Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2021, 03:00 PM   #1851
Atocep
Coordinator

Patriots (fleeing the country), Family Values (bailing on their kid), Law and Order (breaking multiple laws), Immigration (trying to illegally cross into Canada)

Am I missing any?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:12 PM   #1852
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They pulled $4000 from an ATM early in the morning,

What ATM is letting you take out $4000?!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:17 PM   #1853
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
What ATM is letting you take out $4000?!

That is curious to me also, my limit is like $400. But found this, so guess it is possible.

Quote:
A specific answer to this question will depend on who you bank with. But, generally, ATM cash withdrawal limits can range from $300 to $5,000 per day. Individual banks and credit unions set their own limits. Your personal ATM withdrawal limit also may depend on the type of accounts you have and your banking history.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:24 PM   #1854
JPhillips
General Manager

lol

Crumbley's parents tried to get to Canada, but they were denied because they aren't vaccinated.
Old 12-05-2021, 01:29 PM   #1855
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

Crumbley's parents tried to get to Canada, but they were denied because they aren't vaccinated.

Well if they got the vaccine, then the government could track them and would've found them much sooner.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #1856
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
lol

They just earned themselves even more donations for their legal defense by checking that box.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:48 AM   #1857
PilotMan
Head Coach

When will the United states start realizing that the incredible number of guns in the USA and the ease at which they are obtained is a huge part of the destabilizing factor of neighboring countries? Where do you think Mexican drug gangs get their armaments from?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:52 AM   #1858
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
When will the United states start realizing that the incredible number of guns in the USA and the ease at which they are obtained is a huge part of the destabilizing factor of neighboring countries? Where do you think Mexican drug gangs get their armaments from?

We know. We've just decided that's not enough of a reason to restrict gun sales.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #1859
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
They pulled $4000 from an ATM early in the morning, failed to show up to an arraignment, didn't stay in contact with authorities, turned off their phones, ditched their car, and were caught hiding out in a basement of a building just a short distance from the Canadian border.

This couple has gotten an insane amount of leeway. We don't have to pretend this was some misunderstanding. They were fleeing and the police were right about this. If anything, without the police coming out and saying they were on the run, their car wouldn't have been spotted and they'd be somewhere in Canada right now.

Having learned these new facts, I now agree that they are not in the box of people who showed up at the city courthouse when they were supposed to show up at the county courthouse.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:36 AM   #1860
miami_fan
Coordinator

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/us/mi...day/index.html

Yeah I don't see this one flying either. I think that they should have checked his backpack given the information that they had. I have seen school administrations do so my whole life for much much less. I just don't think that a jury would blame the school for not checking his backpack.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #1861
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/06/us/mi...day/index.html

Yeah I don't see this one flying either. I think that they should have checked his backpack given the information that they had. I have seen school administrations do so my whole life for much much less. I just don't think that a jury would blame the school for not checking his backpack.

Yeah, that's kinda weird. Agree no jury would blame the school.

A Crumbley attorney said the gun was locked. But haven't read anything to corroborate. That is an interesting angle - if locked, probably not in a gun safe but maybe drawer? Is that considered locked for the purposes of negligence defense? It probably is but more to come.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:38 PM   #1862
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Yeah, that's kinda weird. Agree no jury would blame the school.

A Crumbley attorney said the gun was locked. But haven't read anything to corroborate. That is an interesting angle - if locked, probably not in a gun safe but maybe drawer? Is that considered locked for the purposes of negligence defense? It probably is but more to come.

It could have been a trigger lock, which in reality does no good if the person that shouldn't have the gun unsupervised, has the key.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #1863
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
It could have been a trigger lock, which in reality does no good if the person that shouldn't have the gun unsupervised, has the key.

I was thinking it was locked in the drawer with the key hanging on the wall next to the drawer.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #1864
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have been hearing a lot about and from the the lawyer(s) for the parents and nothing about the lawyer for the kid. So I looked it up and he has a court appointed attorney. While his parents are being represented by the team that represented Larry Nassir.

That is an interesting parental choice but I respect their right to make such a choice.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:53 PM   #1865
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I have been hearing a lot about and from the the lawyer(s) for the parents and nothing about the lawyer for the kid. So I looked it up and he has a court appointed attorney. While his parents are being represented by the team that represented Larry Nassir.

That is an interesting parental choice but I respect their right to make such a choice.

I think this is more about the lawyers than the parents.

The lawyers have nothing to gain by representing the murderer. Other than the fact that he's being tried as an adult, there is nothing interesting in his case that will elevate their profile in certain circles.

That said, the charges against the parents are quite aggressive and will raise some pretty novel arguments of law and could draw the attraction of Second Amendment folks and others. I doubt the parents will be paying any of these attorney's legal fees. These attorneys just want their name in the press and to become (in)famous. The parents' case could do this, the murderer's not so much.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:01 PM   #1866
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If I was lawyer working for the parents I would definitely want to be paid in advance.
Old 12-06-2021, 03:08 PM   #1867
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
If I was lawyer working for the parents I would definitely want to be paid in advance.

You might have thought that Rudy would have thought the same thing considering the track record of the guy he was working for and yet...

Like Steam?

Old 12-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #1868
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The shooters parents trial is definitely going to be an interesting one to watch. As much as I hope they will be convicted, I believe it is going to be difficult.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 07:56 PM   #1869
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The shooters parents trial is definitely going to be an interesting one to watch. As much as I hope they will be convicted, I believe it is going to be difficult.

Agreed on both account. I think it’s worth trying, because it’s the only way to try to move the needle on this stuff.

As for dress, I’m sure there will be certain folks or groups - gun advocate types - who will be willing to give money for attorneys’ fees.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:30 PM   #1870
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So this a video of the Oxford shooter from a year ago

I have to think there's going to be some form of insanity defense because something was not right with that kid.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 12-06-2021 at 11:13 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:07 AM   #1871
RainMaker
General Manager

Another mass shooter in Colorado. That state seems to have their share of nuts. Targeted some tattoo parlors and was a white supremacist.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 12:14 AM   #1872
RainMaker
General Manager

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Old 12-29-2021, 12:19 AM   #1873
PilotMan
Head Coach

Alt-Right = American Extremist Terrorist

Like Steam?

Old 12-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #1874
RainMaker
General Manager

He named his real life victims in a book he wrote that was sold on Amazon. Had made tons of death threats on social media and those sites did nothing. Appears cops were called a few times and they blew it off. Well done everyone!

Denver gunman's novels named real-life victims, described similar attacks
Old 04-03-2022, 11:39 AM   #1875
QuikSand
lolzcat

#Sacramento

no need to worry, standard array of "thought and prayers" plus "screaming into the void" will suffice

a community in shock, and at least a half dozen families into deep mourning, but we'll soldier on as always
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 04:12 PM   #1876
JPhillips
General Manager

I don't mean to downplay anything, but it's fascinating that the shooting in Tel Aviv is getting a bunch of media attention after the Sacramento shooting received so little.
Old 04-12-2022, 01:12 PM   #1877
RainMaker
General Manager

Mass shooting in Brooklyn subway. Really weird story. By some miracle, no one died.

Brooklyn subway shooting: Live updates of NYC attack
Old 04-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #1878
GrantDawg

Quote:
Mass shooting in Brooklyn subway. Really weird story. By some miracle, no one died.

Brooklyn subway shooting: Live updates of NYC attack
And the shooter escaped. Crazy.
Old 04-12-2022, 05:56 PM   #1879
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 04-12-2022, 11:30 PM   #1880
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well there has been a person of interest named:

Brooklyn subway shooting: Police identify Frank R. James of Philadelphia as person of interest

Seem like a typical hateful mentally-ill shooter.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:50 PM   #1881
RainMaker
General Manager

This has a little more on the shooter. Left his credit card on the scene and thankfully botched what could have been a massacre. Still on the run apparently.

'They Made Me More Dangerous': Frank James Blames NY Mayor for Breakdown
Old 04-13-2022, 01:58 PM   #1882
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like they got him.

The suspect in the subway shooting has been arrested, officials say
Old 04-13-2022, 03:20 PM   #1883
RainMaker
General Manager

I feel like taking 24 hours to arrest a mentally-ill senior citizen who committed a mass shooting in a busy part of New York in broad daylight where cops are stationed is a pretty enormous failure by the NYPD. $10 billion a year just doesn't go as far as it used to.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #1884
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well that was nice of Frank

NYC subway shooting suspect called tip line on himself, sources say
Old 04-14-2022, 12:20 PM   #1885
RainMaker
General Manager

I think he assumed that he would be caught or killed right away. When nothing happened to him, he kind of just wandered around for a day and didn't know what to do. Apparently he wasn't really hiding either, people said he was at a popular restaurant during the day.
Old 04-16-2022, 05:00 PM   #1886
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Columbia, South Carolina mall shooting: 12 injured, three people arrested after shooting at mall | CNN

Some kind of gang shootout maybe?
Old 04-16-2022, 07:36 PM   #1887
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

It sounds like it to me. And nothing says a Happy Easter like a gang shooting
Old 04-16-2022, 09:46 PM   #1888
RainMaker
General Manager

I am hoping these mass shooters aim have gotten worse. That's two with no deaths.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:15 PM   #1889
QuikSand
lolzcat

On all the tiresome multi-casualty shooting stories, that basically don't even land anymore... there is a cool-headed, rational person inside me who genuinely doesn't really believe that the various incremental policies we toss around would do much to stop all this carnage.

And then...

...just a good American, just out there exercising his ever so important rights. I don't know what the perfect policy response is, but doing nothing doesn't seem to be doing a good job at all. I hate this paralysis, as the victim count balloons out of control with nobody new caring, globally.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 03:38 AM   #1890
AlexB
Pro Starter

The individual gun-related deaths of children can be written off as tragedies independent of the wider world.

Will guns becoming the largest killer of children & teenagers in the US focus the collective mind differently?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61192975

I think we know the answer
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:25 AM   #1891
miami_fan
Coordinator

America in 2022. U9 baseball practice includes hitting drills, pitching drills, fielding drills and... active shooter drills? JFC we are broken.

VIDEO: Shots ring out during youth baseball game in North Charleston | WBTW

Last edited by miami_fan : 04-26-2022 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #1892
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
The individual gun-related deaths of children can be written off as tragedies independent of the wider world.

Will guns becoming the largest killer of children & teenagers in the US focus the collective mind differently?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-61192975

I think we know the answer

Well the answer is the give the kids more gunz so they can defend themselves.

It's so obvious.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:49 PM   #1893
RainMaker
General Manager

Terrorist attack at a Buffalo supermarket. Guy posted a manifesto to 4chan and livestreamed it on Twitch. At least 8 desd.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:51 PM   #1894
RainMaker
General Manager

Now up to 10 dead.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:20 PM   #1895
PilotMan
Head Coach

18 years old

Like Steam?

Old 05-14-2022, 06:35 PM   #1896
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

After careful analysis, I've come to the conclusion that I'm far more likely to be killed in a mass shooting by a white male than I am by a foreign terrorist.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 07:01 PM   #1897
Edward64
Head Coach

Security guard hit the guy but he had on bullet proof vest. What a freaking asshole. Go volunteer in Ukraine and at least do some good playing live Call of Duty.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:51 PM   #1898
BYU 14
Coordinator

I REALLY want to how it is so easy to get tactical gear like this, I mean seriously.

When I take my guns to the range to shoot do I need a bullet proof tac vest to protect me from the targets attacking me.....no.

I don't hunt, but if I did would I need a tac vest to fend off killer squirrels......no

If, god forbid someone broke into my house in the middle of the night, would I first run to my closet to grab a tac vest, fill it up with extra mags, slip on my night vision goggles, then grab my gun? No, I would grab my fucking gun, tell my wife to get into the closet and call 911, while I waited from cover, hoping I would not need to take another humans life.

So someone please help me, how the hell does the second amendment cover the right to buy full military gear, including bullet proof vests, silencers and all the other bullshit these sociopaths always seem to have?

And oh yeah, this was on twitter and not only remained active, but was never caught so authorities could be notified, but Elon Musk wants to allow more of this shit sop more unhinged people can share these unhinged conspiracies?

Last edited by BYU 14 : 05-14-2022 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:52 PM   #1899
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
After careful analysis, I've come to the conclusion that I'm far more likely to be killed in a mass shooting by a white male than I am by a foreign terrorist.

And it isn't even remotely close
Old 05-14-2022, 08:24 PM   #1900
GrantDawg

Sorry, I don't follow any Nazi's. Have they started blaming BLM yet? Or are they claiming the whole thing is a false flag?