FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #3252
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Speaking of which Shoveler I suggest you don't interrogate anyone else with crap physical stats. That definitely includes me. You never actually came back with what you learned about Suicane.

All I found out was that Suicane was not a murderer. Whether that was due to his ability or if he hadn't killed anyone I do not know. I was not aware that he was a resistance member.

I hesitated to mention what I found in the hope that he wouldn't get killed off as every other person I have interrogated has been thus far. Unfortunately it is obvious who has been interrogated which singles that person out.

I can also reveal that Timmae was not a murderer as well. That information is no longer classified.

Everyone I have cleared is now deceased. So I'm not sure that interrogations going forward are going to yield results in a timely enough fashion to be helpful. I'll have to think on this more during the day today.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #3253
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Can the police corps protect the scientist and engineers meanwhile we are working for the colony?
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:18 AM   #3254
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3253:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)

Elections
Yes 1 - Narcizo (3246)
No 3 - Raven (3229), Sharkn20 (3238), Grover (3251)

Actions
Retrieve Communicator 1 - Raven (3229)
Upgrade Research Center 2 - Sharkn20 (3237), Narcizo (3248)
Design Upgrade Defense 1 - Grover (3251)
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #3255
The Jackal
Coordinator

Vote Action Design Upgrade Defense
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #3256
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to hold off on a new election decision until we hear from some more people today, including Thom
Old 03-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #3257
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I'm going to hold off on a new election decision until we hear from some more people today, including Thom

Aye, I would imagine he'll be all about a new election.

Can any of the advocates of maintaining the status quo care to step in to post why they believe we're best off keeping things as they are? I think I've stated my argument fairly succiently (by my standards). But here's the bullet points
1) at least gives us a ceasefire from wolf situation allowing us to concentrate on getting the colony in shape
2) also lets us get to grips with the Angel situation unhindered by wolfy activities.
3) possibly the disbanding of one of the wolf groups (the Resistance will have nothing to resist).

What are we gaining by staying how we are? I'm sure there are some things (I can even think of some myself but I've no interest in playing devil's advocate) so why isn't anyone even bothering to make the points.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #3258
The Jackal
Coordinator

The one major counter-point to a new election is that we'd probably be subject to a kill and our numbers are dwindling. However, the counter to that is that if we lynch a villager we're in even worse shape.

Who knows what kind of mechanics we'd trigger by electing a new leader, but things certainly haven't been going well recently.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #3259
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, but now that I re-read Narc's post it reminds me that a new election wouldn't allow night actions, right? That makes me lean more towards it.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #3260
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote new election
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #3261
Grover
Pro Starter

Okay, I completely missed the post about a lynch vote being suspended if we vote for new elections.

I need to rethink this.

UNVOTE No New Elections

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
Old 03-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #3262
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm willing to listen to reasons why we shouldn't run a new election. If we had a surefire lynch candidate I'd be in favor of a lynch, but I don't think we do.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #3263
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3262:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)

Elections
Yes 2 - Narcizo (3246), The Jackal (3260)
No 2 - Raven (3229), Sharkn20 (3238)

Actions
Design Upgrade Defense 2 - Grover (3251), The Jackal (3255)
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
Old 03-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #3264
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

3) The Jackal - yeah. Got nothing.
8) ntndeacon - is our best medical guy so probably don't want to lynch just now without damning evidence. Unfortunately I think there's a better than base-line chance that he is a wolf.
9) Thomkal - can our leader be a Truth Seeker? Or the Angel? I guess but I think that's a bit out there so we won't go there.
11) Grover - Late vote switch from Sal to DanG strikes me as fairly villagerish, especially for a new player.
14) GoldenEagle - Was in jail when murderer killed Fonti, duked vote to fonti. Makes him positive to me.
15) DanGarion - there's the whole Britrock thing. I think that's a pretty strong indicator that DG isn't a Seeker. He also garnered votes from Suicane which leans to him not being Resistance either.
16) Raven - not much. The whole Zinto MUST BE LYNCHED thing prods me into thinking he's a villager. I'm not sure a wolf goes out on that sort of a limb, but kudos if he is a wolf.
18) Shoveler - could the semi-seer also be a wolf. I guess if his seer power is solely to discover the Angel. I'll give him a pass for now.
19) Zinto - Not a fat lot of anything to be honest.
20) Narcizo - ?
21) SharkN20 - extra vote shenanighans possibly point away from being wolfy. Has got the whole "new villager on the block" schtick down very well.

So I'm thinking Jackal or Zinto. I really want to avoid some sort of misguided Zinto vs Raven bandwagon though. I would like more from teh Jackal so prod, prod.

Vote Jackal
Old 03-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #3265
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm willing to listen to reasons why we shouldn't run a new election. If we had a surefire lynch candidate I'd be in favor of a lynch, but I don't think we do.

We still have to lynch someone today right?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #3266
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
We still have to lynch someone today right?

I believe so. I think the election vote changes the dynamic for tomorrow if we go that route.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #3267
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Looking more at Britrock's vote on GoldenEagle day seven and you could definitely make the case that Brit threw GE under the bus so that the duke could be used. So I definitely wouldn't discount GE from being a Truth Seeker. But the percentage-play seems to not to be to vote for him just now.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:14 AM   #3268
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3267:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)
The Jackal 1 - Narcizo (3264)

Elections
Yes 2 - Narcizo (3246), The Jackal (3260)

Actions
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #3269
Shoveler
High School Varsity

So if we choose to have elections does it become an open vote for anyone situation, or will there be a set list of candidates?

Narc believes there are 4 baddies left, and there are 11 of us in total. If the vote is open, and we assume that thomkal will not win, and to be honest with my background I doubt the resistance would be any more likely to be quelled if I were leader, we can rule out 2 candidates. That leaves 9 candidates.

I know that Thom and myself are not the angel of mercy, so one of the 9 candidates is. Thom in my mind is definitely not resistance, if he was I have no idea what the hell the resistance was formed for in the first place. If he is a seeker (and depending how you feel about me) there are 2-4 baddies in that group of 9.

I don't think the leader can be lynched. I am not certain about that, but given the wording that Thomkal is passing judgement over the person we vote to be lynched, I am guessing he is immune. Maybe we need clarification here.

So do we want to take the chance that we elect a baddie into a position that may or may not be immune to lynching?

I'm not sold one way or the other, just wanted to bring up what I see as a potential pitfall if we go the election route.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #3270
Grover
Pro Starter

If we were willing to go through with new elections, I would put myself up as a candidate to become the new leader.

We have had excellent success in the engineering department under my leadership. Upgrades have been made across the board and having previous experience in space and with systems of these kinds, I feel I am a natural fit.

I am willing to do what it takes to root out the Angel of Mercy, the Truth Seekers and the Resistance. We can still have a functioning colony on Mars. We can not only survive, but thrive here.

I would also give up my post as head engineer. I would not appoint a replacement without the approval of the rest of our crew.

Let's hold new elections. We can still make this colony a success. I can help us lead the way there.

VOTE hold new elections

Old 03-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #3271
Grover
Pro Starter

I think holding elections is smart. Yes, we lose a lynch vote and night actions, but that will save us for another night. We need another day to regroup, process and discuss. It is paramount that we find the wolves and root them out.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 AM   #3272
Grover
Pro Starter

I also want to thank Thomkal for his leadership in what has been a very troubled time. None of us saw what happened coming and he has dealt with it best as he can. It is unfair to assign any blame to him, though I know he blames himself heavily. He took control when we needed somebody to take control. I can honestly say I did vote for fontisian. I thought he original leadership was the correct path to pursue when we landed. However, I can unequivocally say I am not a member of the Resistance nor The Seekers. I am but a humble villager who wants what is best for the rest of us trying to eke out a living in this harsh Martian landscape.

I urge you, brothers, support the elections. Support my candidacy. I will not let you down.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:19 AM   #3273
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Despite his meh engineering ability, I would support Grover as the new leader of the colony.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #3274
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Despite his meh engineering ability, I would support Grover as the new leader of the colony.

Thank you, GE. I hope that we can forge forward together and put our past squabbles behind us.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #3275
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If you choose to run new elections, they will run on day 11 and there will be no night actions or lynch vote that day.

We are currently on Day 10. This note says if we choose reelections, there will be no lynch on day 11. Which implies that there still needs to be a day 10 lynch.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #3276
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
We are currently on Day 10. This note says if we choose reelections, there will be no lynch on day 11. Which implies that there still needs to be a day 10 lynch.

Thank you for clarification.

My point still stands, though that day of being able to process is one day further forward.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #3277
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

vote new election
Old 03-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #3278
The Jackal
Coordinator

So as far as I go, it should have been clear that my primary motivation was to be the head of the engineering team. Once that didn't happen, I've had nothing occur the rest of the game. No attacks, no items, no bits of information. Just sitting along and watchin' and believing I should be on any engineering task because that'll raise the chances of it being successful.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #3279
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Thanks for this, for some reason I was under the impression that a new election would cancel out lynch vote today.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #3280
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3279:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)

Elections
Yes 4 - Narcizo (3246), The Jackal (3260), Grover (3270), GoldenEagle (3277)

Actions
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
Old 03-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #3281
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think I'm looking at Zinto/Raven, shark, and ntn. I agree that it's hard to take out ntn being the only medical staff left but that could have been part of the plan to ensure he'd survive by taking out the other medical folk. But they were also smart targets since their skills would help keep people alive.

Raven's directive post rubbed me the wrong way, but I need to go back and look at more posts there. At the time it would have struck me as surprising that Zinto would come out so strongly against Thomkal as a wolf, so he's got that in his favor.

I don't want to get us pigeon-holed between two people today though, not the best for vote history.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #3282
Thomkal
Head Coach

vote call for no-elections

Of the various colonist actions, I'd like to see the communication equipment retrieved and the colony and the defensive upgrade planned. Should be no surprise I don't want elections, especially these because it comes at the cost of a lynch and night actions.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #3283
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
So clearly there's been a fair bit of ballot box-stuffing involved in this vote. Crimson got a +1 vote which I believe is Thomkal's extra vote. Shark on the other hand got +2 votes from somewhere. I see two main possibilities
a) Crimson got a +2 vote from somewhere
b) Someone was trying to cause confusion by getting Shark lynched instead of Crimson so that we would all be voting Crimson today.
Makes me a smidgeon more trusting of Shark. Plus his general demeanor yesterday spoke of a new player villager.

Next up there was only one night kill again. Do the two wolf teams get alternate night kills after the first one?

Also worth noting that we've been absolutely useless as a village so far. Three wolves down and not one of them caught in a lynch.

Narcizo I do not have an extra vote power though I wish I did. Someone else who voted for him is the likely culprit. And CF, his protests aside, was not our friend, Despite our horrible record as villagers, I feel good that we will find our Angel of Mercy soon as the number of candidates is more manageable now.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:42 AM   #3284
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post

Can the police corps protect the scientist and engineers meanwhile we are working for the colony?

Once my enemies let me have a police force then yes they can protect you.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:43 AM   #3285
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
I think I'm looking at Zinto/Raven, shark, and ntn. I agree that it's hard to take out ntn being the only medical staff left but that could have been part of the plan to ensure he'd survive by taking out the other medical folk. But they were also smart targets since their skills would help keep people alive.

Raven's directive post rubbed me the wrong way, but I need to go back and look at more posts there. At the time it would have struck me as surprising that Zinto would come out so strongly against Thomkal as a wolf, so he's got that in his favor.

I don't want to get us pigeon-holed between two people today though, not the best for vote history.

This is b.s. By my theory, Zinto came out against Thomkal before he was a wolf (before The Resistance was formed).

You have no reason to trust me. I expect that I am just as suspect as everyone else on your list, as I should be. You also should have no reason to trust Zinto. If you believe I am a wolf of some sort then vote for me. It's as simple as that. If your suspect list is only me, Zinto, shark and ntn, then you eliminate 25% of your suspects tonight simply by voting for me or Zinto. If that was truly your list, then you should be glad to eliminate me or Zinto tonight.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #3286
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
This is b.s. By my theory, Zinto came out against Thomkal before he was a wolf (before The Resistance was formed).

You have no reason to trust me. I expect that I am just as suspect as everyone else on your list, as I should be. You also should have no reason to trust Zinto. If you believe I am a wolf of some sort then vote for me. It's as simple as that. If your suspect list is only me, Zinto, shark and ntn, then you eliminate 25% of your suspects tonight simply by voting for me or Zinto. If that was truly your list, then you should be glad to eliminate me or Zinto tonight.

When do you think I was converted to the Resistance? Your timeline doesn't make a lot of sense.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #3287
Raven
College Prospect

Fellow Colonists,

I can not assure you 100% that Zinto is part of The Resistance. I am basing this off of my theory of how The Resistance was formed. I have already requested that you vote me vs Zinto tonight. If Zinto is part of The Resistance, you will know that I am not. No way would Resistance pit one of their own vs another at this point, because everything is so cloudy at this point and they could spread votes around to someone else.

If you vote me vs Zinto tonight,I have told you that you can lynch me next time and I will not fight it. If he ends up being a regular colonist, I would fully expect to be lynched and be suspect #1.

If Zinto is part of The Resistance, then The Resistance will continue to cause confusion and avoid me vs Zinto tonight. They will posture an find an out, so that they can save him tonight. They are preying on causing more confusion, and their goal is to avoid me vs Zinto tonight.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #3288
Zinto
College Starter

Also, do you think Narcizo is a part of the Resistance too? He has come out and said he voted for Font.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #3289
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Also, do you think Narcizo is a part of the Resistance too? He has come out and said he voted for Font.

I did as well, for the record.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #3290
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think I'm looking at Zinto/Raven, shark, and ntn. I agree that it's hard to take out ntn being the only medical staff left but that could have been part of the plan to ensure he'd survive by taking out the other medical folk. But they were also smart targets since their skills would help keep people.

There is the fact that the Resistance took out both medics - paving the way for NTN. That could suggest that NTN is Resistance. Hopefully a re-election would mollify the Resistance effectively converting him/them back to villager.I actually have a feeling that NTN could be the Angel. Wasn't his initial backstory pretty vague?

I wish Raven hadn't made his play about Zinto coz I'd probably be looking there at the moment.

Voting records are probably not fantastically useful at this point. We probably have two lone wolves and a duo. Not going to get much of a read from that.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #3291
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just reading back through the posts from last night, and I want to remind you that the Russians are coming, and now that their spy is gone, they aren't going to care one bit about the Angel of Mercy or what factions we are in here-they likely will be trying to kill us all so they can claim Mars for their own. We need to have the defenses improved and ready when they get here.

And yes while it will suck to let the wolves kill again if there no elections, I'm pretty sure many of us by now have night actions that will benefit the colony. I do, and I don't want to be able to not guard someone because of an election that will likely take such an ability away in such a crucial time for the colony. If we are going to be at war soon, then a general is your best leader.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:59 AM   #3292
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3290:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)

Elections
Yes 4 - Narcizo (3246), The Jackal (3260), Grover (3270), GoldenEagle (3277)
No 3 - Raven (3229), Sharkn20 (3238), Thomkal (3282)

Actions
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
Old 03-03-2015, 12:00 PM   #3293
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

Why have you not yet voted for me?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #3294
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Why have you not yet voted for me?

Why do I have to vote for you? Why do you refuse to look at how my anti-Thom posts came after he was already elected? Why do you have blinders on?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #3295
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Raven it's looking more and more like you have an ulterior motive to target Zinto. I don't understand how you possibly can be as certain as you seem to be without evidence. If you're a villager but mistaken we'll be left chasing our tails for two more days and could be four villagers down by the end of it all. Not ideal. If you have anything you want to reveal to back up your case then now would be the time to do so. At the moment you're making me less willing to vote Zinto.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #3296
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
I wish Raven hadn't made his play about Zinto coz I'd probably be looking there at the moment.

What exactly would have you found by "looking" at Zinto?
Everything in this game is based on hunches. You won't find any concrete evidence that points to one person or another.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #3297
Grover
Pro Starter

Raven, I understand that you're frustrated. You want to find out who is in the Resistance and The Seekers and who the Angel is as much as the rest of us. But putting yourself on this crusade of Raven vs. Zinto seems counterproductive and counterintuitive. Trying to force the colony to vote for and lynch you to prove your innocence is not going to help us survive.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #3298
Zinto
College Starter

Raven I am seriously going to ask you to make the case for your timeline. When do you think people were recruited into the resistance? How do my posts line up with that timeline? I honestly believe if you do that your timeline will not work out.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #3299
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Raven it's looking more and more like you have an ulterior motive to target Zinto. I don't understand how you possibly can be as certain as you seem to be without evidence. If you're a villager but mistaken we'll be left chasing our tails for two more days and could be four villagers down by the end of it all. Not ideal. If you have anything you want to reveal to back up your case then now would be the time to do so. At the moment you're making me less willing to vote Zinto.

There is no PUBLIC EVIDENCE in this game!!! If anyone has any evidence at all, they are not revealing it to anyone publicly. It's all based on hunches.

If I am a villager but mistaken, yes we learn nothing new, and I look like an idiot.
If I am a villager but correct, we take out a member of The Resistance.

If you don't want to vote for Zinto, then vote for me. If I die, you still learn nothing new - I 100% assure you of that. But you won't know that for certain unless you vote to lynch me.

If you vote for neither me nor Zinto, you're basically putting a name in a hat and blindly drawing.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #3300
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
There is no PUBLIC EVIDENCE in this game!!! If anyone has any evidence at all, they are not revealing it to anyone publicly. It's all based on hunches.

Clues cannot be deduced through voting patterns? A timeline of posts, etc, etc.

If you're so sure of your hunch, you should be trying to back it up. Not throwing another member of this colony against the wall and hoping that he will stick.