Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
Dutch
"Dutch"

Streaming radio suggestions

My office is dead silent and am looking for a radio stream to pass the time. I've found some good FM stations for music, but I also like to listen to sports talk.

Anybody know of some good AM sports radio streams?

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
kurtism
High School Varsity

wnde.com from Indy streams the Czaban show, Tony Bruno, and then Rome

You can also stream ESPN radio from espnradio.com

I believe both of the Chicago stations (670thescore.com and espn1000.com) stream as well

Hope you find something good!
kurtism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
My office is dead silent and am looking for a radio stream to pass the time. I've found some good FM stations for music, but I also like to listen to sports talk.

Anybody know of some good AM sports radio streams?

WEEI out of Boston is great sports talk but from a BOSTON perspective.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #4
RedKingGold
College Starter

Also, if you want more variety than FM music stations; check out AccuRadio.com

Free service with many, many music choices and you can deselect five things in a category you don't want to hear.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:46 AM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

Depends on what time you are trying to fill.

I personally like "The Junkies" out of DC's WJFK - www.wjfk.com they are from 6am-10am EST. They used to be a pure sports show. Now they are relatively heavy sports but then just a.. idano.. "guy's" show...

I know your hours are "weird" since you're in Europe now, what hours are you trying to fill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
QuikSand
lolzcat

If you, or other thread readers, enjoy talk radio -- there's a nifty site here that connects to tons of public radio programs and stations, and allows searches for your favorites, which remain cookied. It's very handy if you're interested in public radio (which I'm going to guess won't be Dutch's cup of tea, but might interest some others here).

http://www.publicradiofan.com/
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:12 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

Thanks for the link Quik! I'm always looking for additional on-line radio. .since I work from home I listen to a lot and I get tired of the same shows all of the time. And good lord you learn how quickly sports talk can get old ...

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Dutch - are you able to install iTunes and grab podcasts?

Quote:
Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 AM   #9
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Dutch - are you able to install iTunes and grab podcasts?

Outside of podcasts there are also a zillion streaming stations available through iTunes. Well worth the download.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
Outside of podcasts there are also a zillion streaming stations available through iTunes. Well worth the download.

Yup... I just know that if he has a certain kind of Navy computer that he can't, but that with others he may be able to.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2006, 10:16 AM   #11
oykib
College Starter

I'm from New York. So, I listen to the fan. You can also listen/watch C-Span (for politics) on C-Span.org.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #12
Dutch
"Dutch"

iTunes is not authorized along with just about every other conceivable method of enjoying your time riding a desk. But streaming media through Windows Media Player seems like my best bet.

From an East Coast perspective, my window of interest is roughly 2 AM till Noon.

I used to listen to Jim Rome when I was back in California and enjoyed him and his callers a lot back then, not sure what he's like these days.

And I'll listen to anybody's perspective, even New York and Boston.

Thanks for getting me started, these are great! More are welcome.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

Hrmm.. when I was commuting the 2am-6am timeframe was a rough one... The ESPN show is ok (although it has changed hosts multiple times) but I think you're going to have a difficult time finding much besides Coast to Coast on at that time.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #14
Dutch
"Dutch"

You are probably right, unless I can find replays of shows from earlier in the day.

EDIT: But I am not opposed to listening at night when I'm just chillin' at the PC trying to figure out how towin at MP.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-11-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You are probably right, unless I can find replays of shows from earlier in the day.

EDIT: But I am not opposed to listening at night when I'm just chillin' at the PC trying to figure out how towin at MP.

That time frame (2-6) is why I asked about podcasting... It really is a great way to go.. but podcasts, in reality, are really just .mp3 files.. so some shows have websites where you can get the .mp3's directly from them.

Quote:
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Dola: When you figure out how to win, fill me in!

Quote:
Old 10-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Great local sports station here in Kansas City. http://www.810whb.com/ It's got a lot of local KC talk. Tons of talk about the NFL and college football right now.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #18
wade moore
lolzcat

Ok, here's why I was asking about podcasting...

This is a show I've REALLY come to like, particularly when trying to fill time. It may seem crazy, and i thought it was crazy that it would be good, but..

it's the Penn Jillette show. This is Penn of "Penn and Teller". It's not sports or anything, but it's a show where he basically picks one topic for the day and talks about it. He has some interesting views and perspectives and I find it entertaining. One thing I like is the whole show is only 45 minutes, so it's a nice filler inbetween shows or if you don't have a ton of time for listening, etc..

http://penn.freefm.com/ - looks like you can listen to them straight from the webpage or d/l the audio files.

Quote: