Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2005, 12:45 AM   #451
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If everyone was worth the same I might agree with you Eaglesfan. However some folks are weighted more than others. Eating the seer is mmuch better than eating Airhog. Of course eating the Cultist would be worse for the wolves than eating Airhog. Plus since basic math says pick Airhog, wouldn't the wolves have to be leary of the bodyguard for just that reason. I am not convinced that we will be lucky tonight.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:46 AM   #452
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
There haven't been any werewolf attacks yet, right?

It would be funny if Peregrine is just messing with us and didn't put any werewolves into this game.
Yeah, either there haven't been any attacks or our bodyguard is doing a damned fine job. If it's option A, that emphasizes the fact that we need to look at folks who have been quiet...seems like they just haven't been around enough to eat anyone. At this point, we've been more dangerous than the wolves have been.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:30 AM   #453
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

dola...

Can't sleep because this effing game has got strategerie thoughts running through my head.

First off: After some reflection, I think Airhog's strategy was very well played. While his efforts to draw comments out of possible wolves seems to have been ineffective, he still took a free shot at a possible wolf and has set himself up as basically an immune vote--there's no chance he'll be lynched now, as he isn't a wolf, and there's little chance he'll be eaten, as the wolves will want to dine on a role that's more helpful (such as the doctor, seer, or bodyguard). Basically we now have a free vote against the wolves...smartly played, Airhog. Just too bad it didn't pay off in forcing a reveal.

The second thing I've been considering is the role of the seer. While this diminishes my potential somewhat, I'm going to try to help us out a bit: I'm not the seer. Because of this, I've been trying to figure out who might be, so I can look to them for clues...after all, if the seer has hit upon a wolf, he'd be trying to direct us to it subtly, right? Now in considering these things, I want to make sure I don't jeopardize our seer's identity, and so I'm not pointing out who accused who of what. But by reading back over things, a little bit of data revealed itself.

To this end I went back through the thread to see if there were any outstanding votes that jumped out at me. Offhand a couple of things did. A handful of us have been tossing out feelers to try and roust any wolfy comments...myself, BrianD, Condors, and Airhog have been the leaders in that particular group. And a handful of folks haven't said much of anything, and have voted at the last minute -- suspicious to a degree, but certainly forgivable considering the correlation between being vocal and getting lynching attention; these would include folks like ntndeacon, McSweeny, Jon, and Swaggs.

The only outstanding votes and/or suspicions I've seen cast at this point have been the following: a handful of accusations towards Neuqua, Desnudo, and Condors. I'm assuming that after the first night the seer would have viewed me to verify that I wasn't a wolf, considering how the vote went down. With the Airhog strategy the bandwagon gathered steam early, and so the seer might not have been able to point us in the right direction right away...likewise, he wouldn't have burned a view on Airhog, considering that he was a lock to be lynched.

So I guess all of this thinking comes down to this: it's certainly possible that our seer hasn't hit upon a wolf yet, and so we'll have to keep our antenna up for the subtle broadcast. But if he has, we might need to take a closer look at some of the outlying folks...or at the very least hear a little bit more from them.

Lord knows if any of this rambling is useful in helping us to divine who the furries are, but since I've got insomnia, I figured it'd be better to ramble here than in my head.

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-27-2005 at 03:38 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:47 AM   #454
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can't sleep because this effing game has got strategerie thoughts running through my head

I suggest watching The Thing to calm your nerves.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-27-2005 at 03:48 AM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:50 AM   #455
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I suggest watching The Thing to calm your nerves.
Heh...mostly I'm just chalking it up to the fact that I was in the emergency room until 5:30 am last night with my girlfriend (she seems to be ok, but was a tense evening) and slept into the afternoon...system hasn't adjusted to the time. Glad I'm on a teaching schedule right now rather than an 8-5 job, though.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:54 AM   #456
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well I'm usually alone on the boards this time of night since I work midnight-8 am. So insomnia is fine with me.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:56 AM   #457
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Well, at least we're keeping graveyard shift watch over the Carolinas, eh?

Edit: Oh, and since the video store is closed: here's a link to the script for The Thing, in case anyone wants to be unnerved.

Last edited by NoMyths : 06-27-2005 at 03:59 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:02 AM   #458
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah The Thing is a real classic, it's pretty much the best portrayal of the effects of paranoia on a small, isolated group that I've ever seen.

Charleston is a nice place to be, except in the summer. My brother went to C of C.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 AM   #459
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

huh.. interesting. Would have expected the next nights moves to have been posted by the time I logged on this morning. Unfortunately, not a whole lotta information that we can glean from this other than someone is slow in getting their nightly moves in.. Have to put it in the mental banks for later in the game. If play suddenly speeds up after a lynching or eating then we could use that information against the wolves. Of course, guess the opposite is true...

Not sure about anyone else but, I'm waiting for this night turn to end so I can make some comments related to Airhog...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:14 AM   #460
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm hesitant to skip the last people I haven't heard from, but I don't want to burn the whole day waiting for them. I'll give them another 45 minutes or so and then post the results.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:46 AM   #461
KevinNU7
College Starter

We need to set PM deadlines, this is getting silly
Old 06-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #462
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I agree, PM deadlines should be in place. I'll think about what they should be. Probably midnight or something, and if there's a problem, send your action to me earlier, make it conditional if you think you really can't be around.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:57 AM   #463
condors
College Starter

taps foot
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #464
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The night passes slowly, many of you are haunted by strange dreams and spend the night tossing and turning. In the morning, cold sunlight fills the halls of the old manor. You are hungry, and there is not enough food, though there is plenty of wine. The Duke in particular seems to have started his battle with the bottle quite early. He is quite alive, for all his predictions. You count heads and realize that tonight, someone is indeed missing. You travel room to room largely as a group, afraid of what you might find. In one small room, more of a closet than a bedroom, you find the remains of McSweeny, slashed to ribbons. Even worse is you see that his room is filled with scribbled notes and journals, apparently he has been travelling the halls at night, watching. It's painfully obvious that he was the Witness!

Day Turn 3

Jon
Swaggs
TazFTW - Lynched on Day 2 (villager)
Airhog - Duke
NoMyths
Qwikshot
Neuqua
ntndeacon
McSweeny - killed on Night 3 (Witness)
Shorty - Lynched on Day 1 (villager)
Kwhit
Mustang
BrianD
Condors
Eaglesfan
GWB
KevinNU7
Desnudo
Lathum

Cast your votes by 8 PM EST
Old 06-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #465
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

That is a shame, we could have used his talents later. Looks like Airhog's plan worked for him. He isn't worth eating yet.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:11 AM   #466
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You guys give Airhog too much credit .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #467
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
You guys give Airhog too much credit .
Or not enough. He is still alive and drinking, err, I mean kicking.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:23 AM   #468
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Heh yeah, but I doubt he had this whole thing planned out. He was just having some fun and is probably happy with what he stumbled in to .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:28 AM   #469
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Hmm.. anything McSweeny said that could have lead to his being uncovered as a witness or was it just a completely lucky pick for the wolves?

I'd agree, Airhog seemed like the choice to make given that he is really an advantage to us right now as no one will vote for him but, he still has a vote. Was hoping the wolves would come to that conclusion and maybe the witness could get one in the action.. In hindsight, seems the last few nights have had a few targets that were high likely bodyguard/witness types to be viewed. Maybe Neuqua was protected and that pushed the wolves to do something completely random??
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 AM   #470
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
The second thing I've been considering is the role of the seer. While this diminishes my potential somewhat

Odd statement, reduces your potential for??

I'd agree, there is a good chance the seer probably viewed you given the voting the first night. Unfortunately, given the way that the voting went with Airhog the person that was the seer didn't have much of an opportunity to jump ship without drawing attention to themselves.. I know Qwik voted for Neuqua.. trying to tell us something?? Wolves wouldn't have killed off someone that voted different than Airhog would have been way too easy to detect.. especially if Neuqua was a werewolf.. he knows he would be suspect #1...
Old 06-27-2005, 09:45 AM   #471
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Hmm.. anything McSweeny said that could have lead to his being uncovered as a witness or was it just a completely lucky pick for the wolves?

I'd agree, Airhog seemed like the choice to make given that he is really an advantage to us right now as no one will vote for him but, he still has a vote. Was hoping the wolves would come to that conclusion and maybe the witness could get one in the action.. In hindsight, seems the last few nights have had a few targets that were high likely bodyguard/witness types to be viewed. Maybe Neuqua was protected and that pushed the wolves to do something completely random??

I'm guessing McSweeny was a random kill, and it is a pretty good one. There is nothing that points to him, and nobody had a beef with him. Our job didn't get any easier with this one.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:48 AM   #472
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Odd statement, reduces your potential for??

I'd agree, there is a good chance the seer probably viewed you given the voting the first night. Unfortunately, given the way that the voting went with Airhog the person that was the seer didn't have much of an opportunity to jump ship without drawing attention to themselves.. I know Qwik voted for Neuqua.. trying to tell us something?? Wolves wouldn't have killed off someone that voted different than Airhog would have been way too easy to detect.. especially if Neuqua was a werewolf.. he knows he would be suspect #1...

I thought the wolves might go after Qwik because he voted for somebody other than Airhog. It would seem to be a good way to throw suspicion on Neuqua like suspicion was thrown on me last time. I wonder if Neuqua is a wolf and that is why they didn't eat Qwik?
Old 06-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I'm guessing McSweeny was a random kill, and it is a pretty good one. There is nothing that points to him, and nobody had a beef with him. Our job didn't get any easier with this one.
I agree. I think the thought process was this:

There is pressure on one of the werewolves, maybe they decided to do a random killing as opposed to killing someone who is heading in the right direction. It would definantly cause more confusion and not really give anything away. I'm not ready to accuse anyone just yet though.

Last edited by Lathum : 06-27-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #474
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
It would seem to be a good way to throw suspicion on Neuqua like suspicion was thrown on me last time. I wonder if Neuqua is a wolf and that is why they didn't eat Qwik?

Possibility.. would account for why Qwik wasn't eaten. Anyone paying attention to the last game would have seen the ramifications of doing that again right away..
Old 06-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #475
condors
College Starter

how do you get the thread stats?

like who posted how much

I am leaning towards those who have said nothing as prime wolf canidates

try and stay below the radar type thing
Old 06-27-2005, 10:06 AM   #476
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was just voting elsewhere because I correctly assumed Airhog to be the duke, and I didn't want to be picked by him as a retaliation hanging...Airhog basically did a shot in the dark and failed, I'm leaning that he really had no idea, it could have been anyone of us.

I don't think Neuqua is a wolf, I've stated that, I picked him because it was the least likely to cause any conflict (as opposed to say, picking someone else whom I had assumptions on).

So the witness is dead before he could witness anything, sucks for the villagers.

But if you guys are that paranoid, you can follow my lead from last vote, and vote Neuqua.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #477
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So the witness is dead before he could witness anything, sucks for the villagers.

slip of the tounge?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #478
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
how do you get the thread stats?

like who posted how much

I am leaning towards those who have said nothing as prime wolf canidates

try and stay below the radar type thing

You get them by clicking on the number listed under the "Replies" column in the main forum.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:34 AM   #479
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
slip of the tounge?

It is tongue.

And no, I was thinking in relation to werewolves vs villagers.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #480
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's a shame that the Wolves got the witness before he could tell us anything useful. In scrolling through our notes (this thread), I don't see any useful information from him. Anyone see anything that we are missing in his notes?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #481
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The Witness is a one-shot role in terms of witnessing an attack, I just assumed that he would be skulking around the halls the rest of the time. No new information there unfortunately
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #482
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
It's a shame that the Wolves got the witness before he could tell us anything useful. In scrolling through our notes (this thread), I don't see any useful information from him. Anyone see anything that we are missing in his notes?

I think McSweeny was out much this weekend...which could account for his lack of input. Do witnesses get to see after a successful werewolf attack, or any attack?
Old 06-27-2005, 10:38 AM   #483
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm, that is suspicious. I and most of my fellow villagers talk about us villagers. However, Quikshot talks about the villagers.. That is suspicious.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #484
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was thinking aloud, I believe in my past statements, I used "us". Take it for what you will, I'm not a wolf.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #485
KevinNU7
College Starter

McSweeny only has 5 posts
Old 06-27-2005, 10:40 AM   #486
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Oh it's Qwikshot...I think Quikshot, does an injustice to Quiksand, as I am nowhere near as brilliant as he.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:50 AM   #487
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Oh it's Qwikshot...I think Quikshot, does an injustice to Quiksand, as I am nowhere near as brilliant as he.
spelling police
Old 06-27-2005, 11:01 AM   #488
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Better to be the spelling police, than the grammar police who I think have a harder job, though both are far better than the fashion police.

Let me repeat

I am not a werewolf.

I knew Airhog was the duke because his hints were hardly subtle.

I know Neuqua is not a werewolf, well, maybe I don't know this for a fact, but I think so, but I could be wrong.

I'm more inclined to think that our furry friends (if there is more than one) are in the quiet.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #489
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would also like to proudly proclaim:

I am not a werewolf

(don't be the last)
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:07 AM   #490
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I would also like to proudly proclaim:

I am not a werewolf

(don't be the last)

ROFL
Old 06-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #491
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Better to be the spelling police, than the grammar police who I think have a harder job, though both are far better than the fashion police.

All of which pale incomparison to being the dream police. Now there's a tough job.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:14 AM   #492
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm more inclined to think that our furry friends (if there is more than one) are in the quiet.

I'd assume based on the ratios of the last game that there are 3 or 4 starting plus an unknown # of cursed. Worst case scenario, if the first 2 nights were cursed victims, we are looking at 5 or 6 wolves currently???
Old 06-27-2005, 11:15 AM   #493
condors
College Starter

I am not a werewolf

but saying your not really doesn't mean anything imho
Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 AM   #494
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie
All of which pale incomparison to being the dream police. Now there's a tough job.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:23 AM   #495
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Airhog - 16 (TazFTW, KevinNU7, Eaglesfan27, NoMyths, Lathum, George W Bush, BrianD,Jon, KWhit, condors, Mustang, ntndeacon, Desnudo, McSweeny, Neuqua, Swaggs)

TazFTW - 1 (Airhog)

Neuqua - 1 (Qwikshot)

Okay, let's look at this...it's painfully obvious, the furry ones joined the Airhog bandwagon, Airhog made it easy for them, what I find more distressing is that majority of us, villagers also went that way. Everyone is afraid of going against the grain because it implies questioning their motives, my motives are clear and precise.

Taz died as a result of Airhog's deduction (I have yet to forumulate on what grounds Airhog had for this accusation)(edit-motive deduced below, Taz was first to accuse Airhog).

Everyone is saying my voting against the group is dangerous, but if anything, I am proving that I'm not a wolf, the wolf was voting with the majority because it was the easiest way not to gain suspicion, this was our greatest failure as villagers.

While we were all joining in voting Airhog's death, who was the most vocal in doing so?

Taz started the run, and I think that is why Airhog picked him...

Next up was KevinNU7, faulting Airhog's strategy, and then voting for him to be lynched.

Then surprisingly for one who I felt was serious about deduction, Eaglesfan27 joined in. I thought someone like him wouldn't be so apt to go with the flow, unless maybe it was to hide something. He did this a mere 7 minutes after following KevinNU7's lead.
So quick to hang someone.

6 minutes later, NoMyths chimed in, with a rather "go with the majority" rejoinder, he later wrote a long monologue analyzing the choices, but I think that may have simply been a ruse to cover such a quick decision to hang Airhog.

2 minutes later, Lathum picks Airhog, the dominos are falling, everyone is picking Airhog. I concur with his statement, mob mentality is kicking in.

5 minutes later, GWB decides to join in the mob, going with the reasoning that the rantings of a mad duke is enough to do him in.

Rather fast and furious, BrianD finishes up the assualt in the assault on Airhog a few minutes later (I would have to hit the link and thus lose what I wrote).

I think your furry friends are part of this group...I'd bet on it. I'd be very careful with any of them.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-27-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #496
condors
College Starter

good stuff Qwikshot
Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #497
McSweeny
College Starter

well it's a shame i got eaten so early, i was planning on witnessing the next kill so we'd at least have a line on one of the wolves. And yes my lack of participation was due to the fact that i was not around for most of the weekend
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #498
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
good stuff Qwikshot

Are you saying that because you are part of that group

Seriously, one or two of those six is a wolf.

Not saying that a wolf could have joined in afterwards, but they were just so fast and furious to do Airhog in and then even afterward when we knew there was a possibility that he was duke, nobody changed their vote. I find that perplexing.

The truth is there, just look at the vote times. You got a wolf in there.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 06-27-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:32 AM   #499
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
well it's a shame i got eaten so early, i was planning on witnessing the next kill so we'd at least have a line on one of the wolves. And yes my lack of participation was due to the fact that i was not around for most of the weekend

Absence makes the heart grow...deader?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:33 AM   #500
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Qwik's reasoning is pretty sound.

That said, part of the reason that everyone piled on Airhog was because some of us believed he may have wanted out of the game. At the time, I hadn't even considered the possibility of him being the Duke, as I wasn't sure the Duke could save himself.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote