Old 10-08-2020, 09:59 PM   #101
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 3, July 1983
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)

Pre Show Match
--Moondog Spot def. Dare Bergeron in 6:55 by pinfall following a running elbow drop. (D+, 48)

Pre Show Match
--Phil Hickerson def. Bill Mulkey (one night deal) in 7:03 by pinfall following a piledriver. (D, 45)

Pre Show Match
--Terry Taylor def. George South (one night deal) in 7:24 by pinfall following a Five Arm. (D-, 37)

--Randy Savage def. Jerry Oates in 9:11 by pinfall following a flying elbow drop. (C+, 68) After the match, Savage is interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Savage says being aligned in tag teams held him back so for the foreseeable future, he will be strictly a singles wrestler. (B-, 74)

--’Dr. Death’ Steve Williams def. The Spoiler in 9:54 by pinfall following the Oklahoma Stampede. (B, 78) After the match, Williams hypes his and Barry Windham’s tag match versus the Super Destroyers on Championship Wrestling this Saturday. (B+, 85)

--Rick Rude comes out with his tag partner, Meng, and hypes their upcoming match against Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware. He insults the men in the audience by saying ‘the men around here are the reason they invented double doors’. (C+, 70)

--Rick Rude and Meng w/Jimmy Hart def. Bobby Eaton and Koko Ware in 9:10 by pinfall following a Rude Awakening and ensuing pin by Rude. (B-, 75) After the match, Jimmy Hart tells the fans its just a matter of time before the TV title comes to the First Family.

CWA American Title Match
--The Super Destroyer def. Jimmy Valiant in 12:31 by pinfall following a superplex. (B, 80) After the match, Steve Williams comes out and gets in a staredown with Super Destroyer. (B+, 86)

Show Rating: B, 79

--I release the Moondogs. Spot is becoming a problem backstage and I can’t have one without the other. I also release Buzz Tyler and Lou Winston. The contracts of The Spoiler and Porkchop Cash are expiring and they will not be re-signed.

--I sign Iron Mike Sharpe, Jimmy Golden, and Eddie Gilbert. Both are good workers and have good brawling skills and psychology. However, they will be there for nothing more than to put over other workers. Gilbert is young but talented. His time will come.

--The core of CWA is still there six months into the dynasty: 21 workers and also Lance Russell and Dave Brown, among others. I want to keep the core together as much as possible.

--David Von Erich is the new figurehead for Mid-South Wrestling. Of course, he is the figurehead for World Class and is loyal to them. He is fast becoming one of the most popular wrestlers in America, just as it should have been IRL. In fact, the Von Erichs and Freebirds are all loyal to World Class so any attempts to sign written deals will fail. If all else fails in World Class, you have all day Freebirds vs Von Erichs.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:59 PM   #102
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Championship Wrestling
Saturday, Week 3, July 1983
Nashville, Tennessee
Attendance: 13,361 (Capacity: 15,000)

Pre Show Match
--The Barbarian def. Bobby Fulton in 6:02 by pinfall following the Kick of Fear. (C, 65)

Pre Show Match

--Roger Smith def. Dare Bergeron in 6:36 by pinfall after a piledriver. (C-, 58)

--Lance Russell begins the show by interviewing Greg Valentine and Buzz Sawyer. Valentine lays his claim as the toughest wrestler in the business and Sawyer says that Bill Dundee loves hanging around his royal buddy, Jerry Lawler, because that’s the only way he can move up in the company. (A+, 100)

CWA Television Title Match
--Bobby Eaton def. The Spoiler in 8:18 by pinfall following an Alabama Jam. (B-, 75) Eaton makes his 3rd defense of the TV title.

--After the match, Eaton and his partner, Koko Ware, say that if the First Family wants a fight and the TV title, they can come get it. (B-, 75) Ware hypes his match against Rick Rude later in the show. (B-, 73)

--Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler come out and hype their success as a tag team and their match against the Midnight Express in the main event. (A+, 100) Dundee taunts Greg Valentine, telling Lance Russell that Valentine’s face looks like that because he chews rocks. (A, 92)

--Ricky Morton def. Hercules Hernandez w/Adrian Street in 7:04 after botched interference led to a quick roll up by Morton for the pin. (B-, 75) Hernandez sat incredulous in the ring as Street tried to make his case with him. (C+, 69)

--After the ring clears, Ricky Morton goes over for an interview with Tony Schiavone. Morton says he thinks the Fabulous Ones are great tag team champions but are not unbeatable. (B-, 73)

--Jim Cornette comes out and hypes the Midnight Express’ match against Lawler and Dundee later in the show. He said he’s had work hard to motivate his Dynasty due to their recent string of defeats. Cornette finishes by telling the Nashville fans that if he got all of the fans in the arena together, they might come up with a full set of teeth. (B-, 74)

--Ted DiBiase def. Wendell Cooley in 7:57 by submission after a sleeper. (B-, 76)

--After the match, DiBiase makes his way to the announcers table and is met by Junkyard Dog, who has the world title around his waist. He tells Lance Russell that DiBiase sure likes to talk a lot but isn’t sure if he has what it takes to face him in the ring. (A+, 97) DiBiase accepts JYD’s challenge and says he will be ready for next Saturday’s title change. (A+, 98)

--The Super Destroyers fight ‘Dr. Death’ Steve Williams and Barry Windham to a double disqualifcation in 11:33 after all of the wrestlers got into physical altercations with referee Tommy Young. (B-, 76) The two teams continue fighting to the back to the arena. (B, 79)

--Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart def. Koko Ware in 9:48 by pinfall following a Rude Awakening. (B-, 76)

--After the match, Rude challenges TV champion Bobby Eaton to a match next week and wants him to put his title on the line. (B-, 72) Jimmy Hart chimes in and says he is scouting for new members of the First Family because the Moondogs couldn’t cut it. (B-, 73)

--Buzz Sawyer w/Jimmy Hart def. Porkchop Cash in 6:44 by pinfall following a diving splash. (B-, 75) Greg Valentine comes out and congratulates Sawyer on his victory as they taunt the crowd on their way to the back. (A, 90)

--Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee def. The Midnight Express in 16:03 by disqualification when Buzz Sawyer and Greg Valentine interfered. (B+, 88) The Express, Sawyer, and Valentine continue their beatdown on Lawler and Dundee as the show ends. (B-, 75)

Show Rating: A, 90

TV Rating: 0.57 (434,560 viewers)
Old 10-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #103
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 4, July 1983
Valparaiso, Indiana
Attendance: 5,000 (Sell Out)

--Jake Roberts def. Buddy Landel in 10:23 by pinfall following a DDT. (B, 79) After the match, Jake tells the fans he’s heard a few rumors about Ted DiBiase and his plans in the next couple of weeks and says that Junkyard Dog should watch his back. (B+, 84)

--The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express def. Troy Graham and Rip Rogers in 7:59 by pinfall after a double dropkick on Graham. (B-, 74) After the match, Lance Russell interviews the Express. Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson say that the three-way match is in the past and they are moving on but somehow they will regain the tag team titles. (B-, 75)

--Manny Fernandez w/Jim Cornette def. Jerry Oates in 10:39 by pinfall following a Flying Burrito. (B-, 74) Jim Cornette comes over to the announcers table and says that the Cornette Dynasty will be newly focused on winning championships and that if they can’t do it, he will find wrestlers that can, getting a glare from Fernandez. (C+, 68)

--Before his match with Bobby Eaton, Randy Savage gives a scathing promo toward the management of CWA, saying that he will be in no more tag team matches with Manny Fernandez and its Jerry Jarrett and Eddie Marlin’s fault. He says that Jim Cornette is a good salesman but can sometimes be a distraction. (B, 80)

Non-title Match
--Randy Savage def. Bobby Eaton in 13:38 by pinfall following a flying elbow drop. (B, 80) After the match, Savage and Eaton continue fighting back to the dressing rooms. (B-, 72)

Show Rating: B, 80

Game Notes

--All Japan is now on a firing spree. Among those let go include Dory Funk, Jr., Stan Hansen, and The Great Kabuki. I don’t guess I noticed they were close to negative in finances. This shocks me. Perhaps they can right the ship if they reduce some of their production values.

--All of this leaves Stan Hansen unemployed. He worked All Japan and Georgia but has now found himself looking for employment. I’m not sure whether to snatch him or not. Part of the challenge is knowing you have stiff competition to play and sim against. He has been part of five matches rated 96 or higher. He had a run in Memphis in late 1983 and only appeared one time on Saturday TV, choosing to wrestle on Monday nights.

--I will be working the Great Lakes region on Monday nights for the next few weeks. I need 41 popularity to make it five regions at 41 or above, which is the threshold needed for a TV deal that would reach nationwide and medium size. I sit at 37 right now. The current TV deals end in 2 months.

--The Masked Superstar is the new WWF champion and getting the reign he almost received IRL. He defeated Jimmy Snuka for the vacant title. It became vacant when the Magnificent One signed for me.

--I get a notification that Jake Roberts was wasted on drugs in his match with Buddy Landel, which upset Landel, of course. I give him a stern warning and he improved his behavior. He also has loyalty to me now.

--I release Jimmy Valiant, Ray Candy, and Leroy Brown. I’m cutting down the roster a little bit to make some room for the newest signees: the former WWF champion, Don Muraco, and the former Southwest champion, Tully Blanchard.

--It looks like the real 1983 has arrived. The WWF now has a hostile relationship with me. Probably had something to do with me signing their champion. Vince has also stated that his company has hostile relationships with Southwest, Mid-Atlantic, the AWA, and Mid-South.

--The recently released Moondogs have signed with Southwest. Their style should fit in well there. Southwest’s default setting is ‘Texas Blood and Guts”.

--I’m toying with adding a six-man tag team title. I have a loaded roster but only five available belts. I’m like World Class. I love having titles. I will likely add a special tag team tournament in the next few months. It will be something similar to the Crockett Cup and no random tag team drawings.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:34 AM   #104
Chas in Cinti
High School Varsity

Good to see this pop back up in the feed... enjoying it!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #105
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 4, July 1983
Atlanta, Georgia
Attendance: 13,610 (Capacity: 15,000)

Pre Show Match

--Adrian Street def. Dare Bergeron in 6:19 by pinfall following a sleeper. (B-, 75)

Pre Show Match
--The Barbarian def. Terry Taylor in 6:40 by pinfall following the Kick of Fear. (C+, 68)

Pre Show Match
--Wendell Cooley def. King Cobra in 6:58 by pinfall after a Wildcat Slam. (C+, 70)

--Ted DiBiase comes out to start the show. He says he doesn’t know what Jake Roberts is talking about with ‘plans’ but its none of his business anyway. He tells Roberts he will never smell CWA championship gold as long he is here. (B+, 88)

--Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart def. Bobby Eaton in 9:57 by pinfall after Buzz Sawyer distracted referee Jerry Calhoun long enough for Rude to hit a low blow on Eaton followed by a Rude Awakening, seconds ahead of the time limit. (B, 78) Rude wins the CWA Television Title. This is his first reign.

--After the match, Rude is celebrating his victory with First Family member, Buzz Sawyer, when Koko Ware comes out and attacks Rude and Sawyer. (B-, 73) Meng then runs out and helps Sawyer and Rude beat down Eaton and Ware. (C+, 70)

--’Dr. Death’ Steve Williams def. Jimmy Golden in 6:21 by pinfall following a new move called the Doctor Bomb (gut wrench powerbomb). (B-, 75) After the match, Williams and Barry Windham challenge the Super Destroyers to a match at the August event, Dog Days. (B+, 85)

--Lance Russell interviews the Fabulous Ones. They tell Lance Russell that Eddie Marlin had talked to them about having a match with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express for the tag team titles next week but Jim Cornette keeps getting in the way. Stan Lane and Steve Keirn say they really don’t care who they have to go against but Cornette is being annoying. (B, 79)

--The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express def. Roger Smith and Don Bass in 11:31 by pinfall following a missile dropkick by Morton. (B, 82) Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson make their way over to Tony Schiavone for a promo, hyping their possible tag title match versus the Fabulous Ones next week. (B, 79)

--Following the pin, Jim Cornette comes out with his Dynasty and Manny Fernandez hanging way behind Dennis Condrey and Norvell Austin. Cornette says the ‘Toilet Roll Express’ can have their tag team title shot next week but the Midnight Express will get the leftovers at Dog Days and get the belts back around their waists. (B, 77)

--Cornette remains out and hypes Manny Fernandez, saying that people are misinterpreting what he said last week about replacing people in the Dynasty. He said that Fernandez has been loyal from day one and expects it to continue. (B-, 75) Cornette also says that is sounds like Randy Savage has a problem with he and Manny. He tells Savage to show up next week and they can talk about it. (B, 80)

--Junkyard Dog comes out and hypes his world title defense against Ted DiBiase in the main event. He says that when Jake Roberts says ‘watch your back’, the Junkyard Dog listens and will have eyes in the back of his head during the match. (A+, 100)

--Jerry Lawler def. Iron Mike Sharpe in 7:41 by pinfall following a flying fist drop. (B-, 76) After the match, Lawler goes over to Lance Russell for an interview when he is approached by Greg Valentine. Valentine runs down Lawler and challenges him to a 1-on-1 match at Dog Days to see if he can keep up with the Hammer. Lawler accepts the challenge. (A+, 100)

--Jake Roberts def. Super Destroyer #2 in 9:46 by pinfall after a DDT. Barry Windham distracted Super Destroyer long enough for Roberts to get the advantage and pin. (B, 82)

--Buzz Sawyer comes out and taunts Jerry Lawler for accepting Greg Valentine’s challenge. He says that if Bill Dundee is smart, he will just walk away from the challenge he is making to Dundee. (A+, 100) Dundee comes out and accepts Sawyer’s challenge by pushing Lance Russell’s mic into Sawyer’s chest. (A+, 100)

CWA World Heavyweight Title Match
--Junkyard Dog def. Ted DiBiase in 16:22 by disqualification when a debuting Don Muraco attacks JYD from behind as he was readying DiBiase for the Thump. (B+, 88) As Muraco and DiBiase lay boots into JYD, Jake Roberts slides into the ring and helps JYD fend off Muraco and DiBiase. (A, 92) JYD makes his second defense of the CWA World title.

Show Rating: A, 91

TV Rating: 0.56 (424,880 viewers)
Old 11-07-2020, 08:56 PM   #106
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

July Month in Review
--Several signings with the move up to ‘Cult’, including Ted DiBiase, Don Muraco, and Barry Windham. I have one more who is yet to make his debut.

--JYD wins the new CWA World title and the Fabulous Ones win the World Tag Team titles. Super Destroyer #1 is the American champion. The Super Destroyers are good workers but I will likely need to make a decision on them soon.

--Rick Rude wins the Television Title and had a decent run in July. He will given a little more air time now.

--I’m still mulling over Stan Hansen, as he is still unemployed.

--Don Muraco debuts in CWA and immediately aligns with Ted DiBiase against JYD and Jake Roberts.

--Greg Valentine is now Buzz Sawyer’s ally in their feud with Lawler and Dundee. Lawler will have to find a way to get back in the title scene.

--Steve Williams now has Barry Windham watching his back after the Super Destroyers’ numerous attacks on Williams. Williams lost the title unification match to Super Destroyer #1 and is looking to get revenge.

Best Matches of July
**Singles – Junkyard Dog def. Buzz Sawyer for the CWA World title at Red, White, and Bruise. It rated a 99.

**Tag Team – The Fabulous Ones def. The Midnight Express and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express at Red, White, and Bruise, rated a 91.

Best Card of the Month
--Red, White, and Bruise rated a 96.

Finances and Prestige
--It was another productive month financially with a $395,961 profit. This puts CWA at $2,227,071.

--Our prestige sits at 87, an increase of 1 from July 1.

--Our momentum is 93, a decrease of 7 from July 1. There are no regional battles now so momentum is based solely on show rating.

CWA Titles Roll Call

CWA World Heavyweight Champion, 100 prestige
--Junkyard Dog, 2 title defenes, Won July 1983

CWA World Tag Team, 100 prestige
--Fabulous Ones, 1 title defense, Won July 1983

CWA American Heavyweight Champion, 90 prestige
--The Super Destroyer, 1 title defense, Won July 1983

CWA Television Champion, 72 prestige
--Rick Rude, no title defenses, Won July 1983

Last edited by tucking fypo : 11-07-2020 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:17 PM   #107
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Company Rankings ranked in order and change in America from January 1 with world ranking in parentheses. Listed below each promotion is the company champion.

1. Georgia Championship Wrestling, +2 (1), Cult
--NWA National Heavyweight, Masked Superstar

2. Championship Wrestling Association, +7 (5), Cult
--CWA World Heavyweight, Junkyard Dog

3. World Wrestling Federation, +2, (6), Regional
--WWF Heavyweight, Masked Superstar

4. World Class Championship Wrestling, -2, (7), Regional
--NWA Texas Heavyweight, David Von Erich

5. Southwest Championship Wrestling, +3 (8), Regional
--SWCW Heavyweight, Dick Slater

6. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, -4 (10), Regional
--NWA World Heavyweight, Ric Flair
--NWA United States Heavyweight, Vacant

7. Mid-South Wrestling, -1, (12), Regional
--North American Heavyweight, Vacant

8. American Wrestling Association, -1 (14), Regional
--AWA World Heavyweight, Wahoo McDaniel

9. Championship Wrestling from Florida, -5 (16), Regional
--NWA Florida Heavyweight, Bob Orton, Jr.

10. Pacific Northwest Wrestling, NC (17), Regional
--NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight, Roddy Piper

11. Southeastern Championship Wrestling, +3 (21), Regional
--NWA Southeastern Heavyweight, Tommy Rich

12. World Wrestling Association, +1 (24), Small
--WWA World Heavyweight, Greg Wojokowski

--We remain at #2 in America and 5th in the world. We have been swapping world ranks with the WWF throughout the month.

--Southwest continues to slide down the rankings but on the upside for them, they have pulled out of debt and are sitting at $37,052. The cut in production values helped them as they are still running five shows per month. They are a long way from ‘Cult’ status, however.

American companies in the red
World Wrestling Association at -$398,873 and Southeastern at -$177,093

Other companies in the red
All-Star Wrestling (Al Tomko) is at -$173,580.

Atlantic Grand Prix sits at -$268,503.

All Japan has pulled back in the black at $37,543.

CMLL continues to be the richest company in the world right now with $3.65 million. World Class is the richest American company at $2.57 million.

A new company has emerged, Spotlight Association of Wrestling. It was created in-game and is based in Japan. It’s key feature is a mix of traditional and lucha libre. Interesting.

Other champions from around the world
All-Japan – NWA International Heavyweight, Jumbo Tsuruta

Calgary Stampede Wrestling - CSW North American Heavyweight, Leo Burke

CMLL – NWA World Middleweight, Rayo de Jalisco

Maple Leaf Wrestling – NWA Canadian Heavyweight, Raymond Rougeau

New Japan – NWA World Junior Heavyweight, Super Strong Machine (Nunji Hirata)
Old 11-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #108
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Franchise Players
Ted DiBiase
Buzz Sawyer
Jerry Lawler
Don Muraco
Junkyard Dog

Most Popular Workers in America
1. Andre the Giant
2. Wahoo McDaniel
3. Superstar Billy Graham
6. Junkyard Dog
21. Greg Valentine
31. Don Muraco
33. Ted DiBiase
37. Buzz Sawyer
40. Steve Williams
57. Bill Dundee
58. Manny Fernandez
64. Jake Roberts
74. The Super Destroyer (Scott Irwin)
98. Jerry Lawler

**I don’t know how I’ve missed seeing Bill Dundee. He couldn’t have jumped from beyond the Top 100 right in at #57.

Most Popular Workers in the World

1. Andre the Giant
2. Harley Race
3. Superstar Billy Graham
14. “Dr. Death” Steve Williams
72. Don Muraco
78. Junkyard Dog
81. Ted DiBiase
95. Buzz Sawyer
100. Greg Valentine
Old 11-08-2020, 09:20 PM   #109
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

CWA Monday Night Tour
Monday, Week 1, August 1983
Birmingham, Alabama
Attendance: 27,227 (Capacity: 30,000)

Pre Show Match
--Jimmy Golden def. Ben Spratt (one night deal) in 6:17 by pinfall following a spike piledriver. (C, 61)

Pre Show Match
--Troy Graham def. Dare Bergeron in 7:08 by submission after a sleeper. (D+, 48)

--Jake Roberts def. Sabu the Wildman in 7:28 by pinfall following a DDT. (B-, 75) Following the match, Tony Schiavone interviews Roberts. Roberts says that he knew that Ted DiBiase was up to no good but wasn’t expecting to see Don Muraco. (B+, 88)

CWA American Heavyweight Title
--The Super Destroyer def. Wendell Cooley in 8:57 by pinfall following a superplex. (B-, 73) The Super Destroyer makes his second defense of the American title.

--’Dr. Death’ Steve Williams and Barry Windham come out and hype their tag match in the main event against Buzz Sawyer and Greg Valentine. They say this match is a warmup to what the Super Destroyers will have to go through. (B+, 85)

--Don Muraco def. Eddie Gilbert in 10:15 by pinfall following the Hawaiian Hammer (tombstone piledriver). After the match, Muraco tells the fans that they know what a real world champion looks like and it looks magnificant. (A, 94)

--Jerry Lawler comes out and hypes his upcoming match versus Randy Savage. He says that Savage should’ve never associated himself with Jim Cornette or Jimmy Hart. For that alone, he says, is enough to question his intelligence. (A+, 100)

--Jerry Lawler def. Randy Savage in 15:36 by a quick pin following botched interference by Manny Fernandez on Savage. (B+, 87) After Lawler leaves, Savage screams and points at Cornette and Manny that he will be talking to them Saturday. (B-, 76)

--Buzz Sawyer and Greg Valentine make their way out and wonder why they are facing a couple of rednecks. They say that the midget and the crown boy might not be any better. (A+, 100)

--Buzz Sawyer and Greg Valentine drew with ‘Dr. Death’ Steve Williams and Barry Windham in 16:18 when referee Tommy Young declared a no contest when all hell broke loose. (A, 91)

Show Rating: A, 92

Game Notes
--Interesting mail in the box today. Among other things, Ric Flair has chosen to relocate and reside in…..Alberta, Canada???

--Jerry Blackwell and Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissey have been getting along very well. Thus, the origin of the horrible Sheik Ayatollah Blackwell, I suppose? **face palm** Never was a fan of that.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #110
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Saturday, Week 1, August 1983
Jackson, Mississippi
Attendance: 10,000 (Sell Out)

Pre Show Match

--Meng def. Dare Bergeron in 5:40 by pinfall following a superkick. (B-, 76)

Pre Show Match
--Wendell Cooley def. Iron Mike Sharpe in 7:29 by pinfall after a Wildcat Slam. (B-, 76)

--The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express come out for an interview with Lance Russell. They hype their chance at the world tag team titles. The Fabulous Ones come out and once again say they respect the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express but they are not winning the tag team titles tonight. (B-, 76)

--Rick Rude w/Jimmy Hart def. Jerry Oates in 7:32 by pinfall following a Rude Awakening. (B-, 71) After the match, Rude and Hart challenges anyone in the back to the TV title. (B, 77) Koko Ware comes out and says he accepts Rude’s challenge on next week’s show. (B, 79) Rude makes his first defense of the TV title.

--Bill Dundee def. Jimmy Golden in 7:50 by pinfall following a piledriver. (B-, 75) Dundee is then interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Dundee taunts Buzz Sawyer and tells him to be ready for an all-out brawl at the Dog Days event. (B+, 87)

--Lance Russell briefly reviews the rivalry between The Super Destroyers and Barry Windham and ‘Dr. Death’ Steve Williams and then shows a video of the feud. (C+, 68)

--Lance Russell then interviews Jim Cornette, who is out alone. Cornette asks Randy Savage to come out. Savage angrily tells Cornette that he has already said he doesn’t need help. Cornette tells Savage he and Manny Fernandez never meant to cost him the match on Monday night against Jerry Lawler. Savage, in a suddenly calm voice, says he will make things square and tells Cornette and Manny to stay out of his business. (A, 92)

--Hercules Hernandez def. Tommy Rogers in 6:28 by submission following a rack. (C+, 70)

--Jimmy Hart comes out and hypes the First Family’s dominance over CWA. He said that no one will take the TV title away from Rude and Buzz Sawyer will continue to dominate everyone, including Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler. (B-, 74)

CWA World Tag Team Title Match
--The Fabulous Ones and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express fought to a no contest when the Midnight Express and Manny Fernandez attacked both teams. (B, 82) After the match, Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson were thrown out of the ring as Cornette’s Dynasty continued to beat down Keirn and Lane. Morton and Gibson grab chairs and attack the Dynasty, driving them from the ring. The Fabs and the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express shake hands afterwards. (B+, 86)

--Don Muraco and Ted DiBiase are interviewed by Tony Schiavone. They hype themselves as the best wrestlers in CWA and there’s nothing that Junkyard Dog and Jake Roberts can do to change that. (A, 90)

--Jake Roberts def. Manny Fernandez w/Jim Cornette in 12:43 by pinfall following a DDT. (B, 82) During the match, Savage distracted Manny, allowing Roberts to execute the DDT. After the match, Savage tells a shocked Cornette and Manny that everything is now square. (B+, 86)

--As Savage, Cornette, and Manny leave arguing, Jake Roberts and Junkyard Dog come out and tell Muraco and DiBiase to go ahead and pencil in a tag match at Dog Days. JYD tells them as an added bonus, he will give each of them a world title match on the next two TV shows. (A+, 100)

--Buzz Sawyer def. Bobby Eaton in 15:44 by pinfall after a Don Muraco distraction led to a Sawyer bulldog. (A, 91) After the match, as Muraco and Sawyer celebrate, Bill Dundee and Jerry Lawler appear. Muraco and Sawyer challenge Dundee and Lawler to come in the ring and a brawl breaks out as the show ends. (B+, 88)

Show Rating: A, 91

TV Rating: 0.62 (470,310 viewers)