Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2003, 02:21 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The French Are Being Torn Up On Here

I find it amusing, lol, but was there any reason it all started?

I've been gone a while, so sorry if this has come up.

Oh, and I do remember a post about the Al Bundy/French philiosiphy..

Heres a link for anyone who cares..

http://www.bundyology.com/french.html

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
Tarkus
High School Varsity

Re: The French Are Being Torn Up On Here

Quote:
Originally posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I find it amusing, lol, but was there any reason it all started?

Yup, because the pansies are ready to surrender to Saddam rather than fight him.

Tarkus
Old 02-27-2003, 02:33 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I guess they don't want to get "Saddam"ized!

MWHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, bad joke.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

The reason the French are being based is because they happen to have a different outlook on the whole Iraq War issue.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:23 PM   #5
Bee
Pro Starter

Actually, we were making fun of the french long before the Iraq issue, that has just intensified it.

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:32 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Actually, I dislike the French because of their stance during The French and Indian War...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 04:21 PM   #7
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I been a French basher for years. This just gives me more material. Now I can add Saddam to my previous list of cheese, smelly, surrender, "No no I was in the resistance", poo standing up, anti-semites, hairy, etc.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:46 PM   #8
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Canadian
The reason the French are being based is because they happen to have a different outlook on the whole Iraq War issue.

It's not just that they have a different outlook, it's that they offer nonsensical rationales for their position. There should be no war because the inspectors need more time? They've had 12 years of zero cooperation from Iraq. More inspections? With more inspectors? How does it follow from those suggestions that Iraq will disarm? What are the principles they are proceeding from? There are plenty of good reasons to avoid a war, but the French have yet to base their arguments on any of them. They seem motivated solely by their desire to be "The" leader of the European Union, and to be seen as the voice for those who oppose American power and its growth. Chirac specifically seems to also want to carve out a place for himself in history as the person who catapulted France back onto the international stage as a force to be reckoned with, and as a counter to the growth of American influence.

Pfffft.

And this is all coming from someone who is reluctant to go to war in the first place. I'd love to see the French (or any of the other major players) say something of substance on this issue, providing reasonable and well-thought out compromises, instead of just regurgitating the same moronic arguments louder and louder (as the French are wont to do - another reason why they're sometimes ridiculed in America).

And just to be fair, I'm equally jaded about the Bush administration's motives for this war. I just wish some grownups would enter the scene and get serious about the establishment of progressive change in the Arab world, instead of all this petty, shortsighted personal political gain that seems to be everyone's motivation. But I suppose that's the nature of the beast.

Best if I stop my rant right here, before my blood pressure spikes.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:02 PM   #9
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

The point I was trying to get across, which I don't think I clearly stated, was that an entire nation is being bashed because of the political stance of its leader. I also was trying to say that even though they may be "wrong" or "right", about their stance on this issue, they still have a right to an opinion on the subject... weird as it may be .

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie
And just to be fair, I'm equally jaded about the Bush administration's motives for this war. I just wish some grownups would enter the scene and get serious about the establishment of progressive change in the Arab world, instead of all this petty, shortsighted personal political gain that seems to be everyone's motivation. But I suppose that's the nature of the beast.

Smartest thing I've seen posted here in a long while .

Great post... and I'm being 100% truthfull in saying that.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:15 PM   #10
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Canadian
The point I was trying to get across, which I don't think I clearly stated, was that an entire nation is being bashed because of the political stance of its leader. I also was trying to say that even though they may be "wrong" or "right", about their stance on this issue, they still have a right to an opinion on the subject... weird as it may be .

Smartest thing I've seen posted here in a long while .

Great post... and I'm being 100% truthfull in saying that.

Thanks Joe. And just to clarify about my post, I wasn't trying to pick on your post, it just got me to thinking about this whole mess. And I agree wholeheartedly with your point about unfair nation-bashing due to questionable decision-making by their leadership. Sadly, it seems that there's a lot of that overgeneralizing going on these days, all around.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 05:44 PM   #11
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Fonzie
Sadly, it seems that there's a lot of that overgeneralizing going on these days, all around.

You can say that again.