Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL 2033 Playoffs

Edmonton Edge (96-66) vs Baltimore Charm (97-65)

Colorado Rancheros (86-76) vs Hartford Harpooners (99-63)

Starts in about 10 minutes!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sim time! Getting exports now.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
muns
Pro Starter

Good luck guys!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 1:

Donald Morgan pitches for Edmonton vs Armando Sanchez for Baltimore

Pitching is the name of the game in this one. Donald Morgan pitches great, striking out 7 in 8 innings while giving up only 1 run on 6 hits.

Sanchez is even better though, giving up 0 runs on 3 hits in 6 innings. The Baltimore bullpen comes in and keeps the Edge scoreless as well on an additional 3 hits.

The sole run of the game comes in the bottom of the 7th when Cong Che gets on board with a 1-out single, advances to second when Lujan is hit by a pitch and then scores on a Sherman RBI single.

Baltimore 1, Edmonton 0

Old 08-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 1:

Naofumi Ueda pitches for Colorado vs Daniel Padno for Hartford

Colorado scores in the top of the first on a Juan Vargas RBI single to take the 1-0 lead. Hartford ties it up however in the third when Juan Munoz walks, steals both second and third base and then scores on a ground out to first.

Munoz scores another run in the 5th when he hits a 446 foot solo home run to give the Harpooners a 2-1 lead and then the Harpooners score again in the following inning when Tex Jones scores on a ground out to short for an insurance run.

Padno pitches 7.2 innings, striking out 6 and gives up only 2 runs on 3 hits for the win.

Hartford 3, Colorado 2

Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
muns
Pro Starter

To be on the loosing end of a 1-0 loss just blows. Hope the series gets better than that.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
muns
Pro Starter

Interesting that Hartford didnt start Lemieux there.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Interesting that Hartford didnt start Lemieux there.

he had pitched just 2 days before this game.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
muns
Pro Starter

Thank ya, that would explain it.

and here I thought it was some grand stragety you were pull out to make it to the title game.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 2:

Weston Martin pitches for Edmonton vs Jaime Sanchez for Baltimore

Baltimore scores twice in the bottom of the 2nd on back to back to back doubles from Che, Le and Velona to take the early 2-0 lead. Edmonton scratches one back in the top of the fifth finally when Lenny Chaundy hits a RBI single to cut their deficit to one.

In the 6th, Jaime Sanchez shows off some of his nerves. He walks Gutierrez to start the inning, gives a double to Walker and Broomhead back to back which allows two runs to score and Edmonton takes a 3-2 lead. Rosales is then walked to put two runners on before Acosta is struck out for the first out of the inning. Keyte hits a single deep in the hole at second, but not deep enough to score anyone and the bases are loaded.

Muns has seen enough from his young pitching star and he goes to the bullpen to bring in Jose Aguilar to pitch with the bases loaded. Aguilar does almost the worst thing imaginable as he walks Jamison with the bases loaded to bring in a run. He then walks Chaundy to bring in another run. Finally Martin then hits into a double play to end the inning, but not before Edmonton scores 4 runs on 3 hits and takes a 5-2 lead.

Baltimore is not one to backdown however as they come storming back in the 7th on back to back home runs from Sherman and Cook for three runs and we are all knotted up 5-5!

That remains the score through the 8th and 9th innings and we head into extra innings. Vincente Madrid remains in to pitch for Baltimore but he is ineffective in the 10th. He walks Rosales, then gives up a double to Acosta and intentionally walks Keyte to load the bases. Dave Easter steps up with the bases loaded and comes through with a RBI single to score two runs!

Chaundy then flies out for the first out of the inning, then Wright grounds out for the second out. Pinch hitter Jesus Garcia steps up and hits another big single to score two more runs and Edmonton takes a 9-5 lead before Baltimore finally gets out of the inning on a Walker strike out.

Wright remains in to pitch the bottom of the 10th, and he walks Che to start off the inning, but Le follows up with a double play and Velona strikes out to end the game.

Edmonton 9, Baltimore 5 (10 innings)

THe CLCS is tied 1 game each.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #11
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Thank ya, that would explain it.

and here I thought it was some grand stragety you were pull out to make it to the title game.

There was some strategy to it. I felt the last 2 classics i pitched my best guys to much. Having Thompson now i wanted to go with what i used all season. Same order and 5 man rotation. It worked in the season, so went with the if it isn't broke don't fix it thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS game 2:

Manny Villa pitches for Colorado vs Cristo Gonzales for Hartford

Paul O'Bryan hits a solo home run in the first inning for Colorado to give them a 1-0 lead. Brennan Ward hits a RBI double in the bottom of the inning for Hartford to tie it up and then Juan Munoz hits a sacrifice fly to give the Harpooners a 2-1 lead in the second.

That is all of the scoring we will see. Hartford does not score again despite getting 10 hits in the game. Luckily for them Gonzales pitches amazingly, going 8 innings, giving up only 1 earned run on 3 hits for the win.

Hartford 2, Colorado 1

Hartford leads the RLCS 2 games to 0.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #13
muns
Pro Starter

that was a nasty game we had pitching wise. Maybe I should shut up now
Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Always a fun coincidence, immediately after the game where O'Bryan hits a home run for the Rancheros, they announce agreeing on a 3 year $31mil deal to extend his contract.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #15
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Always a fun coincidence, immediately after the game where O'Bryan hits a home run for the Rancheros, they announce agreeing on a 3 year $31mil deal to extend his contract.

that is pretty cool
Old 08-25-2009, 08:32 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 3:

Mike Bradford pitches for Baltimore vs Kieran Browne for Edmonton

The third inning was the killer for Bradford as he walks Acosta to lead off the inning, then gets Browne to fly out. A single to Gutierrez puts two on but then a Rosales ground out gives Baltimore their second out of the inning. Broomhead then walks, Keyte also walks with the bases loaded to score the first Edmonton run of the game. Chaundy walks as well for the second run walked in of the inning. As Garcia steps up to the plate, a Bradford wild pitch allows a third run of the inning through! Garcia is hit by a pitch to load the bases once again. Rogers is struck out however to mercifully end the inning before it gets worse. Not before Edmonton scores 3 runs on 1 hit however!

Baltimore will score 2 runs in the game, including one in the 9th but not enough to pull out the victory. Browne pitches 8 innings, striking out 12 and giving up only 1 run on 6 hits to get the win for Edmonton.

Edmonton 3, Baltimore 2

Edmonton leads the series 2 games to 1.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
Tasan
College Starter

Well, its pretty much over I'd expect. Lemieux goes next I'd imagine, and then I have garbage for game 4. Another piss poor post season for the Rancheros.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 3:

Juan Hernandez pitches for Hartford vs Jaime Lopez for Colorado

Hartford scores 1 in the second, 1 in the third and 1 in the 6th to take a 3-0 lead, but Colorado scores 3 in the bottom of the 6th to tie it up!

In the top of the 9th, Colorado brings in Manny Martinez to pitch. He gets Tex Jones to ground out for the first out, but then gives up a single to Prebble and a 2-run home run by Brennan Ward puts Hartford up 5-3. That is not all for the Harpooners however in the 9th. Nunez and Kelley continue with singles and Couarde hits a pinch hit RBI double to bring home another run.

Hewson is intentionally walked to load the bases and a new pitcher, Jose Cruz comes in to pitch for Colorado. The first batter he faces, Francisco Rosado grounds out to third, but another run scores to give the Harpooners a 7-3 lead before Munoz strikes out to end the top of the 9th.

In the bottom of the 9th, Dwyer hits Hull and walks Gentry, but strike outs of Griffith, O'Bryan and a ground out from Gates ends the game without anyone crossing the plate.

Hartford 7, Colorado 3

Hartford leads the series 3 games to 0.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
muns
Pro Starter

Feeling for ya Tasan. I think im gonna loose the series on this next game. Blankenship is going for me and is by far my worst starter......
Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #20
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Draft Pool was announced. Looks to be a crappy year for pitchers (both relief and starting).

Old 08-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #21
Tasan
College Starter

Man, this just feels like the late 70s/early 80s all over again for me. Just bashing my head on the wall and not getting anywhere with the best I can seem to pull together. I've gotta do something big.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 4:

Byron Blankenship pitches for Baltimore vs John Rodgers for Edmonton

Baltimore scores 4 in the first, 2 in the second and 4 more in the 6th to blow Edmonton out of the water despite only out-hitting them 14-13. Che goes 4 for 5 with a double and 3 RBI , Le goes 1 for 4 with a GRAND SLAM in the 6th inning and Lujan goes 2 for 5 with a 3-run homer in the first for Baltimore.

Baltimore 10, Edmonton 6

The CLCS is tied 2 games each.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

RLCS Game 4:

Renaud Lemieux pitches for Hartford vs Isoruko Ohayashi for Colorado

Hartford scores 4 in the first inning, 1 in the third and 4 more in the 4th. That would easily be enough for Lemieux as he pitches a complete game, striking out 7 and giving up only 2 runs on 7 hits.

Tex Jones went 4 for 4 with a double, HR and 2 RBI in the win for Hartford.

Hartford 9, Colorado 2

The Hartford Harpooners are the 2033 Republic League Champions!

Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
Tasan
College Starter

Damn it all to hell. This has to be my most frustrating stretch in decades.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 5:

Armando Sanchez for Baltimore (0-0 0.00 ERA this postseason)
vs
Morgan for Edmonton (0-1 1.13 ERA this postseason)

Baltimore scores in the top of the first on a RBI single from Le, but Edmonton scores 3 in the bottom of the second on back to back RBI doubles from Rogers and Acosta to take a 3-1 lead.

That will be all Edmonton needs as MOrgan pitches 6 innings, striking out 7 and giving up only 1 run on 6 hits.

Edmonton 4, Baltimore 1

Edmonton leads the series 3 games to 2.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS Game 6:

Martin pitches for Edmonton (0-0 5.68 ERA this postseason)
vs
Jaime Sanchez for Baltimore (0-0 8.44 ERA this postseason)

Baltimore rewarded Sanchez' horrible game 2 outing with a 6 year - $27 million deal earlier this week.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #27
muns
Pro Starter

Thank god that deal got done....

Huge Relief..... Now hopefully he can earn that check

Last edited by muns : 08-25-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #28
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Edmonton scores first, in the top of the 6th on a RBI single from Keyte. Baltimore ties it up on a Bubba Cook Solo home run in the bottom of the inning.

Baltimore scores again in the bottom of the 8th when Mike Sherman hits a RBi single to put the Charm up 2-1. Edmonton is unable to do anything in the 9th and Baltimore holds on to win and force a game 7.

Sanchez pitches 7.1 innings, striking out 7 and giving up only 1 run on 6 hits. Martin pitches well for Edmonton but gets very little run support as he also strikes out 7, and gives up only 2 runs on 7 hits in 8 innings.

Baltimore 2, Edmonton 1

The CLCS is tied up 3-3.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #29
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Sherman's been a killer this series!!

Tough to say who won that trade!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Tasan
College Starter

No offense Eric, but good luck muns. I'm going to ignore this thread for a little while now.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
muns
Pro Starter

well thats fitting and cool. Wouldnt want to have it any other way. Heck of a series Eric. One game set us apart in the regular season, and one game is gonna do it again. Fun stuff.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #32
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
well thats fitting and cool. Wouldnt want to have it any other way. Heck of a series Eric. One game set us apart in the regular season, and one game is gonna do it again. Fun stuff.

For sure!
I got the guy i want out on the hill in this one....Keirin browne had an off season, but he has been my go to guy for years! He is my Jack Morris on john Smoltz....you just feel better when the ball is in hand in a big game

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #33
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
For sure!
I got the guy i want out on the hill in this one....Keirin browne had an off season, but he has been my go to guy for years! He is my Jack Morris on john Smoltz....you just feel better when the ball is in hand in a big game

lol wonderful, going agaisnt my ROOKIE!!!!! lol
Old 08-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #34
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Man it might have helped me win the last round but now i wish i would have used highest rested SP.

Last edited by hyde4us11 : 08-25-2009 at 09:03 PM.
hyde4us11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:03 PM   #35
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

CLCS game 7:

Browne pitches for Edmonton (1-0 1.13 ERA this postseason)
vs
Bradford for Baltimore (0-1 4.50 ERA this postseason)

Bradford has another meltdown in this game, giving up 4 runs on 1 hit, 1 hit by pitch and 5 walks (all 4 runs with the bases loaded) to go down 4-0 in the 2nd inning.

Baltimore comes back with 4 runs of their own in the third on back to back home runs from Lujan (a 3 run shot) and Sherman. Each team scores individual runs as well and we go into the 7th inning all tied up 5-5.

In the top of the 7th, Jesus Garcia tees off on a pitch from Jose Aguilar for a 2-run shot that puts Edmonton ahead for good.

Edmonton 7, Baltimore 5

The Edmonton Edge are the 2033 Continental League Champions!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #36
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
CLCS game 7:

Browne pitches for Edmonton (1-0 1.13 ERA this postseason)
vs
Bradford for Baltimore (0-1 4.50 ERA this postseason)

Bradford has another meltdown in this game, giving up 4 runs on 1 hit, 1 hit by pitch and 5 walks (all 4 runs with the bases loaded) to go down 4-0 in the 2nd inning.

Baltimore comes back with 4 runs of their own in the third on back to back home runs from Lujan (a 3 run shot) and Sherman. Each team scores individual runs as well and we go into the 7th inning all tied up 5-5.

In the top of the 7th, Jesus Garcia tees off on a pitch from Jose Aguilar for a 2-run shot that puts Edmonton ahead for good.

Edmonton 7, Baltimore 5

The Edmonton Edge are the 2033 Continental League Champions!

Go jesus!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #37
muns
Pro Starter

Congrats Eric on the "W". Keep it home in the CL!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #38
muns
Pro Starter

Congrats on making it there twice in a row Hyde. Im glad you made it there, but gotta stay in House and root for Edmonton.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #39
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Congrats Eric on the "W". Keep it home in the CL!!!!

Great season muns...it couldnt get any closer!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #40
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Its actually the 3rd trip for the record (hint hint on the other thread going lol).
Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #41
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The 2033 FOOL Classic is set!

Edmonton Edge (96-66) vs Hartford Harpooners (99-63)

This is the first time these two teams and these two managers have ever faced off.

Edmonton last won a FOOL Championship in 2026, while Hartford has not won a title since 1991

Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #42
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 1:

Rodgers pitches for Edmonton (0-1 40.51 ERA this postseason)
vs
Lawrence Thompson for Hartford (no apperance yet in the postseason)

Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #43
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde4us11 View Post
Its actually the 3rd trip for the record (hint hint on the other thread going lol).

LOL, that is AWESOME. Now he actually has people vying for a spot.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hartford starts the scoring first on an Albert Nunez solo home run in the second inning. They add 4 more runs in the 6th inning and this game is a run away.

Thompson pitches a complete game, striking out 5 and giving up only 1 run on 4 hits for the win.

Hartford 7, Edmonton 1

Old 08-25-2009, 09:12 PM   #45
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 2:

Morgan pitches for Edmonton (1-1 1.29 ERA this postseason)
vs
Padno for Hartford (1-0 2.35 ERA this postseason)

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 PM   #46
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
LOL, that is AWESOME. Now he actually has people vying for a spot.

LOL
Old 08-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #47
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

This time Edmonton is the one to get the bats going, Ben Keyte hits a GRAND SLAM in the top of the first to put the Edge up 4-0 and a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the second inning scores another one as Hartford trails by 5.

Hartford scratches back a little at a time, with 1 in the second, 2 in the third, 1 in the fourth and a big 5th inning where Ji Kui hits a bases loaded triple to put the Harpooners up for good.

Hartford 8, Edmonton 6

Hartford leads the FOOL Classic 2 games to 0.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 3:

Gonzales pitches for Hartford (1-0 1.13 ERA this postseason)
vs
Martin for Edmonton (0-1 3.77 ERA this postseason)

Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This time Edmonton is the one to get the bats going, Ben Keyte hits a GRAND SLAM in the top of the first to put the Edge up 4-0 and a wild pitch with the bases loaded in the second inning scores another one as Hartford trails by 5.

Hartford scratches back a little at a time, with 1 in the second, 2 in the third, 1 in the fourth and a big 5th inning where Ji Kui hits a bases loaded triple to put the Harpooners up for good.

Hartford 8, Edmonton 6

Hartford leads the FOOL Classic 2 games to 0.

Jeez...I dont think I've ever had a Championship final series without blowing a 5 run lead!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Edmonton once again scores first, with a Dan Broomhead 2-run home run in the bottom of the first, but once again Hartford comes back with 3 runs in the 4th, 2 more in the 5th and an insurance run in the 8th to win.

Brennan Ward goes 2 for 4 with a HR and 2 RBI while Hewson goes 3 for 4 with 2 doubles and 3 RBI for the Harpooners.

Hartford 6, Edmonton 3

Hartford leads the series 3 games to 0.