Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #1
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

WW CLII Gorey Stories - Middle Floor - GAME OVER! START HERE at Post 954 to see how!

Basic Game Rules:
1. No editing posts.
2. No discussing game with outside people. Check with me if you are confused about being out of the game before posting in other outside threads.
3. Don't die.
4. Protect your blood. Make sure it stays inside you.
5. Conditional orders are allowed to make sure you don't perform an action on someone who has died so give multiple names just in case.
6. Do not direct quote anyone from PM or another thread. You may say things from the other thread but the source must be gone. NEVER direct quote a PM.

Voting.
Voting is a basic game concept. There will be times of voting. To vote for someone, say VOTE in boldface followed by their name. Like:
VOTE MARY

To change your vote you must first unvote the person you voted for, then revote:
UNVOTE MARY
VOTE JULIET

There may be days where you aren't voting. Unless the game tells you you are voting, there is no need to vote.

Deadlines:

Day action deadline is 7 PM PST/10 PM EST
Night action deadline is 9 PM PST/Midnight EST

Victory:

Individual Victory:
Find more money(jewels, cash, gold, gems, goods etc) than anyone else.

Team Victory:
Party Guests (Villagers): Find all the "friends of Lord Snout" and eliminate them.

Friends (Fiends) of Lord Snout (Werewolves): Kill villagers until you have a 1:1 ratio.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 08:45 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Locations:

There are various locations in this game. In the description, you will find location names precisely noted and in CAPS. These locations may be a room name, or a direction. To go to another location, use the word GO in the same style as voting in boldface.
Like....
GO STUDY
GO UP
GO IN

You do this in thread.

Locations and threads:

When you go to a location, you might actually move to a different thread. There are multiple threads in the game, each with a name. You will be told which thread to go to based on your movements. (You will be told in thread. Do not move to a different thread until you are told). If you are told to move to a new thread, you must leave the current thread and go to the new one. When you arrive at the new thread, you may not go back and read any other thread. When you go to a new thread, you may read the entire thread all the way back to the beginning. (The rooms are weird and project past occurrences like movies on the wall). You may quote things from the thread you are in but you may never QUOTE something from another thread, although you may talk about something you remember or you may go physically GO back to another thread to get information you forgot.

Items
:

There are various items in this game. These are ALSO noted in CAPS but not in the description of a room. You may interact with items. Some items may confer upon you certain powers and abilities. Likewise if there is anything inside or under the item, like treasure, you will get it. YOu may keep track of what specifically you have but its importance is for monetary purposes only and the total is all that matters. There is no inventory so you will never be "carrying an item" or passing it or anything. Some items may be furniture or other non-carryable things (like a SIDEWALK). Sometimes it may be confusing whether something is an item or a location. (such as a closet). A location will be located in the locations section at the end of the description.

To interact with an item, use the format INSPECT

like:
INSPECT IRON MAIDEN

Buttons and levers:

When you encounter one, is will be a particular color. You may press or pull a lever in thread. You do so by saying the precise type of button.

PUSH GREEN BUTTON
PULL RED LEVER

or PULL RED
will suffice too.

Levers and buttons may be pulled or pushed at any time. Doing so does not prevent you from looking at items as the levers are their own thing. The effects are varied and unknown and the results (and/or consequences) of a lever may happen at various times (immediately, at random, at one of the deadlines, etc)

Treasure:

If you find something of worth it will go into your treasure total. You may keep track of what you find, but the value is what is important.

Turns:

Moves are due by night action. If you move to a different room, state in thread GO location . Then that night you will move there.
If you wish to INSPECT an item, you must do so by vote deadline/day action deadline. INSPECT item You may only inspect one thing. You may UNINSPECT and UNGO similar to UNVOTE and change your mind. If you and another are inspecting the same item, you may not both the benefit for it. In some cases the reward may be split, in others only one would receive it. It depends on what the reward/consequence is.
INSPECTs are resolved during day action deadline and GOs at night action deadline.

Write-ups:
They WILL be late. Go have a sandwich and cafe ole and watch some TV. Will be lenient but get night deadline in early please. It will speed things up.

Roles and concepts common to WW which you may or may not see:

Brutal- When you kill the Brutal, the Brutal kills someone else automatically on the way down
Hunter - The Hunter may kill one person as a night action, one time only.
Seer - The seer may choose one person per night to see if they are bad or good.
Cunning- A bad guy which scans as a good guy
Bodyguard - The bodyguard guards another player every night, but it can be same person on back to back nights. If that player is chosen as a kill victim, the bodyguard saves them. If that person is the hunter's target,the bodyguard is killed instead.
Lovers - Two characters that have a link
and can sense when their loved one is near. When one dies, the other dies too.

There may be other roles and rules not listed that come into play.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-11-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #3
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

List of Characters...

Spoiler

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-17-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hogsworth ushers Autumn, Danny, DaddyTargo, Passacaglia, and Booradley (and no one else...anyone else should leave this thread immediately) up the grand side stair of sparkling gold. The bannisters are so exquisite you wonder just how much this place is worth. He leads you along a landing and into a room. He lights the oil lamp inside and then departs, shutting the door behind him. "Pleasant dreams" he says.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-03-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #6
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

desc
Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #7
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You are in the Red Room

This is one of the many bedrooms of the mansion. A very RED BED is the centerpiece toward this room. There is a PAINTING on the wall of someone wearing red. An easy chair with a RED PILLOW. Red wallpaper is everything. It either screams out love or beware! Even the VENT is painted red. There is a nice red MINIBED in an alcove, no doubt for the third wheel although you wonder why the third wheel would get a bed in a bedroom like this. The only obviously unred thing here is the white BATHTUB.

Over the bed you see what at first you surmise starts up the massagebed but then realize are a series of levers. There is an orange lever, a green lever, a black lever, and at the end a black button.

Exits:
You may GO to the Ground Level or the Top Level.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-03-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
Autumn
Head Coach

Just checking in to say i've got a sick kid. I will be here, but sporadically.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I certainly won't be taking a nap, as inviting as the bed looks. Who knows where there might be some good stuff hidden. My understanding is we can each inspect one item a day, so we might as well split up and cover as much as we can. I'd also recommend we wait on the levers until we've checked everything out, as they may cause changes that make us lose out on loot!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

All of us want money, I think. I presume there are wolves and they'll be trying to pick us off as well. But it seems to me the way to go ahead is simply admit that we're scouring for money, let the chips fall where they may with that. As far as i know there's nothing untowards the villagers can do to acquire more valuables. So probably best to just inspect things, keep mum about how much we find, to make it harder on the wolves (who probably will be stealing our stuff when they kill us).

The real question is voting. We have nothing to vote on so far. Do we vote amongst ourselves, or vote blindly in other directions? As I recall in CF's other game like this some rooms chose to concentrate their votes on another room to avoid one of them getting it. Others voted amongst themselves.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #11
Autumn
Head Coach

Why am I in the most boring room?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
Autumn
Head Coach

I know this never works, but I'd like to suggest we don't wander off into other rooms tonight, but work on thoroughly exploring this one. I guess maybe it matters less in this game where we see to be all on our own. I imagine there's still some element of cooperation required to beat the wolves, in which case it works best if we move together and keep a coherent collection of information. But I'm not sure how the individual race for survival and money intersects with the presumed werewolf game.

Thinking outloud, since there's no one to talk to, presumably the goal of a villager is to survive, and get the most stuff, but to outlast the werewolves too. If there's three werewolves and three villagers left at teh end, presumably all your stuff isn't going to help. So we need to get rid of wolves in order to allow any of us to win.

So I guess I still agree we should stick in groups. Otherwise people get picked off, people spread out, and like Evil Dead, we have a hard time getting together to share info in a timely fashion. The wolves can even head off on their own and people will lose track of them.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #13
Autumn
Head Coach

There are six items in here, plus three levers and a button. So in two days we could give all ten things a try if we make sure we don't duplicate. So I suggest we inspect five different items today, and then tomorrow move on to levers and the last item.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #14
booradley
High School Varsity

INSPECT RED BED
Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess Boo will inspect the bed.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just figuring out that I should be in the middle room. What's up y'all? I'm a slutty niece, so I was totally going to "inspect the bed" but I can find something else.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

INSPECT BATHTUB
Old 01-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #18
Autumn
Head Coach

Thoughts on voting, folks?
Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Checking in, still not totally clued in. Work is busier than I thought it would be.

CF -- Can we read the Main thread still? I didn't see anything about not being allowed to read ahead or anything.

I like Autumn's idea of staying in this room.

I'm a third halfsister.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #20
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm all-in for staying in this room.

Voting...I dunno. I feel like not voting is a wolfy and bad idea, but in these crazy-type games it's always so hard to get a handle on voting.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think CF's post is meant to say that we're not supposed to vote at all, unless we're told to.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Just figuring out that I should be in the middle room. What's up y'all? I'm a slutty niece, so I was totally going to "inspect the bed" but I can find something else.

INSPECT DADDYTORGO

Last edited by booradley : 01-03-2013 at 03:13 PM.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hogsworth peeps his head in through a doorway, "All you are doing is collecting treasure. No one said anything about voting." He then looks disdainfully at Booradley. "And DaddyTargo said SHE was the slut."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-03-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Ahem, the rules on levers and buttons have been updated."
Old 01-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #25
Passacaglia
Coordinator

INSPECT PAINTING
Old 01-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #26
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Cool - so no voting unless we're told to. That makes life easier/less complicated.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:10 PM   #27
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So can we read the main thread?
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"Not unless you are in it."
Old 01-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #29
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HOgworth looks confused, then says "No"
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

"If you need anything, extra rule explanations etc, I will put them in the rules section here."
Old 01-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #31
Danny
Head Coach

PULL ORANGE LEVER
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

INSPECT BATH TUB
Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
INSPECT BATHTUB

The bathtub is mine, I havent bathed in over two weeks.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #34
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I know this never works, but I'd like to suggest we don't wander off into other rooms tonight, but work on thoroughly exploring this one. I guess maybe it matters less in this game where we see to be all on our own. I imagine there's still some element of cooperation required to beat the wolves, in which case it works best if we move together and keep a coherent collection of information. But I'm not sure how the individual race for survival and money intersects with the presumed werewolf game.

Thinking outloud, since there's no one to talk to, presumably the goal of a villager is to survive, and get the most stuff, but to outlast the werewolves too. If there's three werewolves and three villagers left at teh end, presumably all your stuff isn't going to help. So we need to get rid of wolves in order to allow any of us to win.

So I guess I still agree we should stick in groups. Otherwise people get picked off, people spread out, and like Evil Dead, we have a hard time getting together to share info in a timely fashion. The wolves can even head off on their own and people will lose track of them.

Well lets see how today goes, but I am not specifically opposed to this.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #35
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
There may be days where you aren't voting. Unless the game tells you you are voting, there is no need to vote.

I guess on a reread I see it, but you may want to clarify this sentence, CF. "Unless you are told you are voting, you are not," would do it for me.

My mistake guys, I read this the other way. Glad we don't have to worry about that. I'll inspect one of the items left.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #36
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
PULL ORANGE LEVER

I was suggesting nobody pull a lever today, Danny, in case it makes stuff unavailable or something. But I guess you can't have everything. And doing them all at once might be crazy.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #37
Autumn
Head Coach

Can you inspect and pull a lever? I was thinking those were both our "action". Apparently I need to stop dealing with vomiting kids and read the rules!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh my mistake, you can do it, and it happens in real-time it looks like. So nevermind.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #39
Autumn
Head Coach

Danny, you realize DT is already inspecting the bed? It's like yo'ure just trying to make me post more.

I now see that CF updated the levers section, so I'm going to assume that's why I didn't know what was going on before.

Pillow, vent and minibed are left to inspect. I'd hide my good stuff in the vent.

INSPECT VENT
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #40
Autumn
Head Coach

And I won't pull any levers until we see if anything happens with the orange one. Now back to the kids.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
Danny
Head Coach

Autumn is boring, we need some adventure in this old stuffy house.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #42
Danny
Head Coach

Uninspect Bathtub
Inspect Red Pillow
Old 01-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #43
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and I am the great grand half sister of this dead old fart. But I really don't know what the means. DOes this mean I am likely 12 or likely 80?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #44
Autumn
Head Coach

You're only as old as you feel, Danielle.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #45
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Autumn is boring, we need some adventure in this old stuffy house.

Yank on that lever some more and see what comes out then.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #46
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yank on that lever some more and see what comes out then.

You're either a pedo or a gilf chaser.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #47
Autumn
Head Coach

I think i'm the only guy in this room, that's all I know.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
Danny
Head Coach

Seriously, what the heck is great grand half sister?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #49
Autumn
Head Coach

CF has only a rudimentary understanding of how human families work.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #50
Danny
Head Coach

Can I undo a lever pull? I expected to see the result before the deadline.