Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #601
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wolves party too much for the Super Bowl and not get an attack in?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #602
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

They could be playing a numbers game but I'll wait to see if anything special happened this morning before going into that.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #603
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to go back through some Saldana posts now, but one thing that I did see is that Saldana was pretty eager to go after EF for his role reveal.

This is nudging me a little closer to trusting EF. Not quite there yet, but closer than I was before the lynch on Friday.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #604
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm waiting for Chief's reveal, expecting confirmation on me/Darth or J23. For cunning I'm about 70% on Eagle. 20% on Hoops. 10% on Danny.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #605
hoopsguy
General Manager

Day 2:
Originally Posted by The Jackal
ntn - 6 - (DV 194, CR 197, J23 227, PF 238, saldana 241, Lathum 244)
saldana - 5 - (EF 195, jeff 199, Danny 223, hoops 232, DT 234)
Lathum - 1- (ntn 214)

Day 2 Saldana vote - he was saved by villagers, as has been previously pointed out by Chief. But that also suggests that they were either willing to discard him on D2 or that they were already locked earlier.

Even if we think J23 is the brutal, I think we are at the point where we are voting for him today. DV has a vouch from Jeff, and Jeff has a good vote on the Saldana vote to help generate additional trust.

Will wait to see what Chief Rum has for results today, but J23 seems like the vote today.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #606
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I'm waiting for Chief's reveal, expecting confirmation on me/Darth or J23. For cunning I'm about 70% on Eagle. 20% on Hoops. 10% on Danny.

I would move those percentages to include the possibility that all 3 of us are good and that the cunning has not been scanned. I don't know how much you should move the numbers, but it should be at least a 1% chance.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #607
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Even if we think J23 is the brutal, I think we are at the point where we are voting for him today. DV has a vouch from Jeff, and Jeff has a good vote on the Saldana vote to help generate additional trust.

I disagree with that completely. We take out Brutal they take 3 out before tomorrow. We need to get cunning now.

Quote:
I would move those percentages to include the possibility that all 3 of us are good and that the cunning has not been scanned. I don't know how much you should move the numbers, but it should be at least a 1% chance.

Who's left to be scanned? Are you including me and Darth?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #608
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

As a side note, quite honestly I could care less about the voting patterns the first few days. Friday and today is crunch time and is where the important info is. First few days it's just worthless information, Wolves just generating confusion without much pressure.

Pressure's on now and they need to affect an outcome, not just confuse. This is real information. This included your first few posts so far today hoops .

Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #609
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jeff, there is a possibility that there is only one wolf left - that Ozy has cunning/brutal to go with his other powers.

I'm up for other candidates than J23, but the numbers strongly suggest he is a wolf and we have varying degrees of trust for most of the remaining players in the game. I would take the wolf in hand with the potential for ending the game if it was my call.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #610
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

True on the unknown powers, overlooked that. Going to wait for Chief.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:16 AM   #611
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Putting this out as a place holder, subject to change is anything dramatic happened last night.

vote J23
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #612
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Kind of quiet in here this morning. I'll check back in here when I can, but will be tied up most of the afternoon (unless meetings change). Will probably be online for a while tonight (need to run another NFL WC game for that dynasty thread but will be in and out of this thread as well).
Old 02-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #613
hoopsguy
General Manager

I know Chief's work schedule means that his time @ FOFC can be a little bit erratic, but obviously a lot of us are waiting to see what results he might be able to share.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #614
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm getting bored waiting for Chief to check in. Not blaming him, as I know what his work schedule can be like but we still have a game to play today even if he doesn't arrive.

I'll revisit this if new information emerges, but for now,
VOTE J23
Old 02-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #615
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also hoping PF shows up to say if he had a role in the "no kill" last night.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #616
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Still questioning logic of killing J23 tonight.

What are people's thoughts in a potential conversion power for Ozy?

Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #617
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hey everyone, sorry for the wait. I unfortunately can't use an excuse; I am off of work today for work reasons (yeah, try to figure that out, company's trying to give out these "days off" in lieu of laying people off, ugh...). I was running some scans on my computer over night and they weren't finished when I got up, so I just read a book for a bit until they finished.

Frankly, I assumed I would be dead here, so didn't rush back.

Okay, now's the news you have been waiting for: J23 is a wolf.

VOTE J23

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #618
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

As for the problem of killing the brutal, which, presumably, J23 is, the issue there is that no matter what we do, I find it unlikely we can save Darth. He was probably protected last night by PF, which means he can't be protected tonight. So even if we stay away from J23 and his brutal power in the lynch, we're still looking at losing Darth and jeff at once with a night kill.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #619
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There is nothing in the rules about that. Not saying it then can't exist, but I would imagine any unknown powers wouldn't be of the game-changing variety like that.

For instance, PF's unknown power seems to have been to inherit the BG's powers. Well, we knew the BG's powers were in the game; the only thing we didn't know was that they could transfer.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #620
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So it comes down to do we lynch J23 tonight and likely be short by 3 villagers tomorrow. Everyone seems to be siding with this line of thinking.

So tomorrow we'll most likely have:
Packer
Danny
Eagle
Hoops
Chief

Say, and I'm only picking this at random, we Lynch Eagle tomorrow

Then left with the following for a 2nd try:
Packer
Danny
Hoops

So 2 tries to find the remaining. People confident in that? I'm leaning towards being ok with hit. Mostly becuase I'm more and more torn on Hoops and Eagle.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #621
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I'm pretty sure our moderator has stated that conversions are not part of this game. Can go hunting in thread to confirm it.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #622
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
There is nothing in the rules about that. Not saying it then can't exist, but I would imagine any unknown powers wouldn't be of the game-changing variety like that.

For instance, PF's unknown power seems to have been to inherit the BG's powers. Well, we knew the BG's powers were in the game; the only thing we didn't know was that they could transfer.

Precisely the kind of feedback I was looking for, I'll take your word on that.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #623
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
(There are no conversions in this game, the Cultist merely wins with the wolves, should he be in the game)

There it is, in ugly purple font
Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #624
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
As for the problem of killing the brutal, which, presumably, J23 is, the issue there is that no matter what we do, I find it unlikely we can save Darth. He was probably protected last night by PF, which means he can't be protected tonight. So even if we stay away from J23 and his brutal power in the lynch, we're still looking at losing Darth and jeff at once with a night kill.

Well not matter what I and Darth are likely dead tonight. Pending anything unexpected from Packer. Only question is if we lose a third as well, which is what killed the brutal would do.

Brutal kills Darth and I, then a third lost to night kill. Alternative being Darth and I for the night kill and nothing else.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #625
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So it comes down to do we lynch J23 tonight and likely be short by 3 villagers tomorrow. Everyone seems to be siding with this line of thinking.

So tomorrow we'll most likely have:
Packer
Danny
Eagle
Hoops
Chief

Say, and I'm only picking this at random, we Lynch Eagle tomorrow

Then left with the following for a 2nd try:
Packer
Danny
Hoops

So 2 tries to find the remaining. People confident in that? I'm leaning towards being ok with hit. Mostly becuase I'm more and more torn on Hoops and Eagle.

Math in my head has us at 6-2 today. If we kill J23 today and he takes Darth and then you with Darth, that puts us at 4-1. Then if the wolves get their nightkill, 3-1 going into tomorrow.

So tomorrow will actually be the only chance.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #626
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If that happens, it will probably come down to Eagle versus hoops.

I am actually leaning toward making that discussion happen today. Let me crunch the numbers...

Old 02-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #627
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If we lynch EF or hoops today and whichever one we lynch is a villager, then we go to 5-2. Then the wolves kill Darth and jeff, and we go to 3-2 tomorrow.

So we're in end game there, also. If we kill J23 there, he takes a villager and it's 2-1. The cunning takes out a villager and the wolves win.

So either way, we have one more day after today, barring a PF BG protect.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #628
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The question becomes do we want to decide the cunning among us today or wait until tomorrow? I would actually recommend today, while there are more of us villagers. We will be less open to manipulation.

BTW, not that there was any doubt, but we can now confirm the cunning is in the game. The brutal was always going to be in the game; the question was whether the brutal and cunning would be one in the same. Since J23 is almost certainly the brutal, given what was happening on Friday, but I was able to scan him as evil (so he's not the cunning), that certainly means the cunning is present.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #629
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm fine with that discussion today, if everyone thinks it is the way to go. But I also think it leads us back to a discussion on what the starting numbers would look like for this game.

14 players, do you think 3 wolves + cultist would be realistic?

I'm coming around to the idea that both me + EF (and Danny) might be good, and that it started with 2 wolves + cultist.

I don't know either way, but I do know I'll be interested in seeing the game balance at the end when knowing what roles were in/out for this one, as well as the "unknown" capabilities of the two top guys.

2 wolves + cultist feels like a bit mountain to climb, with the powers available to Dr. Manhatten. But 3 wolves + cultist has potential to be a very quick game with a couple of bad early lynches. Again, no idea how this sorts out but this is what I've been mulling over the weekend and while considering what to do about the cunning wolf.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:23 PM   #630
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BTW, while I don't think he should say where he's going with his protection, I would recommend PF use his protective ability on some he's not expected to need to protect tomorrow, like jeff for instance. This way, he will have complete protective powers, even on himself, if it comes down to a nightkill for the game, and give the wolves that much more difficulty in winning it, should they get the lynches they want the next two days.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #631
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ah, Chief - guess post #628 answers the stuff that I was bandying about with potential for cunning/brutal to be one and the same.

Well, I'm not really sure how to argue my villagerness but if there is a case to be made against EF I can start looking at the voting records and see where Saldana + J23 fell relative to him.

I would be careful about giving Danny a 100% free pass, even though I've been leaning towards EF all game long.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #632
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm fine with that discussion today, if everyone thinks it is the way to go. But I also think it leads us back to a discussion on what the starting numbers would look like for this game.

I'm coming around to the idea that both me + EF (and Danny) might be good, and that it started with 2 wolves + cultist.

I don't know either way, but I do know I'll be interested in seeing the game balance at the end when knowing what roles were in/out for this one, as well as the "unknown" capabilities of the two top guys.

2 wolves + cultist feels like a bit mountain to climb, with the powers available to Dr. Manhatten. But 3 wolves + cultist has potential to be a very quick game with a couple of bad early lynches. Again, no idea how this sorts out but this is what I've been mulling over the weekend and while considering what to do about the cunning wolf.

I'll leave that discussion for you guys, I don't have much of a feel for these numbers.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #633
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There are a lot of villager roles in this one, though, which also had the potential to become cleared villagers. Plus, one of the two most powerful villager roles, essentially survives a death.

I think 14 was a tricky number for The Jackal to balance, but if I had to guess with what we know now, I would say it's far more likely to have three wolves & cultist over two wolves & cultist. And that's even besides the fact I could scan J23 as a wolf (see previous post).

Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #634
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ah, Chief - guess post #628 answers the stuff that I was bandying about with potential for cunning/brutal to be one and the same.

Well, I'm not really sure how to argue my villagerness but if there is a case to be made against EF I can start looking at the voting records and see where Saldana + J23 fell relative to him.

I would be careful about giving Danny a 100% free pass, even though I've been leaning towards EF all game long.

Actually, I would be very unlikely to vote for you.

On the pivotal vote of Day Two between saldana and ntndeacon, when they were tied 3-3, in the last hour, DT voted sal up 4-3. You then shortly after voted sal up to 5-3. 4-3 was very much in doubt; saldana had not yet even vote switched to protect himself. 5-3, and it looks like the wolves needed help to protect sal.

I find that to be a very unlikely vote for you to have made if you are the cunning.

Pretty much all of our evidence points to EF as the cunning. I am fine testing that theory.

UNVOTE J23
VOTE EAGLEFAN

Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #635
hoopsguy
General Manager

I just double-checked to make sure we've got a role claim from everyone, and we do for all except Danny who is Rum-cleared.

Since we've got two wolves left, and more or less everyone has claimed something (I've claimed vanilla, in my very first post after the game started, for those scoring at home) I'm all for going after the cunning now if we have two shots.

UNVOTE J23
VOTE EAGLEFAN
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #636
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Vote EagleFan

I pinned Saldana as a non-brutal yesterday almost solely based off how I would expect Eagle to behave as a wolf. Strong enough evidence for me right now.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM   #637
J23
College Benchwarmer

Clearly Chief is a wolf and the real seer role didn't make it into the game. I mean, the wolves know who the villagers are and what roles aren't in the game, so it's easy to fake. I was just minding my own business basking in the glory of the Liverpool v. Chelsea game this past weekend and I come back to this assault on my character.

vote Chief Rum
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #638
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

lol. I was wondering how you'd respond. Good show .

Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #639
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Clearly Chief is a wolf and the real seer role didn't make it into the game. I mean, the wolves know who the villagers are and what roles aren't in the game, so it's easy to fake. I was just minding my own business basking in the glory of the Liverpool v. Chelsea game this past weekend and I come back to this assault on my character.

vote Chief Rum

Old 02-07-2011, 03:24 PM   #640
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was just minding my own business basking in the glory of the Liverpool v. Chelsea game this past weekend and I come back to this assault on my character.

hey jackal, can i please vote for J23 based on this post.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #641
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
hey jackal, can i please vote for J23 based on this post.

I'm an arsenal fan, you two can beat each other up for all I care!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #642
J23
College Benchwarmer

Saldana, don't tell me you're a Chelski fan like Hoops.

Jackal, I'll just try to pretend Arsenal didn't play this last weekend for your sake.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #643
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

vote Chief Rum

Can I vote for him a 2nd time?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #644
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oops, voting for the cunning instead of the brutal. Very solid attempt to goad me into voting for you
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #645
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thee wolves actually turned the numbers game to them a little better with no kill last night. If they had a kill and it gets to 2-1 with myself, hoops and Danny they can then only win if I am the choice for a lynch.

You're making a stupid move by going after me but it you want to lose the game go for it. I'm an Eagles fan so I am used to seeing my team choke in the end...

Ask yourself why the heat turned up on me after my reveal. Because the wolves can't afford to have me around at the end and they are backed into a corner where they can't night kill me. Then ask yourself who turned that heat up. saldana and hoops.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #646
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If we want to win this thing we might as well go this route.

unvote J23

vote hoops
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #647
Danny
Head Coach

Catching up
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #648
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Numbers to think about...

6-2 now...

If you go vote me out it will be 3-2 after the morning and then you have to nail the cunning or it's game over.

6-2 now and if we vote hoops out it will either be 4-1 or 3-2. Obviously with it 4-1 we win as we have J23 next.

If it's 3-2 we can still win by voting J23 out. If he brutals me it will be 2-1 against Danny and game over for the village. If he brutals the "lovers" it will be 1-1 and my role comes into play, a no win situation for them.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #649
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You wake up and once more find all of your numbers intact. Divine providence? Luck? Or something sinister?

Day five begins!

Nice!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #650
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I just double-checked to make sure we've got a role claim from everyone, and we do for all except Danny who is Rum-cleared.

Since we've got two wolves left, and more or less everyone has claimed something (I've claimed vanilla, in my very first post after the game started, for those scoring at home) I'm all for going after the cunning now if we have two shots.

UNVOTE J23
VOTE EAGLEFAN

Pretty obvious, but I am vanilla.