Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #1
n00b

How often do Player Stats Update?

Sup guys,

Sorry, I have another quick question for the vets. So I understand that player's stats update TC and week 2 Ex but it seems like stats update during regular season as well. Is this a week to week thing? I'm also curious if this is based on playing time and players having good/bad games.

& is there a stat window which follows these changes during the season??

Thanks so much for the help brothers

sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticky View Post
Sup guys,

Sorry, I have another quick question for the vets. So I understand that player's stats update TC and week 2 Ex but it seems like stats update during regular season as well. Is this a week to week thing? I'm also curious if this is based on playing time and players having good/bad games.

& is there a stat window which follows these changes during the season??

Thanks so much for the help brothers
I assume that by "stats" here, you mean "ratings." (That's the more commonly used term. "Stats" typically refer to "statistics" like rushing yards, passing touchdowns, etc.)

Current ratings of young players can change every single week; they'll increase faster if you have a mentor at the position if the youngster is in year 3 or less. Yes, playing time is a factor; the more they play, the faster they'll improve. I did a study on this a while back that's here somewhere, but in short, maybe a non-mentored guy goes from 34/51-->40/51 over the course of a regular season, but if he'd had a mentor, with the same amount of playing time he'd have gone from 34/51-->47/51.

To add another wrinkle to this, you should probably know that in some instances, future potential will change as well--typically in one of these two circumstances:

1. A player reaches his full current potential. (i.e. he was 45/52 and he becomes 47/47, because 47 is his full development.
2. Certain masked players will reach apparent full potential and then keep growing from there. (i.e. he was 68/70, then he goes to 70/70...but then he increases to 72/72.)
Old 11-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #3
n00b

Yes you assumed correctly, ratings

Thanks Ben this helps a bunch.

I noticed JimmyG (9ers QB) did some of what you mentioned in your 2nd circumstance but it was a bit the other way. He was rated 45/55 preseason and as the season progressed his rating would change...52/52 49/49 then ended up as 50/50 end of the year. I was guessing it might be fluctuating from his game performances.

Thank you
sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
1. A player reaches his full current potential. (i.e. he was 45/52 and he becomes 47/47, because 47 is his full development.
2. Certain masked players will reach apparent full potential and then keep growing from there. (i.e. he was 68/70, then he goes to 70/70...but then he increases to 72/72.)
And sometimes even a combination of these two. A hypothetical example: a player that's 45/52 in week 5, could continue to improve (46/52, 47/52, etc...), then suddenly reach 50/50 in week 12, yet continues to improve a bit to 51/51 in week 14 and might even improve a bit more.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote