Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2008, 02:31 PM   #1701
The Jackal
Coordinator

claphamsa has found the center of the labyrinth!!

commoners win!

claphamsa was a velociraptor

KWhit was Loki

Passacaglia was The Alchemist

PurdueBrad was an Ancient!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #1702
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The description of his role though is such that as Phoenix, he should continue to rise again. I believe even Mccollins outlined it that way.

I think so, too.

Anyway, I'm still trying to get to the center. How many licks will it take?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #1703
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

go me its my birthday go me its my birthday

(Its not really my birthday)

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #1704
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
claphamsa has found the center of the labyrinth!!

commoners win!

claphamsa was a velociraptor

KWhit was Loki

Passacaglia was The Alchemist

PurdueBrad was an Ancient!

THAT many! Sweet!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #1705
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Even though this game got quiet, I thought there was still a lot of suspense to it. I want to see a freaking map, and know what powers everyone had! I don't recall myself ever being in a game with so few people remaining.

Good game, PB -- I saw that you voted KWhit last night, and that clap voted KWhit this morning, and I thought about saying, "Maybe we should just vote KWhit today after all." I guess it wouldn't have mattered since clap found the center before that, though. Did your powers actually get stripped?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #1706
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

For whatever its worth, I figured PB for an Ancient from when the spear thing occured with Path. It seems like every game that uses items that has ever occured in WW, the bad guys are more willing to pass items to gain trust than good guys who are more naturally suspicious of anyone or everything and why they might want that item.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #1707
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also -- were you just making up that stuff about the door with the light behind it, and the rope? If so, good imagery!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #1708
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yeah and who the hell would make up a stirge?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #1709
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

i woudla said i was a tigon or something like that :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:48 PM   #1710
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For whatever its worth, I figured PB for an Ancient from when the spear thing occured with Path. It seems like every game that uses items that has ever occured in WW, the bad guys are more willing to pass items to gain trust than good guys who are more naturally suspicious of anyone or everything and why they might want that item.

There were things that pinged me about PB which I had mentioned earlier, but at that point, my worry was path. When he said he could use half the spear, I used my scanning potion on him. Truth be told, though, I was really afraid I was going to have to choose between PB and KWhit the next day, and I wasn't looking forward to it.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #1711
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
There were things that pinged me about PB which I had mentioned earlier, but at that point, my worry was path. When he said he could use half the spear, I used my scanning potion on him. Truth be told, though, I was really afraid I was going to have to choose between PB and KWhit the next day, and I wasn't looking forward to it.

yeah i made my educated gues... and was wrong. good thing i found the center!

there was a riddle. but it was super easy!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #1712
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Also -- why did you kill Abe? Was the the only one in your section, or did you just see right through our made-up argument?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #1713
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I asked jackyl, and coolins would not have come back,. I was right

I would liek to hear about Loki tho, not knowing what team? thats what really sold it for me

a win we achieve
haiku leads to victory
RendeR is jelous

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:51 PM   #1714
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh and RendeR, why did you rhyme>??

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #1715
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow...lots of questions. Here's what I can tell you:

I made up the Strix. I had to do some research to pick something obscure and that I could use for proof. One of my big last pushes was going to be that RendeR knew my role which is why he and I had the Batman conversations.

I did make up the rope, door, pit, etc. I didn't see anything fun except a dead end for the last three or four days.

Kill choices were based on location. I had a choice of Abe or KWhit. I knew that killing KWhit would end up getting me killed. Mccollins was not coming back as we had stripped him of his powers.

OH, yeah, and no, my powers were never taken.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #1716
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
The description of his role though is such that as Phoenix, he should continue to rise again. I believe even Mccollins outlined it that way.

Yeah, I lied about that so the wolves wouldn't "waste" a kill on me.

I only had one resurrection in the game and, apparently, the inferno device was randomly placed in me. BOOOO. PB had to do something to set it off though.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #1717
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

I put myself in a bad situation there (shows how bad I am as a wolf). I described my situation so that I could generate some trust through honesty and then all of a sudden Path was all over it because he needed it. At that point, I was stuck and had to give it up.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #1718
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Mccollins was not coming back as we had stripped him of his powers.

Actually, when (ntndeacon, I believe, from talking to PurdueBrad) attempted to strip my powers, there was nothing for him to strip. Not sure if he got that same message.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #1719
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post

I only had one resurrection in the game and, apparently, the inferno device was randomly placed in me. BOOOO. PB had to do something to set it off though.

Yeah, I could scan each day to find this device. Once we found it, we could set it off. I got impatient, Tyrith was probably right about waiting, and we nuked you. I was amazed when you came back.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM   #1720
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, when (ntndeacon, I believe, from talking to PurdueBrad) attempted to strip my powers, there was nothing for him to strip. Not sure if he got that same message.

Yeah, I put that together today which made me sad because I really thought that ntn might be returning today after taking your powers. Had that happened, it put two wolves back in play and they would have to waste a day voting him out again. Damn, close though.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #1721
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Nice win villagers
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #1722
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, you asked a bit more specific question than I answered. I had unblockable kill ability so Abe's supposed potion did not concern me. Had I not been the one doing the kill than he probably wouldn't have been targeted.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #1723
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah, and Jackal:

AWESOME GAME.

I really do love the games where players oftentimes have choices and this rocked.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #1724
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thanks PB.

Ill try and get the map scanned and uploaded asap, but that will prob be next week.

I got some stuff to do now but ill do full powers later, or people can just reveal themselves - but feel free to ask questions.

Originally I wanted 20 people, 4 equal sections, 1 ancient in each, but with 3 ancients I had to improvise so the kill choices were basically a fluctuating circle surrounding each ancient.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #1725
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Very fun game. Pissed that I didn't last past the 2nd day, but what can you do

I was the wolverine, as it said, and I had the ability to basically fend off an attack. I could also attack others - but I didn't have time to really do either. ntn killed me on the 2nd night and I gave him a good fight, but was overpowered. So it was a bitch to sit here and watch you guys get close to lynching him and then not

Very fun game, way to go villagers!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #1726
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

There are some things in this that I am using for my next WW game, so you get kudos for that, inspiration and such. Overall, good job! And I want to make sure you know that I was overall happy, before I move into my concerns.

There are a few concerns I had, however.

Firstly: Moving the deadline because some players had not gotten their actions in was, in my opinion and from my admittedly limited vantage point, very poorly thought out. Extending a deadline for a non-emergency just shouldn;t be something I'd want a GM to do. It changes the dynamic of the game. Players who might have been able to be around at the 10 deadline might have to go to bed by midnight, other players might have come home early from a night out, or chose to keep their schedule clear, only to find nothing happened. Someone who might have forgotten about the deadline might arrive later and get a vote in, changing the vote, and casuing things to be different, etc. Too many variables to delay a deadline, to my mind.

Skipping a Deadline - I understand that unlike the one above, this was done for personal reasons, not for in game reasons. However, in a game where the villagers have to arrive on a certain space, its important not to steal turns from the villagers, which is what taking the 3 pm deadline does.

Public Posting of Hidden Info - I blamed you for not giving me teh info that I met clap, and then you posted that you did, which proves that clap and I met. Perhaps a wolf might have wanted to push this point and drive clap and me from the villagers. Perhaps some had doubts, even though clap and I gave the same story, but when you publicly stated that claphamsa and I met, you gave the players information that they would not normally have available to them.

Anyway, over all, solid, and its hard to balance as much stuff as you did, and you did well. Good job!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #1727
RendeR
Coordinator

I was the Cast off. I am technically an Ancient, but I was weaker than the rest, not strong enough or powerful enough for them, so they threw me out.

Therefore my only real reason for being here was of course, REVENGE!

I knew that NTN and Tyrith were ancients from the beginning, which is why I dropped their names regularly in my posts. I tried at one point to tell Clphamsa directly that NTN and Tyr were the ones to vote for (Puff the magic dragon), the third ancient (PB) I couldn't sense at the beginning, but like Alan the spear situation was pretty much a dead giveaway in my mind. I just didn't live long enough to do anythg about him.

I could defend 1 person per night OR I could sabotage one of the ancients each night, but not both.

night 1 I stopped Tyrith from doing whatever it was he had planned (From my PM I assume he was trying to attack someone). After that it was cat n mouse with protections and I tried to sabotage NTN the night PB killed me.

The rhyming was simply my own invention that was a gag for the first day really, but it turned into such a fun thing to watch your reactions and theories about it that I kept it up. (It kept jackyl entertained so i figured it couldn't hurt)

The dragon was a result of the song I had to sing do to walking into what I assume was a trap room. I had to sing a song and fight something based on the song I chose.

I chose...poorly. but I still beat him

Great game Jackly, I enjoyed it ver much. My Role rocked!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #1728
RendeR
Coordinator

Oh and the kicker was that I was unable to EVER come out and vote for an ancient or claim to have any real knowledge about who they were, hence the name dropping in my song.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #1729
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Great minds think alike -- weird that I told the same lie about Abe that you told about yourself, yet both you and Abe ended up getting killed. However, before Abe died, I kept thinking, "if Abe is bad, I just screwed us hard."
Old 08-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #1730
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

GO TEAM GOOD-GUYS!!! YAY!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #1731
path12
Coordinator

I didn't realize this was over. Yay us! So, who conked me on the head and stole the other half of my spear? I found out I would have lived in my minotaur attack had I had both halves....
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM   #1732
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Also, who took out Lathum's first head because that was not a wolf move?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #1733
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yea I believe I did, but by the time Iread it I was dead. So I did not pass on the info. I was hopeful , though. I did wish ihad thought about stealingLathum's power earlier to try to kill him early. I was glad that worked like it did.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 AM   #1734
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Yea I believe I did, but by the time Iread it I was dead. So I did not pass on the info. I was hopeful , though. I did wish ihad thought about stealingLathum's power earlier to try to kill him early. I was glad that worked like it did.

Does that mean you're also the one who stole my powers the first night?
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #1735
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ntn's the one who killed me. jerk!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #1736
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
ntn's the one who killed me. jerk!

Me too - and I almost killed the bastard too, but he got me. *sigh*
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #1737
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just got back and wanted to respond to these things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent
Firstly: Moving the deadline because some players had not gotten their actions in was, in my opinion and from my admittedly limited vantage point, very poorly thought out.

I didn't want to do this but as you mention later, this game was very dependent on people being able to move as much as possible, and because I was requiring a lot of participation from people, I didn't mind moving one deadline when I only had 2 or 3 out of 10 actions, something like that.

Quote:
Skipping a Deadline - I understand that unlike the one above, this was done for personal reasons, not for in game reasons. However, in a game where the villagers have to arrive on a certain space, its important not to steal turns from the villagers, which is what taking the 3 pm deadline does.

This game took up a large part of my life and I think I did a pretty good job being around to respond to any problems and concerns - and I simply couldn't make this one deadline. Again I didn't want to do this, but perhaps moving the deadline back sort of balanced things out.

Quote:
Public Posting of Hidden Info - I blamed you for not giving me teh info that I met clap, and then you posted that you did, which proves that clap and I met. Perhaps a wolf might have wanted to push this point and drive clap and me from the villagers. Perhaps some had doubts, even though clap and I gave the same story, but when you publicly stated that claphamsa and I met, you gave the players information that they would not normally have available to them.

This is what I was most angry at myself about, but as soon as I'd posted it there was nothing I could do about it. I revealed information a couple of times.. nothing too crucial, but I would have liked to avoid it. Again, because the game was so complicated and this was my first experience with a non-basic game, I had a few missteps. Shouldn't happen again.

Next time I run a game I'd be willing to do a sequel to this one - now that I've run it I could build and manage it even better, but I'll give people the option for this or something else as I know not everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks for playin'.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #1738
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I WANT A MAP!

And something that tells me how everyone moved.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #1739
The Jackal
Coordinator

The labyrinth is back in new york, I'll try and scan/upload it on Friday.

Velociraptors had one normal move, then one random move (though I never took them backwards).

The Minotaur also had one normal move and one random move.

Everyone else (ancients included) had one move per phase.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #1740
The Jackal
Coordinator

BTW RendeR - if you'd chosen the horse you would've gotten a speed boost, and whatever the other animal was would've become your companion that you could send out in search of other players. The bird was the only one that attacked.

Last edited by The Jackal : 08-19-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:55 PM   #1741
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh and I used a pencil/eraser to move people. I'll try and remember where everyone started and where they died, though.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:27 AM   #1742
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I didn't realize this was over. Yay us! So, who conked me on the head and stole the other half of my spear? I found out I would have lived in my minotaur attack had I had both halves....

That was me. It was before I knew if I was on the good team or bad team and I kind of wanted to jazz things up a bit and cause some mischief. I almost gave it back to you near the end, but ultimately decided against it because I would have had to do it publicly in the main thread and I was afraid that would draw heat on me. So I decided to let you bite it (although I didn't know specifically that's what would happen - just that the spear would help you).

Sorry about that.

KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #1743
Passacaglia
Coordinator

hahah that would have been awesome...

"Hey, here's that spear I stole from you! You trust me now, right?"
Old 08-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #1744
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
That was me. It was before I knew if I was on the good team or bad team and I kind of wanted to jazz things up a bit and cause some mischief. I almost gave it back to you near the end, but ultimately decided against it because I would have had to do it publicly in the main thread and I was afraid that would draw heat on me. So I decided to let you bite it (although I didn't know specifically that's what would happen - just that the spear would help you).

Sorry about that.

Ha! That's pretty funny in retrospect. Won't stop you from being my next day 1 vote though!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:39 AM   #1745
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Does that mean you're also the one who stole my powers the first night?

I was the one who stole all powers. got a nice speed formula out of it. good ole bat wing.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #1746
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
hahah that would have been awesome...

"Hey, here's that spear I stole from you! You trust me now, right?"

Yeah - probably wouldn't have worked so well.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #1747
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I was the one who stole all powers. got a nice speed formula out of it. good ole bat wing.

Damn, other people had bat wings, too? Y'all were holding out on me. Did a speed potion do anything for you, though, since you didn't have to get anywhere?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #1748
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn, other people had bat wings, too? Y'all were holding out on me. Did a speed potion do anything for you, though, since you didn't have to get anywhere?

I can tell you one thing from memory - by the end of the game PB and NTN were both in the upper left corner of the labyrinth, so the speed potion would've been invaluable to NTN for getting back towards the center.. if the game hadn't ended PB might not have been able to kill anyone the last couple of nights.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #1749
The Jackal
Coordinator

As soon as I can -find- a scanner, Ill see what I can do about getting this up, for those that were still interested.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #1750
Crim
College Benchwarmer

What-the-frick-ever, The Jackal. Axl Rose thinks you've been milking this out for too long.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote