Passacaglia
Coordinator

UNVOTE POLI
VOTE TELLE
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #1154
Poli
FOFC Survivor

If we lose this game because noone listened to me...so help me.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #1155
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

deadline
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #1156
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Hopefully we got one here.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #1157
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
UNVOTE POLI
VOTE TELLE

Dude, what the heck??? Is there someone you haven't voted for??
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #1158
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Team USA: home of the cheating judge, and a manipulative wolf that threw his teammate under the bus.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #1159
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As the closing ceremonies near there is still business to take care of. You decide that you cannot allow Telle to continue dragging the good name of the olympic games through the mud. You show photographs which proves that she must be behind all the evil which has struck the game. She is Russian, it has to be a Russian.

Those photographs? They contain evidence of unspeakable deeds. Prior to her figure skating silver there is evidence that she jay-walked to getto the arena. You can't take it any more. She leaves instead of facing up to her shame.

Telle was a vanilla villager.

(stay tuned and hold those cards)
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #1160
Poli
FOFC Survivor

!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #1161
Thomkal
Head Coach

sigh
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #1162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone can't believe what has happened. Another villager gone and nothing that resembles a "wolf". You start to wonder if there are any actual wolves? Maybe we are all good?

Then you wonder what happened to the flaming Swede? He seems to have left the village. Why? Then you see that someone had planted evidence that he did not wash his hands the last time he left the ladies room... He left in shame. (and really mad at the mod I bet)

PurdueBrad was the duke.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #1163
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Poli says.

"I told you dammit, Passacaglia is a wolf!!!"

"No!!! Poli is a wolf!!!" cries Passacaglia.

"Enough already guys, you both are. I know because I am too." states Thomkal.

They just pitched a very unorthodox shutout.

Game over, wolves win!!!

For the olympics... Team USA wins!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #1164
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wait, what?

Oh, high five guys!

Can't believe we got the shutout.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #1165
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Any feedback about the game balance is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #1166
Thomkal
Head Coach

woohoo! High-five! Glad I finally gave in and decided to play after all the begging on the main forum.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:16 PM   #1167
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Happy Birthday hoops!!!! Forgot to say that.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #1168
Thomkal
Head Coach

So is Hoops the Cultist?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #1169
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, you guys wiped the floor with us. Good work.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #1170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

No cultist.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #1171
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I thought that leaving hoops alive was going to hurt you guys, he seemed to sniff a couple of you out quickly but then backed off.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #1172
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Crap, nicely played wolves
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #1173
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah we nearly took Hoops out the day he arrived in the game, but (well some of us at least ) didn't think that'd be cool to do that.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #1174
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

For KWhit's and hoops' benefit I will say it again.

All roles were completely random and olympic team selection had no affect on that at all. I would have just as easily allowed multiple wolves on a team.

I was tempted to name the teas after some WW fame and even have a team named Team Wolf. I considered not only naming them team wolf but putting all of the wolves on the team.

I also wondered how the game would have gone if I had no wolves in the game but had the mystery prize be a night kill ability and have the game be last olympic team standing (but making you guys figure that part out ). But that is just my inner wolf talking I guess, needing to be evil.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #1175
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good work, wolves. Looks like I had two out of three good choices yesterday and picked the wrong one. I just didn't have the time or motivation today when I did have time at the end of the day to battle this one out.

Having the Fool in the game along with the Seer really did screw things up for analysis.

How were there two separate no kill events? What happened on those nights?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #1176
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Night one was no night kill submitted.

Lathum and PB were simultaneously working on screwing each other over as Lathum was fixing the event so that he would win and PB would be in last place. At the same time PB was sending in a request to duke to Lathum. I thought it was karma.

Night five was PB's bonus being used (from the Sweden gold). Had a 1-25 (out of 100) roll chance to "block" an attack and rolled a 22.

One thing that I think could have won the game for the village today. If a villager came out and said "I am the cultist" and asked the wolves who to vote for, to see if they would have bitten. Looking at the numbers if a cultist existed the game would have been over with it being 4-3 (3 wolves + cultist) after day five.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #1177
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: the Lathum/PB sentence was not related to the no-kill uestion. I actually was typing that up before seeing you had posted a question about the no night kills as I was posting about some of the events of the game.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #1178
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

double dola: Wasn't sure why the wolves didn't go after ntn when he revealed. I thought for certain that would lead to Poli being found as the only way they would know he wa the fool is if one of te ones he said was a villager was actually a wolf.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #1179
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

triple dola: The wolves were also close to having Thomkal cleared as DV was going to be scanning him the day when he was lynched.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #1180
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

quad-dola: Really bad luck for the village on day one as you had the BG versus the seer in the lynch runoff.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #1181
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yeah, the no-kill was a total wolf screw up -- we didn't have our stuff together yet, and thought there was a night phase, so we didn't need a kill until 9 AM. Seemed like it confused the village, though, which worked out for us. Though it wasn't intentional.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 PM   #1182
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I approve.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #1183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
double dola: Wasn't sure why the wolves didn't go after ntn when he revealed. I thought for certain that would lead to Poli being found as the only way they would know he wa the fool is if one of te ones he said was a villager was actually a wolf.

Well, we didn't expect the actual Seer to be revealed that night -- we were hoping that people would think that NTN might be the Seer for a while. And if we killed NTN, and he was revealed as the Fool, then the real Seer would know he was the Seer.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #1184
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Pretty vexing about PB blocking the kill last night, too. I assumed that his block was just for the night after Sweden won that event.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #1185
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And, nice job Poli and Thomkal! It took us a while, but we ended up with a clean sweep, and got to have a little fun out there. It was fun wolfing it up with you guys.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #1186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

For the olympics... Team USA wins!!!

Danny and Lathum -- hey, I came through for you guys! Us wolves didn't talk at all about what team would win, but last night when I thought we were going to win (thanks PB!!!), I put all my points in for Hockey to get us another gold. Hey, if it couldn't happen in reality, at least it could happen here.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:08 AM   #1187
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I blame PB for this loss. I was onto Poli and very suspicious of Thomkal the BAM, PB takes me out.

I also was going to have the bonus the night PB duked me and the bonus was a scan (dont remember the percentage) and my scan target was Poli.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:37 AM   #1188
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Awe awesome job USA!!! Very awesome jobe :-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #1189
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I blame PB for this loss. I was onto Poli and very suspicious of Thomkal the BAM, PB takes me out.

I also was going to have the bonus the night PB duked me and the bonus was a scan (dont remember the percentage) and my scan target was Poli.

On the flip side, I blame Lathum for this loss because our team, which had no wolves, would've had the scan AND the seer scanning on the same night had I been allowed to earn my gold medal. At the point, I probably would've looked at KWhit or Telle though so that scan would've done little more than clear somebody rather than out somebody as Lathum would've done.

Although there is some fun to the fact that we simultaneously screwed each other over.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #1190
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

EF, good game, liked the Olympic angle a lot.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #1191
MartinD
High School Varsity

Thanks for running the game, EagleFan, and sorry again for having to drop out part-way through.

It's a pity that I didn't manage to stick around for one more day - I had a pretty good feeling that Thomkal was a wolf (partly from his posts to the thread, partly from the Team Germany PMs), but hoops took over from me before I could do anything about it in-thread.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #1192
Thomkal
Head Coach

See this is why I don't play much, because it seems like I'm always seen as a wolf even when I'm not. Guess I don't know how to post like a villager. Martin what was it about my Team Germany posts that tipped you off? I mean I agreed to a rotation system, I didn't try to grab a bonus, spent points on every event trying to win them, didn't ask what your roles were, etc.

NTN nearly didn't last the night he and Darth were up for the lynch. I wanted to get rid of him because yeah his views were random, but they got better the less players in the game their were, so wanted him out. We almost didn't get our kill in that night cause we waited too long to discuss it. I sent in Ntn's name right when Pass sent in Autumn's. He convinced me to go with Autumn, and I'm certainly glad he did now. Thanks to him and Poli for the veteran wolf advice because I'm an even worse wolf than villager.

That night one no-kill screwup sure turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it led to all kind of conversion talk. Overall I think the village just forgot about the roles after a while. I mean there was almost no talk about the soothsayer or cultist-and no one tried to check the way you could signal the cultist-which we did on day 3 and I think we had a couple of other first votes in the game too. No one tried to get everyone to say a statement the soothsayer could check out if in the game. But I think the biggest mistake for the village was not taking out Poli when the Fool was not night-killed. It really was the village's best chance at a wolf even given the Fool's random views. Taking out ntn, even though he was a villager, would have helped too because we milked his continual presence the rest of the game. The village didn't really go after the teams that won the events where there were a wolf mystery event bonus either, I probably should have been voted out after winning mine.

Too bad Darth didn't live long enough to "clear" me, that would have been the icing on the cake. Darth what was up with you attacking ntn when he came out as the seer? Did you forget there was a chance he was the Fool? You could have scanned him that night rather than coming out like you did, it lead directly to your lynching.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 AM   #1193
KWhit
Coordinator

So frustrating.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #1194
Thomkal
Head Coach

Enjoyed the game a lot EF-the Olympics teams really added a whole new dimension to the game-not only did we wolves had to watch what we said in the main thread we had to watch what we said in the team thread too. The bonuses for the events added a different strategy too as we debated after which events to go after, and trying to save our effort points in case there was a bonus we wanted later in the game. The change in the cultist was interesting too. And I loved the "deaths" writeups in the game a lot. Great job, you should run it every Olympics from now on.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #1195
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Night one was no night kill submitted.

Lathum and PB were simultaneously working on screwing each other over as Lathum was fixing the event so that he would win and PB would be in last place. At the same time PB was sending in a request to duke to Lathum. I thought it was karma.

Night five was PB's bonus being used (from the Sweden gold). Had a 1-25 (out of 100) roll chance to "block" an attack and rolled a 22.

One thing that I think could have won the game for the village today. If a villager came out and said "I am the cultist" and asked the wolves who to vote for, to see if they would have bitten. Looking at the numbers if a cultist existed the game would have been over with it being 4-3 (3 wolves + cultist) after day five.

I wasn't very clear on this, but I thought that since there were votes placed on both me and Poli earlier in the game, the cultist would have known we were both wolves.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #1196
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

NTN nearly didn't last the night he and Darth were up for the lynch. I wanted to get rid of him because yeah his views were random, but they got better the less players in the game their were, so wanted him out. We almost didn't get our kill in that night cause we waited too long to discuss it. I sent in Ntn's name right when Pass sent in Autumn's. He convinced me to go with Autumn, and I'm certainly glad he did now. Thanks to him and Poli for the veteran wolf advice because I'm an even worse wolf than villager.

I'm not sure it would have mattered -- killing NTN might have resulted in the same outcome, really. You may have been right about the Fool's scans, but generally the Fool is considered to be a complete waste, so I didn't expect the village to take stock in his scans. Also, it was really close to a tight deadline, and I couldn't be bothered with checking out those rules while making sure I stuck my nose in the last-minute voting.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #1197
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
But I think the biggest mistake for the village was not taking out Poli when the Fool was not night-killed. It really was the village's best chance at a wolf even given the Fool's random views.

I think this was huge, too. As I was pushing for this, I was worried that I was being too honest with the village. This is exactly why we didn't night-kill NTN when he revealed -- since he scanned Poli and said he was good, we knew he was the Fool. I kept expecting a Poli-NTN runoff, which we really didn't want -- since I figure Poli would have lost, or at the very least, they'd come after him the next day.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #1198
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also, you guys had the crap scared out of us on Monday! I'm pretty sure there were vote for all three wolves before anyone voted for another villager. It was 5-3, and we knew Thomkal had two votes from winning his event, so we were sitting pretty -- but it seemed like we were all getting heat. I was hoping for a tie and no lynch, but then I remembered halfway through the day that no lynch meant no night-kill, so the next day the heat would still be on us, and we wouldn't have Thomkal's bonus. How the tide moved off of all of us that day I don't know -- I guess it's like hoops said about being lucky instead of good.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM   #1199
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was fairly certain ntn and telle were going to turn around and vote me out that first day when I gave them the "One Team, One Fight, Three Drinks A Night" PM.

As I told everone in the thread, I didn't get a response directly from them, but NTN voted autumn, I followed along as I said I would, and Telle did as well later in the day.

I did keep up my end of the bargain. I never voted for them and even tried to keep the talk of nightkills from them. I hated that telle was the lynch. I really wanted it to be pass. Just because that would have been awesome.

I felt under fire from the get-go with my top-down strategy...and while it relented for a day or two or three, I figured ntn's reveal would get me lynched. I even brought it up that it was either hoops or me as a wolf...and it seemingly got swept under the rug, even when DV cleared hoops! I was prepped to go after hoops, claiming he had to be the cunning...but that never really surfaced.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #1200
Telle
College Starter

Well that sucked. I was pretty certain that Thomkal was a wolf when he seemed to pick my name out of a hat for lynching.. but I was focused on finding the 1-2 wolves amongst Pass, Poli, and ntn.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote