Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #2501
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Knew there were four prostitutes, but did not know each other initially.

On Night 0 I saw Barkeep and SnDvls out selling themselves. And Fouts protected Izulde, said he was in another district. So it seemed likely that Izulde was the 4th. Had that info by end of Day 1.

What hoops said. Plus, I blew my cover to save DC from getting lynched, which I succeeded in delaying for a good portion of the game.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #2502
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I agree the way the game went was tough for the badguys. But, I still think they will agree that it was a fun game, and that Chief did a good job.

of course i agree.

GMing can't be easy and I want to thank CR for that.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:22 PM   #2503
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well, you investigated exactly one bad guy and I came up bad to you. And only the only guy that killed more than twice you nailed him immediately. I'd say you were REALLY lucky.

Yup he was. The odds of that happening that fast was just 10% (and even then for sure three good guys were dead).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #2504
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
but you have to realize it wasnt unbalanced, and the reason im fighting you here is because i think your wrongly attacking chiefs game

I've lost many games and at the said, "Well, we had a chance but it goes back to me, or someone on my side doing something here or there."

At the end of this game, I go back and say we lost this game b/c Chief didn't include Lathum in going to the crime scene after identifing him in the area, the fact that Saldana killed too much and got a bad random number, and the fact that I got a bad random number, not the mention the bad random numbers I got what with the moon not being out so I could kill.

We were gunning for the right people in alot of situations, Blade, your name was sent in to be killed, Cronin's name was sent in to be killed, and so was RA. Those kills didn't materialize however, due to random numbers. I'd say that is a balance issue somewhere.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:24 PM   #2505
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade/Cronin - I'm not sure I would have swallowed the "we collectively forgot to process an action" story so I guess I'm very glad the game ended tonight when it did.

I was pretty embarrased about that. When I saw the pm, I thought Blade had gone crazy and sent in an order for us to "hide under the bed" or something. I thought it was essential to keep some mystery about what our abilities actually were, so I just sort of improvised something about why we were seen investigating path's murder.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #2506
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Killing path was the nail in the coffin. Hoopsguy or Izulde would have been better choices, and Blade and I would have been VASTLY better choices. Had you come after either myself or Blade, you might have been able to pull out a win.

The game was still within reach at that point.

DT was going to kill Blade (or get a chance to) if RA didn't arrest him. May have even still had the chance, but the arrest rolled up as happening in the first phase, and DT's kill attempt in the second. Arrest before attempt == no attempt.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #2507
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I've lost many games and at the said, "Well, we had a chance but it goes back to me, or someone on my side doing something here or there."

At the end of this game, I go back and say we lost this game b/c Chief didn't include Lathum in going to the crime scene after identifing him in the area, the fact that Saldana killed too much and got a bad random number, and the fact that I got a bad random number, not the mention the bad random numbers I got what with the moon not being out so I could kill.

We were gunning for the right people in alot of situations, Blade, your name was sent in to be killed, Cronin's name was sent in to be killed, and so was RA. Those kills didn't materialize however, due to random numbers. I'd say that is a balance issue somewhere.
Include lathum in the group of the seer and his partner interrogating their witness, the other seer? Come on dubb, thats just not gonna pass with me

Saldana got unlucky, ill admit that

You got unclucky too..its not balancing, bad dice roll maybe. But i wont stand by as you tear the game down dubb
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #2508
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
DT was going to kill Blade (or get a chance to) if RA didn't arrest him. May have even still had the chance, but the arrest rolled up as happening in the first phase, and DT's kill attempt in the second. Arrest before attempt == no attempt.

Prob, would have had a better chance since he was the target we agreed to scan that night, but neither sent in an order
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #2509
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But the group was the 3 people who just had a secret meeting between 2 seers...that doesnt make sense for you either to follow them

it also doesn't make sense for hoops to be able to identify me and you 3 then Mr. Wed to identify you 3. Explain to me how I wasn't gonna get killed?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #2510
Blade6119
Coordinator

And im out for the night likely..

Great game everyone!

My MVP would be cronin, followed by raiders(his prison ability netted us DT and LSG. I think those two were by far the stars of the game.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #2511
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was still alive when we found out what happened after I died. In no uncertain terms, they were told they were not killers. Bullet had no experience killing, and DT was clumsy at it. Their best chance was to go out together, but even then the chance of making a kill and cleaning it up good were about nil. So, I think if you were told that you would be careful to pick off the feeble.

Actually, killing when they both went out together would have been close to an automatic kill. 90% chance. And even if they didn't kill, the target was guaranteed to be wounded and unable to communicate for a day, and only 30% chance of identifying one of the attempted murderers.

But DT was feeling heat then and decided not to do a paired killing with bullet.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #2512
st.cronin
General Manager

I am, in general, not a big fan of games that include "dice rolls" - but that's just me.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #2513
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually believe the kill of Schmidty was supposed to St. Cronin, but we lost control of him. Prehaps Sal can come in and confirm?

RA was the target that night, and he would have killed him. If Hyde doesn't kill three nights in a row, he doesn't lose control. He got two night kills in three nights without losing control, and a night off would restore that.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #2514
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
it also doesn't make sense for hoops to be able to identify me and you 3 then Mr. Wed to identify you 3. Explain to me how I wasn't gonna get killed?

It was the same day we learned my urchin didnt even see everyone in the area, so why would hoops assume he did? It would have been easy to discredit, or if your going down at least fake role reveal and draw a real role out to discredit you and therefore help your team
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #2515
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
exactly. there's no way we had a chance to win, especially with holmes+watson investigating our clumsy kills i was certain. and i had a feeling that we wouldn't be able to get to killing the two of you either, and even if we had via path's post i was still target #1 and bullet would buy it sooner or later.

it was beyond done at that point. hell i'll go ahead and say that ANY chance we had was gone when Sal died, and DEFINATELY when dubb died.

I actually felt I should have given a more automatic kill to the bad guys (especially in the middle of the game, when I couldn't change anything), but I had done the math prior to the game on when evil could kill and how often, and it came out to more than a kill a night. It was a bad circumstance when the main evil killers got in bad spots early on. I'll admit I didn't plan adequately enough for that possibility.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 PM   #2516
Blade6119
Coordinator

Its too bad FOFC member Moriarty didnt play, that could have created some interesting dialouges
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #2517
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
it's okay chief. I just want to say, none of us are ATTACKING you or blaming you for that. It's more...constructive criticism.

Don't worry. You can't attack me. I didn't give you that power.

Seriously, it's all a learning experience for me, too, and will help me devleop a betetr gameplan next time around.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:40 PM   #2518
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually felt I should have given a more automatic kill to the bad guys (especially in the middle of the game, when I couldn't change anything), but I had done the math prior to the game on when evil could kill and how often, and it came out to more than a kill a night. It was a bad circumstance when the main evil killers got in bad spots early on. I'll admit I didn't plan adequately enough for that possibility.

that's okay chief. live and learn. the game was still fun though! definately not like...any hard feelings or anything. hell, it's just a game.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:43 PM   #2519
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Don't worry. You can't attack me. I didn't give you that power.

Seriously, it's all a learning experience for me, too, and will help me devleop a betetr gameplan next time around.

you don't hafta GIVE me that power. I'm smart enough and clever enough to figure my way outside of the confines of your GAME and make things REAL.

(bonus points to anyone who gets what I'm driving at here)
Old 12-05-2006, 10:44 PM   #2520
Swaggs
Coordinator

Good work, Chief. Even though I didn't play real well, I had a good time.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #2521
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

No matter how well you plan when designing your game something will go 180 degrees from what you expected.

I thought it was a well thought out and very well run game Chief, and I look forward to your next. Really enjoyed the setting.

And for bullet:
Old 12-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #2522
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It was the same day we learned my urchin didnt even see everyone in the area, so why would hoops assume he did? It would have been easy to discredit, or if your going down at least fake role reveal and draw a real role out to discredit you and therefore help your team

i had no team. i was solo. the bottom line is there was no escape for me
Old 12-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #2523
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, I have been trying to figure out exactly how the Lathum situation worked out with MrWednesday, because they never were in the same area. MrWednesday saw ntndeacon, Blade and st cronin at Fouts' death in Whitechapel--and they were all there to investigate in their roles. Lathum wasn't in Whitechapel that night, and MrWednesday never went to Cavell, so he could never have seen Lathum.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #2524
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am, in general, not a big fan of games that include "dice rolls" - but that's just me.

I am beginning to think I am not either. I will probably limit their impact in the future.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:50 PM   #2525
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Actually, I have been trying to figure out exactly how the Lathum situation worked out with MrWednesday, because they never were in the same area. MrWednesday saw ntndeacon, Blade and st cronin at Fouts' death in Whitechapel--and they were all there to investigate in their roles. Lathum wasn't in Whitechapel that night, and MrWednesday never went to Cavell, so he could never have seen Lathum.

yeah, but all 3 were in cavell where hoops saw them, all they did was put 2 and 2 together
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #2526
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, everyone, for playing and the kind words (and the constructive criticism, too).

Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #2527
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah, but all 3 were in cavell where hoops saw them, all they did was put 2 and 2 together

What 2 and 2 did they put together? Who did you kill that night?

Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #2528
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What 2 and 2 did they put together? Who did you kill that night?

i didn't kill anyone dude! But if hoops can identify all 4 people in one section. Then 3 of those people run to another section and are identified by Mr. Wed doesn't logic dictate that hoops and Mr. Wed are gonna figure out who the fourth person is?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #2529
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Yay! we won! Another thing that helped us is we knew most of the prostitutes on Night 0. I lucked into the right area in a steak out. and I was following hoops solely because it seemed obvious to me that he had outted himself as a prostitute. glad I did, since it seemed to lead at least incidentally to Jack.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #2530
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I just reviewed the PMs on Night One, and I told ntndeacon and hoops that they saw Lathum passing through. Blade and stcronin did not see you, because they were focused on ntndeacon. hoops was going to see pretty much anyone who came into the district that night. So was ntndeacon, because he automatically takes an observer role on a district when his "following target" spends all night there. Both were told you didn't seem to be up to anything and were passing through.

Not excusing anything, just trying to get the info out there.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #2531
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i didn't kill anyone dude! But if hoops can identify all 4 people in one section. Then 3 of those people run to another section and are identified by Mr. Wed doesn't logic dictate that hoops and Mr. Wed are gonna figure out who the fourth person is?

But so what if they did? I am trying to understand why simply seeing you in Cavell gets you killed. You didn't do anything that night. You could have been out doing a number of things, especially that early in the game, and plenty of people were out and about and seen that night. Not everyone who was out immediately went to Whitechapel to see Fouts' or BrianD's body, and in fact, the only people who did had reasons to be there (Holmes-Watson-ntndeacon investigating, and MrWed patrolling the area when Fouts was killed).

It was simple bad luck that you picked to check out the area where ntndeacon was confronted by Blade and cronin. What happened does not mean you automatically get picked out as a killer. It's just the way it played out from interactions you and others took off of those actions, from which numerous possibilities were available.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:09 PM   #2532
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If this exact game was played out again, I could see a different possible outcome. If prostitutes had been killed early, much of the early-game information would never have been available. Blade/Cronin would have eventually picked up some clues, but the real damage was done with all of the prostitute talk. Killing so many innocents early allowed too much info to be shared.

Knowing now how all of the mechanics work, I can see the bad guys being a little more daring and going after the major roles. This just happened to be a bad game to play cautiously.

The Lathum situation was unfortunate as well. Had he been in a different area that night, he probably would have lived much longer.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #2533
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

then i guess it was bad luck
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #2534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
If this exact game was played out again, I could see a different possible outcome. If prostitutes had been killed early, much of the early-game information would never have been available. Blade/Cronin would have eventually picked up some clues, but the real damage was done with all of the prostitute talk.

This is definitely true. Without the prostitute chatter, I probably would not have picked dubb to look at. The challenge in crafting a WW game is in setting the right degree of difficulty for the village to form a COT. In this game, it may have been a little too easy. Most games, the GM makes it a little bit too hard (imo).

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #2535
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
What hoops said. Plus, I blew my cover to save DC from getting lynched, which I succeeded in delaying for a good portion of the game.

Yeah, I never thanked you Izulde... much appreciated.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 AM   #2536
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Can you all tell me why all game(well, after NTN on night 2) you killed the regular villagers and 1 hooker? It seemed clear to me RA, cronin, and i were widely accepted as the 3 specials, and the 3 of us won the game.

So basically, why did you any of the 3 of us?

Bingo. Shout out to the normal Londoners who took one for the team on night 1.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 AM   #2537
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Also, Blade was Watson and I was Holmes.

I knew that once I had hoops' version of my view of you guys at night. I saw Watson grab Schmidty, hoops saw Blade do it. I wonder if any bad guys bought that part of your act? (Guess I might find out as I read the rest of the thread...)

I don't recall if I was alive or dead at that point.

I had a pretty good idea about RA at some point during the day when I defended Blade.

I think Blade said at some point that I had identified him on night 1, but that's not true -- I hadn't drawn any inference from seeing him together with st.cronin and ntndeacon.

I trust DC understands now why I was intentionally vague about why I was in Bishopsgate on night 1.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #2538
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If we're counting breaks, how about me seeing Blade and st.cronin (lucky that I was patrolling the right district), identifying one as Watson (only CR can say whether there was any chance involved in that), and giving a 100% rock solid vouch for Blade at a point where he was coming under fire?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-06-2006, 02:36 AM   #2539
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

Wouldn't be the first time that we reached the right conclusion for entirely the wrong reasons.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 AM   #2540
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

My role seems to have been a sort of super-witness; maybe if things turned up right, I could have done a little bodyguard too, CR?

I could patrol anywhere from two to four sectors in a night, with decreasing effectiveness if I patrolled more; hence, I never went beyond two, and to take a shot at protecting myself, after the attention I attracted on day 2 I determined that I would patrol Cavell (where I lived) every night. Incidentally, this was one reason I raised the idea of stating where people lived, I thought maybe if I wanted to semi-protect someone I might patrol the area where they lived.

Night 1: Bishopsgate and Whitechapel Rd. I was totally forthcoming about Whitechapel Rd. I tried to omit Bishopsgate completely: I had only seen two prostitutes, with Jack at large they were possible targets, and I felt that the less public my role was the better for my survival. That turned against me when DC got all huffy about me being less than forthcoming -- I trust you understand now what I was doing and why I didn't want to talk about it.

Blade seems to be struck by paranoia in thinking that seeing him, ntndeacon, and st.cronin together was a giant beacon in the night, but I really don't think there was any reason to associate their response to my call with any particular roles.

Night 2: Bishopsgate and Cavell. One of the turning points of the game, as IDed Holmes and Watson in Cavell, and so was able to vouch for Blade during day 3.

I shaded who the other member besides Blade was in the pair when Blade came up. I divulged everything I knew short of the complete reveal of one of them as Watson, that was the stopping point where hoops wouldn't trust me and I couldn't give any more information.

At this point, I actually thought that there was enough information out there that someone really clever could positively ID Holmes and Watson, but it doesn't appear that it happened. I was a little surprised hoops didn't catch on, although I guess maybe he was hung up on the urchin thing, and that making him think Blade was Fagin?

Night 3, I was killed... and at that point, I think I had discharged my usefulness, since I basically set up ironclad trust on Blade, although I hadn't given anything up on st.cronin. Kinda fun watching them play it over the next day or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night 1
You patrol Bishopsgate and Whitechapel.

In Bishopsgate, SnDvls and Izulde are selling themselves, and one of them soon attracts business. Business as usual in the East End.

You move over to Whitechapel, and as you pass by the busy Opium Den, you are a horrifying scream coming from the back of the business. You come running around the corner, just in time to see a huge, monstrous giant of a man tearing Fouts apart!

Half in fear and shock, you give off a loud yell, and the killer is on the run! Faster than a man that big, he is gone.

You did not recognize him. Alas, it is too late for Fouts. He is dead.

st. cronin, Blade6119 and ntndeacon are among the onlookers that arrive at your cry for help.

You were able to do little good tonight, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night 2
Your first patrol is very interesting. As you wander through Cavell, you see that it is a very busy night.

Izulde is shopping her wares here tonight, and there seems to be quite the outcry for her services from several johns.

She ends up choosing Daddy Torgo and is about to head off with him when a loud rumble approaches from the direction of Whitechapel Road.

Several constables show up and approach Izulde. They tell DaddyTorgo to leave the area, his business with Izulde is done, and the constables grab Izulde by the arms.

And then head constable declares in a loud voice, "Izulde is hereby order UNDER ARREST on the charge of MURDER, OR SUSPICION THEROF. She will be jailed until her case may be heard."

With that, they march Izulde off to the constabulary on Whitechapel Road. She goes willingly and quietly.

Dodgerchick, bulletsponge and dubb93 are also around to witness this.

You move on the Bishopsgate, where it is a bit quieter, although no less populated with whores, as Barkeep and hoops have the red lights on here. Barkeep even attracts some business, it seems.

You note with interest that bulletsponge and dubb93 are also here, but you can't be sure if they followed you or just happen to be walking the same path. They pay no attention to you.

You see st. cronin and Blade show up and start to root around the corners and alleyways. You are about to go over and ask them what they are about, when Watson reaches into a shadow and pulls out a struggling boy. They have found who they were looking for and it is Schmidty. They talk to him for abit, and he doesn't seem to enjoy it, but he doesn't seem to be in danger. You watch to be sure, but eventually they let Schmidty go and he scampers away insolently. You soon lose sight of him.

The rest of the night is uneventful until you go with the crowd to SnDvls' daeth scene.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #2541
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In addition to the hits Blade and st.cronin had on dubb and saldana, there were two other turning points that were at least as important:

1. Lathum (Jack) lynched on day 2 -- freed the prostitutes to talk freely about their role and their business, and allowed folks like me to be less circumspect in talking about our movements and who we had seen

2. I positively ID Holmes and Watson on night 2 -- created the level of trust on day 3, where I was able to stick up for Blade and indirectly push the entire circle of trust.

If the first doesn't happen, there's an extra killer and we potentially have a lot less information about who was a customer of who.

If the second doesn't happen, either Blade is lynched, or he reveals, or both; as it was, the reveal was put off for at least one more day and I think two.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:00 AM   #2542
Blade6119
Coordinator

Oh, if anyone wants our night actions(we had no night 0 action, like DaddyTorgo..that was part of the reason i figured he was special, and with it evil):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Holmes and Watson leave Whitechapel at night and travel to Cavell Street, where they find ntndeacon apparently hanging out.

ntndeacon seems like he would rather not be bothered, but he politely answers your questions.

Hol,es believe he is a common Londoner, perhaps out for a good time, and Watson agrees.

A cry rings out in Whitechapel as you are speaking with ntndeacon, and you return with a crowd to an alley there.

Here, you both find BrianD's murdered body. As the crowd watches on in horrified silence, you study the murder scene and determine that BrianD was killed by a gang of common East End street thugs. Was the motive just robbery then? BrianD has no money.

The cry of the night watchman goes out and sends you all running to the opium den.

It is Watson who finds Fouts' head, much to his horror. Holmes studies the scene again and determines this was the doing of a new sort of monster, unlike the killer from the night before, or the thugs that ended BrianD's life.

Alas, the investigations would never cease tonight. News of the body in Commercial has reached you both and you travel to Tyrith's flat.

Holmes surveys the torn apart former home and body and determines that the victim has apparently been attacked by a vicious animal, likely a wolf. Watson agrees.

The two detectives return to the Bunbrady Inn in ponderous silence to think on this.

Watson discovers a pouch with a message at their hotel door. It is from an urchin!

Inside, the message says this: "Last night, a a vicious man wolf entered the Commercial district and broke into Tyrith's home. I did not follow, but the sounds were gruesome instead. Clearly, this beast killed Tyrith. I dared not stay near while the wolf fed. There was only one other player in the area, and that was Barkeep."

Clearly, your bribe was accepted.

You have 4 shillings total.
Quote:
You leave Whitechapel to investigate Schmidty. After some rooting about, you finally find him in Bishopsgate.

It was abit of a turn locating him, because he was adept at slinking in the shadows. He was sullen and antagonistic when approached by you, and if Watson hadn't grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, he likely would have bolted.

It is clear to you that Schmidty is but an orphan boy, likely with no home. He seems up to something, but is not large enough to hurt anyone. Perhaps he might steal a wallet or two, but that is it. He is nothing but an urchin.

You have just let him go when word reaches you that another murder may have just occurred in Whitechapel. You rush off to Whitechapel Road to investigate.

You find a crowd surrounding an alley, and you fear the worst. Working your way through the crowd, you scan the crime scene, which is very bloody. The body of SnDvls lies before you, and a little bit down the alley, and on the walls some, too.

It seems clear--SnDvls was killed by the same killer who killed Fouts, also in Whitechapel on Night One!

All the trademarks are there--the torn apart body, the large footprints, the brutal nature of the crime. Watson agrees with you.

You return to your hotel to think on this.

You have 7 shillings and will add three more to make 10 shillings by tonight.
Quote:
You leave your hotel for the opium den, where Swaggs is apparently holed up.

You enter the dark place and reach the couch where Swaggs lies sleeping. After rousing him to the point that he is finally starting to focus on you, you ask him about who he is and if he has anything to do with the murders. The drugs help, because he shows no interest in attempting to lie.

Of course, he has little to lie about. He is but a common Londoner. He has visited the opium den a couple times now, and last time, he dreamed about Barkeep and bulletsponge getting it on.

He doesn't know anything about any murders.

You leave him, satisfied that he is innocent.

You hear that there has been a murder in Commercial, and soon arrive at the site of Schmidty's death. Holmes surveys the area, examining the body and the area around it. Then he rises up with a glint in his eye.

"Elementary, my dear Watson! The killer, aka Mr Hyde, is also none other than saldana."

Watson debates this for a bit, because he can't believe it. But Holmes explains it and it makes sense.

SALDANA IS MR HYDE, AND YOU HAVE PROOF

You also visit the site of Mr. Wednesday's murder, but you do not find enough evidence to pin this one on anyone.

When you return to the hotel, your pouch is untouched. Your bribe was not taken, and you have 10 shillings still.
Quote:
You leave the inn to find dubb93, but it turns out you don't have to go far. He is in Whitechapel, too, hanging around near the whores. It is busy with them in Whitechapel tonight, with both Izulde and hoopsguy here. dubb93 appears to be a prospective customer and is considering his options, standing in thought up the street.

You get his attention and start to ask him questions about who he is and what he does. He is guarded and confused as to why you are asking, but responds readily. He tells you he is a Londoner who normally works with the horse carriages in the richer end of town outside of Whitechapel, but is currently out of work. He picks up odd jobs here and there, but employment has been inconsistent.

You perceive him to be telling the truth about this, but something seems off. You note the slight deepening of his 'ah' and his word choice and decide he is not from London at all originally, but is an American trying to blend his accent in. You notice he has hair in some odd places, thicker on his arms and in his face and brows. And his teeth seem slightly pointed and separated.

It is clear to you. dubb93 is the American Werewolf!

You finish interviewing him and walk away, leaving him to his whores. You stay in the area to watch him, and are watching when he hires Izulde. He and Izulde disappear for a bit, but you don't sense Izulde is any danger. Shortly thereafter, she returns unharmed and dubb walks off, apparently satisfied. You follow him, but all he does is return to his flat in Bishopsgate. He gives little indication that he notices you, but you suspect he does.

He enters his home without making any other stops.

You return to the inn and find that your bribe was not taken by the urchins. You suspect Schmidty's death has eliminated this option for information for the time being.

You still have 10 shillings.
Quote:
You leave your rooms at the inn to do some sleuthing.

You soon find path12 in the Whitechapel Road section, down the street from your inn. Much like dubb93 the night before, you sense he is here looking to pick up some business from the ladies of the night. Three of them are here in Barkeep, hoopsguy and Izulde.

You take path12 aside and start to ask him some hard questions about who he is and what he does, and if he has any involvement in any murders. He says he is just a factory worker living in Commercial, and knows nothing about any murders. After a little more grilling, you let him go.

You do not sense he is anything more than a Londoner, or that he is hiding anything, although you could easily be mistaken.

You watch as he approaches hoopsguy and they negotiate their business. Once he leaves with her, you decide there is nothing left here to see and return to your rooms.

A short while later, you are about to settle down for bed when there is a knock at the door. A constable is there, and says there has been a death in Whitechapel, a whore!

You instantly fear you may have judged path12 wrong and rush to the scene to investigate. You see hoopsguy huddled outside in tears with Izulde, though, and know she was not the target. Passing instead, you see Barkeep, lying dead on her bed, with no marks on her. The constables tell you she has been robbed, and was last seen with Dodgerchick, going back here to do business.

You approach the dead whore and smell some of the froth on her lips and nose. Poison! You look at her body and see no marks. You have the constables turn her over, and you see, on her back, a harsh red rash. This is where the poison was applied, no doubt whilst in the middle of passionate lovemaking.

There is no doubt in your mind. Barkeep was poisoned!
Quote:
The two of you have decided to remain in tonight, as it seems clear to you Blade must now be a target for what evil remains. You have received assurances that DaddyTorgo will be arrested, although you are far from certain he is the criminal, or if he is, the only one to be feared.

You peek out your inn window at one point tonight, and see the constables hauling DaddyTorgo off to jail. The Chief of Inspectors has arrested him!

It is with much chagrin then that a couple hours later, you receive word there has been a murder in Commercial!

You travel to path12's flat there, where you find him dead amidst his torn up flat. He has been stabbed in the chest, through the heart, with a dagger, after a great struggle, it appears. He has been robbed.

It is unclear if this is the work of yet another Whitechapel killer or just a burglary gone wrong by the local hoodlums.

Your work is not yet done.
Demotivation
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 AM   #2543
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
In addition to the hits Blade and st.cronin had on dubb and saldana, there were two other turning points that were at least as important:

1. Lathum (Jack) lynched on day 2 -- freed the prostitutes to talk freely about their role and their business, and allowed folks like me to be less circumspect in talking about our movements and who we had seen

2. I positively ID Holmes and Watson on night 2 -- created the level of trust on day 3, where I was able to stick up for Blade and indirectly push the entire circle of trust.

If the first doesn't happen, there's an extra killer and we potentially have a lot less information about who was a customer of who.

If the second doesn't happen, either Blade is lynched, or he reveals, or both; as it was, the reveal was put off for at least one more day and I think two.
#2 isnt certain, since i had RAs trust as well and he was another major role. But he didnt need to stick up for me since you were
Demotivation
Old 12-06-2006, 03:16 AM   #2544
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Blade, if you guys had read the night 1 carefully, you had my role. I stated publicly that I called for help, the PM said that you responded to the cry of the night watchman.

Last edited by Mr. Wednesday : 12-06-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:19 AM   #2545
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Blade, if you guys had read the night 1 carefully, you had my role. I stated publicly that I called for help, the PM said that you responded to the cry of the night watchman.

Well, i trusted you from night one..but neither cronin or i caught that...we had your pegged before night 2 though, so it made a difference on not trusting you on day 2...not too big a deal
Demotivation
Old 12-06-2006, 03:21 AM   #2546
Blade6119
Coordinator

that should say i thought you were good from day one, trusted you at the end of day 2
Demotivation
Old 12-06-2006, 03:23 AM   #2547
Blade6119
Coordinator

Mr. W, thats actually incorrect..you cried out for us to come to brians death, not fouts' i thought...there are two seperate cries, were you fouts and not brian?
Demotivation
Old 12-06-2006, 06:10 AM   #2548
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually I may have contributed to this unintentionally. I thought that you were gunning for hoops and blade and st. cronin chased you off. Now I feel a little foolish because they didn't even see you!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 AM   #2549
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just dropping in real quick to say thanks to chief for running this game.

I award myself the self-proclaimed Schmidty award for this game.

Its very tough to run a balanced game with 25 people, I know this from first hand. Every extra role out there just makes it tougher. I'm sure there never was a perfect WW game, but I enjoyed the storyline and playing in this one. Thanks again Chief for running it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #2550
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hey Guys. I probably blew this game for the bad guys. On Saturday I got hit with a softball square in my temple at softball tryouts for the high school I am working at. I was out of commision until Monday night because of the concusion it gave me. I dont know if it would have mattered much since I was in jail Saturday I think anyway.... but I wasn't nearly as active as I should have been and wanted y'all to know why.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote