Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #1201
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Well when there is only 4 people to choose from, you dont have much choice....
True, but you have more than 4 to choose from.

Good luck to you guys.

Last edited by KWhit : 07-01-2005 at 01:10 PM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:10 PM   #1202
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhog
Well, lets get this ball rolling, even if none of us has been eatin yet.

Hmm, he must be a wolf! Eatin instead of eaten, wasn't that mentioned before!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #1203
KWhit
Coordinator

Yep. String him up.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #1204
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
See that's the thing that sucks. I'm getting lynched because I've been wrong with some votes. But we've all had the same problem.

You guys are wrong again.

You are getting lynched because you are a werewolf.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #1205
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Airhog - Kwhit
Barkeep49 - Kwhit
KevinNU7
Mustang - Kwhit
Desnudo - Kwhit
Eaglesfan - Kwhit
Kwhit - No vote

Voting so far.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-01-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #1206
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
See that's the thing that sucks. I'm getting lynched because I've been wrong with some votes. But we've all had the same problem.

You guys are wrong again.

Well isn't it suspcious that you keep trying to put blame on me when the seer has vindicated me? How is a tie, where nobody gets killed, preferable to letting a vote go through where you don't think a person is guilty? I vote KWhitt
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #1207
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Heh I just noticed your sig Barkeep. I'm a big EU2/CK player myself, though I don't frequent the Paradox forums all that much anymore.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #1208
KWhit
Coordinator

Looks like I'm done for. I've made my case as best I can. My voting record is as clean as anybody's.

I get that you guys have to go after somebody, and I don't have a good idea as to who else to vote for (I'm in the dark as much as anyone).

And it seems that accusing others is what has gotten me into this hot water in the first place when they turn out to be villagers.

So I Abstain.

(At least until somebody votes for someone other than me).
Old 07-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #1209
Swaggs
Coordinator

High Drama!

I love it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:27 PM   #1210
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Just wanted to say that I don't feel so bad about my death now. I had been pushing for, and nearly got, a lynching for ntndeacon. It didn't really matter which of us died since both options were bad.
Well, the only good thing about me dying instead of you was perhaps you might have saved Jon. Especially since I was just a villager and not the Doctor. (Wonders were that nice shiny blue box is)
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #1211
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
Well, the only good thing about me dying instead of you was perhaps you might have saved Jon. Especially since I was just a villager and not the Doctor. (Wonders were that nice shiny blue box is)

Possibly, but I think that is a fairly small difference. We were both good guys, and that makes us pretty much the same.

On a side note, I wonder what we will all learn from this game. I have to say that this has been a very successful game since we are very fan into the game and there is still plenty of doubt as to who everyone is, and which team will win. There have been a lot of strategies tested and revealed (with varying levels of success), but I wonder how much everyone has learned. I would bet that if we ran another game with the same players in different roles, there would still be all kinds of confusion, paranoia, and wrong choises. I suppose that is the beauty of the game. You could play with all of the same players and still really not know what anyone is about.

I wonder how long it will be before there is so much interest in this game that multiple games will have to be run concurrently. This could become a full time job for Peregrine.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:44 PM   #1212
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Peregrine:

Is there a variation of this game where everyone is cursed, or every wolf victim becomes a wolf? Just curious how that would work...
Old 07-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #1213
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Peregrine:

Is there a variation of this game where everyone is cursed, or every wolf victim becomes a wolf? Just curious how that would work...

I think that might work if there were only one werewolf to begin with.

I think we should definitely have a decompression session after this is all over to discuss strategies, turning points (taken and missed), and potential additions (I know that I have thought of two that would add to the game).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #1214
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think that might work if there were only one werewolf to begin with.

I think we should definitely have a decompression session after this is all over to discuss strategies, turning points (taken and missed), and potential additions (I know that I have thought of two that would add to the game).

I was thinking about just one wolf to start as well. Thinking about it more, this might not work too well. Seeing who the wolves eat is a good way to help pick out the wolves. If we never see a wolf victim, there is never a good way to identify the wolves. Pretty much every pick would be random.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #1215
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks like I'm done for. I've made my case as best I can. My voting record is as clean as anybody's.[/i]

Except for voting for the seer, trying to save Lathum, and trying hard to get innocent deacon killed. You were able to get the mad Duke to save your hairy hide once, but not again.

If people don't buy my line of reasoning, Eaglesfan is as bright as anyone on the board and the fact that he has not deviated from accusing you says something to me.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #1216
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Except for voting for the seer, trying to save Lathum, and trying hard to get innocent deacon killed. You were able to get the mad Duke to save your hairy hide once, but not again.

If people don't buy my line of reasoning, Eaglesfan is as bright as anyone on the board and the fact that he has not deviated from accusing you says something to me.

I'm definitely not sure about that compliment, but thanks.

I just finished reading this thread after a great first day at work. Disappointing to see ntndeacon unfairly lynched. Nothing has changed in my reasoning. KWhit's voting pattern is highly suspicious, particularly once Jon revealed his information.

I vote KWhit.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #1217
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Airhog - Kwhit
Barkeep49 - Kwhit
KevinNU7
Mustang - Kwhit
Desnudo - Kwhit
Eaglesfan - Kwhit
Kwhit - No vote

Kevin, care to vote since you're here?
Old 07-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #1218
KevinNU7
College Starter

Yep, just jumped in I vote KWhit, string him up
Old 07-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #1219
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dola, Sorry for the delay crazy traffic here in Mass today
Old 07-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #1220
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well since everyone is voting for Kwhit, except him of course, you get ready to lynch him, unfortunately he turns into a werewolf and tries to make a run for it! After a brief moment of chaos when several weapons are fired, chairs are knocked over, and the fire is almost put out, he is subdued. Unfortunately, it seems he managed to disembowel Airhog before he died. Apparently he was the Brutal Wolf.

Airhog manages an "Oh dear." and a last gulp of wine before he dies as well.

Night 9

Jon - killed on Night 7 (seer)
Swaggs - Lynched on Day 6 (werewolf)
TazFTW - Lynched on Day 2 (villager)
NoMyths - killed on Night 5 (Sorceror)
Qwikshot - Lynched on Day 3 (Cultist)
ntndeacon - lynched on Day 7 (Villager)
McSweeny - killed on Night 3 (Witness)
Shorty - Lynched on Day 1 (villager)
BrianD - lynched on Day 4 (Doctor)
Condors - killed by the Hunter on Night 4 (Villager)
GWB - killed on Night 4 (Hunter)
Lathum - Lynched Day 5 (Werewolf)
Airhog - Killed by the Brutal Wolf Day 8 (Duke)
Kwhit - Lynched on Day 8 (Brutal Wolf)

Survivors:

Barkeep49
KevinNU7
Mustang
Desnudo
Eaglesfan

Are all the wolves dead now? You start an anxious night's sleep, hoping to find no one dead in the morning. Night actions please.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-01-2005 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #1221
KevinNU7
College Starter

IMO it looks like the bodyguard protected Airhog last night, nice work!!
Old 07-01-2005, 06:17 PM   #1222
KevinNU7
College Starter

bad timing on my post Sorry AirHog
Old 07-01-2005, 06:18 PM   #1223
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to see you go, Airhog. Least you got one last gulp of wine.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:24 PM   #1224
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

There can pretty much be any variant you want. However I think that game would have to have some special rules, otherwise the humans would never win. Since there would be one more wolf each night, and the villagers could only hang one wolf a day, you could never hang all the wolves.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:28 PM   #1225
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
There can pretty much be any variant you want. However I think that game would have to have some special rules, otherwise the humans would never win. Since there would be one more wolf each night, and the villagers could only hang one wolf a day, you could never hang all the wolves.

Right, pretty obvious flaw in my suggestion. I should have caught that...
Old 07-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #1226
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In answer to your earlier question about availability this weekend. I'm potentially available all weekend, but I'm on call all weekend and could be pulled away for an hour or two at any time this weekend (like now when I was just paged.)
Old 07-01-2005, 06:35 PM   #1227
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well folks, this game was a blast. I had quite a bit of fun. For those of you I prematurely killed, I am sorry, and do not take is personally. I am quite surprised that I lasted this long. I figured that once I exposed myself as the duke I was good as gone, but I guess not. I hope that me being alive this long helped me out. Makes sense to kill me off and not elimnate another villager though. Good luck guys, and I hope you villagers can win. And don't forget to tip your glasses to me tonight

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #1228
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Okay, I'm going to give you guys a shot to have one more lynch round tonight, up until midnight or so. But it everyone can't vote, we'll have to wait until the weekend.

The remaining five of you go to sleep in the main room, everyone's too nervous to be alone at this point. Unfortunately you're not alone. In the morning the body of Eaglesfan is found, raked across the throat and dead in his chair. He was a villager.Apparently the wolf that killed him was so silent no one heard him.

Day 9

Night 9

Jon - killed on Night 7 (seer)
Swaggs - Lynched on Day 6 (werewolf)
TazFTW - Lynched on Day 2 (villager)
NoMyths - killed on Night 5 (Sorceror)
Qwikshot - Lynched on Day 3 (Cultist)
ntndeacon - lynched on Day 7 (Villager)
McSweeny - killed on Night 3 (Witness)
Shorty - Lynched on Day 1 (villager)
BrianD - lynched on Day 4 (Doctor)
Condors - killed by the Hunter on Night 4 (Villager)
GWB - killed on Night 4 (Hunter)
Lathum - Lynched Day 5 (Werewolf)
Airhog - Killed by the Brutal Wolf Day 8 (Duke)
Kwhit - Lynched on Day 8 (Brutal Wolf)
Eaglesfan - Killed on Day 9 (villager)

Survivors:

Barkeep49
KevinNU7
Mustang
Desnudo

Only 4 of you left, and one wolf among you.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-01-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:40 PM   #1229
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Hopefully this isn't frowned upon, since this really isnt anything that isnt strategy. If anyone does have a problem with it, let me know and I will remove it

Red = Wolf
Yellow = Cultist

PlayerRound 1Round 1Round 1 F.Round 2Round 3Round 3 F.Round 4Round 4 F.Round 5 F.Round 6Round 6 F.Round 7 F.Round 8 F.
DesnudoDesnudoAirhogAirhogAirhogCondorsCondorsbrianDlathumSwaggsKwhitKwhit
KevinNU7KevinNU7AirhogAirhogAirhogQwikshotQwikshotKWHITSwaggsntndeaconKwhit
KwhitKwhitNomythsNomythsAirhogBrianDjonswaggsntndeaconAbstained
LathumLathumAirhogAirhogAirhogQwikshotQwikshoteaglesfan27eaglesfan27jonDEADDEADDEADDEAD
MustangMustangAirhogNomythsAirhogCondorsCondorsntndeaconntndeaconlathumswaggsntndeaconKwhit
SwaggsSwaggsAirhogQwikshotQwikshotDesnudojonntndeaconKwhitDEADDEAD
QwikshotQwikshotShortyShortyNeuquaEaglesfan27Eaglesfan27DEADDEADDEADDEADDEADDEADDEAD

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Last edited by Airhog : 07-01-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #1230
Peregrine
Pro Starter

7 days, 1200+ posts....and then there were four.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #1231
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Thats great, kill EaglesFan so he can't hold anything up, smart wolfie .

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-01-2005 at 06:51 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:57 PM   #1232
Desnudo
Coordinator

Yoinks!
Old 07-01-2005, 07:06 PM   #1233
Desnudo
Coordinator

If we lynch the wrong guy and someone gets eaten, game over. Sure I could risk the shot that I wouldn't be eaten and protect the remaining guy, but I think I was odds on to get eaten next anyway. Since that is the case, I'm going to come clean and tell you I am the bodyguard. The reason why I am announcing this will become clear.

On the nights with no kills: I protected Mustang on night one, Nequa/Barkeep on night two. I protected Jon after Lathum's lynching, and Eaglesfan the night before he was lynched. This information in no way clears Mustang and Barkeep completely, but it certainly lowers the odds that they are the remaining wolf.

Therefore, I accuse Kevin of being the remaining wolf. Perhaps the fact that he was a wolf in the previous game means he is not one in this one, but I am not convinced. It is also possible that he was a cursed villager. I am in no way 100% convinced of his guilt, but I think he is the best choice, given the circumstance.

It is possible that Mustang or Barkeep got attacked/became a wolf on one of the later nights. Unfortunately, there is no way to even guess. I would say Barkeep is the second posibility with his tie vote, but that's not enough to sway me.

I vote Kevin

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-01-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #1234
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Oy..

Well Desnudo, I'm guessing that you saying you are the bodyguard. Right now, there are 4 of us left. (about the only thing we do know)

Neuqua/Barkeep is pretty much cleared as being an innocent although, I'm a little confused as to his entire reasoning for putting the score tied but, he thought NTN was not a wolf so, he tied up the score hoping someone would be smart enough to figure we didn't want a tie and swap to KWhit. I can believe that or believe he was a cursed wolf attacked on the night we thought Jon was being guard (the no kill night a few nights ago). Myself, I thought he was either the cursed or bodyguard because he was replaced.. This late in the game, either role was too valuable to both sides to just have languish..

Now, you state you are the bodyguard, I'm not 100% sure of your reasons but, I wish that you hadn't come out to say that. It would have still given us a chance if we screw up tonight to have someone protected. So, now in my mind, you are either the bodyguard or you are a wolf lying because you know that if you get an innocent lynched you have a chance of getting the right bodyguard and ending the game because you have a completely free shot or you have a 50/50 shot tonight of killing the bodyguard and ending the game. So, I'm stuck on believing you or not..

And Kevin.. well, Kevin has been under the radar the whole game. Was it a ruse and he has just been quietly watching or has he been really busy. We've been excluding him the entire game...

My head hurts.. I gotta think. So much for the easy lynch day..

I'm ok with ending this at midnight but, whatever the other players decide that is ok.... I will be away tomorrow morning and afternoon so... please keep that in mind.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #1235
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

too bad you have to lynch here. Here's why.

If you guess wrong, and then they eat.. it's 1 v 1. game over. The Wolf will naturally be switching votes like crazy, because ALL THREE innocents MUST agree against the Wolf, because the Wolf can always tie things up. Random chance states that you have a 1 in 4 chance.

If you could skip the lynch.. the wolf would eat someone (and barring the shot that he might eat a cursed), and it'd be 1 v 2. then only the two innocents must agree, because the wolf is out numbered.

So think wisely and well, villagers. Plan cunningly, werewolf.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #1236
KevinNU7
College Starter

Desundo could ofcourse NOT BE the Bodyguard and is only attempting to protect himself. I am jsut a villager for this game. I wish I actually was a wolf. I throughly enjoyed that role in Game 1. What really sucks is that I need to go off the PC very soon and call it a night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am comfortable with ending it tonight since I won't be around much tomorrow anyways.

Knowing that I am not the wolf I have to find Desundo's instant accusations questionable. For not I vote for him. I will try and get on before midnight to check out the other possibilities.

Other then the body guard there are no other roles left right?
Old 07-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #1237
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dola, forgot to write

I vote for Desundo***

***Edit: Vote removed

Last edited by KevinNU7 : 07-01-2005 at 08:46 PM.
KevinNU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #1238
KevinNU7
College Starter

Interesting advice Sir Fozzie
Old 07-01-2005, 08:04 PM   #1239
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Other then the body guard there are no other roles left right?

Just potentially the cursed role is the only other one. I can't believe there could be more than one person of any type of role...

That is correct Peregrine? There can only be a max of 1 in a role? (other than villager or wolf)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:08 PM   #1240
Desnudo
Coordinator

The reason why I announced it is because we need full information at this point. I would prefer to make an informed decision now, rather than take a 50/50 shot that I won't be the one eaten if we get the wrong guy. Had I remained quiet and we lynched the wrong guy, even if I wasn't eaten and successfully protected the other remaining villager, where does that leave us? Exactly where we were before, information wise.

As for me being a wolf, I voted for Lathum when one vote switch would have resulted in killing Jon. The wolves had to know he was the seer once he posted that he was, since they obviously knew Lathum was a wolf. I also pushed very hard to take care of Swaggs and KWhit and voted accordingly, only switching to deacon because a tie was worse than taking action.

All that means that I would have to be the cursed villager and got attacked on one of the two no kill nights after the vote. I believe that Eaglesfan was successfully protected the night before his death. That's why they killed him, because they knew he couldn't be protected again, and could not risk failing another time.

That leaves the Jon missed killing as the moment when something could have gone wrong and the cursed villager was attacked. Since that occurred before we got Swaggs and KWhit, I can say I certainly wouldn't have behaved in the manner I did had I become I wolf. Check my posts and you'll see I've been consistent in my accusations throughout.

That does leave the possibility that Barkeep was the one attacked on Jon's missed killing, or you even. However, I think the more likely reality is that Kevin is the wolf. It's the simplest answer and doesn't require assumptions to be made about what may or may not have happened.

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-01-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:11 PM   #1241
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Too bad barkeep isn't on.. 3 out of 4 of us remaining are.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #1242
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

This is just an awesome down to the wire finale...this cultist hopes the wolves pull it out.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:34 PM   #1243
KWhit
Coordinator

The Brutal Wolf is doing the same.

HOWL!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #1244
KevinNU7
College Starter

Hey Qwik, do us a favor and tell us who the wolf is
Old 07-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #1245
KevinNU7
College Starter

I don't get how my lack of evening posting makes me a prime candidate in your eyes.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #1246
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
I don't get how my lack of evening posting makes me a prime candidate in your eyes.

Who? Me or Desnudo? I didn't mention evening posting...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #1247
Desnudo
Coordinator

Where did I say anything about your posting? I simply peg you as the most likely suspect, based on thinking things through in a logical manner.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #1248
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
This is just an awesome down to the wire finale...this cultist hopes the wolves pull it out.
The Sorcerer concurs.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #1249
KevinNU7
College Starter

I just don't see it. I haven't done anything to make myself seem wolfie, look at my voting. In the pivotal vote I voted to lynch a werewolf!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:46 PM   #1250
KevinNU7
College Starter

After further review I am removing my vote for Desundo, he voted for KWhit for two straight rounds