Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #51
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Added another 4* WR and 4* OLB

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #52
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Thank you Mike Dipaolo and Wade Giraldo.

That's funny right there I don't care who you are!

You're next album will go aluminum!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 03-18-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:54 AM   #53
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, I wish I would have asked the ATH question earlier - looks like I've got a bunch of future Safeties and WRs on hand .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #54
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Well, I wish I would have asked the ATH question earlier - looks like I've got a bunch of future Safeties and WRs on hand .

In my opinion, speed first and foremost. Then guess at the position by skills displayed as indicated in other posts. If the guy is under 200#, then you are looking at DBs, RBs, WRs and QBs.

Sometimes you get a gem. I got a guy in another dynasty that looked like he was going to be a slow WR. Turned out when put in the QB slot, he had solid 80's across accuracy, throw power and speed.

Anyway speed is my primary indicator, but then again a lot of these guys are doing much better than me at recruiting.........
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 AM   #55
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Week 4 Recruiting: Files due Friday by 3 PM

Aim for 3 PM. I am going out of town. We're doing it in 24 hours or so anyway.

This is good, I was worried that my going out of town this weekend would cause problems. I'll have my recruiting done tonight.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #56
wade moore
lolzcat

Question - I saw that one of the other leagues accidentally went past stage 5 recently. In there there were a lot of comments of "stage 5 is useless anyways". Is that true? If so, are we going to skip it?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 03-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #57
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Question - I saw that one of the other leagues accidentally went past stage 5 recently. In there there were a lot of comments of "stage 5 is useless anyways". Is that true? If so, are we going to skip it?

We can talk about it. Most of the week 5 commits are 2 and 3 stars and I know I probably am done recruiting now. I don't normally take 25 guys cause I cut most of them anyway.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #58
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Looks like Karl, Brian and Logan then we can advance.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:42 PM   #59
Logan
Head Coach

dun
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #60
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'll do mine tonight in about 30 minutes.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #61
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 5 Recruiting - Files due Friday circa 3

Short deadline but the prospects are mostly picked over and this is a throwaway week with many guys winding up being cut.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #62
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I've got my week 5 done, so anything is fine with me. If we progress before 5ish CST, I'll get my next step in before being gone until Sunday.

Edit: And for the record, my draft class looks pretty weak compared to the other human teams. I'm ranked #9, but that is for 11 4* guys. Not a single 5* made it to my team. I'm going to have to figure out a way to do better next season.

Last edited by BrianD : 03-19-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #63
sabotai
General Manager

Finished week 5. My recruiting class is pretty bad, but it's all players the CPU was recruiting before I took over. Looking forward to starting from the beginning this season.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #64
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I've got my week 5 done, so anything is fine with me. If we progress before 5ish CST, I'll get my next step in before being gone until Sunday.

Edit: And for the record, my draft class looks pretty weak compared to the other human teams. I'm ranked #9, but that is for 11 4* guys. Not a single 5* made it to my team. I'm going to have to figure out a way to do better next season.

Might want to peak down at UVA before you get too down on your class .

Quote:
Old 03-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #65
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Position Changes - Files due Sunday at midnight

I'll be gone till Sunday so we have all weekend.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #66
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Might want to peak down at UVA before you get too down on your class .

Now that post-season recruiting is done, I can look up from my #25 position to see #22 UVA. Looking more deeply at the recruit list, I only finished the season with 12 new scholarships given out. The next lowest is 16. I seem to recall my solo-dynasty being somewhat similar. I suppose I'll have to start watching other teams to see if I am not giving up quickly enough on guys I don't have a chance on, or if I'm not locking my guys in quickly enough to keep them from getting stolen.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:35 PM   #67
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Now that post-season recruiting is done, I can look up from my #25 position to see #22 UVA. Looking more deeply at the recruit list, I only finished the season with 12 new scholarships given out. The next lowest is 16. I seem to recall my solo-dynasty being somewhat similar. I suppose I'll have to start watching other teams to see if I am not giving up quickly enough on guys I don't have a chance on, or if I'm not locking my guys in quickly enough to keep them from getting stolen.

Right - but you had 11 4 *'s in your last post, at that time I had 4 and I may have gotten 1 or 2 more (haven't checked yet). I'm only ahead of you because of quantity, not quality.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #68
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Right - but you had 11 4 *'s in your last post, at that time I had 4 and I may have gotten 1 or 2 more (haven't checked yet). I'm only ahead of you because of quantity, not quality.

That could be. I've done a little bit of reading about the recruiting process and realized I've got lots to learn yet. I'm actually looking forward to next year's recruiting to see if it works better.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #69
wade moore
lolzcat

Well.. I had 4 ATH's... 3 really projected as FS's..

not such a big deal, right? Well - I recruited THREE FS's this year including 2 4*'s... ugh.. lesson learned on ATH's.. I ended up converting the ATH's to positions they didn't fit quite as well (like OLB)...

Glad I asked the question though - good to know for future years.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #70
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ended up stayin later then planned. Tomorrow mornin advance.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #71
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Player Cuts - Files due Tuesday at midnight

Time to cut dead weight, then the pre-season begins!
Old 03-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #72
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm VERY anxious to see how my players developed.

If they didn't make some solid strides I expect our overall ratings to drop a few points this season.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #73
Logan
Head Coach

I guarantee Charles Mays doesn't gain more than 2 overall points despite his Heisman-winning campaign.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:34 PM   #74
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

God, I hope my defense got better.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #75
wade moore
lolzcat

I got some decent bumps that I wasn't expecting, but we're still clearly worse than we were last year.

Quote:
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #76
Radii
Head Coach

QB Mike Glennon is now rated 95 OVR for me, possibly the highest rated player i've ever had? Too bad for him that I'm a running team and always will be.

incoming freshman CB Andrew Lee comes in rated 85 OVR and has a speed of 96. My 4* CB Ryan Matthews is only 76 OVR but speed of 98.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #77
Ironhead
College Prospect

A&M's progression was pretty unremarkable. That said we are going into this season with our most talented team yet by a good margin.

I have been waiting for three seasons to hand the keys over to tailback Bradley Stephens. He had a promising redshirt freshman campaign when the EBFL started with several highlight reel runs. Unfortunately he has only progressed by about 8 points over 3 seasons of play plus 3 offseasons. With a more favorable progression path he could have ended up as one of the most talented tailbacks in the country. Instead he will have to fight the two talented tailbacks behind him for playing time.

Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season.

Last edited by Ironhead : 03-23-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #78
sabotai
General Manager

I didn't write down what my guys were before, but it looks like my defense, namely my D-line, progressed nicely as I will have 4 solid starters. Plus, my OLB Abreu went from monster to beast.....or beast to monster...whatever it is, he'll shut down that side of the field for me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #79
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Who is all left?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #80
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I still have to go and will do so at about 6:00 CST tonight. I'll also be on all night so if we progress, I'll get the next tasks complete as well.

Thursday late morning I am going to be heading to Vegas until Monday afternoon. Am I going to miss a deadline while I am gone? I'll make sure I get caught up Thursday morning before I go and will jump back on Monday evening. If there is anything else I can do, let me know. I don't want to hold things up too much due to my vacation.