Old 03-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #3302
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 3301:

Lynch
Zinto 1 - Raven (3229)
The Jackal 1 - Narcizo (3264)

Elections
Yes 4 - Narcizo (3246), The Jackal (3260), Grover (3270), GoldenEagle (3277)
No 4 - Raven (3229), Sharkn20 (3238), Thomkal (3282), Shoveler (3201)

Actions
Retrieve Communicator 1 - Raven (3229)
Upgrade Research Center 2 - Sharkn20 (3237), Narcizo (3248)
Design Upgrade Defense 2 - Grover (3251), The Jackal (3255)
Explore Flatlands 0
Explore Heat Source 0
Explore Landing Site 0
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #3304
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Zinto is still, in my mind, part of The Resistance. If you're a good guy, you should be voting for him now. Anyone that does not vote for him is likely also part of The Resistance.

Raven - I'm not saying I don't agree with what you've been saying, but trying to force us into a 1 v 1 vote today probably isn't helpful. Maybe that's the way it will end up, and maybe that's a good thing - but unless you have 100% accurate information (i.e. a seer reveal that we trust) it just feels weird to be told that we better vote for X person otherwise we're a bad guy.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #3305
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just explaining my previous post about not liking being given a "directive".
Old 03-03-2015, 12:39 PM   #3306
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
If you vote for neither me nor Zinto, you're basically putting a name in a hat and blindly drawing.

I don't agree with this at this point in the game. What if you are both villagers? Is that not possible?
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #3307
The Jackal
Coordinator

@Narc and the group in general - I'm finding it difficult to consider people as I normally would without a firm grasp of how the groups are setup. Of course that is an intended wrinkle in this game, and that's fun - just I'm not anywhere near a place I feel confident about reading someone's actions/vote history as related to others as I might normally.

But then WW is often a crapshoot, unless you are Alan and nail all the wolves on D1.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #3308
Grover
Pro Starter

I understand why four of you do not hold elections. You're afraid of losing a lynch vote tomorrow.

However, have you considered that standing pat with our current leader is exactly what the opposition to this colony wants? We are stuck in the mud, spinning our wheels. We need to stand up for change. We need to fight back against the evil that lurks in the darkness, behind corners and among the shadows.

Will you stand by while the current regime allows us to be slaughtered by the wolves? Or will you stand up and fight for your freedom. Fight to free yourselves from the terror of the wolves, the terror of the Seekers and the terror of the Resistance.

We must be the ones to take this into our own hands. Thomkal's leadership has been doomed from the day he took control of the colony through Marshal Law and we have just stood by and accepted it.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #3309
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Raven - I'm not saying I don't agree with what you've been saying, but trying to force us into a 1 v 1 vote today probably isn't helpful. Maybe that's the way it will end up, and maybe that's a good thing - but unless you have 100% accurate information (i.e. a seer reveal that we trust) it just feels weird to be told that we better vote for X person otherwise we're a bad guy.

I have already addressed the 100% accuracy thing.

Quote:
Fellow Colonists,

I can not assure you 100% that Zinto is part of The Resistance. I am basing this off of my theory of how The Resistance was formed. I have already requested that you vote me vs Zinto tonight. If Zinto is part of The Resistance, you will know that I am not. No way would Resistance pit one of their own vs another at this point, because everything is so cloudy at this point and they could spread votes around to someone else.

If you vote me vs Zinto tonight,I have told you that you can lynch me next time and I will not fight it. If he ends up being a regular colonist, I would fully expect to be lynched and be suspect #1.

If Zinto is part of The Resistance, then The Resistance will continue to cause confusion and avoid me vs Zinto tonight. They will posture an find an out, so that they can save him tonight. They are preying on causing more confusion, and their goal is to avoid me vs Zinto tonight.

Quote:
I don't agree with this at this point in the game. What if you are both villagers? Is that not possible?

Of course that is possible. I believe I have already addressed that as well.

Quote:
There is no PUBLIC EVIDENCE in this game!!! If anyone has any evidence at all, they are not revealing it to anyone publicly. It's all based on hunches.

If I am a villager but mistaken, yes we learn nothing new, and I look like an idiot.
If I am a villager but correct, we take out a member of The Resistance.

If you don't want to vote for Zinto, then vote for me. If I die, you still learn nothing new - I 100% assure you of that. But you won't know that for certain unless you vote to lynch me.

If you vote for neither me nor Zinto, you're basically putting a name in a hat and blindly drawing.

Colonists are confused and don't know what to do, and The Resistance is trying to avoid a me vs Zinto lynch.

No one has to vote me vs Zinto, but if you don't, someone WILL be lynched tonight anyway. You may as well base that lynch on SOMETHING.
No one else has put their neck out there and suggested any other theories, so what else do any of you have to go on?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #3310
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Easily explained by my theory that The Resistance was not formed until after the secret vote. You spoke out against Thom and were jailed, before joining The Resistance. And joining would not have been optional, it would have been a triggered event by voting for font.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Clues cannot be deduced through voting patterns? A timeline of posts, etc, etc.

If you're so sure of your hunch, you should be trying to back it up. Not throwing another member of this colony against the wall and hoping that he will stick.

I am not going to spend 3 hours of my (real life) time quoting and tracking down any little seed of evidence. We're never going to find 100% solid DNA evidence. It would be a huge waste of my time.

I've already posted my theory and facts that I have found. If you don't read them or address them, then I am certainly not going to spend the rest of my day trying to prove it to you or anyone else.

And if you don't believe it, then fine, but what is YOUR theory?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #3311
Grover
Pro Starter

I don't think your "you voted for font so you're in the Resistance" theory holds up. I voted for font and I am not a member.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:32 PM   #3312
Zinto
College Starter

I don't even understand your theory or your timeline Raven. It honestly seems like you have a vendetta against me for either a win condition or because I called into question the fact you were seriously injured and were not killed by the Angel.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #3313
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think your "you voted for font so you're in the Resistance" theory holds up. I voted for font and I am not a member.

Raven's timeline doesn't even hold up. I don't understand when I was supposedly brought into the Resistance.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:34 PM   #3314
Zinto
College Starter

I will even take it a step further. I will post the time stamps and post numbers of when Thom was elected and when I was still calling into question his leadership.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #3315
Raven
College Prospect

Here I'll do half of that work for you.

Post 2190 Day 6 Results 2/25/2015 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day 6 Results

You wake up from the momentary lapse of consciousness and find a much different colony than you thought you once had.

Thomkal has assumed the lead role and is in charge of the police force.

He has thrown Zinto in prison for speaking out against him. Zinto cannot vote during day 7 but can only be in prison for one day, no one can be imprisoned for more than one day anymore... there are some rules.

CrimsonFox is still sitting in jail waiting to get let out. He is let out at the end of the day.

You have managed to gather the remainder of the supplies before the incident.

It has become clear that a murderer is among you and you must remove that person from the colony.

With all systems (biodome, government, medical, research and defense) up and running you have one focus for day seven.

Vote for a person whom you feel is the murderer. That person will be put up on trial, a trial decided on by Thomkal, and you will then decide the person's fate.

Day Seven has begun. The deadline is 10 PM EST Thursday.

Quote:
Night 7 Results

A lot has happened overnight.

Chief Rum has been found murdered in cold blood. Next to his body lies a note "Viva La Resistance". Chief Rum was an ER nurse who had lost everything to tragedy and volunteered for this mission to get away from it all, ultimately that was achieved.

JAG has been found in a pool of blood. There was a mighty struggle and he fell victim to his attacker. There is a note left with him as well, Seek the Truth. JAG was a high school football coach that was fired because of deflating balls. He joined the mission to start over.

There has been an accident. Another trap has been set and britrock88 was caught in the trap. He has been injured but it will not affect his actions for day 8.

There is a new government structure as Shoveler is now Thomkal's right hand man.

There has been a loss to the police force and to the medical staff. New choices are coming.

So The Resistance was formed sometime between Day 6 and Night 7.
CR was the first victim of The Resistance.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #3316
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I did too and I'm not part of the Resistance - that's at least 3 of us that have said so in the thread.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM   #3317
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
and The Resistance is trying to avoid a me vs Zinto lynch.

Sorry if you have answered this already, but why do you feel that is the case?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #3318
The Jackal
Coordinator

@Raven At this point I'm not trying to argue with you, or call you out, just responding to you calling my earlier post BS. I'm trying to work things out here just as others are and people being over the top doesn't help, in my experience.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #3319
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Day 6 Results

You wake up from the momentary lapse of consciousness and find a much different colony than you thought you once had.

Thomkal has assumed the lead role and is in charge of the police force.

He has thrown Zinto in prison for speaking out against him. Zinto cannot vote during day 7 but can only be in prison for one day, no one can be imprisoned for more than one day anymore... there are some rules.

CrimsonFox is still sitting in jail waiting to get let out. He is let out at the end of the day.

You have managed to gather the remainder of the supplies before the incident.

It has become clear that a murderer is among you and you must remove that person from the colony.

With all systems (biodome, government, medical, research and defense) up and running you have one focus for day seven.

Vote for a person whom you feel is the murderer. That person will be put up on trial, a trial decided on by Thomkal, and you will then decide the person's fate.

Day Seven has begun. The deadline is 10 PM EST Thursday.

Here is the day Seven results it is post 2190 at 10:37 PM Wednesday Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

Here is my first anti-Thom post. It was in response to the poem I stole from the night before. It is post 2243 at 10:27 AM Thursday Morning.

Quote:
It was a not so great move because EF said Day one that if we accomplished personal goals we got a extra ability. It completely hurt our colony.

This post was in response to Grover talking about Thom taking a role when he didn't have a personal goal. It is post 2244 at 10:29 AM.

Quote:
So to stop me from talking about how Thom clearly knew that this was going to be the outcome he:

1. Put me in jail for no reason.
2. Sent Shoveler to beat me up.
3. Voted for me. For talking against him. When we are trying to find a killer.

Here is more anti-Thom stuff. Post 2245 at 10:32 AM.

Quote:
Here you go Chief. All these scary posts outlining exactly what I was afraid of.

And here is me quoting my posts that were anti-Thom the day before. Post 2248 at 11:07 AM.

Quote:
Don't worry guys. Our terrible, awful, no good, dictator decided he won't decide someone is guilty if we vote for them.

Here is a response to Thom saying he won't lynch Font if we vote for her. Post 2412 at 5:06 PM

Quote:
Night 7 Results

A lot has happened overnight.

Chief Rum has been found murdered in cold blood. Next to his body lies a note "Viva La Resistance". Chief Rum was an ER nurse who had lost everything to tragedy and volunteered for this mission to get away from it all, ultimately that was achieved.

JAG has been found in a pool of blood. There was a mighty struggle and he fell victim to his attacker. There is a note left with him as well, Seek the Truth. JAG was a high school football coach that was fired because of deflating balls. He joined the mission to start over.

There has been an accident. Another trap has been set and britrock88 was caught in the trap. He has been injured but it will not affect his actions for day 8.

There is a new government structure as Shoveler is now Thomkal's right hand man.

There has been a loss to the police force and to the medical staff. New choices are coming.

And here are the results for that day. If you subscribe to Raven's theory I and all the other resistance were at least not brought together at 5:00 PM or five hours before the deadline. That would be crazy. Why would that be the case instead of at deadline the night before as everything changed?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:48 PM   #3320
The Jackal
Coordinator

Zinto being thrown in prison when the resistance was theoretically formed - certainly possible that opened up that choice for him afterwards.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #3321
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Just for future reference Raven after the game this is the sort of thing wolves love. Unless you're a wolf deflecting attention in which case you rock.

Either there's one guy left in the Resistance in which case there's no one trying to save Zinto if he is the Resistance. Or there's more and we're boned because if the wolf teams are symmetrical that makes 3 truth seekers, 2 Resistance and a patridge in a murdering pyscopathic tree. And 5 colonists.

If we can move on my new theory is that the wolves have been hanging back with their votes. I noticed a reluctance on most people's part to vote so I shall potentially be adjusting my vote according to that.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #3322
Zinto
College Starter

Anyone can go back and use the post numbers to check what I posted. I honestly do not think or understand why the Resistance would have been created so late in the day and then have a night kill that night.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #3323
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Anyone can go back and use the post numbers to check what I posted. I honestly do not think or understand why the Resistance would have been created so late in the day and then have a night kill that night.

Well, it's possible that the leader of the resistance was dormant (but self-aware) prior to that and Thomkal getting elected triggered it.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #3324
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I did too and I'm not part of the Resistance - that's at least 3 of us that have said so in the thread.

There's the thought process that one, or all of us are lying.

There's also the thought that what if font was the ONLY member of the Resistance? I highly doubt this is likely, but it was she who was ousted from control of the colony.

I am going to continue to push for everyone to vote for new elections. I have a hunch that the current regime could be working against us to achieve their own means. Stop being subservient. Put the elections in.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #3325
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Grover - Suicane was in the Resistance.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:53 PM   #3326
Zinto
College Starter

Why haven't you elected a new person to the police force Thom?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:54 PM   #3327
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well, it's possible that the leader of the resistance was dormant (but self-aware) prior to that and Thomkal getting elected triggered it.

Yeah but this is 5 PM the next day after Thom was elected. Also, Font was the leader so that would be odd for her to be dormant before Thom being elected.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #3328
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Why haven't you elected a new person to the police force Thom?

He keeps saying things like his enemies aren't letting him. I'm curious what that means too?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #3329
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Grover - Suicane was in the Resistance.

Ah yes, the Cunning.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #3330
The Jackal
Coordinator

So, trying to focus my thoughts here. We've got 11 people left;

2 dead known resistance
1 dead known truth seeker

--

If we posit that each group has 3, that would leave:

1 resistance
2 truth seeker
1 rogue murderer

--

Leaving us 7 villagers. Does that sound potentially right? Am I missing anything? (under the assumption that it was 3 v 3 v 1 v stowaway vs village)
Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #3331
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

About the voting tallies - I think there might be a random chance based on your social ability that you get a double vote. I believe Eagle said that the social ability has a chance of increasing the vote. For me that takes a lot of the goodwill I had for Shark but he did come off as villager last night.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:03 PM   #3332
The Jackal
Coordinator

Looking at the signup post was super helpful, admittedly I haven't done that in a couple of days
Old 03-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #3333
Zinto
College Starter

Why did Golden Eagle have the duke ability? It seems odd to me that we essentially don't have any other villagers with role abilities without being appointed into a role of prominence or being voted into one.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #3334
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Leaving us 7 villagers. Does that sound potentially right? Am I missing anything? (under the assumption that it was 3 v 3 v 1 v stowaway vs village)

That's sort of where I've landed. I think 3 with a cunning and a brutal wouldn't be too much of a stretch, with 2 neutrals in the mix.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #3335
The Jackal
Coordinator

At the moment I'm leaning Zinto - voting for CF became too easy because of how he acted. Easy to bury a vote there and claim it was because he was wacky.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #3336
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

unvote Jackal
Old 03-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #3337
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
At the moment I'm leaning Zinto - voting for CF became too easy because of how he acted. Easy to bury a vote there and claim it was because he was wacky.

To be fair he didn't have a huge amount of choice - Crimson or Shark. If Shark is village then Crimson is the safer vote admittedly - better to nail a neutral than a villager.

Zinto has pretty much drifted apart from the opposition to Thomkal though and his voting looks a bit reactive.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #3338
Zinto
College Starter

Did Raven not vote yesterday? Is your vote count right Narc?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #3339
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
To be fair he didn't have a huge amount of choice - Crimson or Shark. If Shark is village then Crimson is the safer vote admittedly - better to nail a neutral than a villager.

Zinto has pretty much drifted apart from the opposition to Thomkal though and his voting looks a bit reactive.

I am always a bit reactive.(I might not be good at reading people unfortunately)
Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #3340
Zinto
College Starter

Why didn't you vote last night Raven?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #3341
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Did Raven not vote yesterday? Is your vote count right Narc?

The tally at the bottom is a direct quote from Eagle's tally.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #3342
Grover
Pro Starter

I am leaning toward Shark - I don't trust the way he's played, even as a newcomer like myself. Something seems amiss about it.

I am also leaning toward Thomkal. There is something untrustworthy about his rise in leadership and everything that has happened since.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #3343
Grover
Pro Starter

REMEMBER: Thomkal decided to put font on trial and absolved her.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #3344
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why did Golden Eagle have the duke ability? It seems odd to me that we essentially don't have any other villagers with role abilities without being appointed into a role of prominence or being voted into one.

I am not sure why I had the duke ability or how I was able to acquire it. But its not like it is something you can be elected to. Plus, there has to be a seer out there because otherwise the cunning role wouldn't have been created.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #3345
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
REMEMBER: Thomkal decided to put font on trial and absolved her.

Fair point
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #3346
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Golden how did you get the duke?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #3347
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

Also fair.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:20 PM   #3348
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am not sure why I had the duke ability or how I was able to acquire it. But its not like it is something you can be elected to. Plus, there has to be a seer out there because otherwise the cunning role wouldn't have been created.

Wait, so did you have it from D0 or did you acquire it mid-game?
Old 03-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #3349
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Just for future reference Raven after the game this is the sort of thing wolves love. Unless you're a wolf deflecting attention in which case you rock.

Either there's one guy left in the Resistance in which case there's no one trying to save Zinto if he is the Resistance. Or there's more and we're boned because if the wolf teams are symmetrical that makes 3 truth seekers, 2 Resistance and a patridge in a murdering pyscopathic tree. And 5 colonists.

If we can move on my new theory is that the wolves have been hanging back with their votes. I noticed a reluctance on most people's part to vote so I shall potentially be adjusting my vote according to that.

OOC: I have played WW once. It was in 2005 (WW IV or V). I was a wolf in that game - I was one of 2 remaining wolves in that game, and we won. Although that was a long time ago, I did go back and reread the thread, my PMs remaining from that game, and recall the big picture and some of the details about it.

Being a wolf in that game, I realize that wolves must be manipulative at times, UTR at times, and understand some voting patterns (and how wolves can also manipulate voting patterns). That does not make me an expert, or anywhere as experienced at this game as most of you, but I do understand the dynamics of it. I also realize that colonist vs colonist is ideal for wolves.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #3350
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

I don't think there is a true seer out there. I am pretty sure we have a seer who's role is to find the Angel(Shoveler) and anyone elected to the police force who is in the scanner role. It was JAG but we haven't had anyone since.