Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 9!!! Uploads due Tuesday, February 24th!!!

Week 9 Schedule

#24 Colorado vs #12 Texas
#4 North Carolina @ Miami
#18 NC State vs Rutgers
USF vs Utah
#15 UVA @ Western Michigan
#13 Oklahoma State vs #5 Oklahoma
#6 Texas A&M @ Baylor
#11 Pitt vs #8 Notre Dame
#7 Kentucky @ Miss. State
#3 Arkansas vs Ole Miss

Also, I want to welcome Sabotai to the league, he is replacing WVUFan. Sab will be taking over Rutgers in the Big East.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We pick our 2nd commit, with a 4* OT. We have 4 soft verbals including one from a 5* MLB we must get.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:16 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Welcome to the Big East, sabotai!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

Thanks Karl. Glad to be in the league.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
We pick our 2nd commit, with a 4* OT. We have 4 soft verbals including one from a 5* MLB we must get.

Shit, that's definitely the guy who had us listed 1st to start the year.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Shit, that's definitely the guy who had us listed 1st to start the year.

all my visitors were vs Iowa State, so that helped. I only have 3 guys visiting from here on out as ofn ow.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I got disconnected from XBL and couldn't upload my game. I won 35-34 on a last second TD too. Ghey. I rebooted my modem and I can connect now.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

A&M breezes through a 51-7 win over Baylor. As is typical in these games the backups ended the game early in the 3rd quarter and almost preserved a shutout.

We flex our muscle in the recruiting area by closing out 3 more recruits this week. I believe we are up to 9 already on the year which is by far and away the most out of any team. I expect to eventually pick up one more 5* commit by the end of the year. After that we only have about 10 other players left on our board. Barring a mass exodus of underclassmen after this year I'll be faced with some major roster cuts to get down to 70 players.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I got disconnected from XBL and couldn't upload my game. I won 35-34 on a last second TD too. Ghey. I rebooted my modem and I can connect now.

Uh huh.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #11
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I lost to Utah on a TD with 20 seconds left. This was after being down 28-7 at the half, too.

35-31 was the final score. It really sucks, and I'm 4-4 now. The funny thing is that I'm 3-0 in conference, so I could still conceivably play in the Orange Bowl.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
cmp
Pro Rookie

The Arkansas offense played great again today as we beat Ole Miss 80-27. Backups played the majority of the second half and we completely shut it down in the 4th, doing nothing more than running the ball up the middle. The running attack was terrific again with 2 backs going over 200 yards and another over 100.

Tyler Wilson - 13-20 - 316 yards - 6 touchdowns

De'Anthony Curtis - 12 carries - 205 yards - 2 touchdowns
Ricky Bowling - 10 carries - 204 yards - 2 touchdowns
Jerico Nelson - 12 carries - 105 yards
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:34 AM   #13
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Thanks Karl. Glad to be in the league.

Let me know when is good for you to play(I'm NC State). I've been on a kinda messed up sleep schedule with the flu this week but I can usually work around anyone's schedule to find time to get a game in
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:48 AM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I lost to Utah on a TD with 20 seconds left. This was after being down 28-7 at the half, too.

35-31 was the final score. It really sucks, and I'm 4-4 now. The funny thing is that I'm 3-0 in conference, so I could still conceivably play in the Orange Bowl.

I feel your pain. You've seen my rants on this, so just suffice it to say - losing hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

We pretty much rolled in a 45-17 win over Western Michigan, but got REALLY sloppy in the middle of the game throwing three picks to their Middle Linebacker.

I had several recruits that I thought I had in the bag downgrade me after a visit to another school and my loss to UNC. I'm hoping I can get back in the lead, but in-particular there is a 4* WR that gave a Soft to Louisville - ugh.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Let me know when is good for you to play(I'm NC State). I've been on a kinda messed up sleep schedule with the flu this week but I can usually work around anyone's schedule to find time to get a game in

I can play after 6:30pm (eastern) on any day. And I'm a night owl so if you need or want to play late, like say start time up to midnight or so, I can.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

#11 Pitt lost a heart-breaker to #8 Notre Dame. I was up 14 in the 4th quarter and watched ND march down for a TD. With absolutely no success on the ground, I attempted a ball-control drive with short passes to run down the clock and hopefully get the game-ending score. Unfortunate, what should have been a safe pass in the flat was intercepted by a guy I swear came off the sideline. Another drive led to a tie ballgame. Trying to drive for a game winning score resulted in a wide open receiver dropping a pass on third and long. Forced to punt, I watched ND drive down for their own game winning FG. Final score 41-44.

My QB had exactly 400 yards passing, 4 TD and 3 INT. This brings his season numbers to about 2100yds, 20 TD and 4 INT.

I have never been so tempted to "accidentally" kick the power button during that game. I also had a bunch of recruits come to watch the game. With only 1 commit so far, I was expecting this game to solidify a few more. Now I'm not sure what to expect.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I can play after 6:30pm (eastern) on any day. And I'm a night owl so if you need or want to play late, like say start time up to midnight or so, I can.

I can play Saturday or Sunday night any time after 7. Shoot for Saturday 7pm?
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #19
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I can play Saturday or Sunday night any time after 7. Shoot for Saturday 7pm?

Sounds good.

I don't have a headset so don't expect to hear a voice on the other end.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #20
Logan
Head Coach

Welcome sab.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
sabotai
General Manager

Rutgers loses to NC State 42-31. Rutgers led 14-7 with time ticking down in the 1st half and driving for a 3rd score when Rutgers QB Jefferson threw his first of what would be 4 picks of the game. NC State started off the 2nd half with a scoring drive that tied the game. On Rutgers ensuing drive, NC State picked off a pass and took it for a touchdown that gave them the lead. From there, it was a back and forth struggle between Rutgers' methodical, long drives that would have made Bill Parcells shed a tear or two and NC State's quick footed running backs that Rutgers simply could not catch.

In the end, NC State's defense stepped up in the middle of the 4th quarter to make their 3rd pick of the game in the endzone as Rutgers was threatening to take the lead. NC State turned that into another touchdown that made the score 42-31. Rutgers would have one more chance when NC State fumbled the ball away as they were running out the clock. With less than a minute left, Rutgers tried to pull off the impossible upset one more time by throwing deep to get a quick score, but Jefferson would throw his fourth and final pick.

gg Radii. One day in the distant future, I'll learn how to defend against speedy backs.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #22
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
From there, it was a back and forth struggle between Rutgers' methodical, long drives that would have made Bill Parcells shed a tear or two and NC State's quick footed running backs that Rutgers simply could not catch.

That 18 play, 98 yard drive to put you up 14-0 in the 2nd quarter was pretty incredible, and quite demoralizing. Even with you running on first down most of the time I don't think I held you to less than 3 yards on a play that entire drive. I really needed the TD I got on the next drive, I was really worried you were going to lead 21-0 at the half the way the first half was going.

Roberts had an amazing day for NC State, something like 22 carries for 230 yards and 1 catch for 65 yards, 4 total TD's. The long TD run around the right side I was pretty sure was coming when I saw you bring your safety up tight. The one up the middle... I was intending to run a couple times and then open up the passing game since at that time I had a 2:1 run : pass ratio. I was surprised when he went untouched right up the middle on the first play.

Roberts was big and I had 3 big plays on offense for touchdowns, but it was the interceptions that saved my ass. If Rutgers only throws two INTs, doesn't matter which two, I'm pretty sure I don't win.

good game sabotai, and welcome to the league I owe you a rematch next season at your place if you want it.

Last edited by Radii : 02-21-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #23
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
good game sabotai, and welcome to the league I owe you a rematch next season at your place if you want it.

Thanks, and Rutgers would gladly host NC State (and kidnap your running backs before the game starts)
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Thanks, and Rutgers would gladly host NC State (and kidnap your running backs before the game starts)

The sad secret is, that's not the only speed back he has..

Quote:
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

The other guy will be back from his injury in a week or two in time for FSU i think and definitely for the ACC Championship game as long as I don't screw up and not make it there.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #26
Logan
Head Coach

Fuck man. Tried to play my Oklahoma game twice. First I had a freeze as I attempted an extra point (the TD made it 17-13 early in the 2nd quarter), and after I restarted, I was in the 3rd quarter when I got a message saying I was disconnected from XBL. Played thru the game, went on to win, and couldn't get reconnected to upload the result. I kept trying the "reconnect" option with nothing working and then eventually I got kicked all the way back to the main screen.

Might not have a chance to get it in again today, but I'll try later. This was a must-win with all the recruits I had in, and with last week's loss.

D'oh!

Old 02-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #27
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post

He scored so fast most of the time, there wasn't even time for a second back to get any playing time.

My defense sucks. Even his fricken' Tight End outran my defense.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Played thru the game, went on to win, and couldn't get reconnected to upload the result. I kept trying the "reconnect" option with nothing working and then eventually I got kicked all the way back to the main screen.

ugh that sucks
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #29
Logan
Head Coach

Rangers went into OT last night, and combined with the late start due to the jersey retirement ceremony, it was pretty late when I got home. Will do my best to get the game in tonight.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #30
Logan
Head Coach

Ugh.

My guys came out extremely flat, having this confused look on their faces like "Hey, didn't we beat these guys already?" We could not stop their offense and made terrible plays on offense. We found ourselves getting demolished 42-17 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Then all of a sudden something clicked and we started making stops and making plays. We came all the way back to make it 42-37. Driving down the field, my QB decided to throw the ball about 15 yards to the right of my RB who was maybe 10 yards in front of him and it was picked off. Shit. Oklahoma then goes all the way downfield, and hits a WR streaking towards the corner of the end zone. He catches it at the 2, and as he's about to cross, my SS Antoine destroys him and the ball comes out! We recover.

We march down the field once again and time is running out. With about 12 seconds left and a timeout still in our pocket, we find Artrell Woods open in the middle of the field down to the 5. And then the flag comes; a suspicious holding call negates the play and pushes us back to the 34 yard line. With 5 seconds left, OU goes into prevent mode and a last ditch attempt at the end zone is met by about 4 DBs to swat it away. Despite the huge comeback, we still fall in the Bedlam Game.

Sucks to lose one I had, but what can you do. Maybe my recruits saw the last game.

Last edited by Logan : 02-23-2009 at 06:42 PM.