Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2005, 12:30 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Werewolf II - Flight to Hawthorne Manor

Your area of the kingdom has always known about the werewolves that live in the mountains to the north. Usually, however, they have avoided you and your villages, until recently. For unknown reasons, they have come south to attack your lands, causing chaos, death and confusion. The king has moved in with his army to battle them but the rest of you are just looking for a safe place to hide out during the war. Hawthorne Manor is a run-down old mansion that officially belongs to the King, but has rarely been used in the last twenty years. It's isolated location, stout walls and moat, and water supplies make it a good place to flee from the ongoing war, and so a variety of people have ended up there, doors locked against any werewolf assault. Many of you are normal villagers, but there are others as well, who have come here for different reasons. Soon after you arrived, you became convinced that some werewolves have made it into your refuge. You're not sure how many exactly, but at least two of them appear to be lurking about, in human form during the day. There's only one way you will survive, determine who the werewolves are and kill them! Luckily the manor is well stocked with old weapons, including several firearms. Those should come in handy...

Basic Rules:

Werewolf is a game of accusation, deduction, lying, reverse psychology and bandwagoning. Moreover, it's a lot of fun.

The rules are pretty simple: The players represent a village and each member of the village has a role which is kept secret. Most players are ordinary villagers but two or more are werewolves and at least one is a seer, there are some other roles which are explained later. The goal of the villagers is to eliminate all of the werewolves. The goal of the werewolves is to achieve 1:1 parity with the villagers at which time they can openly rise up and overwhelm the villagers thus winning the game.

Gameplay
The game consists of two different phases: Night and Day. The game begins with a Night phase.

Night
In a night phase the moderator will ask the werewolves to choose a villager to “eat” and also ask the seer to choose one player to “view”. The werewolves should decide amongst themselves using the board's PM (private message) function who their victim will be and inform the moderator of their choice. The seer should decide who his target will be and inform the moderator of his choice.

The werewolves' victim is dead and is removed from the game, but the rest of the village won't find out until daytime who the victim is and what their secret role was.

The seer's target has his role (villager or werewolf) revealed to the seer only.

Day
During the daytime the villagers all wake up and find that one of their own has been killed by the werewolves. At this point at least one player is a werewolf and so someone is gonna get lynched.

During this phase all players, including werewolves who have assumed villager form, must discuss their suspicions. Eventually it will reach a point where villagers start to cast votes for who they feel is a werewolf and must be lynched. Votes are cast by placing bold text in a post like this VOTE PLAYER A. If you want to change your vote, make another post saying UNVOTE PLAYER A - VOTE PLAYER B. At the end of the day (which is defined as 8:00 pm EST) the player who received the most votes is lynched and is removed from the game. That player’s role will be revealed to the village.

When the lynching is done all the villagers go back to their homes to sleep and the next night begins.

Winning
In case it's not clear: The villagers win if they kill all of the werewolves. The werewolves win if they kill enough villagers so that their numbers are equal. At this point the werewolves can openly rise up and slaughter the rest of the villagers.

Changes from Last time:

I've moved up the lynch deadline to 8 pm EST to allow everyone a bit more time for discussion, etc.

If there is a tie for the lynch vote, I will decide who will be lynched based on the relative strengths of the arguments that have been offered.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-24-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Roles:

Keep in mind that unlike last game, not all of these roles may actually be used in the game, and there may even be more than one of a particular role.

Seer - May check one person per night to see if they are a werewolf or a villager. Each night turn may PM me with their view.

Bodyguard - May protect one person against a werewolf attack. They may not protect the same person two nights in a row, and may not protect themselves. If they successfully protect a person, it will be revealed as a NO KILL. The bodyguard will NOT learn the identity of any werewolves! Each night they should PM me with who they want to protect.

Hunter - The hunter is a rather paranoid individual, but a skilled killer. If they are killed in the game, either by werewolves or lynched, they have the power to immediately kill one other player of their choice. Note that they don't know who the werewolves are, they just have to make their best guess.

Doctor - Chooses one person each night to watch over. If that person is attacked by the werewolves, the Doctor has a 50% chance of saving that person. The person the Doctor saves WILL NOT have voting rights the next day due to their wounds. The Doctor should PM me each night with who they are keeping watch over.

Witness - Once per game, the witness may view the werewolves kill. They will find out the identity of one wolf, who will also find out their identity. If there is no kill for any reason, the moderator will decide if the witness's power is used or not.

Brutal Wolf - One of the werewolves in the game is nastier than the others, a very tough customer. If this werewolf is lynched, he has the power to immediately kill one person before he is subdued.

Cursed - If this person is targeted by the werewolves, they become a werewolf. It will be revealed as NO KILL during the night. However, the person who is Cursed, will NOT know the fact until they are attacked by the wolves. If they are lynched, all the passengers will find out is that they were a villager. This role will be viewed as a villager to the Seer, unless they have already been changed to a werewolf.

Sorcerer - May check one person per night to see if they are the Seer. This person wins if the wolves win. This role will be viewed as a regular villager to the Seer. The Sorceror does not know the identity of the wolves, and the wolves do not know the Sorceror. Should PM me each night with who they want to view.

Cultist - This person is working with the wolves, and wins if the wolves win. This person knows who the wolves are, but the wolves do not know their identity. The Cultist has a visible aura of evil that the Seer will have a 50% chance of detecting if he views this person.

Duke - The Duke is a powerful noble in the area who has fled to the manor for protection, and is laying low. He has the power, once per game, after a lynch is decided, to stand up and declare that the victim will not be lynched (even if he is the victim,) and instead lynch someone else of his choice. This is the one role that will be positively revealed if used, the Duke will PM me if he wants to use his ability, and *I* will post about the Duke's actions, so there can be no false claims.

*edited to add the Duke, forgot one!*

*edited to change the Cultists role slightly*

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-25-2005 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:54 AM   #3
korme
Go Reds

I really like all the new roles
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 12:54 AM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Let me know if there are any questions, I know I'm adding a lot of roles compared to the last game but I've tried to make the descriptions fairly complete.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:03 AM   #5
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I agree these are very cool additions.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Hopefully it will be just as exciting as the first game

Looking forward to it.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Swaggs
Coordinator

Any chance we can extend the weekend deadline?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #8
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm open to votes for when we should start the game, we can start immediately if you guys want, to get in a Friday turn, and then the next day turn would be basically the rest of the weekend. Or I can just start now and have the deadline be Sunday night, since people may be out of town, etc. That may be best
Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 AM   #9
korme
Go Reds

I'd suggest the whole weekend for the first turn
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:13 AM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Player list for this game:

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW
Airhog
NoMyths
Qwikshot
Neuqua
ntndeacon
McSweeny
Shorty
Kwhit
Mustang
BrianD
Condors
Eaglesfan
GWB
KevinNU7
Desnudo
Lathum
Old 06-24-2005, 01:21 AM   #11
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

the weekend sounds good to me for a first turn
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:23 AM   #12
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Start now and have the turn end at the end of the weekend.

[edit]Nice character additions.

Last edited by TazFTW : 06-24-2005 at 01:23 AM.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:17 AM   #13
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've sent out PMs to everyone with your role, if you have questions about it, feel free to PM me.

Night Turn 1

Everyone is settling in to the decrepit old manor, trying to find comfortable places in the rotting (though still elegant) bedrooms, and putting together meals in the huge kitchen. There were some stocks of food when you arrived, but it is mostly preserved meat and wine. The rest of you brought some food and pooled it, and also you can go out to the manor's enclosed garden to get more food. Most of you have been drinking a lot, especially since you learned there are werewolves among you. There is an air of expectation, something will happen soon. The scent of fear is in the air throughout the dark halls of the manor. Night arrives.

Wolves, PM me with your kill for tonight.
Seer/Sorceror, PM me your views.
Doctor/Bodyguard, PM me who you are watching over.
Witness, PM me if you want to witness tonight's events.

Once I receive everyone's reply I will post to start Day turn 1, at that point the discussions can really begin and will go through the weekend to Sunday night.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-24-2005 at 05:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 AM   #14
kingfc22
Head Coach

Bah, missed out again.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:21 AM   #15
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yes, I like the new rules. I also like the weekend deadline.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 06:38 AM   #16
condors
College Starter

back for more
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:15 AM   #17
KevinNU7
College Starter

Is the first kill going to be on Peregrine again or are you actually going to kill someone right off the bat????
Old 06-24-2005, 07:16 AM   #18
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is the first kill going to be on Peregrine again or are you actually going to kill someone right off the bat?

We'll find out, won't we?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:33 AM   #19
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Is the first kill going to be on Peregrine again or are you actually going to kill someone right off the bat????

Ah, good question. Dang! I wish we didn't have to wait all weekend to have the first round.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 07:36 AM   #20
KevinNU7
College Starter

I thought we'd find out the werewolves killed person X now and then we'd all have until Sunday night to lynch someone.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:40 AM   #21
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah. I think you're right. But the lynching's the fun part - I don't want to wait all weekend before we string somebody up!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #22
Jon
High School Varsity

The sooner we start the stringing up, the better.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:11 AM   #23
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Probably tonight be the first one and then the rest of the weekend but, I'm ok with making the weekend the first turn.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:13 AM   #24
Peregrine
Pro Starter

If I get responses from all the people for the night turn we can do a lynch turn today with a Friday night deadline if people want. Then the next day turn would be the rest of the weekend. We'll see how it plays out I guess. It's definitely going to take longer to get the night turns done in this game, since I have to hear from a lot more people. I may establish a time limit, and if you don't reply by then, your character doesn't take their action that night.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:21 AM   #25
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'm intrigued by the roles and the fact that we have no clue how many werewolves there are. I'd imagine the Witness would only want to use his/her skill when there is only 1 wolf remaining so that the wolf can be outted at the game can end.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:35 AM   #26
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm intrigued by the roles and the fact that we have no clue how many werewolves there are. I'd imagine the Witness would only want to use his/her skill when there is only 1 wolf remaining so that the wolf can be outted at the game can end.

but they won't know when there is only 1 left. do they do it after 1 is killed? or 2? or maybe theres like 15 werewolves?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:37 AM   #27
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Either schedule is fine with me. I'd be around for a turn today, but I also don't mind waiting.

Interesting new roles. It looks like simple villagers are outnumbered by people with roles. That should make things interesting. I also like the "two or more" wolves. The seer can't out himself for a guaranteed win if he doesn't know how many wolves are left.

This should be fun.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #28
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

So for old time's sake....let's lynch Lathum.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #29
KWhit
Coordinator

Hehe.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #30
KevinNU7
College Starter

That is why the position is so interesting to me. I think it is safe to assume that no player owns more then one position. There are 9 position excluding the brutal wolf, and we know there are atleast two werewolves. So that makes 11, assuming you add a brutal wolf to that you know have 9 human positions and 3 wolves, with 7 left over. Those 7 could all be villagers or some could be wolves.

1 Seer
2 Bodyguard
3 Hunter
4 Doctor
5 Witness
6 Cursed
7 Sorcerer
8 Cultist
9 Duke
10 Brutal Wolf
Old 06-24-2005, 08:46 AM   #31
KevinNU7
College Starter

Question for Peregine. If I am about to be killed by a werewolf and the bodyguard or doctor come to my rescue do I learn who they are in a PM? Like this, "You were attacked last night but Person X faught off the attack."

At the same time could a werewold get a message "You tried to kill KevinNU7 but were staved off by Person X."
Old 06-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #32
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Cursed - If this person is targeted by the werewolves, they become a werewolf. It will be revealed as NO KILL during the night. However, the person who is Cursed, will NOT know the fact until they are attacked by the wolves. If they are lynched, all the passengers will find out is that they were a villager. This role will be viewed as a villager to the Seer, unless they have already been changed to a werewolf.
Another question. Are you saying that in the opening PM the cursed would have gotten a message saying "You are a villager" and then if they get killed by the wolves they will change sides? That's pretty cool.

Something to note with this position is a "NO KILL" would immediately be recognized by the Body Guard as the Cursed because he would say to himslef, "Hey, wait a minute, I did not protect that person last night, they must have changed into a werwolf!"
Old 06-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #33
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
That is why the position is so interesting to me. I think it is safe to assume that no player owns more then one position. There are 9 position excluding the brutal wolf, and we know there are atleast two werewolves. So that makes 11, assuming you add a brutal wolf to that you know have 9 human positions and 3 wolves, with 7 left over. Those 7 could all be villagers or some could be wolves.

1 Seer
2 Bodyguard
3 Hunter
4 Doctor
5 Witness
6 Cursed
7 Sorcerer
8 Cultist
9 Duke
10 Brutal Wolf

That is assuming all roles are used though.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:55 AM   #34
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'm not sure Peregine would go that crazy in game 2. That is a possibility though.

Edit: Nevermind I didn't see this

Quote:
Keep in mind that unlike last game, not all of these roles may actually be used in the game, and there may even be more than one of a particular role.

So in theory there could be two bodyguards and then you wouldn't truely know what the NO KILL meant

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 06-24-2005 at 08:56 AM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:57 AM   #35
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Another question. Are you saying that in the opening PM the cursed would have gotten a message saying "You are a villager" and then if they get killed by the wolves they will change sides? That's pretty cool.

Something to note with this position is a "NO KILL" would immediately be recognized by the Body Guard as the Cursed because he would say to himslef, "Hey, wait a minute, I did not protect that person last night, they must have changed into a werwolf!"

I could be wrong, but I would guess that on a "NO KILL", we won't be told who the wolves were targeting. We'll just find out in the morning that the wolves didn't eat anyone. I would assume that the wolves will know if turned a cursed person via PM and they will have a new member to conspire with.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:03 AM   #36
KevinNU7
College Starter

Good point. So the body guards and doctors would protect people we'd here about a NO KILL find no one injuried and have to wonder if someone was protect by a body guard or changed into a werewolf. Cool.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:07 AM   #37
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
So for old time's sake....let's lynch Lathum.
aarrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-24-2005, 09:10 AM   #38
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. So the body guards and doctors would protect people we'd here about a NO KILL find no one injuried and have to wonder if someone was protect by a body guard or changed into a werewolf. Cool.

Yeah. That's a neat twist.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:12 AM   #39
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
aarrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Was that a wolf howl?

I'm going to guess that Lathum is not a wolf, though it would be fitting if he was since he got kicked out so early last time.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:18 AM   #40
KevinNU7
College Starter

Should be interesting to see where all the game 1 player land this time around.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:03 AM   #41
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Should be interesting to see where all the game 1 player land this time around.

Ya.. probably be a few of us with bullseyes on us because in game one we were villagers so, in this game we just have to be werewolves... that would be bad logic to use..

Oh, and as far as Lathum being lynched on the first night, I think it would take a full confession for me to turn that way again..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #42
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Ya.. probably be a few of us with bullseyes on us because in game one we were villagers so, in this game we just have to be werewolves... that would be bad logic to use..

Oh, and as far as Lathum being lynched on the first night, I think it would take a full confession for me to turn that way again..

So you are protecting Lathum? Could it be that you are both wolves working together?

Hmmm, I guess I haven't quite worked up enough paranoia yet to post that with a straight face.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #43
condors
College Starter

i am alright with speeding the game up a little bit
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:21 AM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I am going out all day (Warped tour baby !!) so if I am quiet it's not because I am out stealing babies. I am a little confused, do we need to vote by 8:00 tonight or are we waiting for the weekend. I may not be home by 7:00 (my time) or should I vote before I go. In about an hour or so?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #45
KevinNU7
College Starter

The game does not start until a villager is killed. So it doesn't look like there will be a vote tonight since all the overnight people are taking forever to PM Peregine
Old 06-24-2005, 10:23 AM   #46
KWhit
Coordinator

The first lynching is always the toughest - you don't have much information to go on.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #47
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
The first lynching is always the toughest - you don't have much information to go on.

The first lynching is the toughest in real life, too. You get used to it after a while.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:31 AM   #48
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Question for Peregine. If I am about to be killed by a werewolf and the bodyguard or doctor come to my rescue do I learn who they are in a PM? Like this, "You were attacked last night but Person X faught off the attack."

At the same time could a werewold get a message "You tried to kill KevinNU7 but were staved off by Person X."

Okay, the only people who can learn the werewolf's identities for sure are the Seer and the Witness. If a Bodyguard prevents the attack, I will assume that the wolves went for Player A's door, saw a large armed person there, and departed into the night with neither side being able to notice or identify the other. So what would be told to the players was that there was no kill. The werewolves will of course know who they were trying to kill and will know they were bodyguarded, but not by who. The players won't be sure if one of three things happened: An attack prevented by the bodyguard, an attack on the cursed, or the wolves just choose not to attack anyone for some reason. If the doctor cures someone then they (and the rest of the villagers) will know who was attacked and healed, but not any of the wolves identities.

It sounds confusing, but I think it's best to limit who can learn about the wolves, there are a lot of humans and I think the game might be slanted their way anyway. So the no kills will provide some additional confusion.

Quote:
Another question. Are you saying that in the opening PM the cursed would have gotten a message saying "You are a villager" and then if they get killed by the wolves they will change sides?

Yes, this is the way this works. If the wolves get lucky they may gain an ally early on (and royally screw up the theories of everyone else) but then again the role of the cursed may never be revealed.

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-24-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:36 AM   #49
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
So you are protecting Lathum? Could it be that you are both wolves working together?

Now.. you know, that I know, that you know.. and I know you know that I know.. that would be waaaayyyy too obvious. You know?

My intentions are pure no werewolf scheme.. just don't want to kill it that quick for Lathum again.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #50
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
So it doesn't look like there will be a vote tonight since all the overnight people are taking forever to PM Peregine

I've heard from everyone but one. If that person chooses soon then we can get in a turn today I think, if not, we'll see.