendrys Morales (LAA - 1B,RF) Hunters
7. Ted Lilly (LAD - SP) Klein Bottles
8. Brandon McCarthy (Oak - SP) Shamrocks
9. Derek Holland (Tex - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Martín Prado (Atl - 3B,LF) Hartford Heroes
11. Wilson Ramos (Was - C) Royal Apes
12. Russell Martin (NYY - C) Rockville Ct...
Round 17
1. Mark Trumbo (LAA - 1B,RF) Rockville Ct...
2. Scott Baker (Min - SP) Royal Apes
3. Dexter Fowler (Col - CF) Hartford Heroes
4. Ryan Doumit (Min - C) Indianapolis...
5. Carlos Peña (TB - 1B) Shamrocks
6. Joe Nathan (Tex - RP) Klein Bottles
7. Mike Moustakas (KC - 3B) Hunters
8. Carlos Lee (Hou - 1B,LF) CleBrownsFan
9. Matt Joyce (TB - LF,RF) Troy Trojans
10. Danny Espinosa (Was - 2B) Killing Me S...
11. Kenley Jansen (LAD - RP) ALL IN
12. Tim Stauffer (SD - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 18
1. Ryan Roberts (Ari - 2B,3B) Roadkill Cafe
2. Javy Guerra (LAD - RP) ALL IN
3. Brandon League (Sea - RP) Killing Me S...
4. A.J. Pierzynski (CWS - C) Troy Trojans
5. Justin Morneau (Min - 1B) CleBrownsFan
6. Jason Motte (StL - RP) Hunters
7. John Danks (CWS - SP) Klein Bottles
8. Yoenis Céspedes (Oak - CF) Shamrocks
9. Edwin Encarnación (Tor - 1B,3B) Indianapolis...
10. Chris Sale (CWS - RP) Hartford Heroes
11. Torii Hunter (LAA - RF) Royal Apes
12. Trevor Cahill (Ari - SP) Rockville Ct...
Round 19
1. Mike Minor (Atl - SP) Rockville Ct...
2. Jhoulys Chacin (Col - SP) Royal Apes
3. Gaby Sánchez (Mia - 1B) Hartford Heroes
4. Kelly Johnson (Tor - 2B) Indianapolis...
5. Kyle Farnsworth (TB - RP) Shamrocks
6. Chipper Jones (Atl - 3B) Klein Bottles
7. Francisco Liriano (Min - SP) Hunters
8. Travis Hafner (Cle - Util) CleBrownsFan
9. Rick Porcello (Det - SP) Troy Trojans
10. Vance Worley (Phi - SP) Killing Me S...
11. Huston Street (SD - RP) ALL IN
12. Bud Norris (Hou - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 20
1. Josh Willingham (Min - LF) Roadkill Cafe
2. Matt Thornton (CWS - RP) ALL IN
3. Mat Gamel (Mil - CI) Killing Me S...
4. Matt Capps (Min - RP) Troy Trojans
5. Chris Pérez (Cle - RP) CleBrownsFan
6. Yunel Escobar (Tor - SS) Hunters
7. Gavin Floyd (CWS - SP) Klein Bottles
8. Stephen Drew (Ari - SS) Shamrocks
9. Frank Francisco (NYM - RP) Indianapolis...
10. Nick Hundley (SD - C) Hartford Heroes
11. Ryan Raburn (Det - 2B,LF,RF) Royal Apes
12. Matt Harrison (Tex - SP) Rockville Ct...
Round 21
1. Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP) Rockville Ct...
2. Luke Hochevar (KC - SP) Royal Apes
3. Grant Balfour (Oak - RP) Hartford Heroes
4. Ryan Dempster (ChC - SP) Indianapolis...
5. Álex Ríos (CWS - CF) Shamrocks
6. Daniel Murphy (NYM - 1B,2B,3B) Klein Bottles
7. Austin Jackson (Det - CF) Hunters
8. Lonnie Chisenhall (Cle - 3B) CleBrownsFan
9. Alfonso Soriano (ChC - LF) Troy Trojans
10. Brandon Belt (SF - 1B,LF) Killing Me S...
11. Jonathan Lucroy (Mil - C) ALL IN
12. Jonny Venters (Atl - RP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 22
1. Tyler Clippard (Was - RP) Roadkill Cafe
2. Allen Craig (StL - 2B,LF,CF,RF) ALL IN
3. Carlos Ruiz (Phi - C) Killing Me S...
4. Edwin Jackson (Was - SP) Troy Trojans
5. Jarrod Saltalamacchia (Bos - C) CleBrownsFan
6. Ryan Vogelsong (SF - SP) Hunters
7. Jeff Niemann (TB - SP) Klein Bottles
8. Chad Billingsley (LAD - SP) Shamrocks
9. Ricky Nolasco (Mia - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Aaron Hill (Ari - 2B) Hartford Heroes
11. Kyle Lohse (StL - SP) Royal Apes
12. Bryan LaHair (ChC - LF,RF) Rockville Ct...
Round 23
1. Mike Aviles (Bos - 2B,3B,SS) Rockville Ct...
2. Carlos Zambrano (Mia - SP) Royal Apes
3. Jose Tabata (Pit - LF,RF) Hartford Heroes
4. Brett Myers (Hou - SP) Indianapolis...
5. Mike Carp (Sea - 1B,LF) Shamrocks
6. Delmon Young (Det - LF) Klein Bottles
7. Erik Bedard (Pit - SP) Hunters
8. Jason Bay (NYM - LF) CleBrownsFan
9. Jim Johnson (Bal - RP) Troy Trojans
10. R.A. Dickey (NYM - SP) Killing Me S...
11. John Mayberry (Phi - 1B,LF,CF,RF) ALL IN
12. Mark Buehrle (Mia - SP) Roadkill Cafe
Round 24
1. Mike Leake (Cin - SP) Roadkill Cafe
2. Vernon Wells (LAA - LF,CF,RF) ALL IN
3. Alfredo Aceves (Bos - SP,RP) Killing Me S...
4. Alejandro De Aza (CWS - CF,RF) Troy Trojans
5. José Altuve (Hou - 2B) CleBrownsFan
6. Alexi Ogando (Tex - SP) Hunters
7. Daniel Bard (Bos - RP) Klein Bottles
8. Sean Rodriguez (TB - 2B,3B,SS) Shamrocks
9. Jonathan Broxton (KC - RP) Indianapolis...
10. Ian Desmond (Was - SS) Hartford Heroes
11. Lorenzo Cain (KC - OF) Royal Apes
12. Pedro Alvarez (Pit - 3B) Rockville Ct...
Round 25
1. Juan Nicasio (Col - SP) Rockville Ct...
2. Chase Headley (SD - 3B) Royal Apes
3. Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP) Hartford Heroes
4. Marco Scutaro (Col - SS) Indianapolis...
5. Edinson Vólquez (SD - SP) Shamrocks
6. Ramón Hernández (Col - C) Klein Bottles
7. Jonathan Sánchez (KC - SP) Hunters
8. Drew Pomeranz (Col - SP) CleBrownsFan
9. Fernando Salas (StL - RP) Troy Trojans
10. Bryce Harper (Was - RF) Killing Me S...
11. Aroldis Chapman (Cin - RP) ALL IN
12. Grady Sizemore (Cle - CF) Roadkill Cafe
Round 26
1. Colby Rasmus (Tor - CF) Roadkill Cafe
2. Greg Holland (KC - RP) ALL IN
3. Mike Trout (LAA - LF,CF,RF) Killing Me S...
4. Iván Nova (NYY - SP) Troy Trojans
5. Alex Presley (Pit - LF) CleBrownsFan
6. Chris Iannetta (LAA - C) Hunters
7. Josh Collmenter (Ari - SP,RP) Klein Bottles
8. Alcides Escobar (KC - SS) Shamrocks
9. Chris Capuano (LAD - SP) Indianapolis...
10. Sean Marshall (Cin - RP) Hartford Heroes
11. Felipe Paulino (KC - SP,RP) Royal Apes
12. Henderson Álvarez (Tor - SP) Rockville Ct...
Round 27
1. Addison Reed (CWS - RP) Rockville Ct...
2. Jeff Samardzija (ChC - RP) Royal Apes
3. Sergio Romo (SF - RP) Hartford Heroes
4. Jake Peavy (CWS - SP) Indianapolis...
5. Yonder Alonso (SD - LF) Shamrocks
6. Carlos Quentin (SD - RF) Klein Bottles
7. Denard Span (Min - CF) Hunters
8. Aaron Harang (LAD - SP) CleBrownsFan
9. Rafael Furcal (StL - SS) Troy Trojans
10. Mitch Moreland (Tex - 1B,RF) Killing Me S...
11. Salvador Pérez (KC - C) ALL IN
12. Andrés Torres (NYM - CF) Roadkill Cafe
Round 28
1. Devin Mesoraco (Cin - C) Roadkill Cafe
2. Brent Morel (CWS - 3B) ALL IN
3. Jon Jay (StL - LF,CF,RF) Killing Me S...
4. Jason Kubel (Ari - LF,RF) Troy Trojans
5. Michael Brantley (Cle - LF,CF) CleBrownsFan
6. Eric Thames (Tor - LF,RF) Hunters
7. Chris Heisey (Cin - LF,CF,RF) Klein Bottles
8. Ty Wigginton (Phi - 1B,3B,LF,RF) Shamrocks
9. Ángel Pagán (SF - CF) Indianapolis...
10. James McDonald (Pit - SP) Hartford Heroes
11. Jed Lowrie (Hou - 3B,SS) Royal Apes
12. Wei-Yin Chen (Bal - SP) Rockville Ct..

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-25-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #7
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, here we go:
  • You know the drill now, returning members. I need your team name and a number 1-12 to add to the draft list. Yahoo has gotten a big squirrely about joining leagues so I may fumble around with invites for a day or two. Let me know if you have trouble joining the league. Gotta post in this thread, too, tho. If you haven't posted but you join the league, you're going to get kicked out on Friday.
  • Waiting list- there is at least one spot open! Just post that you want to be on the waiting list and you will be there. First come, first serve but invites won't go out for the league until Friday
  • Think about possible rule changes for this year
  • I really liked the 2 hour clock for the Alternate Rules Football League Draft this year- it made things fly. I'm thinking of doing the same here unless there are strenuous objections. Any thoughts?
SI

Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Stat Categories/Dates:
* Stat categories still look fine. Sure, there are some archaic measures (RBI, W/L) but it also introduces some additional levels of strategy and I like the negative counting stat in Losses but positive counting stats in W (or SV), K, and IP so you need both quantity and quality
* Week 25 now extends out to 10 days. Sure, it's the last 10 days and that leads to some statistical noise due to playoff moves but I like that it's 10 days. Keep 23/24/25 for the playoffs or move back to 22/23/24?
*I moved the trade deadline back into early August to more closely correspond with the MLB trade deadline. It was more an arbitrary decision than anything.

Roster:
* Most of you know my feelings on the IP limit. I actually think 42 is too low but it will have to do, except...
*I added an additional OF. That gets us to 5 OF and 6 IF (not including C). That brings us up to 14 hitters (including UTIL) and only 9 P...
*So I'm going to two more P: one SP and one P. That additional P spot can be used for another RP or P, depending on your team and needs. And I'm going to bump the IP limit up to 50. It's only an 8 IP jump but it means you actually have to go find another couple of pitchers. Adding the additional P spot allows you to go make some finesse moves for an excellent setup man if those are the stats you're looking to augment.
*That actually brings our roster up to 25 with 5 bench. Thoughts on the pitching/hitting balance? I feel our draft and teams have become too hitting reliant and we need something to bring them back inline.
*The bench will be a very snug 5. I think we'll be dialing back one of the changes next year but I don't have a feel for which yet. Maybe drop one of the Ps or the MI and CI become 1 IF or something. Maybe it all fits and we just have to bump the bench up to 6. Or maybe it all works out. Hard to say right now until we play it out.

SI

Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #9
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Back to defend the title:

ALL IN- #6
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Waiting List
Klein Bottles (ntndeacon) Yahoo ID is randylh
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

List updated in post 4

Ramzavail, saw you joined the league. Make sure to post here, too, with a number. As above: "Gotta post in this thread, too, tho. If you haven't posted but you join the league, you're going to get kicked out on Friday."

SI

Old 02-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
Comey
College Starter

Waiting list
Shamrocks
Yahoo ID: imadum

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
Travis
Pro Rookie

Back in, #9 please
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Updated post 4 again

SI

Old 02-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
TRO
College Prospect

Waiting List please.

I still say my football title deserves an automatic entry
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Just signed in.... I'll take #7!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I'll jump on the waiting list.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Signed up #5 please.

My brother would like to play (I can get you his info if you get a slot open)

Thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Any thoughts of upping the league to 14 if we get enough people on the waiting list?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 02-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I'd prefer to keep it at 12...if we really had a lot of push towards 14, I think we'd have to rework the rosters a bit. I hate being stretched so thin in the bench/waiver area.

Definitely back...gotta finish my 4-3-2-1 streak... #8 for me, please.

Last edited by PackerFanatic : 02-28-2012 at 06:59 PM.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I'd prefer to keep it at 12...if we really had a lot of push towards 14, I think we'd have to rework the rosters a bit. I hate being stretched so thin in the bench/waiver area.

dola - I had said this before seeing that SI increased the roster a bit. I would definitely say we'd have to rollback those changes for sure if we went to 14.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, updated in post 4 now

SI

Old 02-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I agree with this... I was just throwing it out there for the people who have been looking to get in the league.

I'll definitely be okay with any decision we (or SI) makes

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I guess I could see 14 teams if went back to how many Ps we had before (9 pitchers) and removed one OF and turned MI/CI to just IF (12 hitters). Playoffs would be a lot harder to get into and I worry about sagging interest as the season goes on. Heck, I'm worried about finishing the draft if we have 14 people. But with baseball it's not as bad as football, with regards to positional scarcity. Let's see where we are on Friday morning with regards to returning teams and waitlisted folks.

Thoughts?

SI

Old 02-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #25
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I would definitely be more worried about interest late in the season...its hard enough with 10 or 12 teams. I think we've done a pretty good job of keeping it up in this league, but the more you add, the harder it gets.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm with whatever.. my brother is a huge baseball fan though.. would like to see him get in.

No Pujols for me this year.. haha..
Old 02-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #27
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey SI- I'm out this year. I did 3 leagues last year to jump back in to baseball and found that I didn't enjoy nearly as much as football.

Good luck to whoever gets my spot and to the rest of you guys!!! Thanks again for the opportunity!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM   #28
Ramzavail
College Starter

#3 please.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #29
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm back. #11, please. Already joined the Yahoo league.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #30
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey SI- I'm out this year. I did 3 leagues last year to jump back in to baseball and found that I didn't enjoy nearly as much as football.

Good luck to whoever gets my spot and to the rest of you guys!!! Thanks again for the opportunity!

No big deal- thanks for playing last year and I'm sure someone will enjoy the spot this year.

SI

Old 03-01-2012, 06:00 AM   #31
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Last day to rejoin from the previous year. Tomorrow we square away the waitlist and take one last look at the rules

SI

Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm gonna be stepping aside as well, got 3 pay leagues and just wouldn't be as invested in this one. I do appreciate being in last year though.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

01. Klein Bottles (ntndeacon)
02. Shamrocks (Comey)
03. {Team_Name} (TRO)

Go ahead and PM me an email address so I can send a Yahoo invite to you tomorrow morning.

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 AM   #35
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like we have 3 free spots this year. Invites have been sent to ntndeacon, Comey, and TRO. If the respond in the thread with team name and number and join in Yahoo today, they are in. If not, we keep moving down the list tomorrow.

If they all join, I'm looking to match the draft numbers up with the number list I have and we'll have a draft order.

Everyone look over the rules and see if there's anything worth changing. Otherwise, things will be frozen and we'll have a soft start to the draft Monday and hard start on Tuesday. We're going to be going with a 3 hour draft time limit instead of the 6 for last year (too long) and the 2 for football (a smidge short)

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 AM   #36
Comey
College Starter

I'm in.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:03 AM   #37
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Pick a number: 1, 4, 10, or 12

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #38
Comey
College Starter

10 works for me.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #39
TRO
College Prospect

Royal Apes

Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #40
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Klein Bottles
We will be #1!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #41
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The draft order is as follows:

I'll update that with team names in the draft post so you can see the draft order.

Last chance for people to back out now.

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #42
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

I knew I should have picked the number 3!

I have some comments on the rule changes. Hopefully people agree with me but this league has been so great I will obviously go with what the majority decides.

I don't think it is necessary to add more positions. I think we were all pretty thin at outfield already last year. Ditto for pitching.

The waiver wire had just the right amount of talent and encouraged people to make moves. If more people get taken, that is less opportunity to tinker with your team and it is more likely people will feel "stuck". My two cents of course...
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #43
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I agree with LWSFS on this.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #44
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

10th?! Come on man...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Draft order is up in Post 4. I'll finalize it in Yahoo on Monday if we have no one that backs out.

Just a reminder: you have to check this at least twice to three times a day minimum: morning for sure, lunch helps, and then after work if not evening as there are a lot of picks then with more people online. If you can't do that for a couple of weeks straight, just don't do join.

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #46
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
10th?! Come on man...

Hey, go yell at the Excel Rand() function.

I don't come up with these off the top of my head because I know I'll have a bias to my picks. I seem to remember it took like 20 additional numbers to get a 6 to pop up before a 2 at the end. Excel just didn't want to spit out either of those numbers this year.

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #47
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
I knew I should have picked the number 3!

I have some comments on the rule changes. Hopefully people agree with me but this league has been so great I will obviously go with what the majority decides.

I don't think it is necessary to add more positions. I think we were all pretty thin at outfield already last year. Ditto for pitching.

The waiver wire had just the right amount of talent and encouraged people to make moves. If more people get taken, that is less opportunity to tinker with your team and it is more likely people will feel "stuck". My two cents of course...

Yeah, I don't think we were all that stacked with talent but I do seem to remember a little room to play with last year and that's a good feeling. I've been increasingly concerned about the pitching/hitting balance, tho. I feel like there's just been no emphasis on pitching. I know there's a volatility there but only 13 of the first 60 picks (5 rounds)- that's pretty unbalanced- and then only 17 of the next 60. So, only 1/4 of the first 10 rounds is pitching. That seems to me like a lot less pitching.

So, maybe instead of making things more "hardcore" with 1 OF, 1 SP, and 1 P, I just add 1 P and bump the IPs up to 48 and call it good. I think the increased IP puts more of a premium on getting better pitchers and not just roster filler and the extra spot adds a little more roster balance.

SI

Old 03-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #48
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Hey, go yell at the Excel Rand() function.

I don't come up with these off the top of my head because I know I'll have a bias to my picks. I seem to remember it took like 20 additional numbers to get a 6 to pop up before a 2 at the end. Excel just didn't want to spit out either of those numbers this year.

SI

Uh huh...suuuure

And I do like the idea of increasing IP and adding a pitcher. I'd be good with that.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Lets expand.. my brother is going to be sad.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I just can't do it. I think 12 is the right size for baseball just like 10 is for football. We're already fighting some roster dilution

SI