Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #551
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
BK - do we have to submit a PM to pick up our weapon or is it automatically done?
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #552
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
olie isn't the only one who is happy to see the brig repaired. Pass informs the crew that for safe keeping he will ask Alan T, KWhit, and path to report to the brig rather than elsewhere tonight.

Bah, I really didn't want to be put in there. I think it is a bad precedence to set. Guess the decision has been made though already. Lets hope that path didn't start out as a spawn.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #553
Tyrith
College Starter

I meant the warden, sorry olie. Still getting all you security types mixed up :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #554
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
If only for paranoia, but he is going against what Alan asked (keep the Brig tight in terms of COT). If he is spawn along with either Alan or Path then he just created a conversion opportunity. He was also more interested than other in getting a gun for tonight - if I had been making the call he would not have gotten one tonight, although I didn't want to be transparent in my post suggesting this.

The Brig order just pushed him to the top of my distrust list for today. Path, I probably should have mentioned him earlier in our PMs about relative trust/distrust along with the other person I did mention ... I kept the list small with you in event that you started the game as Spawn. After all, it was the first question you had asked me and I hadn't gotten much of a feel yet (honestly still don't have one, conversation has been pretty slow, not much time left).

Luckily for me I don't have to sit pat with someone putting me somewhere that I don't want to be!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #555
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
It's not only that -- what if Alan is spawn? Then he just put a bad guy in a cell with KWhit and I.

Don't have to worry about that. I already have the order in to change up who is going in the brig for tonight.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #556
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Don't have to worry about that. I already have the order in to change up who is going in the brig for tonight.

That would be good. I don't want to scan you yet!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #557
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i dont really have a problem with putting alan in...i am a fan of trusting our captain until we have reason otherwise to do so.

also, with the security system repaired, i will sleep tonight to be ready for another away mission tomorrow.

as far as todays mission, there are three possibilities:
1. i got a bad success roll
2. i subconsciously sabotaged my own mission. i am not aware of being a spawn as of right now, but we all know that does not mean i was not infected...i am fully prepared to be the object of suspicion if i have another bad mission tomorrow
3. telle was converted and her mission data is false (i dont know if this is possible based on the rule set..i dont remember reading anywhere if the results of a mission could be faked the same way work on the ship could be)

i am in full agreement with just sending me and the slaves out every day until i get lynched.

For #3, If this game is like the last spawn, everyone in the away party received some kind of PM that should be able to agree that the mission was very successful.. I would think #3 is the least likely of the scenerios...

I also learned my lesson from the last game though that dice roles on missions are pretty powerful and if you are lucky/unlucky a result that is unexpected might occur (ie: someone good with a bad result or vice versa).. so a poor performance from you out there today probably should put you on a list of people to be looked at but not enough to condemn if that makes sense.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #558
Schmidty
Coordinator

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I go to sleep with like 2 pages, and now there's 9. I still have to make dinner and help with the yard. My wife will be home soon, and I must have dinner on the table for her, or I get a beatin'.

I'll catch up....slowly. Please stop posting so much, ye scurvy scum!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #559
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm not ready to condemn Passacaglia yet. Mainly because Kwhit was absolutely right earlier.. we need people we need these roles or we're going to have a very difficult time of things.

We need to keep a warden that will be able to lock up our COT in the brig.. and our second officer is busy for another day.. losing the warden would be bad I think...

Plus I know I am good and assume kwhit is good.. so really only if Path is evil will I want to come after Passacaglia's head which hopefully we can find out in another day or so once Mccollins can give us another doctor. If Path is good right now, I know I am good... so I don't see why a Spawn would lock up three good guys in the brig like that in a way where they would get heat.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #560
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

We need all of the crew we can have right now.

Vote No execution
Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM   #561
Schmidty
Coordinator

I beg of someone - Can you give me a VERY brief breakdown of what happened today? I'm sure some spawn brought up the fact that I have been "silent" today, even though they fully know what shift I work, but please realize that fact. It's a rough day today, because Mrs. S opened, so my sleep had to happen early.

Anyway, like I said a breakdown, or directive would be great.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #562
hoopsguy
General Manager

Breakdown:
- lots of discussion on away missions, rules of game
- Telle had good exploration mission, but
- Saldana didn't have much success afterwards leading a group of slaves
- Almost unanimous no-vote

That is the very, very short version. Lots of juicy details for you to catch up on, but that is a start.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I beg of someone - Can you give me a VERY brief breakdown of what happened today? I'm sure some spawn brought up the fact that I have been "silent" today, even though they fully know what shift I work, but please realize that fact. It's a rough day today, because Mrs. S opened, so my sleep had to happen early.

Anyway, like I said a breakdown, or directive would be great.

1) Our engineers repaired the security Headquarters so it is now functional
2) Telle led an away mission of herself, Claphamsa, Packerfanatic and 2 slaves for exploration which was extremely successful
3) Saldana led an away mission of himself and four slaves for mining which was not as successful (only 16 crystlium mined)
4) Oliegirl handed out phasers to herself, Mrs.Schmidty and Passacaglia
5) Passacaglia locked up Path12, Kwhit (our starting CoT supposedly) in the brig along with me for safety tonight
6) I have overode Passacaglia's order and left myself out of the brig , leaving only Kwhit and path12 in the brig for tonight (Barkeep hasnt been around to announce that order yet)

Ongoing now are:

1) Talks from various engineers to whom is fixing what tonight
2) Security personal (such as yourself) are having to make decisions regarding if you want to stay up and guard somewhere tonight or take tonight to sleep.. which probably is kept to yourself.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #564
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Signing in late - sorry had work and kittens to get fostered (three now have homes, three more looking for homes if anyones interested)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #565
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
BK - do we have to submit a PM to pick up our weapon or is it automatically done?

It's done automatically.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:38 PM   #566
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I don't have time to read every page right now, so I searched my name.....and sure enough, someone brought up the fact that I was "quiet" today - hoopsguy. That moves him to the top of my Spawn list.

Then I noticed that oliegirl didn't give a weapon to the GALLEY MASTER who guards the fraking water supply and cargo. That makes her the #2 Spawn on my list.

I see a bunch of "No lynch", but I'm not sure if I won't vote for one of them. I'm actually mad for the first time in quite a few games.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #567
Schmidty
Coordinator

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions a bit early, but I'm still watching those two. No offense to them, as I might/probably be wrong about them.

Time to log and go do what I need to.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #568
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Ok, I don't have time to read every page right now, so I searched my name.....and sure enough, someone brought up the fact that I was "quiet" today - hoopsguy. That moves him to the top of my Spawn list.

Then I noticed that oliegirl didn't give a weapon to the GALLEY MASTER who guards the fraking water supply and cargo. That makes her the #2 Spawn on my list.

I see a bunch of "No lynch", but I'm not sure if I won't vote for one of them. I'm actually mad for the first time in quite a few games.

Well, at least some things haven't changed too much in WW world
Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #569
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Listen son, I'm not sure your thoughts were, but I'm gonna have to tell ya that I am not going to the brig tonight," the crew overhears Alan T saying to Pass. "I'm gonna have to override you and command you not to put me in the brig tonight."

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #570
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So the scientists dont get a weapon? Damn Packer we are getting the shaft
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #571
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:

You can suspect me all you want...I hadn't seen you around all day, and regardless of your reasoning, being absent during WW always always brings suspicion/doubt/etc... That was the ONLY reason I didn't give you a phaser.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #572
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So the scientists dont get a weapon? Damn Packer we are getting the shaft

I think you get first dibs once we hand out the pocket protectors
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #573
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

well that is no fun... alan give me something to do
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #574
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah, Schmidty is still a fragile time bomb just waiting for a good bumping.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:44 PM   #575
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
"Son, I know you have been feeling a little empty. I found these around," and with that Alan T hands Packer a pocket protector & slide ruler of his very own.

Note this post is meaningless in terms of gameplay
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #576
Tyrith
College Starter

Pretty sure that even if Pass got the votes tonight Alan would override, and I really don't feel like killing him, so I'm going to reinstitute my no lynch vote.

VOTE NO LYNCH
Old 07-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #577
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
"Son, I know you have been feeling a little empty. I found these around," and with that Alan T hands Packer a pocket protector & slide ruler of his very own.

oh so Packer gets one and I dont... that really hurts Barkeep.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #578
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

Chopped liver, checking in.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #579
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Pretty sure that even if Pass got the votes tonight Alan would override, and I really don't feel like killing him, so I'm going to reinstitute my no lynch vote.

VOTE NO LYNCH

Nope, I'm not going to override a vote tonight. If the majority of the crew feel that Passacaglia is a spawn and want to take care of him, then I'll respect that for today.

My point was moreso: What if we kill Pass, then we have no warden and can't make anyone a warden until Render is done training Chubby. So then our start of our CoT becomes meaningless as there will be a night that they are exposed and we'll have to start all over again.

My personal opinion is that I know I am good and I suspect that if Path is good or evil, Kwhit likely is good too... so really the only question to ask is if Path is bad or good which we can't find out until we get another doctor in the crew. So for the time being we have to work on the assumption that Path is good, but we shouldn't make that same assumption about anyone else (myself included)...

If and only if Path turns up bad in a few days after being locked up in the brig every night, then I think it is fair to come back and figure out what Passacaglia was up to and if it was good intentioned or not. If path ends up good when another doctor scans him, then I know I am good and will know Path and kwhit are good.. so what type of spawn play would it be for Pass to have made that move?

I just think because of our mission it is more important to keep Pass alive today and figure this out in the next two days instead... but I won't overrule the vote if the majority disagrees with me.. I won't put myself at risk of mutiny for someone who may very likely be a spawn even.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #580
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

I still thought it was the right play to give you a weapon. Honestly, I don't have a bead on your schedule as my perception is that it changes from game to game. It is usually different than mine, for whatever that is worth.

I am mildly concerned about you, however. You have a hugely important role if/when we get down to endgame and we really need you to be developing your own trust/distrust lists rather and searching for your name in a post to determine your feel for the game. You lose out on all kinds of context when you take this approach. No context = hard to make good decisions.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #581
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'll be gone for roughly the next hour.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #582
hoopsguy
General Manager

And if you are going to be mad at me - who has listed multiple people I have some emerging distrust for, and have actually cast a vote rather than no lynch - then please bring that discussion to the thread so we have a chance to hash it out. Last time you were mad at me you night killed me when we were both villagers. I would prefer having a better ending this time around.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #583
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am heading out.. Im not sure if I will be back before lynch deadline.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #584
Danny
Head Coach

I'd like everyone to know that since I fixed the Security HQ early today, I spent some time working on a robot. At this point, he is able to recognize certain situations and show some level of interaction with the crew.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #585
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

can he be trained to kill spawn?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #586
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'd like everyone to know that since I fixed the Security HQ early today, I spent some time working on a robot. At this point, he is able to recognize certain situations and show some level of interaction with the crew.

Well.. I spent some time watching Star Trek re-runs to better imitate Bones.

But seriously, what you did sounds like it could be useful, nice.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #587
Danny
Head Coach

Vote No lynch

It seems like too obvious a move for Pass to deliberately ignore captain's order if he was a spawn. He should be someone to check out as soon as possible though.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #588
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

I'm not a murderer Jim, I'm a doctor!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #589
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

Robot "Figaro! Figaro! Figaro!"

I think that's a no
Old 07-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #590
Danny
Head Coach

He might need some additional work in the days to come
Old 07-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #591
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Robot "Figaro! Figaro! Figaro!"

I think that's a no

lol

I just got home and am playing catch up.

I know I won't have time to go through the 7 pages before deadline so I'm going to go with the majority and

VOTE NO LYNCH

I intend on getting caught up tonight and will be on in the morning as well. As part of the security crew do I take orders directly from hoops as to whom or what I protect, or is that my call alone? I certainly can take suggestions also, but I want to know if my choice is actaully up to Hoops.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #592
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alan, can I call you Jim?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #593
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
He might need some additional work in the days to come

I'm sure Bishop (Aliens) didn't work the first time he was turned on either.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #594
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well I'm outta here folks, I'll be back in the AM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #595
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
lol

I just got home and am playing catch up.

I know I won't have time to go through the 7 pages before deadline so I'm going to go with the majority and

VOTE NO LYNCH

I intend on getting caught up tonight and will be on in the morning as well. As part of the security crew do I take orders directly from hoops as to whom or what I protect, or is that my call alone? I certainly can take suggestions also, but I want to know if my choice is actaully up to Hoops.

I'm not looking to override orders, as a general rule. First, it costs me an action point. Second, I would prefer people feel like they can make their own decisions. As long as I don't vehemently disagree with them I'll let them stand.

If you want to chat with me in the thread about potential moves I'm happy to participate.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:44 PM   #596
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Alan, can I call you Jim?
You can call him Al.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #597
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

LOL

That is awesome.

*hands LSG the ruler*

At least we can protect each other with these!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #598
saldana
Pro Starter

vote no execution
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 PM   #599
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Are AP awarded at the begining of the cycle, or at the end? So for tonight for example, we get 1 awarded today, at least I do, then for tonight do I get my next point right after the deadline, or not until tomorrow morning? Does that make sense? Basically, do I have 1 to spend tonight, or 2?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #600
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
Are AP awarded at the begining of the cycle, or at the end? So for tonight for example, we get 1 awarded today, at least I do, then for tonight do I get my next point right after the deadline, or not until tomorrow morning? Does that make sense? Basically, do I have 1 to spend tonight, or 2?

you get one per cycle, at the beginning...we got a day point or points, at the beginning of the day, and we get a night point at 10pm that has to be used during the night cycle...you cannot carry AP over into the next cycle.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote